any Edge fan, to answer ;p

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Where did Mr Edge sing 'Cheer up Sleepy Jean'?

And was it only the once?

edge19.jpg

smile.gif

oh, and which U2 Zoo concert did he wear this????????

biggrin.gif

edge21.jpg

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 01-07-2002).]

He sang it at Wembley stadium, I was there! SIGH.....I have a recording too. I'm sure that he sang it other places too. Don't know the answer to the 2nd question though.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by mad1:

edge21.jpg

*calls Joan Rivers*

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
He sang it at Wembley stadium, I was there! SIGH.....I have a recording too. I'm sure that he sang it other places too. Don't know the answer to the 2nd question though.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-07-2002).]

I was there too - great memories !

Mike

Mike!!!!
smile.gif
You found your way into Pleba, my 2nd home! Welcome!!!
smile.gif

Weren't those shows awesome? After the show I got Edge to sign my ticket. He smiled at me and I turned around and completely lost it. *sigh*

I've got boots if you need'em, although they are tapes.

Originally posted by mike63:
I was there too - great memories !

Mike

Yup, but I blew it though! I didn't know what to say. A wasted opportunity!
frown.gif

I'm sorry!
frown.gif
I'm sure I would barely be able to squeak out a "thank you" if I got Edge's autograph. At least you got those pictures of him!

I love that song ... Edgie is an awesome singer.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Tell us your story, Mrs.Edge!
Any pictures?

Well, it isn't too exciting! LOL! We went and stood along a barricade at the end of one of the Wembley shows, and Lo and Behold, along came Larry and Edge! I got to Larry at the front of the line (and I honestly don't recall saying ANYTHING!) and then I finally found a place along the end of the line. I was so worried Edge wouldn't make it that far, it was a huge line.

Anyway, he was being really serious the whole way along, and then he got to me, and stopped, looked right into my eyes, and I don't know if it was the expression on myface or what, but his face broke out into an Edgie smile!!!! With a shaking hand, I gave him my ticket, and when he gave it back to me I squeaded "Thanks!" And then I turned around and ran away! Then, when the enormity of the fact that Dave Evans had looked in my eyes hit me, I burst into tears! End of story. LOL!!

Then, on this tour, I again came up to Edge, this time in a barely controlled mob. This time, I got to shake his hand, but I STILL blew it, only uttering "thank you so much!" Didn't cry this time though! LOL!!!

Here are some pics of Edge and Larry at Wembley that time.....Thanks for asking.

19363599NCPUTDmETP_ph.jpg

19363811FGvfHhLcWc_ph.jpg

19887865TvofxFBcXs_ph.jpg

19887882OwFJBvnPQw_ph.jpg

19887913NtlJCEPOdB_ph.jpg

19891074QVhPARrgkv_ph.jpg

Hey Mrs.Edge that was a great story!
Larry must have had a good night to let that lady kiss him!
Don't feel bad about crying after meeting Edge, I would have done the same.
At least you can say you met him twice!!
Did you take those pics?
Thanks for sharing!

19891074QVhPARrgkv_ph.jpg

GIRL: WOW! Even your EAR is smooth!

LARRY: If she hadn't damaged me brain with her tongue, I'd be snarling right now. However...

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Thank you, Mrs. Clayton!
smile.gif
I'm glad you liked the story, and I took some of the pics, and some were taken by my friend John Harris, who really is an excellent U2 photographer. He runs a fanzine called Elevator that caused quite a stir in Vegas. He even got Bono to pose for the cover!

Oh, and Mike - I was there both nights, in the "pen" which was the Zooropa and Popmart version of the heart as you know.

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-09-2002).]

Originally posted by mad1:

oh, and which U2 Zoo concert did he wear this????????

biggrin.gif

edge21.jpg

Wow!
eek.gif
Look at those pants! Wow!

*HG is speechless*

Mrs. Edge, that's kind of sweet how you ran away and cried! *hugs* In the end, though, you didn't need to say anything. Your sign said it all!

Mike!!!!
smile.gif
You found your way into Pleba, my 2nd home! Welcome!!!
smile.gif

Weren't those shows awesome? After the show I got Edge to sign my ticket. He smiled at me and I turned around and completely lost it. *sigh*

I've got boots if you need'em, although they are tapes.

Mrs Edge

Well thanks ! Did you go to both nights ? I was on the pitch first night and right at the back in the seats second night - where you got a really good view on the whole POPMART experience. Also managed to see them in Rotterdam on the POPMART tour -that was a good weekend.

I have also met Edge (the real one not your hubby of course), along with the other 3 backstage in Manchester - but that was ages ago. Edge was very chatty - remembering festivals/concerts that I had been to and saying what he thought of U2s performance etc. I feel really lucky to have met them in such circumstances.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom