An embarrassing moment (sort of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
I had a meeting in my office today... One of the attendees says "So, I take it you're a U2 fan?" and I said, "Oh, what made you think that?" moving to hide the LA Times article a friend brought me. He said, "Oh, the keychain, newspaper articles, wallpaper, you know, those things."

redface.gif

Here's my wallpaper:
intotheheart.jpg

*sigh* it's my own fault...

--
Love will make you mine
Creep up from behind
Get you jumping out of your skin

hehehehe .. Well, all through this semester in my major classes I was known as the "U2 Fan"
redface.gif
LOL

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

That's my wallpaper too!!!!!!!

My brother looked at it the other day and asked me what Bono was doing with his fingers...????? I kinda just blinked at him....

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

That pic is great! It inspired me to try that little heart thing with my hands just now (I am doing anything to procrastinate studying). My next picture pose!
wink.gif

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!

I had to take my car in the other day and when I picked it up the mechanic said "you like u2, eh??". I didn't really realize until he said something but I have pins all over my sun visors, a luggage tag hanging from my rear view mirror, never mind about 15-20 u2 cd's, singles, and compilations in the pocket next to my drivers seat!! If he went in my glove compartment he would have found my "fly" shades!!!

------------------
When you stop taking chances,
You stay where you sit,
You won't live any longer,
But it'll feel like it,
-Summer Rain, Bono

Don't feel bad. Yesterday, my parents and I were in Home Depot, someone must have asked my father if he found what he was looking for, well, that was my cue. In the middle of the aisle, I BUSTED it out, arms flailing, singing, you guessed it, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" When I realized I wasn't in my room, I looked around, gave people a sheepish grin and walked away. Mind you, I was wearing my U2 shirt.

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I had to take my car in the other day and when I picked it up the mechanic said "you like u2, eh??". I didn't really realize until he said something but I have pins all over my sun visors, a luggage tag hanging from my rear view mirror, never mind about 15-20 u2 cd's, singles, and compilations in the pocket next to my drivers seat!! If he went in my glove compartment he would have found my "fly" shades!!!

Hee Hee! LMAO. The other day, my younger sister and I were making Christmas cookies and I needed the big wooden mixing spoon and I said

JessicaAnn: "Where's my spoon?" *This sent me into fits of laughter thinking about Adam. Then, to quote Sparky from the Simpson's episode, I said I'd go crazy without my spoons.
This elicited a very strange look from my sister
Sister: What the hell are you talking about?
JessicaAnn: Never mind *more giggles*
Sister: Wait, let me guess ... it's something about U2.
JessicaAnn: It's always about U2.
Sister: sarcastically Sorry I forgot.
JessicaAnn: Well, it's always about David Gray with you.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 12-19-2001).]

One gets lots of funny looks rummaging through the hat section in one's local Ragstock, muttering "Edge hat, Edge hat, Edge hat....."

:: blush ::

And that same trip I found a t-shirt with a big sunflower on it and it said 'u2 one' and it was really a tough decision whether to get it or not. (I mean, $20 for a secondhand t!) So I drooled and wibbled and carried it around the store. And got it, of course.

izzy (must hit Goodwill sometime. really need an Edge hat.)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.

this is why I love you guys....we're all a little U2-wacky!!! Before I got laid off, I had U2 pictures all over my little bulletin board, tons of PC wallpaper (embarrassing moment: my boss is in my cube and that gorgeous close up pic of Larry and his man cleavage came on...he literally stopped what he was staying and said "Who's THAT?").

The other day, I happened to talk to my [former] boss' boss, and he said, "I thought about you the other day...my car was broken into, and they stole all of my CDs except for two U2 CDs!" I was like WHAT?? Those FIENDS! They have absolutely NO TASTE at all!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I was like WHAT?? Those FIENDS! They have absolutely NO TASTE at all!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Those losers!
rolleyes.gif
LMAO at your former boss, Disco.
My boyfriend hates when I put as wallpaper huge pics of my BBabe. He says: "Again? Look closely! Look! He's just an oldman! Damn it!" My reaction:
rolleyes.gif
at him.
Him: *super fumes*
Me: What? You're not that young for me ya know? (he's 11 years older than me)
eek.gif

Him: Shuts up and walks away
biggrin.gif

That will teach him!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 12-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Ana:

Those losers!
rolleyes.gif
LMAO at your former boss, Disco.
My boyfriend hates when I put as wallpaper huge pics of my BBabe. He says: "Again? Look closely! Look! He's just an oldman! Damn it!" My reaction:
rolleyes.gif
at him.
Him: *super fumes*
Me: What? You're not that young for me ya know? (he's 11 years older than me)
eek.gif

Him: Shuts up and walks away
biggrin.gif

That will teach him!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 12-19-2001).]

Yo go girl ... put him in his place!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

LMAO My family mocks me. At work my dad saw a box that had the word edge on it with a sword though it and cut it out and gave it to me.
rolleyes.gif
My brother for the longest time wouldn't let me change the computer's wallpaper to something U2-related but has just designed a black and white background with 'U2' featured very prominently. It's pretty funny.

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Back
Top Bottom