Ali 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
africaba00.jpg

africaba01.jpg

Sicy said:
Isnt this supposed to be an Ali picture thread? :|

That question should have been asked a long time ago in this thread. :ohmy:

And I ask people to consider one idea: how do you think Ali would act toward someone who has done something they probably shouldn't herself?

Do you think she would publicly try to humiliate the person and do everything she could to stone them into the ground?

Or would she THE BETTER PERSON and either ignore the wrongdoer or attempt to reason with the wrongdoer to stop what they are doing?

I think she would choose the second choice.

And I think she would be appalled at people who claim to love and respect her so much acting like people have in a thread named for her. :tsk:

I bet she would say that the bitterness and meanness in some of your hearts are much worse than the wrong that the person (s) who you're targeting has ever done.

Ali can forgive and forget - what makes some of you better than her?

I think she would be appalled at the nastiness in a thread that bears her name. :yes:

Jamila said:

And I ask people to consider one idea: how do you think Ali would act toward someone who has done something they probably shouldn't herself?

Do you think she would publicly try to humiliate the person and do everything she could to stone them into the ground?

Or would she THE BETTER PERSON and either ignore the wrongdoer or attempt to reason with the wrongdoer to stop what they are doing?

And I think she would be appalled at people who claim to love and respect her so much acting like people have in a thread named for her. :tsk:

I bet she would say that the bitterness and meanness in some of your hearts are much worse than the wrong that the person (s) who you're targeting has ever done.

I think she would be appalled at the nastiness in a thread that bears her name. :yes:

Do you post this stuff and then just sit back and laugh your ass off? I'm honestly not sure if you are joking half the time.

Since we're speculating here, as usual, I think she would LAUGH HER ASS OFF at half of the things you post about! You've met BONO as much as I have, which is really not more than 2 seconds at a time. As far as I know, you've never claimed to have "met" Ali before. So quit with your comments about how Ali would be appalled. You have no clue how she, or BONO for that matter, would react to anything in this world.

"Oh woe is me.....I bet she would say that the bitterness and meanness in some of your hearts are much worse than the wrong that the person (s) who you're targeting has ever done." :rolleyes:

Jamila said:

More than anything, Jamila, I'd have to agree with arw and say that Ali would laugh her ass off at this first grade drama. If you even bothered to read most of the comments in relation to the debacle anyway, rather than focus on those speculating about you, you would've noticed that people were more irritated with someone pretending to be Ali and having exactly the attitude you have shown everyone on this thread that you have in copious amounts.

I'm a long time lurker on interference, but your pretentious holier than thou attitude towards some of my good friends and many others on this board has done you no favours. :down:

Say what you want, Jamila, I really have no comments on the Myspace thing since I didn't even have a chance to see it before it was removed, but I find your post rather ironic considering that in another thread where I tried explaining to people that certain pictures posted of Ali and the kids had explicitly been requested byt the powers that be NOT to be posted all over the 'net, you repeatedly defended those posting the pictures, even after I "reasoned with the wrongdoers". I'm sure Ali would really appreciate that. :huh:

I'm sure you'll just go ahead and ignore this comment like any comment I make that has any amount of sense or credibility. The truth is, you don't know Ali and you don't know what she approves and disapproves of. Not that it really matters because no one expects you to know, but it's kinda funny when you post these judgments of other people after behaving in ways that WERE against Ali's wishes.

Anyway, I'd hate to see this thread closed because of another conspiracy theory.

I know I'm a newer member on Interference, and still getting to know many of you. I love and so enjoy your posts, photos, links and such. You are all amazing at providing many fans with wonderful information all the time. So I certainly don't have any intentions on offending anybody, but recently this thread seems to have gone sour. The Ali thread is one of my favorites that I come back to again and again, because I have such great respect for Ali and all she does.
So could you guys please handle your disagreements and such maybe through PM messages and leave them off this thread please?
I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes. Certainly wasn't my intention.

thankyou said:

So could you guys please handle your disagreements and such maybe through PM messages

If we keep quiet then Jamila will continue to go around posting her self righteous posts, knocking others down and trying to boost herself up. I'm tired of her bullying people and having everyone sit back and not say anything because they are affraid to. The Ali thread is an ongoing thread. If it gets locked because of a few comments, I'm sure you can start a new one.

I see these comments no different then the the countless "he's HAWT" comments that enter every thread. So, talking about hot Bono is respectful in a thread about Ali, or even Africa? Think about it. He's on a serious trip and all some people have to say is he's hot.

thankyou said:
I know I'm a newer member on Interference, and still getting to know many of you. I love and so enjoy your posts, photos, links and such. You are all amazing at providing many fans with wonderful information all the time. So I certainly don't have any intentions on offending anybody, but recently this thread seems to have gone sour. The Ali thread is one of my favorites that I come back to again and again, because I have such great respect for Ali and all she does.
So could you guys please handle your disagreements and such maybe through PM messages and leave them off this thread please?
I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes. Certainly wasn't my intention.

Yeah, if only people would take this advice to begin with instead of stirring up shit! Unfortunately, when people make such assinine posts as some of the ones in this thread, I can't help but call them out on it. (and I'm not only talking about Jamila. Contrary to what she thinks, I'm not "out to get her" or whatever. This is a message board.)

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

If we keep quiet then Jamila will continue to go around posting her self righteous posts, knocking others down and trying to boost herself up. I'm tired of her bullying people and having everyone sit back and not say anything because they are affraid to. The Ali thread is an ongoing thread. If it gets locked because of a few comments, I'm sure you can start a new one.

I see these comments no different then the the countless "he's HAWT" comments that enter every thread. So, talking about hot Bono is respectful in a thread about Ali, or even Africa? Think about it. He's on a serious trip and all some people have to say is he's hot.

I agree with thankyou here. The whole "two wrongs don't make a right" idea applies. If Jamilia's posts are so offensive to you, you can take it up with a mod or take it up with her via PM. Responding obviously doesn't fix things, does it? It just keeps the bickering alive. :|

As for the comments about Bono's "hotness", who really cares? I said before.. I haven't seen anyone be over the top or offensive in either of these threads. I've seen the odd "drooly" smiley here and there. Not quite the same as "OMG lyke he's SOO hawt, I want to DOOOOOO HIM!!1" Nobody's mocking the seriousness of what he's doing. The two images of him can coexist. :blahblah:

STOP

Sicy said:
Isnt this supposed to be an Ali picture thread? :|

Sicy has already replied in this thread, so the fact that I have to say something in addition to that is not cool.

Get back to simply having fun and posting Ali pics. If any of the other (pardon my language) crap continues, this thread is getting closed.

What type of footgear has Ali chosen for her Africa trip? Is it the platforms or the sleeker pointy toes?
:eyebrow:

This place needs to lighten up a little.
Play nice children---just because you can (be mean) doesn't mean you should.

Oh, for goodness sake!

I REALLY hate to do this...because I know the Ali threads are just an ongoing thread...but #5 is being closed for business.

Normally, spin-off threads aren't allowed from closed threads...and that is still the case. All of the bickering and whatnot will not be allowed to continue in a new thread.

HOWEVER...

If somebody wishes to start an "Ali 6" thread to post pictures of Ali and have some light Ali-related discussion pertaining to said pics...feel free to do so. Just leave the other junk behind.

Sorry to rain on the parade, folks. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom