another getting to know you thread part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much Anitram for that recap.... awww Carter & Susan would be so cute together (sorry but that man is so adorable.....), but I can't stand that Rachel girl, they need to send her back home (and I thought she was only supposed to be 11 years old, but she's 14 or 15.. maybe it's magic! LoL)

But anyways, thanks again! *hug*

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
a little girl with Irish eyes...

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Hmmm... I listen to all sorts of stuff really, other than U2 it's mostly Garbage, Jeff Buckley, and Van Morrison. I literally have tons of different interests though.

As for TV - I really dont watch much. I watch a lot of baseball during the season, after that the only two I try to watch are Friends, and Sex in the City. Plus - loved Band of Brothers.

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Music: Bjork, of course. Also Garbage, Billie Holiday, Tori Amos, Enya, Missy Elliott, Coldplay, Oasis, & Sting. (I'm sorry to admit that I used to be a teenybopper, but I overcame that stage of my life when I entered college. Hallelujah!)

Tv Shows: Will & Grace, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, & Frasier. (I don't watch much TV.)

Dennis Miller Live
The Daily Show
Charmed

Bob Dylan, Seven Nations, Nina Simone, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Violent Femmes....hell, I like all sorts of music.

Bob Dylan, Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, Tom Petty, The Boss, Fleetwood Mac, Wallflowers, Pink Floyd, The Clash, CCR, Bowie, The Doors.......

Friends, The Simpsons and music related stuff

Cool thread poptart! I really like to know what the other girls interests are.

I can't live without music. I always need it with me. Here are the other artists I listen to besides U2:

Fiona Apple, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Blur,Bob Marley, Bran Van 3000 (a funky Montreal band), Chemical Brothers, The Clash, Coldplay, The Doors, IAM (a rap group that comes from Marseille, France),John Lennon, Madonna, PJ Harvey, The Pogues, Prodigy, R.E.M, The Rolling Stones...I also like soundtracks with alternative music like the soundtracks for: The Beach, Trainspotting, Run Lola Run..I listen to almost anything, except cheesy dance music and country.

As for t.v shows, because of school and work I always seem to miss my favorite t.v programs but when I do catch them they are: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Will & Grace, Sex and the City and (old episodes of) The Simpsons.

TV is my weakness...I tape Port Charles, All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital...I love my soaps
biggrin.gif

~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Don't watch TV much, except for Thursday nights.. I love ER (but I missed it this week - can someone fill me in?),

OK, I'm feeling nice.
wink.gif

Benton got served with custody papers by Roger. He also took a DNA test to determine if Reese is his biological son. Carter's grandmother was diagnosed with a degenerative disease. Carter and Susan flirted, and he told her about his stabbing and addiction. Rachel got suspended from school, and Corday suspects Babcock (the aneshtesiologist) to be the "Angel of Mercy." They got a new med student (Michael Gallant), and the french chick is training to be a nurses' aide. I think that's pretty much it.
smile.gif

Oh, and I like REM, the Rolling Stones. Watch ER, The West Wing, and a few others.
smile.gif

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I love the Brit shows like "Absolutely Fabulous" and I can't wait to get a dish so we can get BBC...... but I have a question for the Brits here too....

Do any of you remember the show "The Young Ones?" They used to show it on MTV in America years ago, and it was about 4 British college students living together in a house..... I have it on tape & I love watching it... Does anyone else here know what I'm talking about?

I totally remember that show!!! I use to watch it all the time!! I even have a couple episodes on video....

It's funny, b/c none of my friends seem to get the humor in it.. Oh well, I like it!

Let's seeeeeeeeee *ponders*

Music I like: Radiohead, The Cranberries, The Corrs, Robbie Williams (I think he's yum lol), George Michael, The Beatles, The Stones, AC/DC, Bjork, Oasis, Coldplay, Weezer, Spanish rock and pop, Techno music, etc, etc,etc....

Tv shows I watch: Hmm well I looooove the Simpsons, and I love to watch spanish soap operas, they're so good and they don't last forever like the american ones lol
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

a close second to listening to U2's music are the corrs.
wink.gif
what a coincidence w/ the irish quartet thing. other faves would be dave matthews, sarah mclachlan, tori amos and lounge music.

as for tv shows, i haven't much time to watch, but i don't miss friends. LOL...

Music: Coldplay, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Stereophonics, the Verve (sense a trend here? lol!), Madonna, George Michael, Guns n' Roses, and lots of different pop/hip hop (but nothing significant enough to mention by name).

TV shows: Sex and the City, Felicity (i admit it!)

smile.gif

Other artists/music that I listen to: Sting, The Police, REM (gotta support the hometown boys), Depeche Mode, Train, DMB, Smashing Pumpkins, some country, some jazz

Favorite Shows: Sex in The City, Ab Fab, Will& Grace, Everyone Loves Raymond,Friends, 3rd Watch, NYPDBlue

Back
Top Bottom