Ali 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess it's OK if it promotes EDUN and we use pics of her at public functions. But I only hope that we don't get too carried away! But great to promote a worthy cause :) I hope Ali is fine with all this too!

I can't really think of a pic we've posted that either was not from public function or has not already been published in a printed source (exluding those that were the subject of a law suit!).

Concerns for her privacy are genuine, but it's not really fair to say people here are inentionally disrespectful. The purpose of the thread is to respect Ali. All of us having nothing BUT respect for her.:)

I don't think we are being disrespectful at all! I mean, why would these threads be here if we didn't respect the woman? then this would be a bashing Ali thread, and closed within a minute...
these threads are here because we respect her so much!

thankyou said:

I think he meant she never listened to it again on her own, like at home and such. I know she was in the video, but from his tone of voice in the interview I got the impression the song didn't go over as he had hoped or wished.

Just curious though, during which concert have they played the song? I've never seen it on a setlist so far. Of course that doesn't mean they haven't.
:) I know htis is an Ali thread, but I wanted to show you this picture.. Bono and a piano, incredibly rare sight :wink: such a cute smile tho~!
bonosmilingduringsweetestthing.jpg

thankyou said:

Sort of. to me it's more like she has a little spark in her eyes. but then again, you gotta have a mischievious bug in you to marry somebody like Bono. how else could she keep up with him?
So true, so true. That, and a LOT of patience.
Say, I like that short hair on her. granted, it makes her look about 16, but hey. We who are cursed with good genes can't help it. Muhahahaha!

thankyou said:

What is "el corte ingles"? (I know it means "the english cut" in spanish)

El Corte Ingles is a Spanish department store.

Every time I go to Spain, I can't help spending loads of money in there. :shifty: lol

Last edited:
Niamh_Saoirse said:

El Corte Ingles is a Spanish department store.

Every time I go to Spain, I can help spending loads of money in there. :shifty: lol

I wish!! Why am I not living in Europe? I guess I'll just have to blame it on my parents for taking me away from our home in Belgium yrs ago. Even though I was only a kid when I left, I really miss it!

thanks for the info Niamh! I understand you are living in Europe (Ireland?) now, but are from south america?/brazil? or am i mixing you up with someone else? (probably :huh: )

Niamh_Saoirse said:
lol. Yes, that's me. I'm Argentinian but I'm living in Dublin at the moment. :)

well "nice to meet you Niamh!" :wave: Like I said, I'm originally from Belgium (many moons ago), and had a chance to live in Ecuador for about 8 yrs, lived in Africa a few years, and ended up in the US.

Never made it out to Argentina, but had some high school buddy of mine who would go to Buenos Aires for the summer and bring back suitcases full of great stuff. especially leather goods!! I always wished I could go with her & her family. Such a beautiful country too.
I've noticed you always have the best little scoops and updates on U2. Thanks for all of them!
I'm still determined to make it out to europe with my kids some day. It's in one's blood, you know?

Well, thank you again!

^^ wow, you've live all over the globe :ohmy:

How old were you when you left Belgium? What part are you from, north (flemish) or south(french) and do you still know the language??

Sorry for the crossfire of questions but as a Begian, I'm just curious :wink:

I'm also curious:D

There live 10 million people in Belgium but I'm still suprised when someone from feedback (especially PLEBA) is from Belgium. I just don't expect it.

Gracias thankyou!!!you are the first person who answer me on this forum!!!Niamh is in truth, el corte ingles is a deprtamen store, is the only place where we can find Edun clothes. I ask for the photos because there is one, on which Ali is with a famous spanish actor Imanol Arias, and it's a curious photo. Thank you again!!Ah, I have family living in Belgium since 1980.

*sniff* I live in Holland, and we don't have an EDUN store (yet) .. I did hear that some dutch celeb wanted to start a store with also Edun in it, so I hope it'll be there.. amsterdam isn't that far away from here :)

eiren said:
Gracias thankyou!!!you are the first person who answer me on this forum!!!Niamh is in truth, el corte ingles is a deprtamen store, is the only place where we can find Edun clothes. I ask for the photos because there is one, on which Ali is with a famous spanish actor Imanol Arias, and it's a curious photo. Thank you again!!Ah, I have family living in Belgium since 1980.

Oh, she must be talking about the pics from the Marie Claire fashion awards ceremony thingy. You know, the one where she was wearing that long black dress and Anastacia was wearing a bright red dress.

(BTW, why does my brain store so much useless details? lol)

Don't worry anyway, I have heard that Edun clothes are too expensive, altough very beautiful too. I have the possibility to buy edun clothes but I can't! do it!!!

hello Niamh!!yes these are the photos!!! Your memory is pordigious (I don't know if I'm writing correctly), she wore a beautiful black dress (but not a blue velvet dress), but the photo wich I looking for is one with Ali and a man smoking. You are a computer to remember!!

greety said:
^^ wow, you've live all over the globe :ohmy:

How old were you when you left Belgium? What part are you from, north (flemish) or south(french) and do you still know the language??

Sorry for the crossfire of questions but as a Begian, I'm just curious :wink:

no, i don't mind at all. I was about 11 yo when we left. I'm flemish, and I still have a chance to speak it with my sister who also lives here.
are you from the north too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom