Al Gore Article written by BONO on CNN website today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannieco

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
Interesting, thanks! :up:

I love reading stuff that Bono has written. He has a way with words. I'm always amazed by his knowledge, yet, in everything he writes, he always remains so ... Bono.

^^ Ya, I love the way he writes! I especially loved what he said about Ali! " The eco-warrior"
These are my two favorite men in the media! What a combo!
Can you imagine if Al ran again for President in 2012 and Bono was in his cabinet! How cool would that be. I know, I am dreaming... it ain't gonna happen.

Great writing as usual, if anyone was going to write stuff about me I would definately want it to be Bono! He seems to hit the nail on the head when describing someone.

I like the way he tied the eco system to poverty. He showed how the problem is everyones problem.

last unicorn said:
Interesting, thanks! :up:

I love reading stuff that Bono has written. He has a way with words. I'm always amazed by his knowledge, yet, in everything he writes, he always remains so ... Bono.

Perfectly said, so very true.

Rachel D. said:
Did he just compare Al Gore to a prophet? Did I read that correctly? Has Bono lost his mind?

I feel sick.

Well, he's certainly not the only one doing this. The whole Al Gore Hype including the Nobel Prize is based on this assumption.

Rachel D. said:
Did he just compare Al Gore to a prophet? Did I read that correctly? Has Bono lost his mind?

I feel sick.

Prophet:

1. A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.
2. A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
3. A predictor; a soothsayer.
4. The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.
just to give a few

Hope you feel better..:wink:

^^ That's right Sue! Thanks for that!
I have always thought of Bono and Al as modern day prophets.
They both fit the description, but even more so, they are enlightening people of the severity of the issues at hand: poverty and global warming. They both are trying to change the world for he better, SAVE IT more like it if you ask me! Like Al says this crisis is a moral issue not a political one.

thanks Jean!
nice bit of wrting.

BUT I only wish Bono DIDn't slag "the Sixties" SO much {he's done it before}.....

NOT that everything went right- it CERTAINLY DIDN'T, but "hippies" and California New Agey type stuff....some it was very powerful and DID help to shift the culture,
as well as the continued flowering of great social justice movements civil rights, the re-birth of the women's rights movenment, even part of the Environemntal movewme3nt has some tethers to the hippies/ new Age stuff etc.
PLus the fight to end the Viet Nam war.

I would definately want to try to "enligthten" him on that era more. {i was pretty young at the time, then, but pretty precocious and paying attention to various media, and later ever more media reflecting on it soon after the sixtes {which really didn't end until the early '70's} were over.

I :giggle: could probably do a half-way deccent job, off the cuff/extemporaniously, but i'd probably do even better :lol: if i had some time to prepare more material {to look at }. :D

ah I can dream, can't I. :D

Last edited:
^ Hmm, I've heard and read about Bono saying very positive things about the 60s, especially about all the things you mentioned in your post. BUT I think what he objects to is the romantic "Hippie" idea of people solving the world's problems just by holding hands, that's what he talks about a lot. He wants a more pragmatic and realistic approach and Al Gore definitly represents that.

good points J & lu,

I've only seen him write in the most vague way, not specifics you make.

I'm sure all Hippies weren't as vague as some. :)

And interestingly where Concious meditation has been done (by the Transentdental Meditiation folks- the guru the Beatles introduced to The west} knowing they were all doing this----in those areas the crime rate has gone down.

Back
Top Bottom