Ali thread 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whispering.jpg

can anyone post this photo without the watermarks please? thankyou!

Liesje said:
Yeah, I deleted the link from my post (see above). The changes are live now.

I saw some really beuatiful pics on your site yesterday. Especially the one from the wedding - i never saw that one before. But, i would like to see more early pics:wink:

Galeongirl said:
lol that light dot is placed very interestingly...

:cute: it's so nice to see that love at first sight still exists...

Yes it is! They have wonderful love story don't they?
I wonder if she will ever write a book about her life with Bono.
It would be interesting to hear her perspective on this crazy wonderful life they are living.
They are so blessed!

alihewson.gif

Ali Hewson
Rock star wife, known philanthropist and even head of her own “socially conscious” clothing label, Edun, Ali Hewson’s classic, understated style and natural beauty neatly reflect her ethics and her character – smart, warm, and simply exquisite. She wore a bridal dress made by her mum when she married Paul Hewson (aka Bono) in 1982.

Kelly I have send you a mail...mybe mail is wrong...can you write me your mail address?

Niamh_Saoirse said:
alihewson.gif

Ali Hewson
Rock star wife, known philanthropist and even head of her own “socially conscious” clothing label, Edun, Ali Hewson’s classic, understated style and natural beauty neatly reflect her ethics and her character – smart, warm, and simply exquisite. She wore a bridal dress made by her mum when she married Paul Hewson (aka Bono) in 1982.

That picture is :heart: Ali is so beautiful, she just shines as weird as that sounds. I love that blazer! LOL. This is one of my fav. Ali pics. Thank you!:bow:

kellyahern said:

No, I've tried being nice but please leave me alone. I am not giving out my password anymore. Please stop asking.

If I find pictures, I'll post them here like I always do. You do not need my password.

Kel, that's the price you have to pay for being so popular. :wink: ;)

LMAO @ "I'm her bitch tonight". :laugh:

ONE at Harvey Nichols

Last night I went along to the launch of Edun and ONE at Harvey Nichols, it was a very star studded event, Ali Hewson the wife of Rock Star and emotional Eco-Warrior, Bono had attracted some A-listers in support of their campaign. Despite it being the launch of the London Film Festival last night and the party in the big marquee in Berkley Square we rubbed shoulders with Pierce Brosnan, Thandie Newton, Andrea Corr, Kim Cattrall and Damien Hirst.

I arrived at the same time as Patsy Kensit who always looks the same, she is stuck in a groove of being a rockstar groupie, she was dressed in skinny black jeans, ankle boots and a short fitted black jacket, obviously still up at 5am to run she looks very trim but dull. She was with Angela Dunn the redhead ex-model who looked good in a short, chiffon polka dot dress. Once inside, armed with a Cosmo and Pink Champagne we headed for food, we stood near a hacked off looking Jefferson Hack in a suit, he stayed to the bitter end, just looking bitter really, stay home and sulk. Natalie Imbriglia looked as pretty as always, with a new short jaw length bob, if I wanted to be mean I would have to say I noticed a few crows feet, but that's what happens to these girls who are so slim the face goes first!

Bono and Ali arrived to give a speech about their campaign, the launch of the ONE t-shirt with proceeds supporting Africa. He arrived with an entourage including Damian Hirst, wearing a baggy old cardigan, he looked like Jim Branning had styled him for the night. Pierce Brosnan looked very handsome, he could still pull off Bond, although he was drinking Gin and Tonic, not a Martini. Thandie Newton looks soo tiny, she actually made Andrea Corr look chubby, Andrea chatted about her new album coming out, she's quite sweet really.

Bono asked us to join him in the roped off VIP section, and we had an Andy Millman Extras moment sitting in the tiny L-shaped area looking out at people thinking who the hell are they. But I have been lucky enough to attend a few U2 concerts this year with my F&F (friends and family) badge, so have become part of the Irish clan, they are a very hospitable group.

I chatted to Bono about the labels that are supporting Africa and he was interested in hearing about the label Noir that we have featured on the site, in fact he said he would take a look at my report. He claimed that tonight was all about Ali and that he was taking a night off, he said "I'm her bitch tonight", which was sweet, but looking at the people who surround him, you are very aware that it's always about him wherever he goes, he certainly is a very charismatic man. He says that Africa is making sexy clothes, and that it's all about being sexy, he kept saying, "Africa is sexy, and if you are not an entrepeneur in Africa you are a dead man"

I dont know how accurate the remarks in this article are, but I find it very very funny. :laugh:

Sunday, September 17, 2006
The Unforgettable Ire: Bono's Fashion Week Tantrum

Damn those fashionistas. They just have no respect, man. Like, you're up there on a makeshift stage in the Hudson Hotel, and yeah, so you look a bit fat and dumpy, and on second thoughts that haircut and that auburn dye-job might not have been the best of ideas, but you've got your orange wraparounds on, and your leather kaks, and let's face it, the missus, tipping 50 and all as she might be, is still gorgeous. And she's up here beside you, and she's after designing this fashion line, no less, and getting girls in African countries to make the clothes in fair-trade conditions. And it rocks. Right? Right?!Hello? Is anybody out there listening? Hello???Listen, we've got Damien Rice here, and everything...and Jeff "Richard Dean Anderson" Sachs...Please??!!

So this was the scene on Friday night in the Hudson, as Bono and Ali Hewson stepped up before the last gathering of New York Fashion Week to launch the new line of Edun, the collection they co-created with the designer Rogan. Edun is about organic materials and fair-labour practices in family-run factories in Africa and South America. It's all very worthy...seriously. But the New York fashion crowd, frankly, doesn't do worthy. It does these things: free mojitos, goodie bags and celebrity-spotting, all of which were on offer at the Edun show, along with some dubious video-screen splicing of Lindsay Lohan (pouting in an Edun t-shirt) and African teenagers (grinning as they sewed together hundreds of the same t-shirts in a factory that looked like it was constructed from cardboard). As size zero biatches eyed each other up with vicious distaste, each trying to gauge the authenticity of the Christian Louboutin heels worn by the other, whilst simultaneously trying to get as close as possible to Heather Graham and her horror movie smile, Bono strode onstage, leading Ali by the hand and followed meekly by Rogan (no? me neither). The first signs of trouble came when, out of the 150 or so crowd gathered in the upstairs club space of the Hudson, maybe 15 people clapped at the appearance of the trio - and maybe 18 people stopped talking. The din of various Balenciaga-centred conversations wasn't deafening, but it was enough to irk Bono, who pleaded jokingly for silence to assuage his vulnerable ego. That didn't work. so he just had to keep talking while others did the same. He introduced Jeffrey Sachs, Professor of Economics at Columbia, who talked about how Bono and Ali were actually, literally, seriously changing the world (before making a nuclear-proof parachute out of chewing gum, a shoelace and an Edun t-shirt.) Then Bono talked about how at last year's show, they'd had "the poet laureate ", Lou Reed (actually, Bono, Donald Hall is the poet laureate, but let's not squabble over niceties) and, in keeping with that tradition of having major musicians play a song or two in honour of the Edun collection, they were now presenting Damien Rice. Who proceeded to blink and tremble his way through a mediocre performance while nobody listened, before erupting into a "please-be-quiet-I-can't-play-while-people-aren't-listening" pleading fit, and finally working out that, unless he played the song from the Jude Law film, nobody would have a clue who he was, and this was the only way to get people to listen. Which they did, eventually. Pity that by this stage, having played two songs, Rice had used up his entire repertoire and had to limp offstage again.

But!! The drama was not yet over!! Not content with having staged a fashion launch without a single piece of clothing in sight (not even one of the shapeless "One" t-shirts), Bono then came back onstage to make some closing remarks, rattled on for a minute or so and then, tired of having the whispered conversations of a handful of party-goers rasp cruelly on his sensitive eardrums, roared to the emaciated throng: "YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING FINGER FOOD!!! WE'RE TRYING TO DO SOMETHING HERE AND ETC ETC ETC" This is pretty much an exact quote, folks. Fuck you and your finger food. Two fingers to finger food, if you will (to add insult to injury, the finger food was kind of disgusting. It stank the room out, and smelt a bit like sick, which is a not unusual smell at fashion shows, but hardly the effect Edun was going for).

Bonos' words after the outburst I can't remember; they're an embarrassing blur of middle-aged Irish malehood getting into a bit of a tizzy while its mortified wife looks in the other direction. (Besides, I was too distracted by the sight of one fashionista in front of me suddenly repenting of her ways and darting around to claw at the arm of another bulimichic while hissing "that's you he's talking about! That means you!!") Having delivered his diatribe to previously-indifferent-and-now-sniggering ears, Bono then muttered the requisite Irish parting shot about going off to get very drunk, and a VIP area consisting of Weathered Graham, Helena Christensen, "Lindsay Lohan's Mother" (whose presence Bono felt obliged to mention onstage...another classy moment) and...oh, that was sort of it, really. The fashionistas raced for their goodie bags, the free mojitos dried up and everybody went back to not giving a crap about Africa. And that was Bono's Fashion Week. Funny thing is, the Edun clothes, stocked in Saks Fifth Avenue among other places, actually aren't bad; some of them, at least. Maybe if they'd opted for a runway show instead of a running commentary on balding muso insecurity, the whole thing wouldn't have been such a fiasco. Then again, if they'd done that, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun....

update: Alright, alright. If all you bloggorites are going to come over here pointing and laughing at poor old Bono, I suppose the least I can do is direct you to the bloody ONE site. There you can buy something new to go along with your Twink t-shirt. You're still not going to look as hot as Seal in it, though. What? Oh, right, Matteo from In America, whatever. And stop muttering about how $40 could get you a Ryanair flight to Lesotho to pick up one of the t-shirts for yourself. It's for charity. Next up: an Edun t-shirt in aid of Damien Rice's self-esteem.

another obsessive update: Open All Night has the exact quote, which is hardly any heavier on the peaches-and-cream than my approximation: “Take your fucking finger food and fuck off!” quoth Bono. And if you really want to hammer this story to death (like, er, me), read the squeaky-clean version of events at RTE online, which recounts The Bon’s sick-inducing endorsement of Rice’s genius in all its hilarious, overblown detail. So Damo can “still and distil the crowds into quiet reflection,” can he? Not this crowd. He should have tried bribing them with a Birkin bag.

Posted by hesitant hack at 7:59 PM

Labels: bono, New York

Trivia #223:

Beninese singer Angelique Kidjo visited the Department of State. Ms. Kidjo spoke with the Bureau of African Affairs about growing up in Benin, her musical career, and her work with UNICEF. As a UNICEF goodwill ambassador, Ms. Kidjo is focused on improving and expanding education for girls in Africa; the Bureau hopes to partner with Ms. Kidjo in pursuing this important goal. Attendees also learned an interesting bit of trivia. Apparently, U2 front man Bono regularly wakes up to Angelique Kidjo's voice; Bono's wife, Ali Hewson, is a huge fan of Angelique's music.

I'm not surprised that Ali love Angelique Kidjo's voice - it is truly one of the most beautiful and haunting female voices in music today.

If anyone has never heard Angelique's voice before, try this site:

http://ayemusic.free.fr/

And remember - tomorrow is the 60th anniversary of the "Trick or Treat for UNICEF" campaign.

So if you see a trick or treater coming up to your house with a little orange UNICEF box - please give generously.

It will help a child in the developing world to have a chance at a better life and it will encourage in the trick or treater a sense of concern for those less fortunate.

Thanks for the info on Angelique. :applaud:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I dont know how accurate the remarks in this article are, but I find it very very funny. :laugh:

Sunday, September 17, 2006
The Unforgettable Ire: Bono's Fashion Week Tantrum

Posted by hesitant hack at 7:59 PM

Labels: bono, New York

:lmao: Man I hope that's true!!!!!

He may have lost his temper, so what, he's still a Rock Star and may have been in a bad mood.
Apart from that, I still find the writer's remarks about him and the whole event rather spiteful and not funny at all.

good on him for telling them off, i would have done the same

i agree last unicorn the writers comments wern't nice at all and i think its very rude to try and make a joke about something that is helping out people

Yes, he is a rock star and that makes him God almighty. I think that he should visit shrink from time to time, honestly. I should do that either, no question about it. But, i think that the writer made his point about his vulnerable ego. There are surely other ways to attract people to Edun. I am sure that Ali was delighted, also.

I think the writer made it perfectly clear that he does not care very much about Bono or what he is doing. Maybe the people there were really annoying. I would have reacted the same, who knows. He's human and he might have had a bad day. Maybe not a good way to express your feelings, but still I don't see it as a free ticket of (even more) Bono bashing. We all have our problems and he's human and no exception. It's very easy and convenient to critisize someone who is famous and in the public eye.

Unicorn, i got your point and you are right. Thing is: I think that Bono is out of control sometimes and all this charity thing....i dont know. Why Chrissy Hyde of Pretenders do it quietly? Why is he the most exposed person when it comes to charity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom