&^%$#@!!! WebSHITS!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, add me to the list. Webshits deleted about TWENTY of my albums on my 'discoteque' site - ALL of my Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam albums - gone, POOF.

I just made all of these albums PRIVATE!!! So WHAT THE F--- are their parameters for pictures? If I borrowed a picture, I posted it; otherwise, what could I do??

Does anyone have the weblink where we can send them email? I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind.

But if I find out who was narc-ing on those of us who have/had Webshots pictures, I'm gonna kick yer ass!! (and I'll get Sicy to help me)

GRRRR....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Well, add me to the list. Webshits deleted about TWENTY of my albums on my 'discoteque' site - ALL of my Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam albums - gone, POOF.

I just made all of these albums PRIVATE!!! So WHAT THE F--- are their parameters for pictures? If I borrowed a picture, I posted it; otherwise, what could I do??

Does anyone have the weblink where we can send them email? I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind.

But if I find out who was narc-ing on those of us who have/had Webshots pictures, I'm gonna kick yer ass!! (and I'll get Sicy to help me)

GRRRR....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Disco

Disco, i am so sorry!
frown.gif
the same thing happened to me! i can understand your anger and frustration with that f*cki%g site!

i don't get their system either, for example i d/l a screensaver of the joshua tree from someone's album....i know the pics were taken by anton corbijn, and i don't think that webshots album belongs to him! so WTF are the doing picking on us?!??! their whole systems works on ppl contributing to their 'communities' in the same manner we were and most of those pics on webshots are 'borrowed' from somewhere and imported to webshots!
that is what gets me pissed of, those wankers!!!!
mad.gif

------------------

"They'll think we've lightened up. Which is totally untrue...we're miserable bastards." - Bono

*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

That completely sucks Disco !!!!

I know how much TIME must have to go into putting together a collection of pitures like the ones you and U2k have(or had)...
I just put my South Bend pics up there and it tried my patience....I can't believe they can just delete those albums....I would be furious....hell I am furious for you girls, besides you have the best albums all those gorgeous pics our our boys.....let me be the first to say...I hope you get them !!!
wink.gif

I'm really sorry don't mean to make lite of it ....that seriously took alot of work!!

THAT SUCKS!!! I'm very sorry Disco.
frown.gif

What are we going to do, soon no one will have any pics
frown.gif
I tried imageevent today it was full o' crap, read the "alternatives to webshots" thread.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!???????

FUCK!!! YOuve GOT TO BE KDIDNIDNG!!@#@#@

* breathe.

I will kick serious ass if necessary, dont you worry about that.

I'm paranoid now. I dont know what to do. I have to start a new account and fucking upload all those pics before they get me too. SHIT!!!

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

I'm with all of you! This whole Webshits thing is so stupid. They deleted 5 of my albums a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe it. One of the albums that got deleted was titled "Oct 13, 2001 - Hamilton" and was filled with pics that my friend and I took of the concert. Now if I don't have rights to those pics, I don't know who does! Up until then, I kept my account updated with all the new pics I got. And now, I don't even bother. Webshots was the best way to put your pics up on the net (the other sites seem to have limitations) and now they go and pull this on all of us. This is so lame.... I just don't know who would be behind this. But if I ever find out......

I anyone finds out how to contact Webshots, please post it. I am totally up for writing some serious letters on behalf of the PLEBA girls.

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

mad.gif
mad.gif
icon28.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

@#F*&^%@$!!!!!! I am SO hopping mad!
mad.gif

I am SO f-ing sorry Disco. You know I feel your pain, anger, frustration and devastation because I lost everything. They are such assholes, it's horrendous and disgraceful. We are not hurting anyone or ripping anyone off. We just want a place to store our pics so we can post them! The same pics floating around for years, everyone has them, big deal! I can't stand it! What is up their butts? I sure hope they do get their butts kicked, and also the person(s) who are ratting us out. If it's true it's a SHITTY thing to do and I hope they rot in hell, after having their ass kicked.

Guess there is no need to start again and lose them again. I had just made all mine private, and I didn't lose anything for days, then I got wiped out. I would recommend everyone make theirs private and don't post your addy but that doesn't even help now. Do you think if we all got together and emailed them and explained we are a club of girls who only want to collect and post U2 pics only for the viewing pleasure of ourselves and each other? We could try support@webshots.com for all the good it will do.

Once again Disco my deepest sympathy girl.
frown.gif

I'm sorry to everyone else who has lost pics too. Everyone beware, it looks like all out terrorism against PLEBA girls.

Knowing my hot Irish temper, if that had happened to me i woulda killed someone by now.
biggrin.gif

Nevermind email addys. Get their home addys... MUA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Maybe you guys have already seen this, but I only check this particular email account infrequently, and I found THIS...perhaps we will have better lunch with the new "owners":
---
To: "Subscribers"
From: "Webshots Membership Services" Subject: Important message concerning transfer of your Webshots membership

Dear Webshots Member,

As you may be aware, At Home Corporation ("ExciteAtHome"), the owner of Webshots (I didn't even know that!!), has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and is
in the process of selling some of its assets, including the Webshots business. The buyer of the Webshots business would like to continue providing the Webshots service to you and to other Webshots members.
To do so, your consent is needed for the transfer to the buyer of Webshots of your membership account and your Personal Identifiable Information, as described in the Webshots Privacy Policy. The buyer
of the Webshots business will be required to abide by the terms of
the current Webshots privacy policy: http://www.webshots.com/go?terms

NOTE: At Home has entered into an asset purchase agreement with Twofold Photos LLC, which is a company owned by the three original founders of Webshots. Under the bankruptcy procedures it is possible that
Twofold may be outbid by another party, and that the other party may ultimately be the purchaser of the Webshots assets.

If you wish to continue your Webshots membership after the sale of the Webshots business, you do not need to take any action. After the sale of Webshots your membership will continue and your member
information will be transferred Automatically to the buyer of Webshots. However, you may elect NOT to continue your Webshots membership and NOT to have your member information transferred to the new buyer of the Webshots business.

To elect NOT to have your Webshots Membership and member information transferred with the sale of Webshots to the buyer of the Webshots business, please click on the following link and follow the
instructions:
http://www.webshots.com/deleteme?key=31937270-VUmNgrxkSr

If you do not reply by 5:00 p.m. Pacific time on December 20, 2001,[OOPS]
your membership and member information will be included in the assets transferred under the proposed sale. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU
CLICK ON THIS LINK AND CHOOSE NOT TO TRANSFER YOUR MEMBER INFORMATION WITH THE SALE OF WEBSHOTS, YOUR WEBSHOTS MEMBERSHIP WILL BE CANCELLED. ALSO, ANY PHOTOS YOU HAVE UPLOADED TO THE "MY PHOTOS" SECTION OF WEBSHOTS WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU LATER WISH TO USE THE WEBSHOTS WEBSITE, YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN.

We hope you will continue to enjoy Webshots and remain a part of the Webshots community!
---

ENJOY Webshots???? That's asking a lot....

WTF?? I never saw that one. Yeah we sure don't enjoy them- ha that'll be the day!

Hey Disco did you see what's going on in the alternatives to webshots thread? Icelady posted a site and Sicy tried it and IT WORKS!! We may all be saved!!

Ok check it out what I have so far..

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Sicy

biggrin.gif

It really seems to be working good and it has more options than webshits.

Also, arent you gudagirl Disco? Isnt that your album or do you have two? Cuz the gudagirl one is the only one I thought you had
------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 01-07-2002).]

I really do not understand wtf is going on with the website. i currently have three albums that are listed as private, and they have yet to touch those( now that i have said that, someone will probably delete them next). As I have stated before they deleted two of my other "private" albums because they said i had copyrighted photos in my albums.
Disco, I am really sorry to see your account got hit as well. Webshots sucks and I think we all should send them a piece of our mind!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-07-2002).]

I'm having problems with Webshots, too... I can't get the pages to load up. I may have overloaded my account. Who knows.

I tried that dotphoto thingie... seems to be working pretty good - you can download six pictures at a time (one side of pic files, and the other six slots for MP3 and such) - only thing is, to view pictures from that site you have to be a member. I think. I dunno. Too tired right now to figure it out.
biggrin.gif
Still, Disco, can you try the dotphoto account? it seems to be a cool site.

moonie
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom