Ali at Dublin Zoo today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tootty86

War Child
I thought i'd make a new thread for these because they're beautiful.
Its Ali and it says Jon? at Dublin Zoo with Adi Roche and children from Chernobyl.
Click to enlarge

I hope they havent been posted somewhere else. If they have please merge or delete this one or something.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks! I'm actually jealous of those kids b/c I saw some herds of giraffe in the wild in Tanzania, but we didn't get to touch them and feed them!

Cool! Great pics! And good taste in sunglasses, Ali. I have a pair that look like that.
spy.gif

MissMaCo said:
I love zoos :drool:
I actually hate zoos. I hate seeing the animals caged. If it were just injured animals who couldn't fend for themselves in their own world, I might be able to tolerate it. But it's sad to see these wild animals pacing and being on display. This isn't saying anything against people who go to them. It's just the way I feel about seeing the animals. It makes me sad. I can't go. Last time I went was in '87 in Seattle. Never again. :( Okay...
back2topicnod.gif

Scissors... it is the only word that comes to mind... :yikes:

Thanks for the pics though! :wink:

BONO'ppetit said:
I actually hate zoos. I hate seeing the animals caged. If it were just injured animals who couldn't fend for themselves in their own world, I might be able to tolerate it. But it's sad to see these wild animals pacing and being on display. This isn't saying anything against people who go to them. It's just the way I feel about seeing the animals. It makes me sad. I can't go. Last time I went was in '87 in Seattle. Never again. :( Okay...

True, although many zoos run successful breeding programs for endangered animals. I've been watching some shows on cheetahs, my new favorite animal, and apparently the cheetah gene pool in the wild is not very good b/c cheetahs almost went extinct during the last ice age so only a few survived. They showed this by checking the sperm count of a wild, healthy male cheetah and his sperm count was 1/10th that of a domestic house cat and most of the sperm were abnormal or did not swim. Cheetah's are endangered again, but there are a few zoo programs that are helping to breed them and strengthen their gene pool while figuring out ways to strengthen the wild cheetah population. :up:

You're welcome. Everybody is so nice here - i love PLEBA!!
By the way kelly, the email hasnt come through yet:|

MrsSpringsteen said:
She looks gorgeous - she appears to be posing for those, so maybe it was for the Chernobyl project and she allowed those photos
She poses for a lot of pics. She seems to be very cordial to the paparazzi and wanna-be's. :)

kellyahern said:

:yes: It was for the CCP summer program.

Hehe, this reminded me of late last night, I spent an hour saving Ali pics for the new site and came across a few that said CCP and it took me almost the entire hour before I realized that was Chernobyl Childrens Project and NOT CCCP like the former Soviet Union (it used to say CCCP in the back of their gymnastics warm-ups). :der:

tootty86 said:
That is really funny Livluv:lol: Easy mistake to make!!

Yeah...though I felt pretty dumb b/c it's not a mistake someone my age is likely to make (I'm 20 so most people my age have no reason to remember the CCCP).

Back
Top Bottom