Alternatives to webshots???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Wow! My webshots account is still in good working order (miraculously, after everything that's happened), but it's great to know about this DotPhoto thing just in case. Thanks!
smile.gif

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Webshots account has been freezing up all the time. I can't get it to upload any pictures - maybe because I have too many on there, I don't know. but it really is slow. I like this dotphoto thing... totally rocks.

thank you!

Moonie
biggrin.gif

okay, i set up an account with dotphoto, now i am going to test to see if i can post a photo...

*crosses fingers*

iF1A07D28-DB10-415E-807F-9E2165F18A82.jpg

YAY!!!!! It worked. I like this dotphoto a lot. the pictures upload faster and it seems like there are better options. thanks for the recommendation!

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
okay, i set up an account with dotphoto, now i am going to test to see if i can post a photo...

*crosses fingers*

iF1A07D28-DB10-415E-807F-9E2165F18A82.jpg

YAY!!!!! It worked. I like this dotphoto a lot. the pictures upload faster and it seems like there are better options. thanks for the recommendation!

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-07-2002).]

I am so annoyed right now. this is MissVelvetDress_75 and for some unknown reason I cannot post under my username. HELP!!!!

Shit. I'll tell Elvis to fix it Ms Velvet dress! It happens sometimes.

I'm glad you all agree that dotphoto rules!! I really like it so far.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Okay....I now have upwards of 130 pics in my Bono album, and found that I was not limited to uploading only a few at a time - I uploaded *100* pics at once into that album.

So far, DotPhoto ROCKS!! Woo hoo!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Okay....I now have upwards of 130 pics in my Bono album, and found that I was not limited to uploading only a few at a time - I uploaded *100* pics at once into that album.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

How did you upload 100 pics at once??? For me, there are only 10 slots to put pics in to upload. Can you change that setting???

But I do love how there's no limit to the number of pics you put in an album!! It's great!!

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

Originally posted by Discoteque:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm wondering if maybe the reason Webshots is so freakin' slow is because I have upwards of 390 photos in there.
eek.gif
So, I tried dotphoto last night and it was totally cool... uploading more than one picture at a time is great.

And, I'm totally excited because I now have INTERNET in my classroom! Wooo freakin' hooo! Welcome to the 21st century! Yay! Unfortunately, no picture posting for me here... no pictures.
biggrin.gif

Again, *thanks* Sicy.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Moonie I had over 1000 pics and so did Disco,so that's not it. Did you read her post in the other thread? It seems webshots is going under and selling out, could be the end for everybody. I'll move to dot but oh all that work again, sigh!
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Moonie I had over 1000 pics and so did Disco,so that's not it. Did you read her post in the other thread? It seems webshots is going under and selling out, could be the end for everybody. I'll move to dot but oh all that work again, sigh!
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif

I know... it's a bit of work, but the nice thing is, you can upload as many pictures as you want into an album and it doesn't freak at you... limiting the albums to only 36 pictures was a pain.
mad.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom