Anton Corbijn - Edge & Bono's Hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady of Cymru

Acrobat
(Sorry if this has already been posted in the time it took me to finally get the scans uploaded)

Anton Corbijn was in Holland last Saturday to present pictures he took of hands of famous people, they have been made into postcards to promote a telephone helpline.
There are 10 cards, one of Edge and one of Bono & Bob Geldof.
They are given out at Dutch postoffices this week.
I scanned them, hope it worked.

edgeantoncorbijnpk1.jpg

bobgeldofbonoantoncorbiwh6.jpg

Yay you managed to scan them :D
Just wanted to let you know on U2-VT.com, but I figure I can do that here too, my father came back from work today, AND HE BROUGHT THEM WITH HIM!!!!!
I was so surprised, I didn't know they were available outside of Groningen!
Hee hee, I recognized Bono's and Edge's hands straight away :D

Edge really has long fingers, big hand, and Bono has a big hand and short thick fingers... Especially compared to Bob!
Do you have any idea when these pics have been shot?

I could be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that Anton Corbijn will be on Dutch tv tomorrow evening (De wereld draait door - ndl 3 - 19.30u)
Maybe to talk about these pics?
weetniet001.gif

Thanks for the scans!

Oh GG, I thought you knew, anyway, you have them now. That must have been a good surprise!
I don't know anymore than it says on the cards: that the pics were taken in London in 2006. I read an article in yesterdays paper where Anton says it didn't take him more than a few minutes to take each picture as they are all people he knows who live around the corner.
Yeah, I could pick them out no problem, I recognized the adorable fur on Edges arms *blushes*

Can I ask you something? How do I use the smilies? When I try they only appear at the top. ( As I've said before, I am no good with computers)

Thanks Bibien for the tv tip!

Lady of Cymru said:
Oh GG, I thought you knew, anyway, you have them now. That must have been a good surprise!
I don't know anymore than it says on the cards: that the pics were taken in London in 2006. I read an article in yesterdays paper where Anton says it didn't take him more than a few minutes to take each picture as they are all people he knows who live around the corner.
Yeah, I could pick them out no problem, I recognized the adorable fur on Edges arms *blushes*

Can I ask you something? How do I use the smilies? When I try they only appear at the top. ( As I've said before, I am no good with computers)

What you selected is message icon :) Next to the text box is a little thing with smileys, click on get more to find the one you want, and click on it to put it in your message.... it doesn't hurt to learn the codes for them :)

THanks Bibien, but sadly my parents gave up our Tv guide 'because it was a waste of money' :angry: humph! It was a nice one, and even had some Bono coverage every now and then... now all we have is the day's paper, so I'll only be able to check tomorrow... but I will :) thanks for the heads up!

I probably shouldn't be sitting here laughing at Bono's hand, but I can't help it :lol:

Moving on from that though, I know almost nothing about palmistry, but from what I can tell, they both have very strong life lines. I only know about life lines because I looked into them after noticing how broken mine was :(

I was so happy when I saw your thread Ladyofcymru . :wave:
Thanks for the scans . I didn't recognize Edge's hand , I really thought I would . And is that the back of Bono's hand ? The one without the One bracelet . I should be banned from pleba , :sad: I can't even spot the back of Bono's hand . :scream:

Bono's hand is the tiny one with the One bracelet. Edge's is the first one. Bob Geldof's is the one with its back turned. :wink:

I have a huge collection of u2 postcards. Have been collecting them for years. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick me up a set. I could offer payment, S & H as well as 5 concert DVd's from my trade list.. I would be most grateful.

Mustreed@aol.com

Last edited:
Lady of Cymru said:

I think they might have been taken during the Abbey Road Photo shoot (with Greenday), so not long ago.

Anton, Bono, Edge ànd Bob were there at a certain point.

Thanks Bibien :wave: , I'll try to remember to watch :)

Ok.. that interview with Anton on duth tv had nothing to do with U2...:D No Bono hands :grumpy:

:banghead: Even if it's nothing to do with U2, I still would've wanted to watch it.... but I forgot about it and went to Karate, and didn't ask my sister to tape it ><
*stupidstupidstupidstupid*

Lady of Cymru..
I sent u 2 emails and they both bounced back.

My list of DVd's is on All I want Is you thread. Please pick 5 and send me an email with your address and selection. I'll try again to send you my address.
Val

Sooooo how many words did you understood? :lol:

This was the first time I heard Anton speak Dutch! I must say, his accent is much better here :wink:

You can try on Monday and ask if they have any left over. When I was at the postoffice on Friday they were not handing them out anymore, but when I asked, they still had a box in the back. You might get lucky and they will still have some at your postoffice.

:hyper: I GOT THEM!!! :D

The action was over already (only last week) but he had a few left of em in the back :drool:

:shifty:

two of you can expect mail from Holland this week :wink:

Back
Top Bottom