Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised, which company is doing well in the middle of the crisis? And Edun stuff is luxury, it's expensive. People don't spend money on that right now. I hope they'll do better in the future, though.

can_can_dancers_chernobyl_fundraiser_2006_800x600.jpg

Can-Can Dancers with Adi Roche, Patrick Bergin, Ali Hewson and Monica Loughman. Chernobyl Gala Fundraiser 06

Laura, thank you for posting that article. A very enjoyable read. They have such a bond and ahh, what a life they lead. I think I belong in Ireland, lol...

It's unfortunate that the clothes are not marketable to a wider audience. I fully believe in and support their ideas. I'd love to be able to say I buy Edun regularly but that is not the case. I really hope they recover and begin to thrive.

Well I havent been here in ages (a year?) and I see Ali propelling down the side of a building..guess I have been missing alot! Yikes!:ohmy:

BONO'S 'INDEPENDENT' WIFE

U2 frontman Bono is worried his wife of 27 years doesn't need him as much as he needs her.

Bono wishes his wife wasn't so "independent".

The U2 frontman fears his wife of nearly 27 years Ali Hewson doesn't need him as much as he needs her.

The 49-year-old singer said: "Our relationship has changed a lot. For a while I thought I was in charge, I was the hunter-protector.

"A few years ago it became clear somebody else was in charge, and I feel I hold on a lot tighter to her than she does to me, and that slightly bothers me. She's so independent and sometimes I wish she wasn't."

But no matter how bad his personal life got, Bono would never complain because he doesn't think "whinging" ever helped anyone.

He told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper: "I can't stand cranks and whingers. My favourite quality is lack of self-pity. I really like people who have none.

"I know people who have just a tiny fragment of difficulty and they spend the rest of their life walking with a limp and I don't think I've had much to overcome in my life.

"When you're a singer in a band, you stick your neck out for a living. You get used to knocks. And I've noticed that the spleen and ire of your enemy usually take them out, not you, so you don't have to do anything."

22 June 2009 05:45:20
Bono - Bono's 'Independent' Wife - Contactmusic News

not reliable: in the site there are the pictures with the assistant (?) saying it's Ali
:down:

O'Callaghan tops Sexiest Legs poll

RTÉ presenter Miriam O'Callaghan has topped a 'Top 100 Sexiest Legs' poll.

The poll in the July issue of Social & Personal magazine placed actress Kiera Chaplin second, 'Dancing on Ice' star Zoe Salmon third, actress Alison Doody fourth and singer Laura Izibor fifth.

The Top 10 was completed by: singer Róisín Murphy (sixth), 'The Clinic' stars Amy Huberman and Leigh Arnold (seventh and ninth respectively), charity campaigner Ali Hewson (eighth) and singer Dolores O'Riordan (tenth).
Advertisement

O'Callaghan's show, 'Saturday Night with Miriam', is on RTÉ One at 9.20pm this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom