Ali and Bono serious about $14.7 million NY pad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
3373%3A8%3A323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3C69%3D6%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E2323389978775ot1lsi

Homes is certainly where the heart is for Ali hewson and Bono, which might explain why they are "seriously thinking" about splashing out $ 14.7 million for a two-bedroom apartment overlooking Central Park in New York. Ali, who confirmed the story for us, didn't explain what they will do with the $3.4 million apartment bought there in 2001. but it does make you wonder about the brouhaha over the Double Edge question to Bono concerning the apartment, at the Meteor awards press conference last month. ( Let's hope that questions will be allowed when Bono addresses the World Newspaper Congress in dublin in June.) But that's water under the bridge over troubled waters ( or whatever it is they say), and charity does begin at homes.

Last weekend, Ali and Paul kelly ( BT MD, as if he needed letters after his name) announced that January's Brown Thomas fashion show raised an incredible ? 670.000 for charity. And let's not forget ( and thankfully she doesn't) the charity that's closest to Ali's heart - next Saturday being the 17th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear explosion.

Ali, Bono, concert promoter Denis Desmon and 2 irish dentists are running the Tooth Fairy Ball, which will be held at the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, on May 23rd to raise ? 200.000 for a dental clinic in Africa.

Not surprising then, after the charity party's over, Ali and Bono need to retreat ( for Gallic a shrug or two, no doubt) to their French home, where they spend every summer. Ah Bono, forget taking Manhattan. You need only look at your wife for a lesson in the nobility of meritocracy.

That's a BIG chunk of their $108m million fortune. I wouldn't do it for such a small property. If I spent that much (if I HAD it!) I'd want a huge estate, not a small apartment, no way! :no: 2 bedrooms and 4 kids, not even practical!

damn that is alot of money!
But shit...it's NY. What do you expect?
Toilets run for about a million in that city! :lol:

Wow... some great news for the New Yorkers out there :yes:
:wave: Way to improve our quality of life Bono! :wink:

I'd gladly climb over mountains of trash for you! :lol: :lol: :sexywink: ... and there's a lot of trash in NYC...

Last edited:
14.7 million for 2 bedrooms! That's kinda ridiculous, especially with 4 kids. But that'd be great if they lived in NY full time, b/c I live right near the city(well, sort of). OMG-Bono would be living in the same state as me all the time! yay! I might run into him b/c there are only about 7 million people n the city- anything's possibile, right?

Sorry if all my posts are weird today, I haven't had a lot of sugar b/c of Lent & I ate too much today now that I can. Can anybody say Sugar Rush Time?

For that much money, maybe there are some rooms that they can make into bedrooms. That's probably what they'll do. At least that's what I would do if it was me.

:yes:

a 2-bedroom pad on central park west is about the size of a normal 5-bedroom apartment anywhere else

14.7 sounds about right for such a location... the entire region, not just manhattan, has obsurd real estate prices...
the house across the street from me, in a middle-class town on the north shore of long island, about a 30 minute car ride from the city, went for $425,000... and our house is twice the size... and no one would mistake our house for a mansion, that's for damn sure... 2 story, 2 bathroom, 4 bedroom house... if my parents were to sell it today it would probably go for 6-7 mill... absolutely rediculous. and we've got people out there who still say the economy is bad... get yourself out of tech stocks and into real estate

good thing they don't actually have to spend 14 million to get it. Imagine if i had the money to buy my house for what it's worth. Jeez I'd have retired by now.

It's being reported in at least one of the New York papers (I think it's the Post) that Bono is not, in fact, buying the apartment. It sounds like, uh, quite a nice pad but apparently someone else is nabbing the thing.

Back
Top Bottom