***All GOLDEN GLOBE Discussion Goes HERE!***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: HEY BAMMO 2!

bonosloveslave said:

Sorry Kitten :hug:

Your pic must not have loaded on my computer when I was looking back to check and/or I just didn't remember reading it. But you're right, never mind seeing a great pic of B more than once! :drool:

That's okay :hug: The thread is so long now I'm sure some girls never got to see the ones on the earlier pages. It might not have loaded on your computer, it didn't load on mine for a long time! It was weird, I had to post it twice before I could see it. I even posted to ask if anybody else could see it, and they could, but I couldn't for awhile!:huh:

ramblin rose said:

I agree with everything you said. In fact I'm getting really annoyed hearing all these pundits critizice Bono. I really don't understand what the problem is. I won't even get into the whole "worst dressed thing".

I hope that all this stuff doens't affect the Academy's nomination or their chance of winning if they do get nominated. I would hope that it wouldn't, but I guess you never know.

i've been kind of wondering--what, who, where, when, how IS the academy?? and what's its connection to who won what at the golden globe awards?? and what's the difference?

and i really don't get the "worst dressed" thing either...the only reason i know what bono was wearing is cos i've seen all these picutres...and i remembered that edge was wearing a sparkly shirt and daniel day-lewis had a bow tie because in the whole 5 seconds that he was on the screen i managed to go "hahaha he's wearing a bow tie" cos there seems to be something reallu funny about bow ties...but other than that i just wasn't PAYING ATTENTION to what people were wearing (well i did notice the lady who dressed up as a ballerina just cos it looked stupid)...i watch movies, and i listen to music, i care very little (if at all, and i'm pretty sure that i DON'T care at all) what people are wearing...

but it DOES make for entertaining message board threads...

I found some more pics, i dont think they have been postsed yet.

Morleigh is a lucky woman
n030120_23.jpg

n030120_25.jpg

n030120_24.jpg

n030120_19.jpg

THANKSSSSSSSSS FOR ALL THESE HOT PICS PLEBANS GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE MAKING ME THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Silvina
[^Miss MacPhisto^]

:tongue: :drool: :drool:

*Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching...*

Bono.... :drool: :drool: This man is getting sexier and sexier.

Thanks a million for the pics, girls!

Ps.- Morleigh looks so good with straight hair!

IWasBored said:
how was bono's intro to "gangs of new york" long rambling and not understandable??B]

Because the people at E! are morons who can't understand a simple metaphor. C'mon, these are the same folks who think the life of Anna Nicole Smith makes for compelling TV viewing!

What about Richard Gere's acceptance speech? It was at least four times longer than Bono's Gangs of New York intro and not nearly as interesting.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:

Because the people at E! are morons who can't understand a simple metaphor. C'mon, these are the same folks who think the life of Anna Nicole Smith makes for compelling TV viewing!

What about Richard Gere's acceptance speech? It was at least four times longer than Bono's Gangs of New York intro and not nearly as interesting.

Bravo!

I kept switching to the Football game during Richard Gere's speech and everytime I went back he was stiiiiiiiiilllllllll talking. I would say his speech was a good two minutes long (possibly more).

And for LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, thanks a lot for posting that file. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to get all those pictures on my computer.

ramblin rose said:

<<
Bravo!

I kept switching to the Football game during Richard Gere's speech and everytime I went back he was stiiiiiiiiilllllllll talking. I would say his speech was a good two minutes long (possibly more).
>>
I thought Bono's speech was the best of the night!!!
I was starting to worry that maybe the 3 hour running time
for the show was for Gere's speech. Talk about boring...yawn.

Last edited:
Wasn't there an awards show several years ago where Gere made a speech about China or something that went on really really long and he got made fun of and complained about? Anybody know what I'm talking about? It was a big deal at the time.

U2Kitten said:
Wasn't there an awards show several years ago where Gere made a speech about China or something that went on really really long and he got made fun of and complained about? Anybody know what I'm talking about? It was a big deal at the time.

I kind of remember what you are talking about. I'm thinking it was something about Tibet and what he said was more about the issue/politics rather than whatever he was supposed to be taking about.

Kariann said:

I kind of remember what you are talking about. I'm thinking it was something about Tibet and what he said was more about the issue/politics rather than whatever he was supposed to be taking about.

That's it, he won an award and used his time on national TV at the podium to deliver his political speech. I think they had a hard time shutting him up and it changed the way awards shows let stars give acceptance speeches?

Speaking of long speeches, remember when Frank Sinatra got the music turned over his talking and then they went to commerical? That was the same show where Bono handed him his lifetime achievement award.

Bono's shades said:

Ouch. You said it. Idiot City indeed. No wonder so much TV is boring, huh?

U2Kitten said:

That's it, he won an award and used his time on national TV at the podium to deliver his political speech. I think they had a hard time shutting him up and it changed the way awards shows let stars give acceptance speeches?

Speaking of long speeches, remember when Frank Sinatra got the music turned over his talking and then they went to commerical? That was the same show where Bono handed him his lifetime achievement award.

Yeah and I think around that same time Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins went into some kind of speech at an awards show about an issue they supported. If I'm not mistaken they were presenting.

I remember the Sinatra thing too...kind of took some nerve to cut Sinatra really. Have you noticed how the lifetime acheivement people seem to go on for awhile and some actually babble?

Have to say that I liked the fact that Bono and Edge were to the point and simple accepting their award.

Kariann said:

Yeah and I think around that same time Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins went into some kind of speech at an awards show about an issue they supported. If I'm not mistaken they were presenting.

I remember the Sinatra thing too...kind of took some nerve to cut Sinatra really. Have you noticed how the lifetime acheivement people seem to go on for awhile and some actually babble?

Have to say that I liked the fact that Bono and Edge were to the point and simple accepting their award.

That's right, I seem to remember that too!

You're right, Bono and Edge did just the right amount of talking under the circumstances. Considering all Bono's causes, he could have made himself a long political speech too, but he knew it was not the time or the place and there would be other appropriate times and places to speak out!

I did read in my paper this morning that the Parent's TV Ass. or something is ragging on NBC for not editing out Bono's "F* word :rolleyes: as if any kid these days has never heard it, they even blurt it out in school now, give me a break! :sigh:

I don't think the "F" word is a big deal in Ireland, either. What the heck? Heck, my niece in Italy has a T-shirt with the word on it!!! She doesn't think it's a big deal!!:yes: :yes:

tv sucks. with the exception of the slane castle special, the golden globe awards were the first time i watched tv since last summer, and i'm going back to avoiding it. i'm not really sure what E! is, cos i don't have cable, i just get network channels.

and the whole "oh my god bono siad 'fuck'" thing is hilarious. ooh look it's the big bad rock star comming along and corrupting the minds of our nation's youth. you know what? in elementary schol, i'm talking about 1st grade here, the big thing is to see how many people you can piss off by flipping them the bird through the school bus window...don't tell me that the scary rock singer on tv is the cause of this. and anyway, WHEN did he say this? what time was it? it had to be atleast 9 or 9:30 when it aired here, and don't kids that age usually go to bed before then? if you're really worried about your kids picking up bad language from television, what the hell are they doing watching some boring awards show (and if the parents REALLY go through with beleiving that swearing isn't appropriate for their kids, then exactly how many of those movies will their kids have seen?) at that time of night? and anyway, anyone older than 7 is going to hear that in school on a regular basis.

IWasBored said:
tv sucks. with the exception of the slane castle special, the golden globe awards were the first time i watched tv since last summer, and i'm going back to avoiding it. i'm not really sure what E! is, cos i don't have cable, i just get network channels.

and the whole "oh my god bono siad 'fuck'" thing is hilarious. ooh look it's the big bad rock star comming along and corrupting the minds of our nation's youth. you know what? in elementary schol, i'm talking about 1st grade here, the big thing is to see how many people you can piss off by flipping them the bird through the school bus window...don't tell me that the scary rock singer on tv is the cause of this. and anyway, WHEN did he say this? what time was it? it had to be atleast 9 or 9:30 when it aired here, and don't kids that age usually go to bed before then? if you're really worried about your kids picking up bad language from television, what the hell are they doing watching some boring awards show (and if the parents REALLY go through with beleiving that swearing isn't appropriate for their kids, then exactly how many of those movies will their kids have seen?) at that time of night? and anyway,

anyone older than 7 is going to hear that in school on a regular basis.

I completely concur. The only thing I don't agree with is the older than 7. I've heard it from first graders and even a few preschoolers.

And.........

ALL THE PICS ARE HOT!! :drool: :up:

Way to go boys woo- hoo! :dance:

Yikes, sorry the pics never showed up :drunk: here ya go

bonoglobes3.jpg

bonoglobes2.jpg

When he came out to leave for the show, he asked the girls who took these pics "Don't I look posh?"

Aw, he must have been so proud of the way he looked. Damn Joan Rivers that bitch :mad:

Back
Top Bottom