***All GOLDEN GLOBE Discussion Goes HERE!***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so happy right now :D
thanks bonosloveslave, can't wait!!!
So we don't know if U2 won their award yet, right? And were they on the Joan Rivers special AND the NBC prespecial?
:hyper:

Bono said fuck on TV again!!!

And how cute are they going the wrong way???

I feel like somone I know won!!

And thank GOD they didn't lose to Eminem!!!

Okay, I think I'm done babbling...

Damn, I wish I would have been watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

Congrats to the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

OMG!!! I'm soooooo happy!!! :dance: Bono was so sweet trying to think of another word... and then :censored:!

And Edge looked awesome, they both did!!! :cute:

THEY WON! They were so adorable! I love Edge's sparkly black shirt! Bono looked so sweet! I like their comments! It was so cute how Elton said "told ya boys!" maybe that's why he wanted to sit by them, he was presenting and he knew they were winning! I'm so glad they won. I love the look on their faces when they announced them as the winners!

It sounded like they *are* eligible for an Oscar, think I read something at @u2.....

*edit:

Ok, I found it, in Matt's "Off the Record" column:

And speaking of that column a couple weeks ago, I also wrote a bit about "The Hands That Built America"'s eligibility for the upcoming Oscars. An old friend, Helen, who works in the music industry and has experience in soundtrack-type issues, wrote in with this opinion the song's eligibility:

The Oscar rules state that the song must be recorded for "use in a film" prior to any other use...i.e., you have to write it for the film, you can't have written it before (even it was never recorded), and you have to record it for the film before it can be re-recorded, remixed, etc. on your own. As long as it is definitely in the movie before you release it, and you credit that it is "from the movie..." then I believe you are okay.

And all of that sounds good to me. Thanks Helen!

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!!
:censored:

wtf?! :banghead:

i suck. :angry:

I feel the same way...I knew it was on too...dammit...I just...I don't know... :der:

Oh well...at least we got to hear about it from our loverly PLEBAns! :)

Hey!

Mostly a lurker on this forum, but I :love: the pics...

Anyways, it was so great to see our boys win. Bono + Edge +Colin Farrell + Jude Law = good night at the Golden Globes for me! I especially loved Edge whistling for Bono when Bono did the introduction for GoNY - they're so cute!

Well-deserved win...now on to the Oscars...

Back
Top Bottom