Ali 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lizmindel said:
So I have a photo from the Marie Clare awards that I wanted to post but can't because I have <15 posts (hardcore lurker, ask LG for reference!!!)

can anyone tell me how to get around this without making 12 extraneous posts??

Can you post the url and add some spaces to it?

Welcome to Pleba :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks, infamous Kelly =)

http: // i18.photobucket.com / albums / b122 / lizmindel/NewPicture.png

I tried putting 1 extra space between all the '/' marks.

I'll be REALLY embarrassed if, after all this, the pic has already been posted.

while I'm at it, I have this super old (and tiny!) one -

http: // i18.photobucket.com / albums / b122 / lizmindel / bp_chrissie_hynde_thumb.jpg

Thanks for tech support!

Here it is:

NewPicture.png

I'm hotlinking from your PB account, liz, so let me know if you don't want me to and I'll delete it.

I would have no clue how to post it otherwise, so knock yourself out.

Sadly, it is a bit of a miracle that I managed to figure out how to upload them to PB in the first place!!

Did you see the young, mulletted Hewsons in the reflection of the BP Fallon/Chrissie Hynde photo? It cracks me up. I had a similar haircut at the time, although I was only wee and it was my Dad's fault. My Mom still talks about how awful it was. Doofy, actually, was the term I believe she used.....

biff said:

Flavia, what event was this? It seems an odd assortment of people.

It was an even held at the Irish Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin. It was a conference given by Brocquel, the artist who did Bono´s painting last year. Or was it this year? He´s the man standing between Ali and the blonde woman (his wife).

Wow................. Bono was at the premiere of 50 cents movie
Get rich or Try Dying? Excellant...............:wink: :wink: :wink: it was a good movie too...........

are those new? (please!!)

btw, I added a link and blurb about the EDUN eBay auction to alihewson.com. Thanks again for the tip, Kelly!

ETA: I'm guessing they aren't new since Bono's hair looks pre-Vertigo re-colored, but it would be cool if they werek....

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
are those new? (please!!)

btw, I added a link and blurb about the EDUN eBay auction to alihewson.com. Thanks again for the tip, Kelly!

ETA: I'm guessing they aren't new since Bono's hair looks pre-Vertigo re-colored, but it would be cool if they werek....

no, sorry not new :(

I think they are from last year, around the time they went to see the Scissor Sisters.

kellyahern said:

no, sorry not new :(

I think they are from last year, around the time they went to see the Scissor Sisters.

that's exactly right, kelly. :wink:

I think it was when Bono and family was in NYC in May 2004 for the opening of the Tribeca film festival and u2 was seriously considering the Scissor Sisters at the time for their U.S. opening act.

I love the look in Bono's eyes in that pic.:combust:

So...this girl I know...she's in my class and part of my group for a HUGE project we've been working on all semester, and she came to my house once to check it out for living...anyway...my school does this thing called "Interim" during the month of January where you take a 3-credit class all month. Many of the interims go abroad (I did the one in Tanzania last year). This girl I know is going on the one to Northern Ireland. I think the theme is peace. We were putting together our presentation on my laptop and she saw a pic of Bono or something and goes "hey...you know I'm going on the N. Ireland interim...and Hef told us we're supposedly meeting with Bono's wife!"

:shocked:

So I said "Bethany, if Hef is right, you HAVE to tell me ok?" and I showed her the Ali site. She knew nothing except Ali was Bono's wife so we talked for a while and I explained EDUN, CCP, yadda yadda.

How cool is that?

I hope it's true b/c I'm excited for Bethany. This is totally her thing and I think she'll really like Ali. Hopefully she can also give me some pictures or write something for the website.

Last edited:
So...this girl I know...she's in my class and part of my group for a HUGE project we've been working on all semester, and she came to my house once to check it out for living...anyway...my school does this thing called "Interim" during the month of January where you take a 3-credit class all month. Many of the interims go abroad (I did the one in Tanzania last year). This girl I know is going on the one to Northern Ireland. I think the theme is peace. We were putting together our presentation on my laptop and she saw a pic of Bono or something and goes "hey...you know I'm going on the N. Ireland interim...and Hef told us we're supposedly meeting with Bono's wife!"

So I said "Bethany, if Hef is right, you HAVE to tell me ok?" and I showed her the Ali site. She knew nothing except Ali was Bono's wife so we talked for a while and I explained EDUN, CCP, yadda yadda.

How cool is that?

I hope it's true b/c I'm excited for Bethany. This is totally her thing and I think she'll really like Ali. Hopefully she can also give me some pictures or write something for the website.

:up: :cool: :hyper:

How cool is that?

That's very cool! *fingers crossed*

:D

I love Ali. I want to sit down and have a conversation with her so bad. She is a very remarkable woman and I admire her so much.

I feel exactly the same way. I am a "man" person, I prefer to keep company with men, and the only woman I looked up to was basically my mother, and I never found a woman I wanted to be like, until I saw Ali. I truly admire her also.

irishdove said:
I feel exactly the same way. I am a "man" person, I prefer to keep company with men, and the only woman I looked up to was basically my mother, and I never found a woman I wanted to be like, until I saw Ali. I truly admire her also.

Good point. I rarely find women I can look up to and admire. Ali could have easily taken the easy way out. She could spend her days getting botox shots, passing her kids onto the nanny, and going to charity balls wearing an $27,000 couture gown, yet she really gets involved in good causes and does the nitty gritty work. She's so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom