Any luck with signs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Hey everyone,

I have an idea for a sign to take to one of the SYD shows Im going to soon, to try to have a dance with Bono.

Do you know if it still works or should I not bother?

Im gonna try to be on the rail off one of the little stages.

Thanks!

:D

Last edited:
Hmm, it problaly would but after the 200,000 other posters you'll be lucky if you do:wink:

Get somewhere where Bono can see you good, and have everything in huge writing, say something funny too if you can..

That's what I would do

Make it something unique, not "Bono can I have this dance?" or something like that. People tend to snicker and jeer at those types of signs. They do get old fast. In my experience, Bono's picked girls that are really into the show, and usually they don't have signs. Make sure it hangs over the railing. Anything you hold up blocks people's vision.

Yay or nay?

Liesje said:
Make it something unique, not "Bono can I have this dance?" or something like that. People tend to snicker and jeer at those types of signs. They do get old fast. In my experience, Bono's picked girls that are really into the show, and usually they don't have signs. Make sure it hangs over the railing. Anything you hold up blocks people's vision.

Well, my idea was to write: "My husband wont mind if you dance with me Bono!" or something like that. Is that cheesy? I have a couple of other ideas, but thats the main one so far.

If your husband is going to the concert with you then maybe you could do what one other creative fan did and got her husband to hold a sign that said "Please dance with my wife"!! :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
If your husband is going to the concert with you then maybe you could do what one other creative fan did and got her husband to hold a sign that said "Please dance with my wife"!! :wink:

:lol: That was Karl. I'm pretty sure I actually made the sign for him.

He read my sign asking for a dance, and while I didn't get that, he did sing part of UTEOTW to me and nibbled on my fingers on the Elevation tour. :hyper: I would recommend just having a plain black and white sign. I see so many people putting all kinds of effort on brightly colored signs and stuff, that to look at them, while they're pretty, require a lot of time to actually read. :shrug: I figure they don't really have that much time to go and read everyone's signs, so I just made mine in plain black and white (Bono! Won't you set my soul free and have a dance with me?) and then freaked out that he actually read it. :reject: That sign was suggested by a dear friend of mine. I also had a MasterCard commercial sign, which I think Adam read but Bono def didn't. (Something like: "GA ticket: $50, Airfare from Seattle: $300, Dancing with Bono: Priceless")

Good luck!!! *crosses fingers*

ullevi_saraw7.jpg

"Wanna dance? I'm short" seems to work just fine ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kx3QpOLSm88

(*envious despite the fact that I'm a guy*)

Photo taken by Sara W

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
Omg! look how he presses her close and kisses her hand multiple times :combust: My, Bono knows how to dance, that's for sure!

Actually it doesn't show you very good everything that happened.
Before Bono left her back to the security to get her safely back onto the ground, he knelt before her and kissed her hands
(1:43-1:45)
:combust:
That's just sweet! :heart:
A couple more:
ullevi_oscar2.jpg
ullevi_fredrik.jpg

Last edited:
Update

Just an update: I made a sign for the 3rd Sydney show (my last show). My husband had the idea for the sign to write "No, thank YOU for giving us a great life. Will you dance with me?". We got on the rail, in front of the stage on Adam's side. Anyway, I didnt get to dance with him (he got a young black lady up during MW and WOWY) he did notice my sign during UTEOTW. He sang the "I kissed your lips, broke your heart" bit and pointed at me. My husband was next to me and was motioning to Bono to come to us. Bono then came down the steps and walked in front of us and was smiling and singing to us. He looked around then jumped into the crowd about a meter away from us. I tried to reach him but I couldnt! There was a little girl next to us so I think he didnt want to do it near her in case she would get hurt.

Anyway, my husband and I had a great time at the shows. We had a nice surprise on Friday when we were let in the ellipse at the last minute by Scotty who's head of U2 security...Talk about amazing!

The last show was the best of the 3, with changes in the setlist and the band seemed even more relaxed...

To everyone going to the other shows, have a great time!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom