Ali pics part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonosd1.jpg

sellafield.jpg

Good choice, SD. What a beautiful smile!!

On the subject of Ali, I haven't seen this anywhere else, so I'll type it here. Some more news about EDUN, from The Toronto Star:

U2 Can Wear Bono

For all the U2 fans out there who have been wanting to get into Bono's pants, here's your chance. The charismatic singer and his wife Ali Hewson are collaborating with Rogan Jeans to launch a line called Edun (nude spelled backward).
The fair-trade collection will use eco-friendly materials and promote commerce in developing nations. "Commerce not charity" is the company's primary aim.
"Ethical consumption is going to be on our minds more than ever before", says Barbara Atkin, fashion director of Holt Renfrew where Edun will launch in spring 2005.
"That's what our buyers are looking at now when they go to designers' showrooms. They are not just concerned with colours and styles. They are asking, 'What else do you do as a company'".

Thanks Biff. LOL--I just tried to shrink it to the required size but apparently my software doesn't do that. I'll see waht I can figure out. :huh:

sd

Bono’s Designing Woman

Bono's got quite a busy year ahead of him given all his new U2 commitments, but his wife Ali has no intention of twiddling her thumbs while her man’s away making music. (The U2 world tour kicks off in Florida on March 1; check out our Craic pages for more.)

Ali is hard at work on her own clothing line which she’ll call Edin. Set to launch next year, the garments are going to be made by fair trade workers — i.e., no mass production sweatshops involved — and they’ll include casual items like jeans and sweaters.

Mrs. Hewson, 43, wore a pair of her Edin jeans to a recent function in Dublin, according to a report in the Sunday Independent. “These jeans are just as nice as any designer pair of jeans, and yet there is the added bonus of knowing that they are fair trade,” she said. Prada and Versace watch out!

An A-list designer is reportedly helping Ali craft her line, which will hopefully make its way to U.S. stores early in the New Year. Maybe her husband and his U2 colleagues will wear the designs during their tour.

“She’s looking at a new way of doing business in apparel,” Bono said a while back of Ali’s plans. “It may be one of the biggest brands in the next few years, so watch out.”

Ali Hewson really is the antithesis of a rock star wife. She’s heavily involved in charity work in Ireland, and raising the four children she and Bono have. All the profits from Edin will go towards wages and insurance benefits for the fair trade workers in the Third World that produce the items.

Last week in Dublin, Ali and her partner in the Chernobyl Children’s Project, former Irish presidential candidate Adi Roche, launched a line of Christmas cards designed by some of Ireland’s leading artists. Again, all proceeds will go to various children’s charities, including the Chernobyl effort.

Kelly Ahern is the shit! Kelly Ahern is the shit!

You have the best pictures, Kelly. Keep it up, it is appreciated!
A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-E-D!

beli said:

Just thought I would mention that that expression doesnt translate well internationally.

Just in case you ever travel, you know. :D

Yeah, first time I heard it I thought it was weird and coulden't understand it but now I do. Me is a slow learner.... :D It still sounds weird when someone says it though.... :shifty:

beli said:

Just thought I would mention that that expression doesnt translate well internationally.

Just in case you ever travel, you know. :D

:laugh:

Kel, have you started reading that book on web design you bought?

I'll start working on our plan as soon as I get my computer back ( I'm at a call centre at the moment) and my ma gets back from hospital.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

:laugh:

Kel, have you started reading that book on web design you bought?

I'll start working on our plan as soon as I get my computer back ( I'm at a call centre at the moment) and my ma gets back from hospital.

not yet :reject:

I really, really, really promise to look this weekend :) I know I said that last weekend too :reject:

Is your mom okay? :(

lol...don't worry, Kel. There's no rush! :D

Yeah, my ma is alright. She went into hospital for a programmed surgery that's related to the one she had in June. Fortunately, she's in good form and she's recovering quickly.

Thanks for asking. :hug:

annj said:
I can relate to Bono and Ali being so touchy feelly with each other, like they got their own little private world, no one else can intrude on and feel quite comfortable displaying it in public.. you don't have to be young to be in love.. believe me I know as I am just 3 years younger than Bono:love:

That's so cool. :) Congratulations! I've been
with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years and although it's not long in the grand scheme of things, it's the longest relationship I've had so far. People like yourself remind us what it's all about. :love:

Last edited:
Jamila said:
I admire and respect Ali Hewson's unflinching sense of personal identity and social responsibility. :wink:

She has never allowed anyone to confine her or define her whether in her personal relationship or her humanitarian activities.

Her success in life revolves around her ability to stay above whatever fray she currently finds herself in and to walk down the paths in life that SHE chooses. :up:

I think she has been an amazing spouse to Bono and a truly wonderful mother, not to mention the thousands of children's futures which have been improved due to her humanitarian efforts.

Thank you, Ali. :hug:

I got angry recently because I saw a message on some website, referring to Ali, saying "there's nothing worse than a bored rock wife who has nothing better to do than pretend to care about charities" etc. This person obviously knew nothing about Ali, assummed that she was nothing more than 'Mrs Bono', and didn't bother trying to find out anything about the lady or what she stands for. Grrr. :mad: :mad:

Regardless of the facts of this particular case that kind of talk pisses me off. I used to work for a charity and would sometimes hear similar comments about some of our "volunteer fundraisers"

As long as the moneys coming in I dont really care if the "Ladies Who Lunch" believe in the cause or not. Most volunteers end up fundraising from their mates ie hassling their friends to come to events, donate etc.

More people fundraising = more friends = more money :up:

Apart from Bono - Ali is an accomplished and amazing woman.

Next to Bono - she's the most fortunate woman in the world.:wink:

I'm sure you all would agree. I bet she does too.

THANK YOU, ALI....:hug:

Oh okay, yes that makes sense. I was reading it like Bono is the most fortunate person in the world and Alis the second most fortunate.

But yes, what you said makes more sense.

cookiemonster.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom