Ali thread #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitly, a lot prettier.

I love how Eli has a Notre Dame shit on. That is too cute.

In Italy 6/20 promoting Edun
sx242a34.jpg

sx242a35.jpg

Thanks for the photos Kelly! Here's some additional info...

2007-06-20 16:36
Bono's wife shows Edun label
Socially conscious clothes on Florence catwalk

(ANSA) - Florence, June 20 - Ali Hewson, wife of U2's lead singer Bono, launched her socially conscious clothing label Edun during the Pitti fashion week in Florence on Wednesday.

"I have four children and when I dress them I want to be sure that their clothes are not the result of other children being exploited," Hewson said, explaining why she and her husband set up Edun in 2005.

The Dublin-based company encourages fair trade with third world nations and the abolition of sweatshops and child labour. It produces clothes mostly made in Africa with non-GM cotton which is coloured with vegetable dyes.

The Edun label is a collection of men's and women's clothing that is sold in upmarket stores in New York and London. A straight T-shirt costs 40 euros, an African organic knit scarf with a poem printed on it goes for 70 euros.

"Edun is not a charity. It's a project for social development aimed primarily at Africa," said Hewson, pointing out that Africa's share of world trade was shrinking below the 6% it had in 1980.

The company teaches its suppliers how to grow the raw materials and shows the workers how to use the cloth weaving machines. Edun clothes are produced in India, Peru, Tunisia, Kenya, Uganda, Lesotho, Mauritius and Madagascar.

The Edun Live sub-brand consists of a line of blank cotton T-shirts manufactured in Africa from materials grown there and is aimed at a wider market.
1783403569-pitti-moglie-bono-lancia.jpg

dorathea said:
Ali is much prettier than Andrea Corr

Speaking from this male's point of view..

No she is not. Andrea is like a younger version of Ali. They are both stunning.

orig quoted by Tizer:
No she is not. Andrea is like a younger version of Ali. They are both stunning.

:up: You have a lot of class ...and great taste.

last unicorn said:
Wow, the missus is travelling a lot these days.
Wonder if Bono has to stay at home to look after the kiddies.

a girl met Ali on wedsneday in Florence and she told to the fans..."Bono is staying at home in dublin with our kids"

:wink:

Lara_Croft said:

a girl met Ali on wedsneday in Florence and she told to the fans..."Bono is staying at home in dublin with our kids"

Awesome. Good to know the kids are keeping an eye on him :giggle:

I didn't say that Andrea is not pretty I said that Ali is prettier....of course Andrea is attractive but out of the 2 Ali is still prettier ....lol

Ok, methinks that when it comes to looks between Andrea and Ali, then Ali has the Edge...:lol: :lol:

I dunno, they're both gorgeous... yet Ali is prolly old enough to have Andrea as a daughter so I guess Ali wins out.... and anyway...who's got Bono? :evil:

Doncha think they have more than one nanny to help with the kids. I doubt very seriously that they "need" to switch childcare responsibilities like ordinary working parents.

I just asked my brothers and my boyfriend who they thought was prettier - Andrea or Ali - and sorry but they all said Andrea.

Personally I dont like the Corrs - I'm more of a rock and roll chick. But, I guess their right - Andrea Corr is gorgeous.

Actually she was voted sexiest woman in Ireland a while back (Ali didnt even get a mention, which is wrong).

stonecircle said:
Doncha think they have more than one nanny to help with the kids. I doubt very seriously that they "need" to switch childcare responsibilities like ordinary working parents.

Ali has said in interviews before that they do not like to both be away from the kids at the same time. Especially the out of the country kind of away. They try to always have one of them with the kids. Just because you have nannies doesn't mean you necessarily feel comfortable with both parents being gone. Especially since their type of gone is not down to the office for the day but usually half way around the world kind of gone.

Dana

Lara_Croft said:

wow how long is she away for?

Did u get a photo with her?

bella88 said:

wow how long is she away for?

Did u get a photo with her?

no, a u2 fans elsewhere met her, i've read her story on zootopia.
Ali stayed in Florence for a couple of days, then she went back to dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom