Another Fake Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CMM said:

PS. What happened to that shirt order?

lol girl you gotta turn your PM on

or shoot me one, i mysteriously do not have your email address in my book anymore????

i did do a huge cleanup of my email tho, maybe i fucked something up...anyways get at me!

bonocomet said:

Ok "mystery" solved proof. Just as U2Girl1978 said, this IS the real Bono. Found another pic and everything seems to match up just fine, right down to the one button on the jacket buttoned.

bwbonosingsmic.jpg

whew! Ok I can now go back to enjoying that pic as it should be properly enjoyed.

:happy:

ok, I quote this pic to add to CMM's defense.
If you're not already convinced ( I must admit I had my doubts about that other Bono pic) but here you can actually see a bit of Larry on the right.

greety said:

ok, I quote this pic to add to CMM's defense.
If you're not already convinced ( I must admit I had my doubts about that other Bono pic) but here you can actually see a bit of Larry on the right.

Y'know, the person that's visible taking a picture in that pic is probably the one that took the formerly quesionable pic.

FEELINNUMB said:

bonocomet, I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin your night, but that first pic is NOT BONO!!:wink: The hair is different, the HEAD is different, and I don't think the clothes match up exactly, but even if they did, it doesn't mean much. You can buy the clothes! It isn't him!

And I have to say this, I got a look at the pic of Nutjob's band; OK, I know one of them is supposed to be Larry, so I guess the other three are Moe, Curly and Shemp????? If this is a tribute band, can you imagine what a U2 insult band looks like? How the boys must cringe when they see things like this!

If they are such wonderful guys, they had better get their so-called singer some help, and fast, before he gets himself, and possibly Bono, into some real trouble.

I'm sorry to ruin your night and I really don't want to get into with you but both pics are of Bono. See all the people in the background. It's a concert. It's Bono. Have you not been to a concert before? :huh:

bonocomet said:

Why do people think this is not the real Bono???? Clearly, there's an audience. I've seen this pic in a book. You can see a bit of Larry in the background.

I'm sorry but if this was an impersonator then everyone paid a shitload of money to see someone not Bono.

:|

Yes I know it is him now... It's just an odd shot somehow but now that I've come to my senses it's obvious. Thanks for helping point it out. :) And it's a very nice pic too.

Yep, early on in the tour if I'm not mistaken. I've got a pic somewhere of him wearing those same red bulgaris and that very jacket at their show in Calgary. It was that jacket and red glasses that I based my first 'elevation look' on. I think its one of his better choices as its just rock n roll, no trim or frills.

Not saying that one is Calgary tho. But what show is that btw?

I think he may have worn that July 31, 2001, Arnhem The Netherlands....

(that would be just one time out of many I'm sure...)

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
Thats a vertigo tour shot?? Could be wrong but I would swear thats Elevation. At least the black and white one that I think CMM posted up as a reference point is, thats for certain?

Yeah, the picture(s) in question are definitely Elevation.
Larry hasn't worn that blue shirt since then.
Bono hasn't worn Bvlgaris AT ALL onstage this tour, and that jacket is definitely early-Elevation before he had those (highly coveted by me) incredible criss-cross stitched jackets (With the gold, red, etc. stitching).

That could very well be the opening show of Elevation in Miami, Florida...he wore the purple shades and plain black leather jacket....that's the show he fell off the stage too!

gabrielvox said:
Yep, early on in the tour if I'm not mistaken. I've got a pic somewhere of him wearing those same red bulgaris and that very jacket at their show in Calgary. It was that jacket and red glasses that I based my first 'elevation look' on. I think its one of his better choices as its just rock n roll, no trim or frills.

Not saying that one is Calgary tho. But what show is that btw?

here is a Calgary shot. Looks like the other pic is Bono to me. :)

calgary.jpg

I 20th that motion, or whatever. That bright picture is Bono. I don't say that because I'm convinced based on the chronology and comparisons with other photos, but because I remember when that picture first appeared online and I know it's Bono.

Also, going back to J's comment re another Bono impersonator who shall not be named, I remember this one time Phil and I were driving to Chicago for some shows. We were listening to a local station and some guy cut in to say that U2 had been spotted in some parking lot in Chicago and that they were immediately sending a crew down to check it out. After a commercial break, the guy came back on, all pissed off, and said "it wasn't U2, it wasn't actually Bono, just that damn annoying fake Bono guy from the tribute band around here pretending to be Bono again."

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Also, going back to J's comment re another Bono impersonator who shall not be named, I remember this one time Phil and I were driving to Chicago for some shows. We were listening to a local station and some guy cut in to say that U2 had been spotted in some parking lot in Chicago and that they were immediately sending a crew down to check it out. After a commercial break, the guy came back on, all pissed off, and said "it wasn't U2, it wasn't actually Bono, just that damn annoying fake Bono guy from the tribute band around here pretending to be Bono again."

You see, this is what I don't get. The majority of tribute band members wouldn't be caught dead dressed up like a member of U2 off stage. It's something they do because they love U2 and love being in a band but they leave it behind (no pun intended, lol) once the gig is over. It's a hobby, not their reason for living. I know of one "Bono" who doesn't even like dressing up as Bono on stage!

The sane guys with normal sized egos wouldn't be caught dead walking into a crowd of U2 fans dressed as Bono. And even if you make a living on the side as a Bono impersonator (outside of a tribute band), you have serious problems if you need to walk through a crowd with shades and a leather jacket, throwing peace signs and signing someone else's name in an autograph. Get a life!

Bono's American Wife said:

The sane guys with normal sized egos wouldn't be caught dead walking into a crowd of U2 fans dressed as Bono. And even if you make a living on the side as a Bono impersonator (outside of a tribute band), you have serious problems if you need to walk through a crowd with shades and a leather jacket, throwing peace signs and signing someone else's name in an autograph. Get a life!

And thank God those sane guys are the majority! I have had the chance to talk to a few lads who are part of tribute bands and they are pretty down to earth and grounded and that makes them very likeable. Unlike others.

You see, this is what I don't get. The majority of tribute band members wouldn't be caught dead dressed up like a member of U2 off stage. It's something they do because they love U2 and love being in a band but they leave it behind (no pun intended, lol) once the gig is over. It's a hobby, not their reason for living. I know of one "Bono" who doesn't even like dressing up as Bono on stage!

:up:

:applaud: best post of the thread!

^ Nothing wrong with that. His shades and hats are the coolest. There's one hat that he wears that I want sooooo much. If I ever find it I'd definitely wear it to a show. Of course I'm a girl and look nothing like him so no chance of anyone mistaking me for him..... but I knew what ya meant. :) I say wear the shades and hat because you like them, even if you do look a little like him at 1st glance, as long as that's all you do.

lol Gabe!

The hat and shades are fine, a lot of guys simply like the look and aren't trying to fool people with it, but you know what (and who) I'm talking about.

Wearing the clothes and slipping into the Bono persona at a U2 show with the hopes of tricking people is just plain wrong and more than a little egotistical. Signing autographs as Bono is beyond shitty.

Like Flavia said, thank God most of you guys are sane and have your egos in check...it's really a shame that a few bad apples out there have to cause controversy.

you mean I cant come with bodyguards?!?! :sad:

:mac:

:angel:

hehe

EDIT: can I ask what will no doubt be a really dumbass question?

if
P stands for Paul
L is for Larry
E is for Edge
B ???
A is for Adam

what does the hell does the B stand for??

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
hmm...walking into a U2 crowd...you mean like a U2 concert? hehe

what if you just dig the army hats and shades? nothing else is even remotely the same, i swear! :yikes:

:wink:

:wink: Gabe, you're off the hook, we (or at least I) know you're a genuine fan with no intent to actually impersonate Bono or trick people as a means of stroking your ego. Although, that part in Detroit about fathering the kids....hehe! :lol:

As for the shades and the hat, I routinely wear the ONE/Africa t-shirt and the white band, so we're even. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom