Any ladies here that are into gardening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Spring is coming up and I can't wait to plant my herbs. I grow thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, chives, sage, and oregano. There is nothing like using fresh herbs to cook with. My favorite flower are roses, but I don't have much luck with them. ::wink:

Every single thing I've ever planted has died, so you could say I'm a frustrated gardener. :sigh: I love miniature roses though. :yes:

I love roses, and I wish I had a place to put them.

It seems like the unusual colored bushes don't live very long. Red and pink do well. My mom has a bush grown from a piece of a bush that is over 100 years old. She always has good luck with everything except yellow, but her neighbor had a huge yellow one. I love the smell of them too. I hope I can have a big yard one day and have a whole rose garden.

I've also always wanted to grow a food garden, or even be a farmer. I used to help my grandparents with their garden when I was a kid.

Unfortunately I do not have a green thumb, but it's something I want to learn. I'm lucky though that my husband does, he grows some vegetables in the summer and he does a great job with our roses. Here in New York, I think we have to wait until at least June before you can plant anything.

My mom's got this big honking burning bush in the back yard...
I'm a dedicated gardener's helper :)
She had a little fit when she saw the split-leaf hydrangea in hippy's back yard.
I'm sure I just spelled that wrong.
*points* here is our dirty work

pond.jpg

dipster said:
Unfortunately I do not have a green thumb, but it's something I want to learn. I'm lucky though that my husband does, he grows some vegetables in the summer and he does a great job with our roses. Here in New York, I think we have to wait until at least June before you can plant anything.

I start near the end of April.

i worked for the gardens department at a college nearby for the last three summers, and it looks like i'll be doing the same this summer

i don't know anyhting about gardening. more like "hardcore gardening" where you spend your day ripping out shrubery and driving golf cart-loads of vines that you took out of throny bushes

Back
Top Bottom