Ali pics part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These not showing up for anyone else? :(

Always lovin new Ali. Man is she my goddess. When will someone interview her or again or something? :D :hyper:

SD

kellyahern said:

288076ef.jpg

^ :cute:

OMG! That pic has to be one of the cutest pics I have ever seen! :love:

I'd love to get the chance to talk to Ali again. She's so cool!

Thank you, kelly, for these new pics of Bono and Ali in St. Tropez - they are beautiful! :yes:

I honestly can not express how wonderful it makes me feel to see these two so relaxed and enjoying each other.

Bono and Ali's relationship has been through SO MUCH through the years that it is a MIRACLE that they are still together.

:wink:

May Bono and Ali continue to experience as many special moments together as possible so that they (and their children) will have CHERISHED MEMORIES to keep with them while they must be apart from each other. :hug:

GOD BLESS THE HEWSONS ! :angel: :up:

u2granny said:
They're not showing up for me either.

Sorry guys, I don't know what's wrong :reject: Maybe photobucket is acting up :scratch: , I didn't post them any differently than I normally do :(

If they don't show up for you guys by this evening, let me know and I'll post the password for my photobucket album again (the pics are at the beginning of the album)

:wave:

Yay - a new Ali-thread! :applaud:

kellyahern said:

:ohmy: Bono wearing jeans!!! :hyper: :faint: (Okay, so maybe I'm overreacting a little... lol)

On a more serious note - ditto to everything posted about Ali and Bono being a sweet and beautiful couple! :yes: It's wonderful to see two people who look and act like they're still as much in love as they were when they first set eyes on eachother over 20 years ago... They are a beautiful example to us all :heart:

I wonder what a body language expert would say on a majority of photos of Bono and Ali. They predicted that Halle Berry and her husband would split up, and they predicted that Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise would split up- which I didn't believe until a few years later....when they did split. They seem to be right about most couples. I wonder what they would say about Bono and Ali?
If I were an expert I would say about the ones of Bono kissing Ali, is that she is pulling or holding back, mainly because she is a private person and it is straining for her to express such emotion publicly, also that Bono is clearly the one that adores her and seems like he needs her more than she needs him.
Look at the way Bono guides Ali down to the boat, now that is only expressing that he puts his wife first before anything. That is true respect.
This is a one in a million case of true love.

greety said:

that's what he sings in one of his songs and he is not afraid to show it

:heart: :cute:

"Spanish Eyes" :wink:

...And I need you more
More, than you need me, yeah...

xtal said:
he needs her more than she needs him.

That's b/c Bono is a boy and Ali is a girl. :D

:shifty: :reject:

And along with the Spanish Eyes line, one concert I have he actually sings it "I need you more than you need me, Ali".

Anyway, love the pics! And Ali's pink sundress (and isn't that a swim suit top underneath? cute colors!)

Last edited:
xtal said:
I wonder what a body language expert would say on a majority of photos of Bono and Ali. They predicted that Halle Berry and her husband would split up, and they predicted that Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise would split up- which I didn't believe until a few years later....when they did split. They seem to be right about most couples. I wonder what they would say about Bono and Ali?
If I were an expert I would say about the ones of Bono kissing Ali, is that she is pulling or holding back, mainly because she is a private person and it is straining for her to express such emotion publicly, also that Bono is clearly the one that adores her and seems like he needs her more than she needs him.
Look at the way Bono guides Ali down to the boat, now that is only expressing that he puts his wife first before anything. That is true respect.
This is a one in a million case of true love.

I just finished reading the new book by Neil McCormick. (I've posted a couple of fairly long quotes from it in the "Every Artist" section of this forum.) Anyway, at one point he is describing the photo shoot which features Bono holding a burning copy of Hot Press, and then goes on to address the issue of Ali's demeanor in photos with her husband. Here's the quote:

Afterwards, at Bono's behest, he posed for some photos with his girlfriend, Bono with his white shirt buttoned up to the neck, Ali in a flowery print dress. You don't see them often photographed together and perhaps these rare photos illustrate why. Bono is at ease with the camera, alternately playing to it and ignoring it completely, while Ali, as beautiful as she is, looks distinctly uncomfortable, either watching the camera with wary distrust or watching Bono perform with an air of suspicious curiosity. Ali was never a seeker of the limelight. She loved Bono (of that there could be no doubt). Everybody loved Bono. He was such a charismatic force and he always seemed to have so much love to give, enveloping everyone in the room around him, whether it was a small photo studio or a huge rock venue. But Ali loved something different about him than the rest of us did, something vulnerable and unshowy, lurking deep within the extrovert exterior.

Great book! By the way, can anyone post the photos McCormick is referring to? I've seen them here many times. Thanks!

Just to continue with this briefly, on the subject of Bono's "vulnerable" side, McCormick writes about how the death of Bono's mother left a hole in Bono's "soul", if you will.
Today is the 30th anniversary of Iris Hewson's death.

biff said:

By the way, can anyone post the photos McCormick is referring to? I've seen them here many times. Thanks!

Sorry to bump my own post (how lame is that?), but is there no one who remembers the pictures that McCormick describes? I know I have seen them here many times. His comments add tremendous insight to those snaps.

Kelly! Thanks so much for posting those pictures! I think that McCormick provides tremendous insight into those pics, and I was beginning to feel as if not a single person had read his remarks. :up:

I just got the book in the mail yesterday and read it in its entirety (it's fantastic, btw) and it does offer a unique perspective.

I love Bono and Ali. So much in love.

bonoalilove-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom