***All GOLDEN GLOBE Discussion Goes HERE!***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yet it was U2 frontman Bono whose opening remark surely cost a network censor his job: His success, he crowed unbleeped, was "really, really f---ing brilliant!" Who produced this saucy circus? Ozzy?

From TVGuideOnline...

:lol:

Edit: Forgot MTV:

Best director was awarded to Martin Scorsese for "Gangs of New York," while U2 walked away with both the award for best original song for "The Hands That Built America," from the same movie, and the dubious distinction of sneaking a curse word past NBC's censors.

Last edited:
I am so happy they won! Was glad to see Bono's introduction of Gangs which I liked. The guys looked fabulous and were adorable. Bono is my guy but I though Edge looked reaallly good! Loved he all black.

The pics are yummy! My heart is aflutter!

Kari

OK, there's a ton more (like 60 or so) and its near impossible to tell what I've already posted and if some of these are even any different, but here are a bunch from www.wireimage.com:

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233694263%3B9ot1lsi

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233694263%3C2ot1lsi

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323369426458ot1lsi

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323369426485ot1lsi

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323369426489ot1lsi

3366342%3B23232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233694264%3B3ot1lsi

alright, my eyes hurt from staring at a screen all day so that's enough for now. If you're like me and save everything of everything, let me know and I can hook you up with more and/or the slightly better quality files.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:cute: If you get time I'd love to have bigger files of these! :drool:

u2kitten@yahoo.com

Also if you aren't tired of staring at Bono pics please take the watermarks out of the huge Corbis pics I posted on the last page this morning (or wherever it ended up in all this:huh: ) Thanks!

I can't remove watermarks, but I'll post my Golden Globes picture folder on the college website as soon as Ellen shows me how (yeah, I'm too cheap to buy the "required" software.....) So far, the folder is 13 MB and already zipped.

Best and Worst Golden Globes

Best Reason to Invite Rock Stars to Awards Shows: Bono announcing it was "really, really fucking brilliant" that U2 won for Best Song.

Worst Reason to Do Same: While segueing into a Gangs of New York segment, Bono read a wild, freewheeling introduction understood by nobody.

HEY BAMMO 2!

Bonosloveslave- would you believe that Bonnie Hunt pic was the very first one to show up on the wires and I posted it on the first page? LOL it shows how long this thread has become all the pics have come full circle are burying themselves already! :eeklaugh: Pic overload, but nobody minds the repeats and reposts! They're great and I've saved every one!

Madonna's Child- that makes me mad! He looked great! Those fools were probably influenced by that b*tch Joan Rivers. Poor thing tucked his shirt in and everything:( Even Edge didn't;)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I can't remove watermarks, but I'll post my Golden Globes picture folder on the college website as soon as Ellen shows me how (yeah, I'm too cheap to buy the "required" software.....) So far, the folder is 13 MB and already zipped.

Thanks anyway!

BAMMO 2, can you? These are keepers if we can get rid of that watermark! :hyper:

X00200_9.JPG

X00199_9.JPG

Last edited:
These pictures are amazing! The guys seem to be having so much fun. I also must add, Bono is hotter that any other movie/tv star that was there:drool:

yay everyone who posted pics! i am one step away from using the f:censored:g DROOLING smiley...

how was bono's intro to "gangs of new york" long rambling and not understandable?? it made sense, and it was worded well. it's not like he came out dressed as a ballerina (i don't know who that was, who was that? she looked stupid) or anything...

i don't think that people (as in non-u2 fans or the television press) can handle the fact that they won...it would probably be easier for them if one of the songs written by someone who isn't really big for non-movie songs had won...they'd have a better time if eminem had won just cos it's...arg, i have no coherent explaination...but come on! these people are picking at EVERY little detail and making some kind of comment! so WHAT if they got up there and "sang praises" for scorsese?? so what if bono talks a bit much?? and WHY do people care so much about how they dress???

IWasBored said:
yay everyone who posted pics! i am one step away from using the f:censored:g DROOLING smiley...

how was bono's intro to "gangs of new york" long rambling and not understandable?? it made sense, and it was worded well. it's not like he came out dressed as a ballerina (i don't know who that was, who was that? she looked stupid) or anything...

i don't think that people (as in non-u2 fans or the television press) can handle the fact that they won...it would probably be easier for them if one of the songs written by someone who isn't really big for non-movie songs had won...they'd have a better time if eminem had won just cos it's...arg, i have no coherent explaination...but come on! these people are picking at EVERY little detail and making some kind of comment! so WHAT if they got up there and "sang praises" for scorsese?? so what if bono talks a bit much?? and WHY do people care so much about how they dress???

That's Hollywood for you. Sometimes I want to call it Idiot City. Which is not to accuse everyone who lives there or whatever of being an idiot, just to gripe that there are too many idiots there.:madspit: :madspit: :censored: :censored:

IWasBored said:

I agree with everything you said. In fact I'm getting really annoyed hearing all these pundits critizice Bono. I really don't understand what the problem is. I won't even get into the whole "worst dressed thing".

I hope that all this stuff doens't affect the Academy's nomination or their chance of winning if they do get nominated. I would hope that it wouldn't, but I guess you never know.

Re: HEY BAMMO 2!

U2Kitten said:
Bonosloveslave- would you believe that Bonnie Hunt pic was the very first one to show up on the wires and I posted it on the first page? LOL it shows how long this thread has become all the pics have come full circle are burying themselves already! :eeklaugh: Pic overload, but nobody minds the repeats and reposts! They're great and I've saved every one!

Sorry Kitten :hug:

Your pic must not have loaded on my computer when I was looking back to check and/or I just didn't remember reading it. But you're right, never mind seeing a great pic of B more than once! :drool:

dipster said:
These pictures are amazing! I also must add, Bono is hotter that any other movie/tv star that was there:drool:

TOTALLY!! :love: :cute: :combust:

globecute.jpg

globebeauty.jpg

globemeet.jpg

How could those Hollywood fakes not see that? :confused:
P.S- Melpop don't go blind yet, there's more sexy Bono to see!;) :drool:

Back
Top Bottom