Alright, Who watched Leno?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
Just checking to see who has watched Jay Leno? U2 did a great performance of Walk On...The guys looked very proud and honor to be performing...After their performance Larry and Adam (the camera did not get a good shot of Edge) were clapping for the Military...
smile.gif

I thought it was a very moving performance and Bono was pretty funny talking Jay Leno after their performance...
smile.gif

It was amazing!!! They really did a great preformance and I'm glad they played "Walk On" instead of "Stuck". It was a nice surprise. Not to mention that they all looked great!!!! Bono's little interview was so cute and SEXY!

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono

"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet."
- Bono

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Is that all they played?

yup..that is it..not a lot of time to play more than one song...there were two other guests...Alyssa Milano (who was completly emotional about being the replacement for Pam Anderson, which btw I was happy that she was the replacement) and DL Hughley...

I watched also and what a great performance. I also, like the interview afterward. I was glad Leno talked to Bono since sometimes he doesn't have time to talk to his musical guests. Maybe you guys could help me out. What did Leno mean when he said they are their "coalition partners"?

Ok-loved that Larry FOR ONCE was visible
biggrin.gif

Didn't like Jay's so called 'interview'-why don't the other three ever get to talk?

And he asks Bono about his 'recent' visit w/ the Pope-which was I believe 2 yrs ago. And did anybody else catch that he called him Bow-no?
rolleyes.gif

Just my humble opinion-Letterman is so much better than Leno-as an interviewer and w/ musical guests.

Bono looked so healthy!
Really!
I mean he was shaven and his hair was all nice. He looked great! And I loved both the song and the interview after.
-Bluey

------------------
*97% Compatible with Mona!*
Bluephisto

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
biggrin.gif

Didn't like Jay's so called 'interview'-why don't the other three ever get to talk?

And he asks Bono about his 'recent' visit w/ the Pope-which was I believe 2 yrs ago. And did anybody else catch that he called him Bow-no?
rolleyes.gif

Just my humble opinion-Letterman is so much better than Leno-as an interviewer and w/ musical guests.

Yeah, I heard Jay say "Bow-no" and it made me cringe. I laughed when Jay mentioned about the recent visit with the Pope b.c. I thought "wow what a dumb ass for not knowing that the visit was not recent"...I think Bono looked at him kinda funny with that remark...Jay should have done a little more research on Bono and how to properly say his name...and yes, Lettermans interviews are much better!

I agree with you. I've always liked Letterman better. Leno's not that funny and is kind of annoying. But ya know, Bono is just so yummy, that I loved it anyways. And I also agree that for once, I would like to see the other guys get interviewed, or at least go up and sit with Bono while he talks.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono

"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet."
- Bono

I watched it. I'm glad they played Walk On--very appropriate for service personnel who were watching it overseas, away from their families on Thanksgiving.

Like I said in the other thread, only Bono can come to America while we're focused on Afghanistan and tactfully remind us about the world problems of poverty and AIDS.

Gotta love this band...now if only someone would do a whole show where all four would get to say a few words.

Yeah, I agree with having all of them being interviewed...has this ever happend? I know that Bono and Larry were interviewed on Letterman (which btw i missed)...Didn't it look like for a sec. after they finished Walk On, they would all go sit down with Jay and be interviewed...I say this because the camera was focusing on Adam and Larry setting their instruments down like they were going to go on stage with Bono..oh well, maybe sometime in the near future all 4 will be interviewed.

OMG! I still have to wait to see the show. Here on Mexico it's on air at 2:00 am!!
Luckly, I get home around 1:45 am so I get to see them PLAY WOO HOO!
biggrin.gif

And trust me: I'm gonna have to make the sacrifice because I really don't like to say Leno. I don't like his interviews, and he always talks about nonsense. I hope everything went great on the show.

But how come they only played 1 SONG?!
Unbelievable!
mad.gif
U2 is a SPECIAL and DELUXE guest on every single show they appear, they at least had to play 2 songs. Oh well, I'll have to stick with only walk on...
frown.gif

Question: Did Bono signed the Harley that Jay has on the show???

YAAAAAAY Larry looked feckin hot, I didn't actually get to see it cos I was at a friend's house but my Daddy recorded it for me without me asking for it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
He's well trained
biggrin.gif
and a sweetheart

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
Yeah, I heard Jay say "Bow-no" and it made me cringe. I laughed when Jay mentioned about the recent visit with the Pope b.c. I thought "wow what a dumb ass for not knowing that the visit was not recent"...I think Bono looked at him kinda funny with that remark...Jay should have done a little more research on Bono and how to properly say his name...and yes, Lettermans interviews are much better!

I agree! I couldn't believe that Leno pronounced Bono wrong- give me a break! And his questions were all over the place- asking about Thanksgiving, the tour, and the pope. Bono handled the interview very well, of course.
smile.gif
And U2's performance was great as usual, except that I don't think the sound in the studio was that good.

And I agree that it would be nice if all 4 of them could be interviewed, but it's probably easier to set up 1 chair as opposed to 4 plus the other guests'. And I think that if all 4 of them were up there Bono would do most of the talking anyway. He's like the designated spokesperson/interviewee. I do think it would be cool if they sent out Edge by himself or 2 of them- like when Bono and Larry were on Letterman.

Mullen-Girl, your parents are as well trained as mine are!

I called them tonight to wish them a happy thanksgiving and separately, both of them said, Did you know U2 will be on Leno tonight? Parents can be cool sometimes
smile.gif

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Mullen-Girl, your parents are as well trained as mine are!

I called them tonight to wish them a happy thanksgiving and separately, both of them said, Did you know U2 will be on Leno tonight? Parents can be cool sometimes
smile.gif

I guess we all have the parents trained...My mother was quick to point it out to me that U2 were going to be on Jay Leno...
wink.gif
Gotta love them, they understand our love for them...

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Bono looked so healthy!
Really!
I mean he was shaven and his hair was all nice. He looked great! And I loved both the song and the interview after.
-Bluey

Yes he looked gorgeous and his voice sounded so sweet! I just love the cute little hand motions he makes when he talks too. That's why he's such a total package to me, his looks, his voice, his movements and he is so precious!

i was so happy watching leno until my stupid computer lost all the frame captures...going to ask my dad to hook the vcr up to the computer so i can do them again. of course he's not here right now...arg.

i live away at school so my mom had no clue about my "obsession" with u2..it's a recent thing...but in the 2 days i've been home she's already learned. i put a tape in the VCR and she goes "what's on? u2?" lol...and she's so much more supportive of this obsession than she was of my last one (nine inch nails lol)....i did get her to buy me the dvd at best buy (even tho i didnt get the bonus cd grrrrrrr) and she would never buy me the nin dvd haha....ok i'm rambling.

gonna try to do the captures again later, i had some REALLY good ones...stupid computer

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

frown.gif
I started watching, then I fell asleep! Lol how SAD is that?

But I watched the Mick Jagger thing. I loved Bono's BonoDance
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

Magic magic magic Joe Houdini.....

I agree.. when I saw Jay Leno say the thing about the "recent" meeting with the pope I said,"That was.. like, in 1998! Jeeze!".
wink.gif
It was quite a while ago though, not within this year even, was it? :p Anyway, I agree they should have played more than one song when they flew all the way there to just do that show. It was also really stupid how Jay was so stupid and talked about Thanksgiving -- I mean, what reason would there be for an Irish rockstar to celebrate an American holiday? Idiot. :p I think I have a genuine reason to dislike him now..
As for the Mick Jagger documentary, taped it, didn't watch it yet.
smile.gif

------------------
it's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else

Yay! Larry was yummmmmyyyy! And he was singing along a bit and that was soooo cute!! But Leno is really annoying-he laughs like a hyena! And he doesn't know his Bonofacts! Bad Jay! It was cute when Bono ran off the stage to the interview area. :p

Is it just me, or did Larry look a bit ill on the show? I mean, he wasn't green or anything...and he always has that real serious look on his face, like he's unhappy to be there...but on Leno he looked to me like he was about to urp all over his drumkit. I noticed he kept opening and closing his mouth a bit, you know like people do when they feel nauseous and are trying to find a method of breathing that will make them feel better?

Maybe I'm just a looney.

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress*
Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Romance is dead. Turns out all this time someone had just put sunglasses
on it and propped it up in a chair." -James "Kibo" Parry

"Admit it. You got a stiffy." - Edge

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Originally posted by Foadie:

If he is/was sick...poor baby!

LARRY: Oh....too...much...turkey....these American wankers and their gluttonous holidays.....oh...tryptophan making me....very...sleepy....zzzzzzz.....(conks out on snare drum)

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress*
Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Romance is dead. Turns out all this time someone had just put sunglasses
on it and propped it up in a chair." -James "Kibo" Parry

"Admit it. You got a stiffy." - Edge

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

MEMEMEMEMEMEEEEE!!!! It was AWESOME!!!

Jay seemed excited,and Bono seemed rather joyful as well,smiled a lot during the interview with Jay too....he was SO cute!

Had to stay up late here in Calif. to see it,but it was all worth it!
smile.gif

Disco

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
Just checking to see who has watched Jay Leno? U2 did a great performance of Walk On...The guys looked very proud and honor to be performing...After their performance Larry and Adam (the camera did not get a good shot of Edge) were clapping for the Military...
smile.gif

I thought it was a very moving performance and Bono was pretty funny talking Jay Leno after their performance...
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

I really can not stand Jay Leno, but I suffered through it for the boys and it was worth it! They were, as usual, immaculate
biggrin.gif

And, despite Leno being a tool, Bono was ADORABLE!! "What's the drug in turkeys that makes you go asleep?" How cute is that!? *sigh*

Well it was only one song and Bono's voice was kinda hoarse, but who can't laugh at Bono's "yeah we sent the guinness boat" comment? lol That was classic!

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

so jay leno puts crack in his turkey?
biggrin.gif

good performance, good interview. loved the pin on bono's guitar strap. THE GOUL IS SOOOOOOUL.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Back
Top Bottom