annie leibovitz photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2bmama

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
running down the road like loose electricity
Did anyone see the Annie Leibovitz biography on PBS last night? It was really good. Does anyone have any of her photos of our boys? I can think of one I used to have, of B and Geldof around the time of Live8, but I'm sure there are more.
Thanks!

bonocovervanityfair2006as8.jpg

I'm not sure which live8 ones you mean? I have some of Bono and Bob, but I don't know if they're made by annie... aer these the ones you mean?
bonoboblive8rt5.jpg

:hmm: I'm not sure... and at the moment I can't seem to find the bob geldof one or this set.... ack!

I know I've read something about her and RS and U2 indeed.... but I can't remember what!

Not a fan of the green couch pic (not quoting it cos it's too fucking big). Bono looks 108 years old, and thank Christ he cut the hair, it seriously wasn't doing him any favours. :no:

Bob looks quite uncrumpled for once!

Galeongirl said:

:bow: thanks comet!

Well actually Gg.... :hmm: I was going to ask you a favor...

If I scan the two pages and send them to you same size can you photoshop them back into one pic again? I'd like to see it that way.

bonocomet said:

Well actually Gg.... :hmm: I was going to ask you a favor...

If I scan the two pages and send them to you same size can you photoshop them back into one pic again? I'd like to see it that way.

sure :)

I wonder if she shot them for Rolling Stone, back in the day -- anybody know?

I've actually met Annie and she is even nicer than she looked in that docu, which is fabulous btw and which I would recommend to anyone interested in photography and popular culture.

We talked a lot about her influences in photography -- hers are Cartier-Bresson, Margaret Bourke-White, Dick Avedon, all the greats of the mid-century. She has a great handshake, looks you right in the eye, and is very interested in what you have to say. Even though her photos are quite stylized, she herself is as easy going as anyone can be.

this is my absolute favourite pic of Bono, bar none. (on the couch, by Annie L.) He is the definition of a fine wine.

Awesome pic!!!! I hadn't seen the full shot either. Annie just has an amazing eye for setting up shots and capturing emotion!

Bob met with our group at Heathrow on our way to Edinburgh for the Final Push:) in July 06 (Live8).

Back
Top Bottom