Ahhhh.....Dublin!!....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonovation

The Fly
Yep, I decided that if they won't tour round Europe, I'll just have to tour round Dublin in June
biggrin.gif

Guess where I'll be staying too, reservation confirmed today
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'll only be there for a few days (June 20th - 24th) but if any of you plan on being there at same time and fancy meeting up for a few drinks, please feel free to mail me at t_ensom@totalise.co.uk

BTW does anyone know what the actual date for edge's wedding is....you never know, my timing might actually be good for once
smile.gif

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

hey! ill be in dublin around the same time as you (not sure of exact dates). i hope i get to see edges wedding caravan drive by! edgie in a tux, awww. im not sure of the date either, but thought it would be fun to be in town around then...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

If you're staying at The Clarence keep your eyes peeled. They avoided me for 20 years too...
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Crzy..it was reading your story that finally made the decision for me lol

I need the precise location of where u were sitting in the room, its obviously the lucky spot
smile.gif

------------------
Tanya

Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
we will miss eachother by a month. I will staying in Dublin at the Clarence in May. I am really excited about it. This will be my first trip to Ireland and to Europe in general. Anyway, I hope you have a great time and wish you luck in running into any member of U2.
biggrin.gif

Awwww....thanks

I hope you have a great time too. If you bump into one of them, would you mind just locking them in one of the linen cupboards and I'll pick them up when I get there
wink.gif

I'm working it on it but I'll probably be there from May till August working so I can afford it. So KIT maybe we can get together. mbi16@yahoo.com

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Hey Bonovation June 21st is my birthday and i'll be in Dublin and we're going to have a huge party so I'll have to e-mail ya and give you my phone number (when I get one in Dub) and then we'll go and hunt the guys down and stuff
smile.gif

Excellent!
biggrin.gif

If our dates coincide and you want to meet up, let me know (the address is in the original post).

I've only been to Dublin once before and that was a long time ago (and a very drunken trip too...too much Irish hospitality
biggrin.gif
) so I don't remember much about the place.

I'm not counting on them actually being around then too much as they seem to have successfully avoided me for the last 17 years LOL....but, maybe I'm due a change in fortune.

------------------
Tanya

lmao mad1, believe me, in my 30 years of existence on this planet, I have never ever been accused of being posh, in fact, I think there are some places over here where I can't even cross the county border, I'm that common lol.

Just because I've made the reservations as the Clarence doesn't mean they'll let me in lol
biggrin.gif

I'm sure if you were to be the guest of someone staying there, they'd have no problems letting you in for a couple drinks
smile.gif

------------------------

MG, I'd be delighted to buy you a drink for your birthday....in return, would you mind helping me smuggle out all the "souveneirs" the chat-room regulars have requested...someone's asked for a chest of drawers and I'm not sure I can manage that on my own
biggrin.gif

------------------
Tanya

[This message has been edited by Bonovation (edited 03-27-2002).]

Originally posted by mbi16:
I'm working it on it but I'll probably be there from May till August working so I can afford it. So KIT maybe we can get together. mbi16@yahoo.com

How do you find a job so you can have a working holiday? I would really like to know if you could give me the number or address of a place that can help you find work while you spend time over there.

Originally posted by UV2001:
How do you find a job so you can have a working holiday? I would really like to know if you could give me the number or address of a place that can help you find work while you spend time over there.

Well you're European right? So like I have no clue but it shouldn't be a prob for you to work there. I am going through a student agency that's gonna do the paperwork for me. As far as finding a job I don't know what you're looking for but my highest ambition is to work in one of the small film production companies they have. Otherwise I'll be perfectly happy working in a pub. So I don't know I plan on figuring it out when I get there, I suggest you contact your local Irish embassy and ask if you need to fill out any paperwork. I know that probably isn't of much help but it's all I know.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

I hope to go to dublin this summer but I have not narrowed down the time frame yet. Probably when the cheapest plane fare is offered!

Back
Top Bottom