Ali Hewson admits - "All I Want Is You"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Bono's wife Ali Hewson has revealed how her marriage has survived all the media pressure and competitive models!
Ali has said her marriage has overcome all odds and survived. She met Bono aged 15 and married him at 22. They will next month celebrate 24 years of wedded bliss.

'Whatever we have is working. There is no competition with supermodels'. Ali said when the couple got married 'the deal was' she wanted to look after the children and the home and he was to do the talking!

Ali only tried to step into the limelight to support The Chernobyl Childrens Charity or to promote her ethical fashion label Edun.

Ali%20Hewson.jpg

Yes! Thank you Flavia, I had no idea they had been married that long.
19d8.jpg

1champagne.gif

To Bono and Ali, two people who still love each other very much after all those years is truly special.

:hmm: I thought Bono and Ali married in '82... that'd make Ali 21....
wich is 24 years...
it was august 21 right? the day Bob Hewson died aswell...

bonowedding3jy.jpg

:cute:

JCOSTER said:
Started dating my husband after I just turned 16 on August 22nd 1982 and we will be together (only married for 15) for 24 years too!

Congrats to ya JCOSTER!!!:wink: :applaud:

It's a great accomplishment these days.. when you find somthing that works. Me and hubby just celebrated 10yrs married last month and have been together 13 yrs. In fact, August 21st is the anniversary of our very first date...:wink:

A BIG CONGRATS TO BONO AND ALI!!:applaud: Two very special people who were meant to be together.

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:
Yes! Thank you Flavia, I had no idea they had been married that long.
19d8.jpg

1champagne.gif

To Bono and Ali, two people who still love each other very much after all those years is truly special.

Can't say it enough how amazing they look together.
I just celebrated my 23rd anniversary on June 18.

iwish.jpg

Cheers to both of them. They're a wonderful example of a couple that make it work.
In this day and age with the rate of divorce and people changing partners at the drop of a hat, especially in the world of celebrities, for Bono and Ali to have such a rock-solid marriage is to be applauded.
Nobody's perfect, and it's not like we are trying to say they are perfect, but they're doing a lot of things right, and they are amazing role models for their children.

I love any thread that mentions Ali's great qualities! Thanks for posting it!

I've been married 31 years--we've known each other since the 5th grade. I guess being friends matters the most. Congrats to Ali & Bono my other favorite couple! You can see love in their eyes when they look at each other. :heart:

I should have mentioned this earlier, but congrats to all of you who are celebrating wonderful anniversaries!! JCoster 24!! U2Fanatic 10 yrs!!, Hidy 23!!, Bono's Doll 31!!! :applaud: Sweet!!
Much more happiness in the coming years.

And to all single/divorced gals out there, (me included) cheers too for being independent women who make a difference in other people's lives by loving and caring for others too. ;)

Oh well, let's just cheer for all women in general, especially Ali and all Plebans :wink: !

(Hope all my "cheering" here isn't annoying too many people :reject: )

Last edited:
A shout out to anyone who has been married a really long time congrats its alot of hard work, but so worth it with the right person.

An a shout out to all the independent moms (my mom was a single working mom in the 60's).

:bow: :bow: :applaud:

Wow all these Interferencers who have been married for so long and have made things work for the long haul, just like Ali and Bono! Congratulations to all of you! It is no easy feat and I commend you all. I was married 17 yrs until my separation then divorce final 5 yrs later. I've been independent nearly 10 years now and I am very comfortable with that.

It is so sad how many unions do NOT last, so those of you who are still going strong, keep it up! :applaud:

....and an early Happy Anniversary to the Hewsons!

Ali and Bono are quite a pair. I'd love to have the kind of relationship they have one day :cute:

And a big congrats to everyone who's been married so long. Good job :applaud: No easy task in this day and age.

seajewel said:
My husband and I will be married 20 years in October, we are going to be celebrating at the Clarence, can't wait!!:heart:

Big Congrats to ya!!! And what a GREAT PLACE TO CELEBRATE!! We stayed at the Clarence 2 years ago and it was a wonderful experience and well worth the money! Those beds are so comfy and with egyptian cotton sheets too..:drool: You are going at a good time of year..after high season and while weather is mild... We went at the beginning of September and it was in the 60s with couple days of rain during our 2 week stay. We rented a car and scoped out the bottom half of ireland. Flew into Dublin and fly back out of Shannon.

Enjoy your stay there...

It really is hard to find that one person to have "forever" with. Really admire those who are lucky enough to have this. Congratulations to all of you Interferencers who are experiencing this happy bliss :) :hug:

The Hewsons,what an incredibly sweet love story :cute:

Well - yes they have made it this long. But don't go about thinking that Bono has been faithful and they have had a eprfect marriage. Anyone with half a brain knows he has pushed the faithful boundary one too many times. 24 years of friendship I say - not "wedded bliss".

Oh and as for the competition - um Christy and Naomi are a billion times better looking than Ali.

banjo said:
Well - yes they have made it this long. But don't go about thinking that Bono has been faithful and they have had a eprfect marriage. Anyone with half a brain knows he has pushed the faithful boundary one too many times. 24 years of friendship I say - not "wedded bliss".

yeah that's true - but no need to say it like that.

And you're basing this "pushing of the faithful boundary one too many times" on what? Their obvious coolness towards each other? Those countless nasty tabloid reports? Her staying in the relationship only in order to further her own career?

Or was that some other couple(s), and not them?

Pathetic.

:| :eyebrow:

kafrun said:

um that's all that counts too :|

Yup. Clearly, to some people, supermodel looks are way more important than natural beauty, intelligence and moral commitment. Maybe those are the afore-mentioned people with only "half a brain".

biff said:

Yup. Clearly, to some people, supermodel looks are way more important than natural beauty, intelligence and moral commitment. Maybe those are the afore-mentioned people with only "half a brain".
Maybe Ali ought to leave the kids with a nanny more often and spend more time getting botox, boob jobs, trendy clothes, etc. :blahblah: I'm just saying.. a few scandelous covers on US Weekly would up her profile a bit. Drive with a kid on your lap, hit a maid, SOMETHING.

andromeda said:

yeah that's true - but no need to say it like that.

Um - who are you?

As for all you morons who want to know my proof:

I was in Brazil for Popmart - the gir Bono brought up on stage - (he tongue kissed her on stage by the way) I saw her go to his hotel room after the concert. So...yeah that's why I have this love hate thing for Bono. I have heard other rumour - Andrea Corr, kissing fans on lips after concerts, Bono admitting it in the Bill Flanagan book. Ask yourselves this: if your boyfriend grabbed girls butts, kissed them on the lips, took a fan into their hotel room (and stayed at leased a few hours with her), admitted it in books etc - oh yeah you'd like that!

Some people are so deluded - yeah Bono and Ali - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you miserable fucks!

banjo said:
Oh and as for the competition - um Christy and Naomi are a billion times better looking than Ali.

:eyebrow: The pictures you always see of naomi and christy are taken from catwalks etc where they will obviously look perfect. Most of the ali pictures we have are of her just on the street, looking normal yet still beautiful, without makeup. That says something.
Long live Bono and Ali!:heart:

partygirlvox said:

:eyebrow: The pictures you always see of naomi and christy are taken from catwalks etc where they will obviously look perfect. Most of the ali pictures we have are of her just on the street, looking normal yet still beautiful, without makeup. That says something.
Long live Bono and Ali!:heart:

Yeah and the ones we see of her at premiers - still a complete dog! My brothers have all said she's ugly!

banjo said:

Yeah and the ones we see of her at premiers - still a complete dog! My brothers have all said she's ugly!

Who are you anyway?The only ugliness i see is yours. And there is enough ugliness in the world. You dont need to contribute.
I wont even TRY to explain what is beauty to someone like you.

Back
Top Bottom