Another Fake Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I came across this article about a woman sports writer's adventures at this year's Kentucky Derby, which took place on Saturday May 5th. She also attended some other events on that weekend, and on the Sunday she says she met Bono. Here's an exerpt:

The cavalcade of greatness didn’t end there. Later on Sunday, I arrived at my gate to spy, going relatively unnoticed, Bono, U2’s lead singer. Bono’s songs have taken people on great spiritual journeys, but beyond U2, Bono has dedicated himself to the fight against poverty, and in particular the developing world’s crippling debt burden. We discussed the ONE campaign, hunger and extreme poverty and, less importantly, my world of golf (which he has tried, but doesn’t play regularly). As we parted, he left me with this: “I hope U2 is able to inspire you to make a difference in your world”.

And here's a picture of her with "Bono":

4035_6.jpg

As we all know, Bono was in Michigan of the 4th and Dallas on the 5th, sporting his new short haircut. We know "our" guy's a horse racing enthusiast, but I believe she was had by an imposter. What do you think?

(By the way, here's a link to the entire article:
http://www.cybergolf.com/lipout/index.asp?newsid=4035 )

Totally not him. Believe me, if Bono had been in my state, I'd have known. And he'd have looked a hell of a lot hotter than that.

These Bono imposters (is that the same guy as before?!) really oughta do their research better. Bono's hair has been short since early April, he hasn't worn shades that colour in years, and Bono never poses without putting his left arm across his stomach!

Sooooooooooooooooo not him!

I think it's pretty lame when people pretend to be B. i mean, one thing is to be in a tribute band and "play" Bono, but to trick people into believing they are the real thing??? That's so sad.

:tsk::down:

I love the corny quote: "I hope U2 is able to inspire you to make a difference in your world." Oh fuck off.

And he's wearing two rings on his right hand.:nerd:

Yes, she needs to know :| Sadly..

What's sadder is that this guy thinks so lowly of himself that he has to attact fake adulation. Still.. I hate these jerks :banghead:

I wrote to her (nicely). I included a couple of pics of him at the podium in Grand Rapids. I'll let you know if she responds.

I hate it when people do that, its a bit sick really. Yeah i thought it looked a bit like the one who had a photo taken with someone a while back..:mad:

my friends would even know thats not bono lol and they hate him lol, since when has bono had a tan lol.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
one thing is to be in a tribute band and "play" Bono, but to trick people into believing they are the real thing??? That's so sad.

:tsk::down:

I completely agree. Unbelievable. :down:

are you guys looking at the same picture as me? that looks like bono for sure. who is this guy? bono's long lost twin?

ahmad said:
are you guys looking at the same picture as me? that looks like bono for sure. who is this guy? bono's long lost twin?

But that's the whole idea of an impersonator; it wouldn't work if he didn't look like him. The point here is that Bono doesn't look like that anymore, and hasn't for a while. Have you not seen how he looks now? Here's an example:

b1.jpg

Are all the fake Bonos scrambling now to get their hair cut?
:lol:

biff said:
I came across this article about a woman sports writer's adventures at this year's Kentucky Derby, which took place on Saturday May 5th. She also attended some other events on that weekend, and on the Sunday she says she met Bono. Here's an exerpt:

And here's a picture of her with "Bono":

4035_6.jpg

As we all know, Bono was in Michigan of the 4th and Dallas on the 5th, sporting his new short haircut. We know "our" guy's a horse racing enthusiast, but I believe she was had by an imposter. What do you think?

(By the way, here's a link to the entire article:
http://www.cybergolf.com/lipout/index.asp?newsid=4035 )

The article isn't there anymore! YAY!! She must have received your e-mail and removed the offensive piece straight away!?! :ohmy:

Whoever this Bono imposter is, he ought to be ashamed of himself, getting people to believe he's the real thing! :no: Coz he's definately isn't any better than the real thing!! :tsk:

Sorry couldn't resíst!! :wink:

kellyahern said:
It looks like the same jerk who did it before too :|

I think it is... although it looks like "Mr. Hepatitis" has worked a bit on his tan since the last pics we saw if him! :eeklaugh:

Seriously though, this man is :coocoo: - he must be sick, cos this kind of behaviour just isn't normal! :|

OMG!! I cant believe it..Though the reporter was fooled is due to the fact that she doesnt know Bono enough like we do..I mean If my brothers or non U2 fans aquintences saw this guy they for sure think it was Bono!! My brothers see Bono around my stuff but they dont know him from a fake Bono...Same as my co-workers if they see a faker they would swear they saw Bono..

It is SICK what this guy-jerk(s) are doing!!! :mad:
This guy is getting away with it and no doubt laughing his ugly ass off!!!:madspit:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now she's obviously got the attention of the fans who've warned her what's gone on, wouldn't she only have to find out where B was on the day of the 'said' interview? I would have thought a reporter or whatever would have checked out their contacts before putting something like this to print, knowing that Bon could be anywhere at any given time, especially w/the high press coverage of his recent tour of Africa. I feel so sorry for her being duped like this. She must be feeling pretty sick now. And for the record, I think that PM/Bono should check this out. Going round stealing someone's identity must be an offence. What if this guy starts doing TV interviews as Bono - he's already hit the papers/magazines, what's one step further?

youvedonewhat said:
And for the record, I think that PM/Bono should check this out. Going round stealing someone's identity must be an offence. What if this guy starts doing TV interviews as Bono - he's already hit the papers/magazines, what's one step further?

:yes: I was thinking the same thing - that PM ought to know about his insane idiot, but... how would you approach it? I mean, can you just write to PM like that? :scratch:

youvedonewhat said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but now she's obviously got the attention of the fans who've warned her what's gone on, wouldn't she only have to find out where B was on the day of the 'said' interview? I would have thought a reporter or whatever would have checked out their contacts before putting something like this to print, knowing that Bon could be anywhere at any given time, especially w/the high press coverage of his recent tour of Africa. I feel so sorry for her being duped like this. She must be feeling pretty sick now. And for the record, I think that PM/Bono should check this out. Going round stealing someone's identity must be an offence. What if this guy starts doing TV interviews as Bono - he's already hit the papers/magazines, what's one step further?

I don`t think Bono or his management will do anything - why draw even more attention to him and get him more fame and publicity?

He's going to get his someday. Someone's going to set him up to bring him down. You can't go around impersonating someone like Bono for very long.. before someone slams you with questions you can't answer. Too bad this reporter didn't really know Bono any better, otherwise that would have been a perfect time to really embarrass him.
I just wonder how many freebies he's received just by invoking
Bono's name.
He's scum.. pure and simple... :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom