Am I the only person who's never met the band?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I am so happy for everyone who gets to meet the band and get their pic taken with them, but I admit I am going insane with jealousy and sick with desperation! I have been a fan since 1983 and have never scored! Now the tour is almost over and my chances are slipping away again. Some of you make it look so easy, but whenever I go it's like attacking a fortress to get anywhere near them! I've heard all the happy stories and they're cool, but could some of you lucky ones tell us how you did it? If you haven't had any luck please post here so I will know I'm not alone!

U2Kitten - don't fret.
I have been a fan as long as you have, and I have never met the band either. Closest I've ever come was when Bono walked up to the GA line in Lexington, but he didn't do autographs or pictures - just waved. So I got within a few feet, but that's it.

So, you're not alone. And I'm equally jealous of those other people too.
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Well I think it's pure luck...here's how it happened to us...I went to the back of the arena to this hill where about 10 people were waiting and I asked, "what are ya'll doin here?" and the girl said "well 9 years ago they came up these stairs and signed autographs and took pictures". Now at first I thought, nah it ain't gonna happen...but I said well even if they don't come up the stairs I can see them arrive and get off the car etc...but surely enough they get off and climb the stairs to where we are...so if I were you i'd look for obscure places where a few fans are waiting, and ask them, if not then ask *LOCAL* security, cos U2 security won't say a thing
smile.gif

Good luck girlie..I really do hope you meet them..oh and make sure you ask at what time they will be arriving, they got there last time at 4pm and 5pm (Edge was the first one there and the other 3 didn't get to the arena till 5pm)

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

I've never met the band either, but there's always the next tour...hopefully...

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was, if ever-oh-wehver a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because, BECAUSE, because, because, BECAUSE...Because of the wonderful things he does!

I'm sorry about that U2kitten.
frown.gif
I have never met them too, and it now seems that I have no more chances. I'm praying that Bono will in fact come back to the movie festival that he went to before the Montreal show. That seems my only posssible chance.

To the 5 shows that I have been to, I have tried 4 times to meet them. Never had any luck. No 5 times because I went to the hotel I *thought* they were staying. And I never met them. They never come out in Montreal, or when they do it was very brief and I wasn't there. In Albany I left 5 mins before Adam came out to sign autographs. I could have met Sparky himself. sigh

Anyway I shouldn't complain. I've had the most amazing time at the concerts.
smile.gif

Oh U2Kitten baby, u make me wanna hug u so tight for feelin down!!!!!!!!!!!
frown.gif

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))))))))))))))))

baby, I have seen two members of U2 up close and personal, but never met them.....

One was the time I passed Edge In Dalkey, we eyeballed each other very briefly and I was one arm's length away from him, I felt a prat and ran off ahead, pretending to fly with my big black coat!!!!

Another when Big Bono was at the Europa in Belfast, was soooooooooo close to shaking his hand, pulling him into the crowd, stripping him down, having wild blur, re-clothing him and setting him back, but for feckin a line of pple in front (oh hey I still owe u all that story, must put it up soon!)......
biggrin.gif
So ya see, so close yet so far..........
frown.gif

and thats all the luck I will ever have........

*sigh*

I'm with ya U2Kitten!!!!! I've never met any of the band either. I'm so happy for everyone that has, but it is a bit frustrating! Being an Edge girl, I was especially depressed by Sad Eyed Ladies pic of the Edge... To be that close to him, I would have passed out!!!!!!

I tried before the Philly show, but I waited until 5:15 and no luck. Security told us that they weren't going to arrive until 6:45-7... And the GA line just doesn't permit waiting until then..

I really hope I can get to meet the Edge before I die!!! I guess there is always the next tour....

[This message has been edited by Shygirl (edited 11-07-2001).]

no, you are not the only who has not met the band. I love reading the stories of the people who have been lucky to meet them and get their pictures taken with them, however it does seem like a lot of fans have met them, so it must not be too difficult to meet them. I do not know though. I am hoping to meet them when they back to Atlanta at the end of the month. So girls I will need your advice on how to meet them.

I've never met them either.
frown.gif
I guess I can just hope for next time. Blah.

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Their's is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

the best advice is to wait around before and after the show. that's when i've been lucky- i met larry that way.
smile.gif

I haven't met them either! I really want to, and I think LA 3 will be my only chance...which is scary and almost hopless. Anyway, good luck gals! I want all of the PLEBA girls to meet em!

Thanks everyone, you're so nice. I wish we could all be lucky like Mullen girl(thanks for telling us what happened) and Sad Eyed lady. I feel so frustrated, because I always miss out. If I stay and wait, they never come out. If I give up and think they won't show because of so many disappointments, they come out. Like in Baltimore, people went down to wait but I didn't think there was a chance, I walked down there and didn't see anyone so I came back. Then all these people who were in line near me start running back, all excited and telling their stories and I was so sick, it happened again! I know I have used up my chances, and I know there will be other tours but this one was so special I really wanted it to be now. I know we should be glad for what we had, and some fantastic concerts, but I just feel so unfulfilled and empty after all that money and time and traveling. *Sniff* I wish we could all meet the band, it means so much to us and if the guys only knew they'd come hug us all for sure.

I know how you feel. For many years I've seen people meeting them... girls getting onstage with Bono. I was green with envy... I never thought I could be one of them... I never thought I would even touch him... even less lay over him!

So I think that all good dedicated fans get what they deserve, it's just a matter of time, don't give up!

I feel your pain.

Fan since 1987. Never even came close to U2 let alone meeting them.

I try not to let my jealousy take over but it is inevitable. Every time I read a story about someone from here meeting the band I get sad/angry/depressed.

*sigh

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 11-07-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Fan since 1987. Never even came close to U2 let alone meeting them.

Didn't I see a picture of you with Bono? Oh wait... he was made of wax... never mind...
wink.gif

Hey, I met plastic Bono in Dublin - does that count?
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I haven't really met the band either. But, I did bump into Bono once. It was the day of the Vancouver show in the spring and I was walking down the street (around 9:00am) with my mother. I was looking down and bumped right into this guy. I looked up and and saw BONO. He was holding Eli and had sunglasses on. He said, " I'm very sorry, dear" and I said, "That's alright. It was my fault." Then we both started walking again. I kept looking back until he was gone. It was sooooo amazing. I didn't have a camera or anything and even if I did I wouldn't have taken any pictures because he seemed to be in a rush and was with Eli. Ok, I probably would of taken one of his back when he was walking away, but that's it.
I haven't really met the band, but this was good enough for me.

LMFAO @ CRrzy and the plastic Bono!

Listen girls, trust me on this one: If i can do it, anyone can. Its true that it is a matter of luck, but also persistance and know how.
Yes, look for small crowds gathering, and listen for the sound of screaming. I got lucky t the service entrance of the arena. That is, wherever it is they drive into the arena from.
With Larry, it was total fate. We were driving away when we saw a crowd and decided to stop and see what was going on. It was after 1 am, and we just got damn lucky there. The music gods smiled on us. As did a certain living drumming god!
wink.gif

Bottom line is, dont give up. Keep trying, and it will happen. These kind of things never happen to me, i am always the outsider, always the unlucky,sad,poor thing. And yet it happened to me!
If worse comes to worse and you dont meet them this tour, i guess save up your money, take a trip to Ireland and try to catch 'em there,lol!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I've never met them or seen them in person or seem them in concert. But they look good on TV!

Me too. Which is not to say I'm not happy for everyone else, of COURSE I am. But I still get SO JEALOUS!!! It's really my WORST character fault. I feel especially guilty about it because of what happened to me. I am so spoiled. I have NO RIGHT to be so selfish. You at least have a legitimate reason to be depressed.

But that did happen almost 10 years ago, and it's time for another dose! And could just kill myself that I had an opportuntiy to at least attempt to meet Edge when he was here and missed it!

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I try not to let my jealousy take over but it is inevitable. Every time I read a story about someone from here meeting the band I get sad/angry/depressed.

*sigh

Me too. I feel especially depressed and miserable right now because I know I missed my chance and I won't get another one. Remember my tale I told about my sign in DC, how Bono smiled at it and I was so happy, and when I put it down he motioned for me to put it up and I did, but then he kept on making 'up' motions with is hands and mouthing something and smiling. There I stood frozen like a deer in headlights, like Cindy Brady and the little red light on TV, and I was just smiling like an idiot and staring at his gorgeous messiah-like figure in the light. This moment lasted for what seemed like a long time, and then finally he turned away. I had cherished that moment as my special connection with Bono and it made me so happy, then I went to the Baltimore show. I saw the guy who had the sign about playing guitar on Knocking On Heaven's Door and what happened. He made EXACTLY the same hand motions to the guy and he handed his sign to Bono, then Bono held it up and announced 'it pays to advertise!' and pulled the guy up!! Then I was just tortured! I am such a fool, HE WANTED ME TO HAND HIM THE SIGN! Then he might even have pulled me up! I didn't get the message, I thought if he was going to pull someone he would just reach out and grab them, but everyone I have talked to in GA lines said what happened to people with signs who get pulled and that they say that was what he meant. To tell you the truth I would actually feel better if someone told me that WASN'T what it was, it would not be so hard to live with. I tell you, that was a special day and a perfect time and it was supposed to be mine and I blew it. I will never get that chance again. I am suffering with misery. Waves of regret have stolen my joy. The next night in DC, Bono squatted down and stared right at me, and he grabbed my son's hand when he stage dived during UTEOTW and I got to touch his hand and his leg, and I know I should be happy for what I had, but this will haunt me for the rest of my life. That experience would have made my entire miserable life worthwhile.

Nope I'm another deprived soul. Even more cause I missed them 5 times. Yes 5 frieking times, I managed to miss them. Anyway I won't get into the details it's too boring and depressing. So I'm going to the LA shows and Vegas and I whole heartily plan on stalking them until I get to say thank you. And that's really all I want, anything extra would be amazing.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

stop your whining. all of you. not only have i never meet them, i've never even seen them in concert. and i won't get to until they tour for the new album that they haven't even started yet!!!
mad.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
stop your whining. all of you. not only have i never meet them, i've never even seen them in concert. and i won't get to until they tour for the new album that they haven't even started yet!!!
mad.gif

same here!!!!! Rackem frackem!!! *hopes for a priiiivate show* (no one else has to know)

------------------
~*Mona*~
a little girl With Spanish eyes

Love me, Give me Soul

"Mmm...unexplained bacon" ~Homer Simpson~

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Originally posted by madonna's child:
mad.gif

same here!!!!! Rackem frackem!!! *hopes for a priiiivate show* (no one else has to know)

DITTO!!!

frown.gif
phooey.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Hey All,

To all who have not meet the band...Have hope!! I was really lucky to meet Larry and Adam at the Anaheim 2 show. This wasn't even on my mind since I went GA by myself. But I meet some great people in line and one girl who had meet them in San Jose. She took me along with her and we meet them!!!

I couldn't believe my luck. Here I am in front of Adam saying something like " thanks for the music" and he mumbles something like "your welcome" and then Larry actually is signing autographs and he's right in front of me and I say nothing!!! But I remember to take a picture (which of course I cut off the top of his head) But he was happy and smiling!!!
Believe me, if I could get this lucky enough, then all of you who deserve to meet them and say thanks will! Don't loose hope!!!

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
I haven't really met the band either. But, I did bump into Bono once. It was the day of the Vancouver show in the spring and I was walking down the street (around 9:00am) with my mother. I was looking down and bumped right into this guy. I looked up and and saw BONO. He was holding Eli and had sunglasses on. He said, " I'm very sorry, dear" and I said, "That's alright. It was my fault." Then we both started walking again. I kept looking back until he was gone. It was sooooo amazing. I didn't have a camera or anything and even if I did I wouldn't have taken any pictures because he seemed to be in a rush and was with Eli. Ok, I probably would of taken one of his back when he was walking away, but that's it.
I haven't really met the band, but this was good enough for me.

No way! That is so funny. If that were to happen to me I would probably be making more of a fuss over Eli than him (I love kids).

I have never met them, however I am hoping to someday. I am trying to plan a trip to Ireland next year ... maybe I will have some luck then.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
No way! That is so funny. If that were to happen to me I would probably be making more of a fuss over Eli than him (I love kids).

I have never met them, however I am hoping to someday. I am trying to plan a trip to Ireland next year ... maybe I will have some luck then.

Eli was so cute!!! He had his golden curls and was Bono was holding him like a little angel.... it was surreal...

I'm also saving up to take a trip to Ireland in the near future (hopefully it happens). I can't wait. Hope you have fun, and run into the boys...

Back
Top Bottom