Another New Girl In Town!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
I?ve been posting on PLEBA for about three weeks or so, but I think I was supposed to officially introduce myself somewhere along the line!

I'm Diane, as you can tell from my user name. I?ve already written about how I became a U2 fan in a thread about just that. To summarize: I?ve been listening to their music for about 20 years, and they?ve been one of my favorite bands throughout that time. But over the past couple of years, with ATYCLB?s release and their frequent appearances on TV, I?ve loved them more than ever. And the night after the Grammies, I started thinking of Bono in a PLEBA kind of way!

I?ve really enjoyed reading the posts on the PLEBA board, and I want to be part of the fun! I?d especially like to know how many of you are over 35. I?m part of the 40+ (and fabulous!) age bracket myself, and I'm looking at Our Band as examples of how to age gracefully, yet still be cool enough for rock and roll!

That?s about all I have to say for now?just wanted to let you know that there?s yet another Bono Girl on PLEBA!

Diane

welcome to pleba diane! i am 29 yrs old and an adam luver since i was 13! yaaayyyy for me!
smile.gif

------------------
you'll never know how I watched you
from the shadows as a child
you'll never know how it feels to be the one
who's left behind...

*+*MaRiA*+*

Welcome to PLEBA!
smile.gif
...and, you know the rest of Interference.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Welcome Diane, but I'm wondering how a woman could have been a fan in the 80's and not have had PLEBA type attraction to Bono? I did, and I still do! Most of the people here were born in the 80's, glad to have another 'relic' around
wink.gif
Yes, he is a sexy man!

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-09-2002).]

Welcome... so, Grammys did it for ya!??! Huh!

Well, take a dose of this!
grammy_30.jpg

grammy_10.jpg

And that!
grammy_7.jpg

grammy_11.jpg

And a little more of this!
grammy_2.jpg

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Hey Diane, welcome to PLEBA, glad to meet you! I'm 35 and it's always nice to have another "old lady" around here
biggrin.gif
I have also been a fan for 20+ years and I love, love, love my Bono! Happy posting!

welcome Diana!!! Hope you like it here
smile.gif

I?m 30 years old and fell in love with a certain bass player about 18 years ago
biggrin.gif

But be careful, this place is addictive
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Welcome Diane
smile.gif

This feels like it should be a support group meeting *giggle*

My name is hippy and I've been a fan since BD was released, so I'm a fairly newbie like yourself
smile.gif

Enjoy PLEBA, that's what it's here for!

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

oh, oh, Diane! Welcome to this place! You won't leave that soon.

I was born, when the boys left school...

------------------
In Adam Clayton, U2 have their emotional touchstone, a thoughtful, reflective man, comfortable in his skin, fluid with his feelings, enjoying his life. -- Dermot Moore, Hotpress 2001

[This message has been edited by JENNY (edited 04-10-2002).]

Hi Diane,

I"ve been a fan since I was 13 year old, and um, well the October album was out then, so that makes me 33.

But I feel like I'm 18 most of the time,esp on here!

I've had a PLEBA type attraction since The Unforgettable Fire video
smile.gif
I've loved U2 forever and seen them on every tour since JT days, but I got sorta "crazy" over them in 2001.

Hi, I'm 20 and literally a lifer, I was raised on U2! Bono is my main man!

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

Hiya Diana...Lilly here (aka resident smart ass). I am 17, I've been a fan since I was 17. Actually, I'm coming up on my one year here! (Got ATYCLB for my 17th b-day). I'm gonna try to post a still fer ya, so, lesse if it works!

That failed miserably....sorry! Welcome anyways!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-10-2002).]

Thank you all for saying hi! I was sort of shy to introduce myself, so thanks for making me feel welcome!

Today definitely was a U2ey kinda day for me. When I got home from work, I found the two auction items I'd won from Ebay. One was the 3-song live EP from Best Buy, so I've been listening to that all evening. (Edge's harmonies on "Gone"?fantastic!) The other was a copy of Propaganda?and the seller threw in "U2: The Early Days" at no extra cost! Baby U2!!! That seller will get an A+++++++ on feedback from me for sure. Along with your nice responses, and the fact that today (Wednesday) is LEATHER day...well, today's been pretty darn Bonoriffic!

So, thank you all. And one of these days, I've got to figure out how to get into Chat to say "hi" in real time.

Diane

Hello and nice to meet you!! It seems this forum is always changing people, and getting younger all the time. I have been here a year and have seen it change a lot. I'm 40 years old, 28 days younger than Larry. I have two kids, a 15 year old son who loves U2 and a 12 year old daughter who claims she doesn't, but I think she's only buggin' me. I happen to know there are at least 3 other 40 year olds on here who didn't respond to this. Maybe they were embarrassed to post it now with so many young ones here, or maybe they just didn't see your thread (that happens, not everyone is here all the time)but they're around.

I have been a U2 fan since 1981. I have always thought Bono was the cutest, sexiest, most beautiful man I have ever seen and no one has ever attracted me more or made me feel the way he does. I have always admired his cool clothes and beautiful hair (okay all but during Pop,that was the exception, I did fall out of love during that time, but now my love is back and maybe stronger than ever!!) It's not just his looks. I love the way he talks, his sexy moves (you didn't notice that in the old days?)his kind heart with all his causes, and his love and devotion to his SAME wife of 20 years and their 4 kids, the SAME band members of 25 years, and even his old childhood mates he still hangs around with. He is such an incredible man in so many ways. My favorite thing about PLEBA is the pics, especially the ones of Bono looking hot! Please enjoy yourself, and don't get discouraged if the forum runs away and gets a bit silly at times. There is something here for everyone, most of the time, and if I'm on I'd love to talk to you anytime.
smile.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:

My favorite thing about PLEBA is the pics, especially the ones of Bono looking hot! Please enjoy yourself, and don't get discouraged if the forum runs away and gets a bit silly at times.There is something here for everyone, most of the time, and if I'm on I'd love to talk to you anytime.
smile.gif

Nicely said, GypsyHeartgirl! ...and it gets a bit silly at times indeed, and someone might feel ignored every now and then.

There were so many times I laughed my head off, while reading PLEBA. It's our passionate love for U2 that lets us remain faithful to this place, I guess.

BTW, I think it's cool to have different age-groups in here.

------------------
In Adam Clayton, U2 have their emotional touchstone, a thoughtful, reflective man, comfortable in his skin, fluid with his feelings, enjoying his life. -- Dermot Moore, Hotpress 2001

[This message has been edited by JENNY (edited 04-13-2002).]

Here I am! This weekend has been pretty hectic, and I haven't really been around here too much (although I did respond to a EYKIW thread that brought up the NY Yankees!)

Gypsy, thank you so much for your post on this thread. I've read other posts of yours over the past couple of weeks, and they are very thoughtful. I do want to chime in on the POP thread that's currently going on EYKIW, but I want to compose my response very carefully, because that album seems to be a controversial topic, to say the least.

And here's a question: does VH1CLassic EVER play U2 videos? The third clip I ever saw on this new-to-me network was WTSHNN on the roof in Los Angeles, but I've watched for several hours and haven't seen them since! And it seems like they repeat the same sequence of videos every 8 hours or so. What a waste of a potentially great viewing experience!

Diane

I don't get VH-1 Classic
frown.gif
Maybe someone else can tell you, and I hope my cable will add it! Thanks for talking to me, see you later! (PS I don't blame you for avoiding controversy!)

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by Diane L:
And here's a question: does VH1CLassic EVER play U2 videos? The third clip I ever saw on this new-to-me network was WTSHNN on the roof in Los Angeles, but I've watched for several hours and haven't seen them since! And it seems like they repeat the same sequence of videos every 8 hours or so. What a waste of a potentially great viewing experience!
Diane
Haha, yeah they do play a good amount of U2! I had this channel on all last summer, and I remember a bunch. Um, I Will Follow, Gloria, Pride, NYD, Two Hearts Beat as One, UF, Streets, ISHFWILF, October/SBS/NYD from Red Rocks, Angel of Harlem, Desire, WOWY, AIWIY... yeah. Those are all of the videos I remember seeing on there. Try tuesday two-play, lol. I'm such a nerd.

Oh yeah, I've found that they usually only play one artist per day... 'cept for Tuesdays!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 04-14-2002).]

SIGH! I love all those old videos too. Oh, hi and welcome Diane L!
smile.gif

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Back
Top Bottom