Ali not to run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
22-04-02
The Bono's shy away from Irish Politics...

Bono's wife Ali Hewson has spoken exclusively about rumours that she is to make a move into politics.

It was rumoured that Ali was to join the Labour Party and run against President Mary McAleese in the next Irish presidential election.

The rumors started after Ali launched her campaign to shut the Sellafield nuclear power plant last month.

Speaking in the Mater hospital last week, where The Corrs joined her, Ali admitted that it would be an honour for her to be asked but she simply did not have the time.

"I don't have time to be president. I'm not even qualified to be the president of Ireland. It would be a great honor but the Labour party have not even asked me. That was just a press rumor. I don't think anyone in the Labour party would be serious about that for even a minute. Anyway, I think Mary McAleese can still keep the job for another seven years when her first term is up. Once no-one opposes her" she said.

As Ali is married to the great political messiah of the charity world it was only natural to ask her if Bono had ever seriously talked about running for the Presidents job?

"No, way. He has always said he would never move to a smaller house for anything" she joked.

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-21-2002).]

Thanx for the article! Although I would've been greatly entertained by the idea of Bono being first husband or whatever you wanna call it, mad props to Ali and the Shut Sellafield campaign. I must admit, 6 months ago, I'd never heard of Sellafield.

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

I'm not surprised.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
22-04-02
"I don't have time to be president."

Hey, who does these days?
tongue.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

"No, way. He has always said he would never move to a smaller house for anything" she joked.

LOL!
biggrin.gif

Can you imagine him in a smaller house with those four kids and two of them pubescent girls?!$# <horror>

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Originally posted by the_fly2002:
Awww, that poor little boy, luckily there's SuperAli to save the day? LOL j/k. She really is a remarkable woman.[/B]

Yes, I felt so bad for that poor little boy. I guess we can understand why she is so involved with the cause. It is really sad.

Alright Ali! I got to hand it to her, she's one classy lady. With four kids, I doubt she'd have time to run for office LOL, although that would be cool.

Bono and Ali, aren't they sweet? I think Ali looks really pretty here, and Bono, is hot as always

ali17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom