Ali thread 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this it?

fbc0c932.jpg

It's so funny how in most of these beach/France pictures, Bono is always walking in front and everybody's following him like sheep.

A little video:

mms://www.tvr.by/lib/playvideo.asp?id=14815&table=newsvideo&date=19.04.2006 15:05:00

Could anyone please download it and then upload it to. let's say, ? Im having problems to open it directly from the net.

Thanks! :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:
A little video:

mms://www.tvr.by/lib/playvideo.asp?id=14815&table=newsvideo&date=19.04.2006 15:05:00

Could anyone please download it and then upload it to. let's say, ? Im having problems to open it directly from the net.

Thanks! :D

I wish that woman newscaster would shut up! I wanted to hear what Ali was saying!

kellyahern said:
I'm sorry it didn't work. When I tried to install and run download studio, it messed up my wireless connectivity :(.

:ohmy:

Eeek! I'm sorry, Kel. It worked just fine for me. :huh:

Anyway, what is the video about? I haven't been able to see it yet. :lol:

From when is this article???
:love: Always the down-to-earth manners.. you just gotta respect that!
I talked to a guy today, and somehow got onto the topic of Bono's wife... he was saying that yea I'd prolly hate her too if I were you and stuff... he was amazed at the fact that I didn't hate her at all, and that most U2fans love her more than hate her...
Somebody as beautiful as Ali, inside and outside, how can you hate her? I can do nothing other than admire her for not being the spoiled celeb wife, and using her time for something good!

thankyou said:
photo203.jpg

photo202.jpg

From a while back. It's always nice to see pics of them where they were able to spend some down time together :cute:

I noticed this a while back, it looks like they're wearing the same watch... :cute:

thankyou said:
photo203.jpg

photo202.jpg

From a while back. It's always nice to see pics of them where they were able to spend some down time together :cute:

Thanks for posting these! I had a shitty day - Steve Irwin's death, I'm sick, my cat is sick, I got nagged about my job situation, etc, but pics like these always make me smile.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Thanks for posting these! I had a shitty day - Steve Irwin's death, I'm sick, my cat is sick, I got nagged about my job situation, etc, but pics like these always make me smile.

glad the pics made you smile. seeing photos of them together always cheers me up too. :D

I found this in a forum. It´s not recent but I wonder if it really is from Ali.

I got this in my email yesterday. I've removed the forward headers but it purports to be from Ali Hewson

Quote:
Message from Ali Hewson on behalf of Amnesty International :

Dear <name removed>

I have just learned that the Nigerian Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence for Amina Lawal, who was condemned for the crime of adultery. She is to be buried up to her neck and stoned to death. Her death has been postponed for one month so that she can continue to nurse her baby.

Amina's case is being handled by the Spanish branch of Amnesty International, which is attempting to put together enough signatures to make the Nigerian government rescind the death sentence. (A similar campaign saved another Nigerian woman, Safiya, condemned in similar circumstances.)

The petition has so far (as of April 7th) amassed over 4,100,000 signatures. It will only take you a few seconds to sign Amnesty's online petition.

Go to the web page http://www.amnistiaporsafiya.org/> enter your first name in the space marked 'nombre', last name ('apellidos'), county/state ('provincia'), and country from the drop down box - choose Irlando.

Then click on 'Seguir' and go to the second page. There you have the option of entering your email address if you wish to receive follow-up information.

In any case, be sure to click on 'aceptar' to have your name added to the petition list.

Regards,

Ali

While I'm sure she supports AI indirectly, I've never heard of direct support (like Greenpeace, or the Chernobyl Children's Project, for example)--so I have my doubts.

Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with whoever put up that fake MySpace page awhile back...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom