AM AM AM!!! And a little story...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Check yer email AM! PLEEEEAAASEEEEE?

um, and to make this thread worthwhile... my friend Meg is taking irish and she had to write a story and she translated it for me. I found it quite humorous.

the irish story, translated:
Long ago, there were four musicians. They were from Dublin, and U2 was their name. Bono was their leader. But they were not normal musicians. They were the best musicians, but they had superpowers too. They made magical music. They were traveling to every place and fighting evil.
One day, there was a nun walking by the sea. She lived on a small island. She was nice and she was happy, but there was something interesting about her. She was radioactive. Why? She worked at a radioactive factory long ago. It was sad, because the people were afraid. The nun hoped that she would be without radioactivity.
U2 were at home in their secret house, when the Edge saw the radioactive nun.
"That is strange," said the Edge, "Are we able to help her?"
"We must go there!" said Bono.
They went to the island, and found there the radioactive nun.
"Bono!" said the woman, "Can you take my radiation?"
"After leprosy, it will be easy," said Bono. "Come here!"
The woman went over there, and the musicians began to play. When they finished, the woman was not radioactive! And everyone was happy, because they were not afraid.
Suddenly, aliens from a spaceship came to the island. "We are from Mars!" said the aliens, "We would like to eat you!" And the people were afraid again.
"It is good," said Bono, "When we are playing music, those aliens will leave." But the aliens had no ears at all. They were not able to hear.
"I hope I am radioactive again," said the nun, "My radiation brings death to aliens."
But she was not radioactive now, and the aliens ate all the people. U2 lost, and evil was able to grow.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Originally posted by Kristie:
Check yer email AM! PLEEEEAAASEEEEE?

you?ve got mail
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

YAAAAAAYYYYYY

Love,
She Who Has Stayed Up All Night To Write This Paper And Is A Mere Half Page Short And Now Has Something To Fill In The Half Page
biggrin.gif

Adam says "Thank you AM!"
ad-pop30.jpg

and... uh.. another one just for the hell of it
JOHANNESBURG21.3.98C.JPG

*skips off to breakfast*
first actual meal in three days! I'm SO excited!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Adam says "Thank you AM!"
ad-pop30.jpg

no problem, Kristie. I do (almost) everything for my sisters
smile.gif

------------------

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

This may sound ignorant, but by Irish do you mean she's learning Gaelic? Do they still teach that?

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:
This may sound ignorant, but by Irish do you mean she's learning Gaelic? Do they still teach that?

every schoolkid in Ireland has to take Irish (=Gaelic) and you can?t enter univerity without a degree in Gaelic

------------------

yuh... but she's in New York, not Ireland
smile.gif

that story maketh me giggle lots, especially this part:
"Bono!" said the woman, "Can you take my radiation?"
"After leprosy, it will be easy," said Bono. "Come here!"

HEEHEHE

------------------
~ALOTWU!~

U2 lost, and evil was able to grow.

Oh no! *cries*

LMFAO Twin! Hope you are feeling better...take some time off soon or you're not going to be able to work anymore
frown.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I don't like the ending. *snif* Eh... I liked the U2 story anyway.
smile.gif
lol

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by AM:
every schoolkid in Ireland has to take Irish (=Gaelic) and you can?t enter univerity without a degree in Gaelic

Really? That's so intresting. Very, very cool. But do they speak it? Like on the streets?

And (not that I don't support Irish culture, cause certainly I do
biggrin.gif
) but isn't that the same idea as if all Italians had to learn Latin? Gaelic is an ancient language, right?

And (not that I don't support Irish culture, cause certainly I do
biggrin.gif
) but isn't that the same idea as if all Italians had to learn Latin? Gaelic is an ancient language, right?

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's still used a lot...aren't the roadsigns printed in both English and Gaelic?

In any case, I wish I had been taught a language...it's so hard to try and learn it now. I wish I had grown up with it.

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Back
Top Bottom