Ali Thread # 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niamh_Saoirse said:
aliprofile.jpg

This is Ali's profile featured in a documentary called "Big Ideas for a Small Planet". There's a section called "Wear" where she talks about EDUN.

This is the link where you can find some clips:

http://www.sundancechannel.com/thegreen#/video

Ali looks so cute in that piccie. I wish I had the Sundance channel. I'd love to see this documentary.

Saw this today, sorry if it's old or already been posted:

Kids get down to business

Enterprising students at a Southside boys’ school recently launched a business exhibition to raise funds to help underprivileged children both at home and abroad.
Sixth class boys in the CBC Junior School Monkstown laid out their stalls in the twelfth year of the exhibition that had been opened by Dún Laoghaire TD and Education Minister, Mary Hanafin, earlier this month.
The exhibition marked the end of a three-month project, which was launched by Ali Hewson and involved 14 companies each made up of two boys.
The companies displayed its products and services and business plan with the day’s proceeds going to the school’s Children Helping Children Fund. So far this year a staggering e21,801 has been raised.
The big-hearted boys received donations, arranged fun days, sold school magazines and donated confirmation money to add to the money raised.

This year the proceeds from the exhibition will go towards funding the transport of Chernobyl children to Ireland, valuable research into Epidermolyis, a painful skin disorder suffered by the butterfly children - Debra Ireland Fund and the provision of medical supplies and school fees for poverty stricken children in several African countries.
The charity also funds many local charities and some money will also go towards the Barretstown Gang Camp for seriously ill children, a camp for local children in the Monkstown Centre and the funding of local projects in Dún Laoghaire through Barnardos.
Sixth class teacher and the fund’s organiser, Ken King, said the fund showed that the future was bright for young people getting involved in charitable work.
“It is in fashion now for people to go to other places to help people,” he said. “It shows that even among the youth that the future is safe because they think of other people.”
Sixth class student Rory Murphy said he gained invaluable business experience and also got do some good by raising money for charity.
“We do all different things,” he revealed. “I did a tennis marathon for five hours and we just asked for sponsorship. Others did a Christmas swim and swam the forty-foot.”
Anyone can lodge a donation directly to the ‘Children Helping Children Fund’, Permanent TSB, Stillorgan. Account Number: 84304545 Sort Code: 990629.

gah... she is stunning and they are so gorgeous together , and the work she does !
what an amazing woman !!!!!!!!
all hail ALI ..

ps i believe her lip gloss is called bonokisses.... :wink:

MullenGirl said:
Here's one I have found recently and I have never seen it before

24255341uUbnHawXGu_ph.jpg

She has a gorgeous smile.

Hey, I think that is Paul Newman right? Did she and Bono ever visit his camp for kids with cancer called the Hole in the Wall Gang? I think they did, can't rememeber exactly though.
Paul is also a great great humanitarian, I am sure you all know!
The world needs more people like these! :bow:

kellyahern said:

Thanks Flavia :).

It also looks like they added some more stuff to their online store (I like the tote bag).

I never saw that before, I like that tote bag too for only $25! The fig leaf necklaces are pretty, and there's a scarf like Bono's with the Rilke poem on it, made in Lesotho. Cool!

i just got an email..edunonline.com is where they are selling online now..OMG they have the bono scarf but its white tan...:drool: :drool: :drool: and $70..i'd never be able to get that..but i can drool..my scarf fettish..

I really want that scarf too! I actually have the long sleeve shirt that looks like that, I love it! (It's the same color as Bono's scarf)

Last edited:
Jeannieco said:

Hey, I think that is Paul Newman right? Did she and Bono ever visit his camp for kids with cancer called the Hole in the Wall Gang? I think they did, can't rememeber exactly though.
Paul is also a great great humanitarian, I am sure you all know!
The world needs more people like these! :bow:

Didnt Ali organise with Paul Newman to have some kids from Chernobyl stay at the Hole in the Wall Gang camps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom