Ali 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galeongirl said:
yeah It'd be nice to have an article with just Ali... however, in our paper (de telegraaf, dutch) there was a huge article about EDUN(one page, A3) and it was an interview with rogan and ali, and a teeeeeny bit of Bono, just some quotes... but it was nice :)

Is it online? I'd like to see...

I :lmao: at that part where get gives Bono this sideways /look/. I think it was when they said something about their having a long marriage or something. She was all mischeevious.

Those pics are in U2&I by Anton Corbin. I know that at least most of them are.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Is it online? I'd like to see...

I'm afraid not, *runs downstairs*
it's from the 12th of June... you can search their site if they might have it... I accidentally cut the article in three pieces because I didn't notice that side(on the others there was a review of brussels) so I can't see wich part it was... prolly the 'privé' or 'vrouw' section... it's written by Beertje van beers...
www.telegraaf.nl
good luck!

ER1015_U2_P.jpg

I like Ail's curls in this pic-not sure about Bono's hair-LOL
ee242dd2.jpg

Does anyone know how to enlarge a pic...I really like this one and would like for it to be bigger if possible...
Thanks;)

Thanks for the help guys! She said now that she knows who the photographers are, she can send that to someone else at the paper who's in charge of getting the permissions. She's going to mail me a copy of the issue. If it's in Dutch or Flemish and I can't read it well enough, I'll see if my mom or a another Dutch friend of mine can translate.

Thanks for the help guys! She said now that she knows who the photographers are, she can send that to someone else at the paper who's in charge of getting the permissions. She's going to mail me a copy of the issue. If it's in Dutch or Flemish and I can't read it well enough, I'll see if my mom or a another Dutch friend of mine can translate.
]

:wave:
I am dutch :) I'll translate it for you ^^

Happy Birthday to Ali today!!!! Can't believe she's already 45!

biff said:
The first pic, in Ethiopia, was in the Into the Heart book, but NO photo credit is given.

It's also in The U2 File, a Hot Press U2 History.
No credit given there either.
And almost all the pics in that book have a credit with it.
Perhaps it's a photo from A & B's personal collection.
And somebody took it for them with their camera while they were in Africa (Bob Geldof maybe?).

Since it was in the Hot Press book.
I think we can assume that's where the picture was first published.

Galeongirl said:
]Happy Birthday to Ali today!!!!

My congrats to her as well.

Last edited:
It's a Belgian paper called De Morgen.

It is indeed a Belgian (flemish) paper.

Lies, you mention it is all due for printing by this friday, so I assume it will be in their weekend feature?

Do you think she might give you a notice if and when it happens?

there's gonna be a tv report about Edun on german tv on saturday. never saw or heard anything about Edun around here, but I'm glad they're finally noticing it :)

greety said:

3sat :(

I don't know that one, we only get ZDF, WRD and Germany 1 (?, I think)

ARD ;) well I get those three here in middle dutchieland... maybe it'll appear somewhere on the internet?

yeah, those are the public channels. i might be able to tape it and put it online if anyone wants to see it though..

ok no problem. not sure if they show anything new though, as it's really the first time they actually mention edun on tv here..

greety said:

It is indeed a Belgian (flemish) paper.

Lies, you mention it is all due for printing by this friday, so I assume it will be in their weekend feature?

Do you think she might give you a notice if and when it happens?

She said she'd send me a printed copy and that it's suppose to be turned in, with pictures, tomorrow. But then she said she could turn in the writing and have someone finish getting the pictures over the weekend. I wouldn't plan on it this weekend, but hopefully soon.

She said she'd send me a printed copy and that it's suppose to be turned in, with pictures, tomorrow. But then she said she could turn in the writing and have someone finish getting the pictures over the weekend. I wouldn't plan on it this weekend, but hopefully soon.

thanks, keep us updated. I have a neighbour with a subscription to this paper. If I see him, I can ask him to look out. It seems like a subject they would bring on the larger weekend editions, so maybe next week.

Oh, and I'm always willing to help out with the translation ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom