Another getting to know you thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone.
smile.gif

My name is Kate.

I am a 3rd year law student. I work part-time as a nanny, and recently got another job at a cafe to help pay for my trip to Vegas!

Currently single -
frown.gif

I don't really have a fave U2 member... I luv all of them for different reasons.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bluesky:
Are you me??
biggrin.gif

We sound so alike. Yeah...I want to be a doctor too...but don't really want to be in school for another 12 years...!!
smile.gif

WHOA! We DO sound alike...kinda strange.
What does it mean if you're "Pre-med?" (I'm from Canada--we don't have that).
I know..I'm not looking forward to spending the rest of my life in school either. AS if that's not enough, EVERYONE in this blasted university wants to be a doctor too! (Can we say, "competition??")
WHOA! We DO sound alike...kinda strange. Hey, e-mail me...the_sweetest_thing@mail.com

okie.. im Mirella. First year student at McGill in Montreal. Im 19, im single (for now), and dont have a job because I just moved here.
all i need to say is EDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

------------------
"The Edge plays a mournful, ejaculatory guitar solo in 'Love is Blindress', stabbing out thick emotional blues notes that linger and then fall away like tears. "A more eloquent prayer than anything I could say," Bono reflects.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
WHOA! We DO sound alike...kinda strange.
What does it mean if you're "Pre-med?" (I'm from Canada--we don't have that).
I know..I'm not looking forward to spending the rest of my life in school either. AS if that's not enough, EVERYONE in this blasted university wants to be a doctor too! (Can we say, "competition??")
WHOA! We DO sound alike...kinda strange. Hey, e-mail me...the_sweetest_thing@mail.com

Pre-med just means you're an undergraduate student taking classes required for Medical School. STRESSFULL!!!!!! I'm just a sophomore, so I have a long way to go. I'm just starting the whole organic chemistry series...basically the hardest class EVER!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Here we go ...

I'm 28 years old.

I work for the United States Postal Service( Motto:WHAT? MORE ANTHRAX?) as a CFS clerk. When you fill out a change-of-address form, and all your mail is forwarded to a remote fishing village in Alaska -- well, that might be my fault!
eek.gif

I am single, but potentially taken.( I am not clear about this, as the guy I go out with is very quiet!)

A family friend of ours was the one who totally evangelized me on U2.(She also evangelized me into going to the same college she did ... but that's another story!) Seeing ZooTv is what completely got me, hook, line, and sinker! I've been a fan ever since.
My favorite band member:
icon19.gif

He is just so cute!
Bono in leather pants, however, is very tempting!

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by Burning_Azalea (edited 11-01-2001).]

This is a fun game. I'll play. I'm Sara.

I am a poet.

That makes no money.

I am a graduate student studying poetry writing.

That also makes no money.

I make money by teaching intro composition here at the university, so that would be the most likely to qualify as a "job." However, I don't consider it my primary occupation.
biggrin.gif

I am single. I feel like just typing that carries so much baggage! But that's okay.
smile.gif

I love love love Bono. Sometimes I've wanted to break free and 'sample' some other members of U2, but they just don't do it for me like he does. HUBBA HUBBA!!!

------------------
just as I am I awoke with a tear on my tongue

Hello
smile.gif

I think I'm the third Sara on this board... it's nice to meet you!
I'm in high school and wanting to desperately get out and do what I would like. I really enjoy writing or web design.
And my favorite band member is Bono. Why? I dunno... he's so amazing
biggrin.gif

Anyone planning to go to the Salt Lake City show??

Name: Monica

I'm 19, I'm a college student. I'm majoring in Commercial Recreation and Therapuetic Rec. With a minor in History!
tongue.gif

During the summer I work at a Radio Station.... Office work, like making sure we don't have any dead air! :p LOL I make the logs and stuff.

Right now I'm not working I'll be working only when the NBA season starts!
tongue.gif
The station broacasts NBA home games Live on Radio so I get to go to the games for free set up the station equipment stay watch the game.... after game, pack things up and that is it! :p

I'm single, but dating someone!
biggrin.gif

Favorite Member: Bono :p

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-02-2001).]

My name is Natalie, I'm 18 and live in London

Work - Been working at Starbucks for the last 18 months but I'm quitting soon to get an office job as I hate working there. Left school last June - and planning on going to University in Dublin next Sept.

Relationship Status - Don't ask!

And finally my fave band member? I'll leave that one for you to work out!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 11-02-2001).]

Hey guys...

My name is Jackie, I'm 31 and have loved u2 since 1983 when I was 13, first saw them live when I was 14! I have grown up being an obsessed fan and I think my 2 daughters will do the same (they know all the words to elevation!). I'm married , my girls are christie (6yrs) caitlyn (3yrs) - nice irish name!
Fav member would have to be Larry... I fell for him in the 'i will follow' video!
I work as a data entry operator 3 days a week, and the rest of the time spent reading the posts in pleba!!
Seeya from sunny Sydney!

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Ok ok my turn!!!

My name is Cristina (but everybody calls me Cristy), and I'm 21

Edumications: (lol) I go to UTSA soon to be SWT and i'm studying International Relations with a concentration in Translation

Work: I've been working at a grocery store as a cashier for 5 years now (I hate it more than anything in this world
biggrin.gif

Status: I've got a boyfriend, MAgU2k, aka Matt, we've been together 1 month yay
smile.gif

Family: I'm an only child (spoiled yes
biggrin.gif
) I've got a kitty, her name is Mullen Kitty and she's the diva cat (takes after her mother)

Fan Since: 87, my cousin got me into U2 when I was 7 playing WTSHNN all the time, I liked to dance to it all the time
biggrin.gif
I became a real fan in 92, and a hardcore obsessive Larry lovin fan in 97
biggrin.gif

Fave member: Larry
biggrin.gif
*siiiiiiiiiiigh* he's such a sexy mofo

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

My I'm so late on this one. I feel so alone!!!

I am a 38 year old married with 2 beautiful girls, 7 and 3. My oldest screams E L E V A T I O N and my youngest just screams. Have been a fan since '82 and it's been a great ride.

And I can't find the time at night to post so don't hold it against me. I promise I'll share if you will?

Originally posted by Naya:
LOL Ally! Yeah the finger licking helps !
wink.gif
A friend of my mom who was in the seats saw him licking his finger during Beautiful Day ! I was like : "That's what he did immediatly after holding my fingers !!" I'm a nut.

I really liked your review of the NY shows. Are you going to any more shows?

I have gone to Europe once...when I was 2 years old.
rolleyes.gif
I really wish that one day I will be able to go and see and visit all the places and paintings I am studying right now. Though I guess the Metropolitean Museum of Fine Arts in NY would be a great way to start.
smile.gif

Hey Naya! Oh, I really hope that you do get the chance to go to Europe someday. There really is nothing like seeing all of the paintings and buildings in person- I was very fortunate to study in Paris while I was in college, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. You should really look into whether your university has study-abroad programs. But if you can't make it across the Atlantic, definitely come to New York! the Met has a wonderful collection- particularly 19th century European painting (all the big names- Degas, Manet, Monet, etc.). and if you're into modern art, MOMA and the Whitney have very extensive collections.
smile.gif

As for me doing more shows, well, i'm really burned out right now (way too little sleep over the past week!). however, i won 2 free plane tickets to anywhere in the USA at my law firm's Christmas party last year. I need to use them by Dec. 31st, so- although i'm not crazy about the idea of flying right now- i just might have to go to the last LA show. definitely not sure about that, though.
smile.gif

ps- I *knew* it was about the finger-licking! LOL
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom