Am I insane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Whatever you've got 'wrong' with you we'd all love to catch it! Don't worry, be happy!
smile.gif
It was a wonderful thing that happened to you. It should only bring the best to you.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I watched your video (actually I fainted and fell out of my chair and just woke up)and all I can say is, I would NEVER be the same after that! I went to 3 Elevation shows and got so into the experience that when I had to come home and back to my normal life, I really suffered from a major let-down and was kinda unsatisfied with my life for a few weeks (or months) afterward. I'm just starting to get back to normal after Vegas. I did find that going out and doing things really kept my mind off of it but sometimes I still have to tell myself that i don't live a rock star life and never will so just appreciate what I have. They affected me that much and I didn't even roll around with anyone! You are one lucky girl, that's all I can say!

Wow ... I never get tired of that video. You're so lucky.

*Starts thinking about devising a plan to get Bono to roll around with me*

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Melpop,

You are most definitely NOT insane! I mean you were onstage rolling around with the MAN HIMSELF! I went to one show and I'm obsessed...can't stop thinking about U2...you have more of a reason to be obsessed...it's a major life event!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by Melpop:
Thanks I'm starting to feel better already... I feel less like of a lunatic
smile.gif

of course, you are getting all this advice from the PLEBA lunatics. you should take that into consideration.
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Melissa:

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Even though I didn't got onstage with Bono because some..ggrrrr.....slut... sneaked out and took my place ( Yes, he chose ME but that girl came from nowhere and spoiled my dream!), I am still completely shocked and I can't stop talking about it. It's been almost 4 YEARS since the "Bono Incident" and I still can't get over it and i'm not sure i'll be a "normal" person again! lol

So don't worry and enjoy your memories!!!!! Melissa, you are one of the luckiest girls in the Universe!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Flavia

Everyday people (out of PLEBA, I mean) would say "yes" if I'd ask them if I was insane.

After what Bono did to me (it surely wasn't bad), I really don't think I can become normal again... but it's been like 7 months now and it's just getting sad. So I'm really starting to think that my brain has been severly damaged.

The first couple of weeks I thought it was normal to feel hyper about it and all.... but 7 months later... I think it's getting to be more of a terrible mental disturbance.

You're the only people I know that love them as much as I do... the only people that would actually understand what I am going through and that won't judge me for having trouble getting -rolling with Bono- out of my mind!

So... should I consult someone... be on somekind of pills... or is this normal?

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

dude, if i did what you did with bono i would join the sisterhood. i would assume that no real sex i could ever have would have the intensity of rolling with bono. so, i'd become a nun.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

(j/k.) i don't think you need professional help. you should try to get a friend to set you up on a blind date or something. there is only one bono out there, but there are plenty of almost as wonderful guys. you need to slowly re-introduce yourself to the not as bonolicious rest of the male population.

"get thy self to a nunnery!" -Hamlet

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

Love,
Emily

*Hugs* Of course we understand.

Naturally rolling around with Bono would affect the mental stability of any living, breathing woman.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by #1bonobabe:
WAIT...I'm confused....what happened with you and Bono? I'm sure, whatever it is, I will be SOOOOO jealous of it!! =)

~#1bonobabe http://u2_inspire.tripod.com/

you don't want to know. it's enought to make the rest of us cry with jealously. luckily, melpop is a nice girl so we aren't mean to her.
smile.gif
but we have justifiable reasons!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

Love,
Emily

You don't know Bonobabe? In Montreal on may 28th this is what happened:

__hr_Falling.jpg

__hr_hugging.jpg

loving.jpg

This is from my video:

untitled-22.jpg

For even better comprehension... here's my video of the event (need windows media player to view it)
http://www.multimania.com/melpop/capture.wmv

I forgot to mention that my 2 best friends are also this a little nuts because of the event... It was Catherine first show (it was well worth her 128$ GA ticket) and my friend Julie who touched Bono shoe while getting squished.

------------------

well, since i haven't had even close to an experience like yours, i don't know what would be considered "normail". you had a special experience, and of course, it's going to be something that you'll remember for the rest of your life.
smile.gif

however, you have to make sure that your experience doesn't prevent you from doing all the "normal" things a girl your age should be doing- ie, are you too busy watching your tape/reliving your experience with bono to go out with friends or on dates with other guys? as long as you realize that what happened, although a wonderful experience, was not *reality* (ie, bono's not going to leave his wife and kids- i'm sure you don't think that anyway!), i think you'll be fine.

you seem like a smart girl, melpop, so i'm sure you'll eventually put it all into perspective.
smile.gif
i think you just need to find someone who makes your heart race like bono... only someone who you can be with in real life. good luck- and remember, half the fun is in the search!

yeah I do go out n' stuff... and I don't believe that Bono will ever leave his wife and children.

Guess I'm stuck in a moment I can't get out of... (for now anyway)

------------------

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
Even though I didn't got onstage with Bono because some..ggrrrr.....slut... sneaked out and took my place ( Yes, he chose ME but that girl came from nowhere and spoiled my dream!), I am still completely shocked and I can't stop talking about it.

That is exactly what happened to me in Toronto!! I know the feeling, it ruined the rest of the show and I looked at the girl with the most icy stare you can, when she got back into the heart.

Well, Melissa.... You?re not insane! Just so you know. I know how you are feeling even if I haven't been close to experience what you did. I got other things, total attention from him several times at different shows and a lot of other small things and that totally changed me and I think about it almost every day.
What really has been on my mind though since august is Slane. I still today get tears in my eyes, goosebumps and these uncontrolled feelings when I see a photo from Slane, listening to the boot or reading reviews. I don't know if I ever will get normal again after that. For most people I've talked to who was there it was an amazing experience but nothing more. For me... I don't know how to explain or put it in words....

So, considiring what you experienced I totally understand how you feel. And if I were you I would probably not even be able to be on my feet. As I said in another thread, I'm amazed you are still as sane as you are, I would be in a mental institution or something if it was me. LOL So don't you worry.....
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom