Ahhh, it's FINALLY back! The MacPhisto Society!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonavoix

War Child
Larry's lap. Enjoying what may come... *grin*
Larry: Bona!!
*Larry strides down the hallway to his bedroom, calling Bona's name along the way in an attempt to wake her. He enters the room and stops at the sight of her lying peacefully asleep on the bed, a strand of blonde curl falling softly onto her face. He smiles and sighs at the sight of her, part of him wishing he didn't have to wake her. He walks up to her and sits on the edge of the bed, brushing the strand of curl out of her face. He leans down and kisses her lips gently, and she moans and her eyes flutter open.*
Larry: *his face still inches from hers* Rise and shine, sleeping beauty.
Bona: *moans* Now?
Larry: Yes. *kiss* Now. We need to get to Mac's.
Bona: Lars, the wedding isn't for another 2 days...
Larry: You don't honestly expect *kiss* Mac and Bluey *kiss* to set everything up *kiss* themselves do you?
Bona: *kiss* You're right.
Larry: They're expecting us. *kiss* Let's go.
*Bona rises and dresses, gathering her things into a bag.*
Larry: Where's the dress?
Bona: At Mac's already. Bluey took it with her when we bought it Wednesday. I couldn't take the chance of you seeing it before the wedding.
Larry: I see. And the invitations?
Bona: Sending them out now.

*In the same manner as before, an invitation arrives on everyone's doorstep, pearly white engraved with gold lettering.*

"Come! Rejoice with us and witness the union of Bonaphisto and Lawrence Joseph Mullen Jr. in holy matrimony! The ceremony takes place at the ever so expansive mansion of the Mr. MacPhisto. Do hurry, the festivities begin immediately and may never end!!!"

A783441.jpg

6y20469.jpg

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-25-2001).]

*The Fly woke up a split second before his alarm went off. He unplugged the source of the buzzing and turned over in bed, stretching, and tangling himself in his leapord print sheets. Today was the day.Well, he knew the wedding was probably not today, or even tommorow, but he couldn't wait any longer. He jumped out of bed, taking the sheets with him and almost skipped to the shower. All he could think about this long week was Bluephisto.*
The Fly: *Singing loudly in the shower* I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of? Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do doooo. *He had a weakness for belting out old pop tunes when he was happy, which he was today...He was no fool, he knew she had just spent a week with Macphisto at his gloomy mansion, but The Fly figured that anyone who had to spend a week straight with that bore must be ready for a little refreshment. The Fly jumped out of the shower.*
The Fly: Ahhh fuck! *He slipped, and caught himself on the towel rack, ripping the towel rack off the wall. Never liked that one anyway. *He tossed it into the corner and began to shave with glee, which resulted in more than a couple nick marks.* I'm just a DAMN! love machine, and I don't OWW! Goddamn sharp razor! work for nobody but you.... *He splashed some water on his face and examined his mug in the mirror. Satisfied, he ran into his bedroom and slid across the black floor, opening a closet that looked like an oil tank accident, row upon row of shiney black leather packed the small room. He tried on many almost identical suits, spinning in front of his mirror before ripping the suits off and throwing them on the floor. Finally, he settled on one particularly flattering combonation and he slid down the bannister of the long staircase to his kitchen which for all it's spaciousness and chrome, was basically a table with a coffee maker. The Fly downed several cups of very strong coffee and set out to his car when he stopped his frenetic morning routine and looked at the gold ring sitting on the table. He rubbed his cleft chin in contemplation for a moment and picked it up, remembering when she wore this not so long ago...maybe she would wear it again. He tucked it in his pocket.*
The Fly: Just in case... *He jumped in his black convertible and opened the glove box, several pairs of huge black shades tumbled onto the floor. He picked a pair up, swerving into on coming traffic and put them on, waving at the honking knot of drivers he left behind him. Macphisto's mansion was hours away, but the way The Fly drove, he's be there in about fourty-five minutes.*

*Bluephisto peered in the bedroom doorway at her sleeping fiance. Macphisto had really taken to his newfound ability to sleep, but Bluey didn't mind, she had her hands full helping Bona with the wedding arrangements. She considered crawling back into bed with him, but he looked so peaceful and she didn't want to disturb him.She had lost that luxury of slumber but she loved watching him like this, his black hair fell around his pale forehead in decadent waves, and the light fell gently across his perfect, glamourous face. Since he had become an angel, Macphisto looked younger and even more handsome than he had when he was a devil. She closed the door softly, wondering how much she had changed since she had become a devil herself. One thing was for certain, the world was a colder place now, she was always freezing and had taken to hovering near the many fireplaces in the mansion just to keep from shivering. The light from the fireplace she stood in front of now refracted in her ring, it was stunning. Macphisto had given her a ring bearing a sapphire of almost supernatural brilliance surrounded by several diamonds. She protested, saying she didn't need anything so ostentatious, but he insisted, saying he chose it to match her eyes. No one knew they were engaged yet, they wanted to keep it private until after Bona and Larry's wedding so that they didn't detract from the other couple's big day. Besides, there was something romantic about a secret engagement. She smiled to herself, admiring the ring when she heard a voice behind her.*
The Fly: Hey gorgeous, come here often?
*She turned, The Fly stood behind her grinning mischeviously from under his trademark shades. He wrapped her in a massive hug, lifting her off the ground and kissed her cheek*
The Fly: Aw, baby you have no idea how much I missed you! How are you sugar?
Bluephisto: Fine, fine, I'm doing just great. You?
The Fly: *Taking off his shades, revealing his surprising blue eyes* I'm much better now sweetness. *Looking her up and down* You look amazing...
Bluephisto: Thank you, you look good too.
The Fly: Baby, have you lost weight?
Bluephisto: I really don't know.
The Fly: *With a hand on his hip, mock outrage* I knew I shouldn't have left you here, I mean at least I would have fed you at my place, poor baby! Wanna go right now? *He takes her by the hand and starts to walk her out of the room* We can sit in my big t.v. room and order chinese takeout from this place that still gives it to you in these little white cartons and we'll have a floor picnic! *Bluephisto laughs and pulls back*
Bluephisto: Sorry Fly, I have so much to do here before the wedding...
The Fly: Well, I'm the man for you then, you're looking at the guy who once planned a whole wedding in one day! I'm a pro at this.
Bluephisto: *awkwardly* Yes, I remember... *They look at each other in silence for the first time since he arrived. A voice rings out from the other end of the room*
Macphisto: Well, I wasn't aware that we had guests. *The Fly puts his shades back on and Macphisto glides over to Bluey, sliding his arm around her and kissing her forehead gently*
Macphisto: Good morning dearest... *Bluey murmurs to him too softly for The Fly to hear, and Macphisto smiles, almost forgetting The Fly is there until the rock star clears his throat*
The Fly: AHEM...*Bluey and Macphisto look up* Oh sorry, I have something..uhh...in my throat. Nice to see you again Mac.
Macphisto: *dryly* Always a pleasure.
*There is a moment of tension between the two men, The Fly wishing he could shake the smirk from Macphisto's face, and Macphisto cursing The Fly's calculated early arrival. The unmistakable sound of a harley pulling up drifts through the windows and Bluephisto excuses herself to go meet the couple at the door. Mac and The Fly regard each other suspiciously. *
The Fly:*sarcastically* Gee, I missed you.
Macphisto:Yes, I was just thinking to myself that I haven't had a really good headache in about a week.
*Larry and Bona's voices can be heard in the hallway, and Macphisto brushes past The Fly*
Macphisto: Excuse me, I have some business to attend to.
The Fly: No problem sweetheart, you know I love it when you leave.
*Macphisto glares at him as he leaves*
Macphisto: I've just had a fantastic week Fly, not even your little quips can upset me.
*Macphisto grins slyly savouring the effect his words have on his rival and exits, shutting the door a little harder than he needs to*
The Fly: *Walking towards the door to greet Bona and Larry* Pompous son of a bitch...

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-25-2001).]

*Larry's Harley pulls up to the mansion with a roar and Bona is reluctant to let go of her future husband. She gives him a giant squeeze, and he climbs off the bike. She follows and he stops suddenly, turning to face her and wrapping his arms around her and planting a firm kiss on her lips and it comes again, again and again until finally, within the throws of a passionate makeout session, Bona pulls away.*
Bona: We need to go inside.
*Larry looks at her mischeviously and grins*
Bona: The MANSION, Larry. We need to go inside the mansion.
Larry: C'mon.
*Larry takes her hand and they go inside the mansion, venturing down a hallway and they chat about the decorations and plans as Bona explains what she and Bluey have discussed. Bluey soon comes rushing down the hallway and Bona drops Larry's hand and runs toward her. They embrace excitedly*
Bona: Bluey!! So good to see you!!
Bluey: You too!! How are you feeling with the baby and all?
Bona: I've been sick the past few days, but I'm feeling much better today.
Bluey: You'd better be!
*The Fly saunters up to Larry and the two men shake hands and The Fly wanders up to Bona, sqeezing her in a giant hug and he plants a kiss on her cheek. The four walk into the ballroom, where the ceremony will be held and find MacPhisto standing near the fireplace, smoking a cigar and as they enter he turns and walks elegantly toward Bona and Larry.*
MacPhisto: Hello, hello, fabulous to see you again!
The Fly: I thought you had "business" to take care of?
MacPhisto: It occured to me that greeting a happy couple right now is much more important, thank you.
The Fly: Alright then.
*MacPhisto wraps a pair of strong arms around Bona and plants a genuine kiss on her cheek, and gives Larry a handshake.*
Bluey: Let's settle your things, shall we?
Bona: Sure.
*Bluey and Bona head off to a room, while the guys stay behind. They enter the very same bedroom that Bona and Larry spent the majority of their time in not so long ago, and Bona stops upon entering, remembering what happened here and she shudders.*
Bluey: You okay, hon?
Bona: Yeah, I'm fine. Memories, that's all. When are Adam and Bono supposed to be here?
Bluey: I imagine soon. They wanted to help as much as they could. Besides, Adam's picking up the flowers and Bono's in charge of the rest of the decorations... we can't really do much until they get here.
*Bona has wandered over to the closet where she has stood admiring the dress she and Bluey picked out days before.*
Bona: I'm tempted to try it on, Bluey.
Bluey: Not now, Larry should be on his way over here.
*Bona places the dress in the closet and shuts the doors just as Larry walks in and sets his things down, the other two men directly behind him.*
Bona: Why don't you get settled while Bluey and I kind of run through the details in the other room?
Larry: Sure.
*Bluey and Bona walk out towards the ballroom and Bona turns to Bluey*
Bona: You know, I have to say that Mackie looks stunning lately! So much younger... and you look great, but I have to be honest, you look a bit worn out, no?
*Bluey seems a bit nervous and breathes deeply before answering*
Bluey: I suppose you could put it that way, yeah...

*Echo and ScottPhisto sit on the floor of Echo's apartment, eating macaroni and cheese out of a big pan and watching "Mystery Science Theater 3000."*

SCOTTPHISTO: There must be more to life than eating macaroni and cheese out of a big pan and watching "Mystery Science Theater 3000."

ECHO: Oh God I hope not.

*There is a shuffling outside Echo's door.*

ECHO: Mail's here! *Jumps up and retrieves letters. Shuffles through them...* Check it out! This one's from MacPhisto!

SCOTTPHISTO: How can you tell?

ECHO: Well, the red paper is very distinctive....not to mention it smells like liquor, cologne, and cigar smoke. *Reads* Well what do you know about that. We've been invited to Bona and Larry's wedding! We'd better go get ready!

SCOTTPHISTO: But...*reads* it says the wedding's not for a couple days yet.

ECHO: So?

SCOTTPHISTO: Well aren't glamorous creatures supposed to arrive fashionably LATE?

ECHO: What are you, new? Oh, wait, you are. See, the thing about gatherings at MacPhisto's, they don't actually have a beginning or an ending...we just sort of pretend they do for civilility's sake. Now come help me pick out something to wear.

SCOTTPHISTO: Man...I guess I have a lot to learn.

ECHO: Don't think of it merely as a learning experience, darling....It's a musical journey...

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Bona: You know, I have to say that Mackie looks stunning lately! So much younger... and you look great, but I have to be honest, you look a bit worn out, no?
*Bluey seems a bit nervous and breathes deeply before answering*
Bluey: I suppose you could put it that way, yeah...
Bona: What do you mean dear?
Bluey: *Shaking her head as though she is trying to clear it* Oh just tired lately I guess. I'm not used to this devil thing.
Bona: *Bona notices that Bluephisto's shoulders are quite a bit thinner than when last she saw her* I hope you haven't worn yourself out over the wedding.
Bluey: *Absentmindedly while she yawns* Oh, no, no. We haven't even begun to plan it yet.*She walks closer to the fire, rubbing her hands together*
Bona: *Pausing and letting Bluey's words sink in* Wait a minute...*She impishly grabs Bluey's left hand and gasps at the astounding ring on her finger. She yells:* BLUEY!! OH MY GOD!
*There is an immediate and insistent knock at the door*
Macphisto: Is everything alright in there?
Bluephisto: *Making shushing motions at an excited Bona with one hand as she opens the door and extends her other hand to calm her protective fiance. After last week she can hardly blame him for his concern.* Yes darling, we're fine in here, Bona is crazy that's all.
Macphisto: *Relaxing* Oh that's all is it?
Bluephisto: *Laughing* Yes. We're just fine dear.*She kisses him and smiles as she shuts the door. Bona is hopping up and down and clapping her hands*
Bona: *Not yelling this time*Oh my God! When did this happen?
Bluephisto: After everyone left last week.
Bona: I can't believe it! *Like a schoolgirl, she pulls Bluey to a couch and leans in close* How did he ask you?
Bluephisto: He didn't.
Bona: He didn't?
Bluephisto: *smiling* No, after everyone left, I asked him to marry me.
Bona: No!!! Get out! That's great! No wonder he looks so happy, congratulations darling! Did you get down on one knee and everything?
Bluephisto: *smiling* Yes, I did.
Bona: *Nothing could make a giddy bride to be happier than seeing other people headed down the same path* Bluey! That's just, WOW! Why didn't you tell me?
Bluephisto: We don't want to impose on you and Larry and we kind of felt like keeping it secret for a while. It's nice to be quiet about something for a change.
Bona: You do seem quieter dear.
Bluephisto: Oh just worn out, you know. I'm sure I'll wake up when all the guests arrive. Are you cold Bona?
Bona: Oh no, not at all, in fact I was just going to say that it's rather warm in here.
Bluephisto: Oh. *She folds her arms across her chest* I just can't stay warm! I feel like crawling in the fireplace. I suppose devils are a little more sensitive to being cold, it's so warm down...there. *Bluey kind of stares at the fireplace for a second. Bona touches her shoulder and furrows her brow in concern*
Bona: Bluey, darling, you are a little warm yourself. Are you feeling alright?
Bluey: *Laughs* I'm standing next to a fire Bona, that could make anyone warm.
Bona: Right, well, I won't tell anyone about the engagement. Not even Larry. Really. And now I don't feel so bad about you doing all this work for me, I can just return the favour for you! We can go dress shopping again! I'm so happy for you two. That's just unbelieveable...
*The door opens and The Fly sticks his head in grinning*
The Fly: Hey gorgeous, *He notices Bona standing there too* and "friend of gorgeous"! Just wondering if you lovely ladies need a drink or anything? I am willing to be your cabana boy...I look great in a grass skirt.
Bona: I can't drink Fly, thanks.
Bluephisto: As long as you're getting something I'll have a glass of red wine. *Bona looks at Bluey in surprise, she's not used to her being able to drink yet*
The Fly: Sure thing beautiful. *He looks Bluey up and down and leans in the room even farther* Hey, Bluey baby, you look tense...I give a great massage! Would you like one? HEY! *The Fly is abruptly removed from the doorway by an unseen hand
and Macphisto returns to the room in a second with Bluey's wine. She brightens as soon as he enters the room.*

Bona: What happened to our waiter?
Macphisto: He has been... alternatively employed I'm afraid. *He hands the glass to Bluephisto, brushing his fingers against hers as he does so. He grins at her seductively and kisses her cheek, Bluephisto doesn't need to be an angel to read his thoughts and she smiles back.*
Bluephisto: Thank you.
Macphisto: My pleasure...*He kisses her again and wishes he were alone with her, but Bona is still in the room, so he composes himself and refrains from taking it any further* Adam and Bono are back, would you care to go and meet them? *He offers his arm to Bluephisto*
Bluephisto: Of course...*She slides her arm through his and leans against him gently as they walk out of the room. Bona follows, walking beside Bluephisto, astonished at the intensity of their short exchange.*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-25-2001).]

*Bluey and MacPhisto enter the bedroom, Bona close behind and Adam sits on the bed, showing Larry a tux and Bono stands not far off, near the piano. Bona practically runs across the room and into Bono's arms. He lifts her up and spins her around and gives her a kiss on the lips, but holds her a bit longer than necessary. For a moment, she's caught in his eyes but comes to her senses quickly.*
Bona: How have you been?
Bono: Great. It's been a nice week off.
Adam: What, no hello for me?
*Bona walks up to a grinning Adam and embraces him excitedly.*
Bona: Ugh, that grin! No wonder you're an angel.
*Adam laughs and suddenly Bona's knees buckle. Adam's arm shoots out and catches her in mid-fall and she is totally reliant on him.*
Adam: Hmm, didn't think my smile could do that much damage.
Bona: No, no. It wasn't that, it was my... *she lurches forward in pain* ...my stomach.
Larry: *rushing over to her and taking her from Adam* What's wrong?
*She breaks quickly from Larry's embrace and runs toward the bathroom, rushing in and shutting the door, leaving the others in the room completely astonished. Only MacPhisto stands looking at the door, a look of deep anger coming over his face.*
Larry: She's been sick this week, but she hasn't gotten this sick in a few days now...
MacPhisto: Has she told you anything else about her symptoms?
Larry: No.
*MacPhisto suddenly rises and walks quickly into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. He turns to find Bona hunched over the toilet. When she finishes vomiting she moves over to the sink and washes her face, taking a long drink of water and rinsing her mouth. MacPhisto speaks softly, his silky voice giving way to an undertone of urgency.*
MacPhisto: You know what's wrong, don't you?
Bona: No, but I have a suspicion.
MacPhisto: *walks up to her and wraps an arm around her, she rests her head on his shoulder, weak.* Your symptoms are completely compliant with---
Bona: I know, Mackie. I know. The pain, it's... it's unlike anything I've experienced.
MacPhisto: Times like this I wish I was still a devil. Then I could help you... but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do.
Bona: My god, Mackie... *she sobs into his shoulder and he rests his head onto hers, kissing the top of her head protectively* Mackie, what did they do to my baby?

*Macphisto looks up at Bluey and gently hands Bona over to a concerned Larry. He wraps an arm around his beloved's waist and guides her out to the other room.*

*Larry sits her down on the bed and sits beside her.*
Larry: Are you okay?
Bona: Larry... the baby...
Larry: What is it?
*Bona looks back toward the bathroom door and the three angels and Bluey. They speak softly, but Larry and Bona can still make out what they're saying.*
Bono: The baby isn't... right.
Bluey: Oh God... Screwtape.
Adam: We think it's a demon.
Bluey: [/b]*Loosing her temper*[/b] That BASTARD! That lying rat Bastard!!! I knew he'd try and weasel out of it. God damn it!
*Bluey rushes out of the room, leaving the three angels standing there. Larry is stock still, his face hard as stone. He turns back to Bona slowly and dives into her eyes with his.*
Larry: Why didn't you say anything?
Bona: I wasn't sure. I mean, I was pretty sure but I didn't want to concern you if I ended up being wrong. *choking up* As of right now there's nothing we can do...
*She leans on Larry's shoulder and he holds her tightly, protectively and he rubs her back. She wipes tears from her eyes as MacPhisto takes her hand and pulls her up off the bed. He takes her into his arms and speaks softly, his voice in a whisper like silken comfort in her ears.*
MacPhisto: We'll find a way... we'll figure out something and it'll all be right again I promise.
Bona: *through tears* Tell Bluey it's not her fault.
MacPhisto: I will. Be sure of it.
Bona: Thank you.
*He kisses her gently on the lips, something he hasn't done in a very long while. Larry tilts his head and his face becomes harder, giving MacPhisto a glare.*
MacPhisto: You'll be okay, love.
Adam: You should go to Bluey, Mac.
*MacPhisto nods and walks out the door. Bona sits back on the bed and Larry takes her in his arms again, whispering to her and wiping tears from her eyes. He plants kisses on her face and brushes hair out of her eyes. The other two angels have been standing across the room, watching and they talk with concern in whispers.*
Bono: Did you sense Mac's thoughts?
Adam: Yeah.
Bono: They weren't kidding when they told us Bona could bring a guy to his knees...
Adam: Well, he loves her, but not as much as he loves Bluey. For right now I think it'll be okay. Besides Bona's too lost in Larry... speaking of, I think they need some time alone.
*They look over at Bona and Larry, now in mid-kiss but it's obvious they're holding back because of the other two beings in the room.*
Bono: Let's go figure out what happened to Fly and then get Mac and Bluey to start with the wedding arrangements.
Adam: Excellent idea... The first guests could arrive as soon as tonight.
*The two angels exit the room, closing the door behind them and Bona and Larry lie back onto the bed, Larry showering kisses all over Bona's face and neck and she clutches him tightly...*

*The Fly had been down in the wine cellar trying to make himself useful by restocking the bar. He carried all the bottles up one at a time refilling a glass with a little sample from each one that he called his "cabana boy tax". His task completed, or as near completed as his attention span would allow, he set out to find Bluey again and to try and catch up with her. He wandered the halls opening door after door onto immaculate empty rooms just waiting for the nearly arriving guests. He sang under his breath and paused to fix his black hair in every mirror he passed.*
The Fly: These boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over- *He stopped singing. It's hard to sing when you are choking on your own tounge. He opened a door to find Macphisto jacketless, and with his shirt unbuttoned, lying on top of Bluephisto on the floor.They were kissing passionately, and his hands were sliding the straps of her dress off her shoulders. Macphisto looked up at the sound and the light, The Fly stood in the doorway looking down at him with his mouth open.*
The Fly: *Uncharacteristically tounge tied and shy* Wow...umm, sorry I didn't know I was interrupting...*He shut the door and stood dazed in the hallway for a second before stumbling to the bar.*
*After the door shut Bluephisto raised herself up on her elbows and turned to look,*
Bluephisto: Was that Fly?
Macphisto: Yes, he never knocks does he?
Bluephisto: *She sighs and stands up, brushing the wrinkles from her dress* I should go talk to him.
Macphisto: What for?
Bluephisto: Well he has no idea that you and I are...together. I can't just let him go on like this.
Macphisto: I think he knows now. *He starts to kiss her shoulders and she shivers* Cold darling?
Bluephisto: A little. *Macphisto drapes his jacket over her shoulders and uses it to pull her to him. He kisses her hard on the mouth and she starts to take his shirt off, but she stops herself and breaks away flushed and laughing*
Bluephisto: You are terrible!
Macphisto: *Innocently, but running a hand down the front of her dress* I don't understand what you are talking about...
Bluephisto: I have to go talk to him.
Macphisto: *Kissing her long neck* You have to do that now? Right now?
Bluephisto: Mmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmm, yes now...before he does something stupid.
Macphisto: *Unbuttoning the back of her dress and kissing her roughly* He's always doing something stupid...there's no rush. *She throws her arms around him and pulls him back down to the floor*
Bluephisto: No, I don't suppose there is...

*The Fly sat at the bar staring at his scotch. All the clean glasses were packed away so he grabbed a tea cup from the kitchen and filled it to the brim. He was halfway done his third teacup when Bona came in. She looked exhausted as though she had been crying.*
Bona: Hey Fly...where have you been?
Fly: Oh you know, just...places.
Bona: I see...What's the matter?
Fly: Nothin'. Just feel like drinking scotch out of a tea cup. What's so wrong with that?
*Bona looked at The Fly, he was certainly a handsome man, ridiculous, but handsome.She waited for his usual torrent of words, but the silence stretched out between them like a desert.*
Bona: Fly...I know you too well for this. You've never been that concise.
Fly: So?
Bona: So...what's wrong?
Fly: *He cradles the gold teacup in his hand and swirls the remaining liquor against the sides of the cup.* I just ran into Mac and Bluey...*His speech drifts off and he finishes the cup in one gulp, reaching for the bottle to refill it*
Bona: *Thinking she knows what happened* Ohhhhh, so you know.
Fly: Yeah, I do. Bit of a shock. I mean I knew she stayed here and everything so I mean what do I expect? But at the same time it was like...bit of a shock.
Bona: I know, I'm happy for them.
Fly: You are?
Bona: Oh yeah, I mean I never thought Macky would get married!
Fly: *He freezes in mid gulp, the hot liquid slides down his frozen throat* Married? What do you mean married?
Bona: You know.
Fly: I do not fucking know!
Bona: Oh my God...*She covers her mouth* You didn't know. I'm so sorry, I'm not thinking straight right now with the baby and all.
Fly: *He drops the china cup to the floor, letting it crumble at his feet* Please tell me that you just made all that up to scare me right Bona? Baby? Right?
Bona: Sorry Fly...I think Bluey wanted to tell you.
*The Fly sits there in silence, looking at his teacup on the floor. Bona has never seen this happen before, she narrows her eyes and tries to touch him on the shoulder but he pulls back, still wordless.*
Bona: Fly? Fly...say something, you're scaring me.
*He gets up as if Bona weren't even there and runs back towards the drawing room he stumbled in on earlier. Macphisto walked out of the room, straightening his jacket. Macphisto smiled and leaned back in the door, obviously kissing her. Finally he walked down the hall towards his office with a contented smirk on his face that made the Fly want to break it. As soon as Macphisto was in the office, The Fly opened the door to the drawing room, and slammed it shut, locking it and throwing a chair in front of the door, jamming it under the knob. Bluephisto turned at the commotion, clutching her dress to her.*
Bluephisto: Fly, what are you....
Fly: YOU'RE MARRYING HIM!!??
Bluephisto: Oh God, who told you?
Fly: Are you? Are you going to marry HIM!?
Bluephisto: Just let me get dressed we can talk about this...*She motions for him to turn around but he steps towards her, ripping his shades off to reveal tortured blue eyes*
Fly: Why? Why are you doing this? Bluey... you're smarter than this.
Bluephisto: I'm marrying him because I love him Fly.
Fly: I know, yes you love him but Bluey..baby, you can't trust him. He's just gonna hurt you.
Bluey: No...Fly he's an angel now, he can't lie. I can trust him.
Fly: *He looks into her eyes desperately and seriously* Bluey, it doesn't matter who he works for he's the SAME GUY!!! I can't let you do this. I can't!
Bluey: Well I'm a big girl Fly...I can make my own decisions.
Fly: Come here, I need to show you something...*He quickly grabs her and plants his lips on hers. She pushes him away with one hand, keeping her dress between them with another. She slaps him hard across the face and backs up, breathing hard* See Bluey? You're a devil now. You're a temptress from Hell and you still resisted even kissing me because you know it's wrong....
Bluey: Your point is?
Fly: It doesn't matter...angel, human, devil, whatever! The point is you are the same sweet girl that you always were and you always will be...and he's going to be the same jerk that cheated on you. No matter who he works for. Don't you get it?
Bluey: *Starting to cry* Fly...don't do this. It's different now.
Fly: Honey, if you really knew that it really was, you wouldn't be crying right now.
Bluey: Leave me alone.
Fly: Baby, I just don't want you to be hurt again. Besides, I love you. I'm not just going to step aside here unless I knew you would be happier with him than you would with me.
Bluey: I love him!
Fly: You love me...
Bluey: Shut up.
Fly: *He takes her by the shoulders and forces her to look him in the eye* Baby, if you can look me in the eye right now and tell me that you do not love me at all, even a bit...I will leave you alone forever and you can do whatever the Hell you want. So go ahead.
*Bluey just stares at him. She wants to say it, but the words just won't leave her lips. The Fly starts to smile.*
Fly: I've been thinking about you all week. I missed you so much. You do whatever you want, but I'm not going anywhere.
*Bluey almost replies but starts to cough a little, the cough gets worse...and she leans on The Fly for support. The Fly begins to get concerned*
Fly: Bluey, honey...are you alright?
*She keeps coughing, deep, hacking coughs that come from her chest. She can't catch her breath and her eyes begin to water. The Fly picks her up and carries her to the couch, setting her on the cushions. He holds her hair out of her face and rubs her back until finally, the fit subsides. She lies back, exhausted and The Fly fetches her a drink of water*
Fly: Baby, what the Hell was that?
Bluey: Nothing.
Fly: That wasn't nothing. Are you alright?
Bluey: I'm fine, I just have a little cough, it will go away.
*There is a knock at the door*
Macphisto: Bluey, darling...is everything alright?
Bluey: Everything's fine... *She motions for The Fly to turn around and she throws her dress on*
Macphisto: Why is the door locked?
Bluephisto: Oh is it?
Macphisto: Yes...let me in.
*The Fly moves the chair out of the way and opens the door. Macphisto flinches at seeing him in the locked room with Bluey. He brushes past him to Bluey on the couch*
Macphisto: What's going on?
Bluey: We were just talking.
Macphisto: really?
Bluey: Yes, really.
*Macphisto can sense something is wrong but he doesn't know what...The Fly has now puthis glasses on again and leans against a chair*
Fly: Just catching up on old times...
*Macphisto glares at him, but turns to Bluey and takes her hand*
Macphisto:Bona wanted to see you dearest. Shall we?
Bluephisto: Of course. *She walks out with Macphisto who lets her hand go as soon as she is in the hall and circles back on The Fly*
Macphisto: What are you doing?
Fly: I don't know what you mean...
Macphisto: Look, it's obvious that something happened here. She's upset and she was fine when I left just a few minutes ago.
Fly: Mac, you're overreacting.
Macphisto: *With the calm of a hammer being drawn back on a gun* Allow me to make this perfectly clear. Stay away from her or I will take great pleasure in ensuring that you never see her again...if you ever see anything else at all. Understood?
Fly: *Trying to be nonchalant* Yeah, sure thing Mac. Whatever you say. *The Fly looks away and Macphisto steps back and walks out to rejoin Bluey*
Fly: Congratulations by the way...How'd you get her to say yes?
Macphisto: *He stops and turns only slightly as he gloats over his shoulder* Thank you, Fly...but she didn't say yes...I did. *Macphisto walks out*
*The Fly sits heavily in the chair beside him and is silent for some time*

*Bona walks back to the room, where Larry still lies asleep after their lovemaking. Guilt sweeps over her like a great wind for what she let slip to The Fly, and she crawls under the covers and cuddles up next to Larry, burying her face into his neck and she sighs. Larry awakes and tightens his grip on her.*
Larry: You okay?
Bona: Yeah... I just promised Bluey I'd keep a secret and I let it slip that's all... I'm feeling incredibly guilty.
Larry: Well, you've had a rough day and all... your mind is a little out of whack right now.
Bona: But still... I should have been a little more careful. I probably caused a whole truck load of trouble.
*Larry laughs at the way she phrased this last comment, and he rises from the bed, throwing his pants on hastily. He sits back down again without his shirt and smiling, kisses her rather hard and after a few blissful seconds, he sits up again.*
Larry: Well there's gonna be a whole lot more trouble if we don't get started organizing this wedding we're having in a couple of days. C'mon.
*She rises from the bed and Larry, still shirtless, approaches her and wraps his arms around her. He kisses her and pulls her closer*
Larry: So how should I kiss you at the altar? Lightly, like this? *he demonstrates by placing a light brush across her lips and barely planting one on her. She laughs*
Bona: Hmm... that was nice, but I think you should kiss me a little harder...
Larry: Really? Like this? *He kisses her harder, parting her lips with his tounge.*
Bona: Mmm... *trying not to laugh* maybe without the tounge...
Larry: Ok... so like this... *his mouth comes down on hers with moderate pressure and he holds the kiss for a second, then slowly breaks it.*
Bona: *laughing through a moan* Mmmm, yeah that's the one...
*Larry comes down on her again, and MacPhisto walks in. The couple abruptly finishes their exchange*
MacPhisto: I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt...
Bona: No, no Mackie. You weren't.
MacPhisto: I wanted to check on you...
*Bona's slip comes flooding back to her and again the guilt comes back to her. She drops onto the bed and swallows tears.*
MacPhisto: What's wrong?
Bona: I need to talk to Bluey... could you have her come see me?
MacPhisto: Sure. Are you sure you're okay?
Bona: Yeah... I just broke a promise.
*She looks up at MacPhisto with guilt, and he reads her thoughts. He smiles a little, no trace of anger in his face.*
MacPhisto: I'll go get Bluey.
*He exits and Larry speaks up after a moment.*
Larry: Let's go into the ballroom and start planning, okay?
Bona: Sure.
*They rise and head into the ballroom, and sit for several minutes discussing placement of the altar, who will perform the ceremony and other small details. MacPhisto soon walks into the room with Bluey on his arm. She seems to almost be totally relying on his support to stay standing.*
Bona: Bluey, are you alright?
Bluey: Fine, fine. You wanted to talk?
Bona: Yeah... Bluey, I...
Bluey: What is it, Bona?
Bona: I'm sorry...
Bluey: *suddenly realizing what she's referring to* It was you?
Bona: *nodding and trying to hold back tears* Yes. It just slipped. I came in here to find something to eat and Fly was stocking the bar. We were talking and it just slipped.
*Bluey is silent, and Bona continues.*
Bona: Man, I've probably caused you two all kinds of trouble now. Like I haven't caused enough already... *she shoots Mac a guilty look and he chuckles to himself.*
Bluey: Bona... *sigh* You've had a very stressful day. I'm upset, but there's not much I can do about it, can I? *She rests a hand on Bona's shoulder* Besides, it's nothing Mackie can't handle. One or both of us can kick some serious ass if need be.
Bona: Forgive me?
Bluey: Yeah. I forgive you. As long as no one else finds out, everything will be okay.
*Mackie speaks up, in an attempt to clarify the confused and lost look on Larry's face.*
MacPhisto: You can't say anything to anyone else... we've been wanting to keep this a secret, we didn't want to take away from you two on your wedding...
Larry: I won't say a word.
MacPhisto: Bluey and I are getting married.
*Larry's eyes widen and he smiles.*
Larry: Congratulations! When did this happen?
Bluey: Last week after you left.
Larry: Wow. So how'd you do it, Mac?
MacPhisto: I didn't. She did.
Larry: That's incredible. Congratulations.
MacPhisto: Thank you.
*Adam and Bono walk into the ballroom and Bono grins, tossing Larry a shirt. He shakes his head and puts it on, realizing he's still shirtless.*
Adam: We better get set up, I have a feeling guests are already on their way.
Bona: Good idea...
*They all rise, but freeze when The Fly bursts into the room and walks determinedly toward MacPhisto.*

SCOTTPHISTO: Hey, Echo, what should I wear? I mean, what is proper Macphisto-garb?

ECHO: What about that nice-

SCOTTPHISTO: I know!! I'll dress as Burt Bacharach and-

ECHO: No. Why not-

SCOTTPHISTO: OOH OOH!!! How about my Lemon Yellow Leisure Suit??

ECHO: God no! You've got the right idea with the "lemon" motif, but...a leisure suit?

SCOTTPHISTO: No good?

ECHO: No. How about that awesome red zoot suit? You love that thing.

SCOTTPHISTO: True...you don't think it'll look too good, do you? I mean, I don't want to distract from Bono and the rest of the guys...

ECHO: *FALLS OVER LAUGHING*

SCOTTPHISTO: *GRUMBLE*

ECHO: *RECOVERED, WIPES TEAR FROM EYES* Oh...thanks. I needed a good laugh. But, seriously, wear the zoot suit. And don't forget the hat.

SCOTTPHISTO: Oh, man...the hat kinda chafes my horns...

ECHO: *sigh* Then punch a couple holes in it. Jeez, man...

SCOTTPHISTO: *WALKS TO HIS ROOM, SEES ANIMATRONIC EDGE IS TRYING ON ALL HIS CLOTHES* Aw, man!! ECHO!! He's doing it again!!

ECHO: *SHAKING HEAD* Sorry, Scottphisto. It's a slight glitch in his programming. He occasionally wonders into peoples rooms and steals their clothing. C'mon, A.E., let's get you dressed.

A.EDGE: *BLUSH*

SCOTTPHISTO: *TO SELF* Programming glitch my big blue bum...*LOOKS AROUND FOR TIE* Hey, Echo! *WALKS INTO ECHO'S ROOM* Have you seen my...*SEES A.EDGE'S NEKKID DARIERE* ...BY BONO'S ILLUMINATION!!!

ECHO: What? I haven't programmed him to dress himself yet...

SCOTTPHISTO: And now I know why. Anyway, have you seen my tie?

ECHO: On the table.

SCOTTPHISTO: Kewl.

TIME PASSES...

ECHO: Well, I'm ready. Let's...SCOTT!! Why aren't you dressed?

SCOTTPHISTO: Well, I figured why not wait. I learned this trick from Mac last week. In a puff of smoke, I will instantly be clothed and groomed!!
ECHO: Uh uh...

SCOTTPHISTO: No! Really!! Mac told me this would work! *STANDS, ARMS OUTSTRETCHED...CONCENTRATING* And...Gobbledygook! Let this Phisto be dressed in his best suit!! *PUFF OF SMOKE*

*CLEARS*

ECHO: *STIFLING A BARRAGE OF LAUGHTER*

SCOTTPHISTO: What? *ECHO POINTS DOWN..*SCOTTPHISTO LOOKS* *BLUSH* Eeep!

*COVERS SELF WITH HANDS*

A.EDGE: *BLUSH...COVERS HIS KITTEN'S EYES*

ECHO: Yer best suit alright...yer BIRTHDAY SUIT!! *FALLS OVER LAUGHING*

SCOTTPHISTO: Oh, Macphisto's gonna get it...*SCRAM!!*

ECHO: Hmm....another "elevated" thread comes to mind...

O_O
GADS!!

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA

Card carrying member of Echo's Boy Cleaning Service.

Devourer of Ewoks

70% water, 30% Chocolatey Goodness!!

"I'm not wearing any underwear! Now gimmie a cookie!!" -Unknown
Is this love? Or is it just rough sex with Michael Douglas?
EAT ME!! I'M A SPEACIALTY BREAD!!

[This message has been edited by Scottphisto (edited 11-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Scottphisto (edited 11-26-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
*They all rise, but freeze when The Fly bursts into the room and walks determinedly toward MacPhisto.*
*Everyone looks to the Fly expecting a speech or a barb or some kind of tantrum.*
Bona: Fly...maybe you should -
*The Fly, angrier than anyone has ever seen him, punches a totally unprepared Macphisto in the face, with a fast right hook. Macphisto's head snaps back but faster than anyone's jaw can drop he has his hand around The Fly's throat and is squeezing. The Fly squirms out of his rival's grasp and they clash again, a blur of black and gold. By this time, Adam and Bono are trying to hold Macphisto back and Larry is almost on the enraged Fly's shoulders trying to wrestle him to the ground. The room is filled with shouting, the sound of breaking furniture, and grappling limbs. Bluephisto, forgetting that she is not an archangel anymore, steps between the two men in a split second...The Fly doesn't even see her and in the blink of an eye a fist he intended for Macphisto connects with Bluey's chin, knocking her to the ground. He freezes,*
The Fly: Baby...
*All the action in the room stops for a fraction of a second, it's as if the universe held it's breath. Bluephisto lays on the floor, stunned. It wasn't like it was when she was the assassin...this really hurt and the breath was knocked out of her. Suddenly, Macphisto and The Fly were both leaning over her, Macphisto silently horrified at her bleeding lip and already brusing cheek, and the Fly apologizing so furiously she could barely understand what he was saying*
The Fly: Oh my God, baby, I'm so so so sorry, I didn't even see you! Are you okay? Honey? I'm so sorry. I'd never ever meant to hit you honest to God, I'm so sorry.
*The Fly is suddenly shoved into a large gold framed mirror on the wall, breaking it. He falls to the floor in the middle of a pool of broken glass*
The Fly: Mac! I never meant to-
*If Macphisto just wanted to hurt the Fly before, he is now intent on killing him. Adam and Bono immediately grab Macphisto and try to restrain him but he still hits the Fly so hard that he falls to the ground, unconscious and bleeding. Macphisto shoves Adam and Bono away from him and runs to Bluey who is still laying on the ground where Bona and Larry crouch over her. Bona is trying to dry her cut with one of the towels from behind the bar, and Bluey winces involuntarily. Macphisto brushes Larry aside and pulls her close to him, speaking softly but frantically to her*
Macphisto: Bluey, darling, are you alright?
Bluephisto: I'm just a little...stunned. Wow..I guess I'm not an archangel anymore am I? *She looks up from her daze to Macphisto, he is bleeding as well* Are you alright?
Macphisto: I feel fine. *He helps her to her feet and she sways backwards. Bono, Larry and Macphisto all catch her at the same time. Macphisto picks her up like a doll and carries her out of the now trashed ballroom to his bedroom...their bedroom and he puts her in bed.*
Bluephisto: I'm fine, I was just surprised.
Macphisto: He hit you very hard love, you should rest a little.
Bluephisto: It was obviously an accident ...he'd never mean to..
Macphisto: Don't worry, I'm not going to kill him. *He pulls a white handkerchief from his suit and holds it gently to her split lip, absorbing the blood. Her expression softened as she watched him, he was so intently focused on her lip that he didn't bother to maintain his stylish facade, and despite the streaks of blood on his face and his messy hair, he looked exactly like an angel. She smiled and winced.*
Bluephisto: I don't think I've ever seen you look so handsome.
Macphisto: *he smiles and his eyes crinkle into half moons, and he says with unusual modesty* I think you have been hit in the head harder than I thought...
Bluephisto: I love you.
Macphisto: *He leans closer to her, sliding his arms up her back and kisses her split lip very very gently, healing it completely. Her lips tingle where he kissed her and he lays down on the bed with her, running his fingers through her hair.* You know I love you.
Bluephisto: *His fingers through her hair make her eyes droop closed* Are you putting me to sleep?
Macphisto: Yes...do you remember when you used to do this for me?
Bluephisto: *Falling asleep* Yes...but I don't need to ....*She is asleep*
Macphisto: Poor darling...you'll feel better when you wake up. *He lays on top of the covers with her for a while, touching her lightly and remembering when he thought he would never see her again. She never talked about those days in Hell, and he couldn't blame her...But she had been quieter since she returned, subdued. His poor angel. Funny, he still thought of her as his angel. He was the angel now, but he didn't feel it yet.
There was a knock at the door. Macphisto sighed and carefully, quietly made his way from the warm bed to the door. Adam stood there*

Adam: How is she?
Macphisto: Sleeping, she'll be alright. *He closed the door behind him and out of her presence his mood darkened.* So where is he?
Adam: Bono is taking care of him.
Macphisto: Somewhere I won't have to see him in the immediate future I hope.
Adam: You know he didn't hit her on purpose.
Macphisto: I don't care. As soon as he's conscious I want to speak to him.Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get cleaned up. *Macphisto returns to his room to make himself "presentable"*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-27-2001).]

Bluephisto: What's going on?
*Bluey stands in the doorway of the bathroom half concerned for Bona, half wishing that Macphisto would not have kissed the top of her head. It had been easier and easier to allow her thoughts to become jealous and skeptical since she had been changed. Macphisto looks up at Bluey and gently hands Bona over to a concerned Larry. He wraps an arm around his beloved's waist and guides her out to the other room. Once safely outside he turns to talk to her, but Bono and Adam step in, eager for information. The three angels speak quickly and closely in a flowing language that Bluey has never heard before. Suddenly they all stop and look at her, Adam directs a phrase at her and his voice rises at the end, it sounds like a question. She realizes it is her lost tounge, the language of heaven, and she looks at the ground, ashamed.*
Bluephisto: I can't understand a word you said. *The angels pause sadly for a second, it's as if a great scholar had suddenly become illiterate. Bono translates*
Bono: The baby isn't...right.
Bluey: Oh God...Screwtape...
Adam: We think it's a demon.
Bluey: *Loosing her temper* That BASTARD! That lying rat Bastard!!! I knew he'd try and weasel out of it. God damn it! *She rushes out of the room, slamming the door. Macphisto follows and finds her in a drawing room pacing angrily. Her cheeks are flushed and her jaw is clenched. Out of frustration she rips the pin from her hair and it comes falling down like a long black curtain, obscuring her face.*
Macphisto:*Softly* Bluey...
Bluephisto: *She stops at a wall and stands there, breathing heavily, her back to Macphisto* WHAT!?
Macphisto: Are you alright?
Bluephisto: *Slamming her hand into the wall, denting the wood panelling. She turns, tears making her gunmetal eyes blaze in the firelight* NO! I'm not fucking alright!!! *She hits the wall again, Macphisto walks up behind her and places his hands on her shoulders. She stops and starts to cry. Macphisto pulls her to his chest, stroking her hair and kissing her head lovingly*
Bluephisto: It's my fault.
Macphisto: Don't be foolish...you know you did everything you could.
Bluephisto: *Almost hyperventillating* No, I didn't... I should ...I should have checked ...somehow...I, I should have made him tell me... I should have done better...
*It pains Macphisto to see Bluey like this. He holds her even closer, and closes his eyes as the scent of her hair drifts up to him. He honestly never imagined he would ever feel this way about anyone, or anything... this was a different kind of pleasure, it was specific. It was as if all the baccanalian delights he had ever been fond of had been distilled down into this creature he held. Only her skin, only her particular voice, only her eyes, only this woman could provoke such tenderness in such a previously careless being, and as a collector of jewels, works of art, and fine wine, he knew that such rarity is what made something priceless.*
Macphisto: Bluey, dearest...Darling, look at me. Please, look up, look at me. *She raised her tear stained eyes to his and he cradled her face in his large hands and reassured her in his velvet voice after he kissed her many times* Darling, you know that you did all you could, and if it had been up to me, you wouldn't have gone back at all. It's not the end of the world, we will think of something. Please don't cry dear...everything will be fine.
Bluephisto: How?
Macphisto: *Sitting on a sofa and pulling her down to him and wrapping her in his arms* I don't know yet...You know that no one in the world would ever blame you for this, you did everything you could.
Bluephisto: *She shivers and snuggles into Macphisto's chest, sliding her arms under his coat* I know, but it's just hard to think that maybe I could have...*He silences her with a kiss, which turns into another and another and another...They slide, kissing, from the couch to the floor when the door opens...*

ECHO: What's that noise?

SCOTTPHISTO: I don't hear any noise.

ECHO: Your truck's making a clanking sound.

SCOTTPHISTO: I'm sure it's nothing.

ECHO: I hate riding in your truck.

SCOTTPHISTO: There's nothing wrong with my truck. It's a solid piece of machinery.

ECHO: Didn't it catch fire last week?

SCOTTPHISTO: Hey! That wasn't the truck's fault!

ECHO: Boy, that was an Unforgettable Fire if I ever saw one.

SCOTTPHISTO: No making fun of my truck! You wanna walk to the mansion, girlie? Because I don't have to drive you and the robot; I'm doing it out of the kindness of my heart!

(Echo glares silently at ScottPhisto and smirks)

SCOTTPHISTO: *sigh* Yes ma'am...

ECHO: That's what I thought.

*Animatronic Edge cannot speak, but makes a "whipped" gesture.*

SCOTTPHISTO: Hey I saw that! You should talk, ya twerpy bag a bolts. You're way more whipped than I am.

ECHO: Yes, but he likes it. *Animatronic Edge grins. Echo pats him on the head.* Don't you listen to him, sweetie. He's just bitter 'cause MacPhisto outsmarted him. Some effort that must have taken.

SCOTTPHISTO: Woman! You are stomping on my last nerve! I swear I will stop this truck and...oh, who am I kidding...

ECHO: We're here, anyway.

*ScottPhisto pulls into the driveway. They exit the vehicle and ScottPhisto hands the keys to the valet.*

*ScottPhisto, Echo, and Animatronic Edge are greeted by a butler who takes their coats and directs them to their rooms.*

BUTLER: Here is where the gentleman will be staying...

*ScottPhisto is led to a plush bedroom with a circular waterbed and state-of-the-art stereo system. Stacked atop the speakers are fifty compact discs.*

SCOTTPHISTO: Whoa! Pink Floyd! Metallica! How does MacPhisto know? *Pauses. Looks around.* He's still not forgiven for his little prank...

*The butler takes Echo and Animatronic Edge down the hall.*

BUTLER: Here is where the lady will be staying. As requested, the, er...gentleman...has an adjoining room.

*Animatronic Edge looks at Echo questioningly.*

ECHO: Well I can't trust you all by yourself! Not when you haven't been programmed to dress yourself yet. Have you forgotten the incident at The Fly's house? You nearly gave him a heart attack! *Mutters to herself* Naked android runnin' all over the place...That is for my apartment and my apartment only, understand?

*Animatronic Edge nods.*

*Echo's room is set up all in black, with a sheaf of paper and a typewriter in the corner.*

ECHO: How thoughtful.

*She walks through the adjacent door and find a simple utilitarian bedroom for Animatronic Edge...utilitarian, that is, save for the cat toys and the cupboard full of WD-40.*

ECHO: Industrial strength! MacPhisto must really like you!

*Animatronic Edge smiles. He sets the kitten down and watches it play with a catnip mouse. The butler bows out just before ScottPhisto enters.*

SCOTTPHISTO: This place is awesome! I didn't realize it was so huge!

ECHO: Isn't it? It's like...you could have a whole adventure...and there could be a whole bunch of other people, having an adventure in the same house...and neither of you even knows about each other...*Contemplates this for a minute.* Hmph. Well, so what do you want to do first?

SCOTTPHISTO: Brutally avenge MacPhisto's cruel treatment of me.

ECHO: Um, I was thinking, lunch.

SCOTTPHISTO: *shrugs* I could eat.

*The three go down to the kitchen. There don't seem to be any staff on duty, so they rifle through the cupboards.*

SCOTTPHISTO: *reads box* "Satan-O's"?

ECHO: Don't eat those. They're for divine beings only. They'll make you sick.

SCOTTPHISTO: *reads carton* "I Can't Believe It's Not The Rapture."

ECHO: *sigh* Have a Twinkie.

SCOTTPHISTO: A Twinkie!? *examines package* Oh man...MacPhisto's not the only one that's been around for four thousand years.

ECHO: Listen, I kind of got an agenda for the next couple days. Can you take Animatronic Edge for a while so I can go get my freak on with the real deal?

SCOTTPHISTO: Sure thing. He can help me carry out my evil plan.

ECHO: Scott?

SCOTTPHISTO: Yeah?

ECHO: Promise me your plan is not going to involve any tactical nuclear weapons.

SCOTTPHISTO: Well...

ECHO: Or Brian Eno.

SCOTTPHISTO: *crosses arms defiantly* I'm not promising anything.

ECHO: *sigh* Here's his remote. Now if you want to shut him down, press this button, then hit this switch. If he malfunctions, what you have to do is...

SCOTTPHISTO: Woman! I know what I'm doing! *Grabs remote from her* You go get your freak on, I can handle everything.

ECHO: Well, alright, but if he goes haywire...

SCOTTPHISTO: I can handle it! Geez, you worry too much.

ECHO: Scott, I swear, if for whatever reason Animatronic Edge catches fire...

SCOTTPHISTO: Scram!

ECHO: Fine...*leaves*

SCOTTPHISTO: Hmph. Now then. Soooo...*to Animatronic Edge* How does this thing work?

*Animatronic Edge shrugs.*

SCOTTPHISTO: I see...

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-27-2001).]

*Bona and Larry head back to their room and they pass Echo along the way. Bona walks up to her and gives her a hug.*
Bona: Echo! So good to see you! When did you get here?
Echo: Just a few minutes ago. How are you feeling?
Bona: *avoiding the demon-possibility* Fine, just fine. A little out of whack with the wedding and the baby, but good overall. You?
Echo: Fine. Hey, listen, have you seen Edge yet?
Larry: He just called a few minutes ago, he's on his way.
Echo: Great. Thanks.
*She walks off speedily, calling back as she leaves*
Echo: Congratulations, by the way!
Bona and Larry: Thanks!

*In the ballroom, the first guests are starting to arrive. By the bar stand two beings, one in a large pink dress and a tall crown. Her hair falls in red locks past her shoulders and she holds a wand. She speaks in a sweet voice to her companion.*
Glinda: Well, I just couldn't find a good gift for the happy couple! I'm at such a loss!
Random Fairy: Why don't you cast a spell for them?
Glinda: Fabulous idea! I have just the one.
*She starts chanting in a quiet voice, moving her wand in small motions*
Glinda: Fever and kisses, love and all passion within, Larry Mullen shall love the temptress forever, with passion no end!
Random Fairy: That was sweet, Glinda, but I don't think Bona's a temptress anymore...
Glinda: Oh, dear I do believe you're right, but I can't reverse it for quite some time! For now, he'll fall in love with the first temptress he sees... Oh, I do hope this doesn't cause much trouble.
Random Fairy: You know, there's bound to be plenty of temptresses here, and for that there'll be plenty of trouble!
*The two fairies contemplate each other with panicked looks.*

*Back in the bedroom, Larry and Bona are getting ready to sleep. The next day will be busy with planning and preparations. Bona lies peacefully in the bed, waiting for her beloved Larry. He finally climbs in and clutches Bona to him tightly.*
Bona: *wistfully, as an anxious bride would be* Think, Lars...
Larry: Yeah?
Bona: The next time we sleep in the same bed it'll be as Mr. and Mrs. Mullen...
Larry: It's an overwhelming thought, isn't it?
Bona: It is...
*Bona falls asleep quickly, but Larry can't seem to fall asleep. Something feels weird, like his heart is changing somehow. He watched Bona as she slept, so graceful and beautiful. Larry loved her more than anything and he always would...*

*AnPhisto arrives with Bono (2001 Bono that is, but we can call him Paul) at Mc's mansion. She parks her red mustang on an empty parking lot. It seems like only few guests have arrived*

An: Looks like we are early, dear
Paul: It's never early in Mac's place, precious *gives her a kiss on the cheek*
An: *moaning while she kisses him back* Ok then, shall we enter?
Paul:*Smiling widely* Whatever you desire... *he kisses her hand while she giggles*

*Paul steps out of the car and opens the door for An. They hold hands, they kiss passionately and they walk towards the main door. They see few decorations on the frontage of the mansion, and they wonder if they really arrived too early. But knowing this is Mc's lair, they decide to enter*

*Few guests are inside the ball room, dancing to slow music, talking about the near wedding or having a drink. Suddenly, Echo appears on the ballroom (without AE!) and approaches the couple*

Echo: * kisses elegantly both paul and An on the cheek* look who we have here! Paul and An! Nice seeing you together * hugs the couple happily*
An and Paul: Thank you Echo.*They kiss and smile at each other*
An: So Echo, where is AE? Don't tell me you left him at home?
Paul: And did Scott came too?
Echo: No An. I left AE with Scott. And yes Paul, Scott is here, he's on the kitchen.
An: Eating as always, right?
Echo: What else can he do?

*The three of them laugh "apropiately"*

Echo: Paul: Is Edge coming? *anxious for the answer*
Paul: Yes he his. He told me he just had to finish reading his magazine and...
Echo:*interrupting* Control Enginnering?
Paul: you know it Echo *laughs a little* and then he was going to get a suit. Maybe now he's on his way here.
Echo: I really hope so. I can't wait to see him. Well darlings, I'm leaving you alone for the moment. Maybe Edge is already here and I want to say hi to him soon *hugs the couple again* Gotta run!
An and Paul: Until later, Echo!

*An and Paul drink their martinis,And start to talk about the future couple. Paul was talking when Ana interrumped him*

An:*surprised* Look,Paul! *pointing at a corner on another empty room* There is Fly, and he has blood over his face!
PaulCalmly Something bad happened here
An: Mackie!
Paul: *noding* affraid so precious

*They keep looking at Fly when Bonotempter appeared at their sight. He was walking all over the room, looking very worried, talking to Fly and conforting him*

*Bluephisto opened her eyes, or at least she thought she opened her eyes. The room was as black as it was before. She tried to move, her hands were tied to the hard table below her. There were indistinguishable noises beyond, none of them pleasant. A door opened and a figure entered, his tall shadow stetching long across the floor ... Screwtape.*
Bluephisto:*Yelling* NO! *She bolted upright in the bed, sweating and panicked. She was in Macphisto's room...She looked down at her arms, they were smooth and whole...it was just a dream. She had this dream once before when they brought her back, she hadn't had any desire to sleep since. She rushed to the adjoining bathroom, examining herself in the mirror.*
Bluephisto: I'm fine...I'm okay. It was just a dream...just a dream. *She was a temptress now, and even just awakened by a nightmare, she looked the part. Calmed a little, she turned on every light in the room and pulled her closet open to decide what to wear. Through the window a familiar shape caught her eye, she could see Macphisto standing in the window to his office across the courtyard looking at her in the bedroom. She smiled and waved at him, and he blew her a kiss, grinning. The phone on a mahogany table rang. She answered,*
Bluephisto: Hello?
Macphisto: Good morning beautiful... *She looked up, he was still standing in the window of the office, holding the phone and grinning* Did you sleep well?
Bluephisto: Yes, very well. I feel much better.
Macphisto: Is everything alright? *She realized he probably sensed that she woke up in distress*
Bluephisto: Yes, everything is wonderful I just had a silly dream that's all...Are you coming? I imagine the guests are arriving.
Macphisto: I will in a little while, I have some thing to attend to.
Bluephisto: *Pouting* What affairs?
Macphisto: It's a surprise. I can't tell you...*He has lit a cigar and is smoking it, looking at her.* Go ahead and join the party without me.
Bluephisto: If I have to...
Macphisto: I won't be too long.
Bluephisto: I bet I could speed you up.
Macphisto: Oh could you?
*Bluephisto turns around and begins unbuttoning her dress, exposing her back to the window. She slides the straps off her shoulders one at a time and turns, just as the dress is beginning to fall, she snaps the drapes closed with a wicked smile on her face. She picked up the phone...it was dead. Bluey peeked through the drapes to see Macphisto walking quickly out his door with a mischevious grin on his face. She laughed. This temptress thing came in handy. There was a knock at the door.*
Bluephisto: That was quick! *She tossed a dark red slip on and opened the door, leaning against the frame seductively. It was Larry. He looked like he'd been hit by a truck. Bluephisto hid behind the door quickly, embarassed*
Bluephisto: Oh my God! Larry! I'm so sorry, I thought you were Macky. *She threw a long robe on over the skimpy slip and met Larry again, highly mortified.* How can I help you?
Larry: Bluey?
Bluephisto: Yes...Are you alright Larry?
Larry: Ehm,...I'm just..*He looked like he was sweating and he covered his eyes with his hand for a second, then looked at her again intently*
Bluephisto: Larry? What's going on?
Larry: I ...I never noticed before.
Bluephisto: Noticed what?
Larry: *He looked her up and down suspiciously* Are you doing some weird devil thing to me!?
Bluephisto: No...Larry are you drunk?
Larry: No! No...I just..wow...this is wrong. I have to go...*Bluephisto leaned out the door, her robe slipping open a little. Larry stares and she quickly closes it. This was completely strange for him. He had to be drunk. He turned and walked closer to her, leaning in as if to confide in her.*Bluey...I ...I love you Bluey.
Bluephisto: *Patting him on the shoulder in a condescending sisterly way, chalking it up to drunk talk.* Yeah, that's sweet Lar, I love ya too. I think you need to go have some coffee now or somthing.
*Larry looks like he's going to say something, when Macphisto comes tearing around the hallway with a silly grin on his face but skids to a stop when he sees someone else in the hallway and resumes his usual ultra-stylish strut and smirk.*
Macphisto: Hello Larry!
Larry: Mac...
Macphisto: *Inhaling deeply and looking at Bluey like she is dessert* Darling...*He slides an arm around her waist and ushers her into the bedroom, brushing Larry off over his shoulder* Excuse us Larry, I have to talk to Bluey in the bedroom immediately. *Larry reaches up and grabs Macphisto by the shoulder*
Larry: No.
*Bluey and Macphisto both look at Larry with raised eyebrows...Larry himself looks puzzled.*
Macphisto: Larry...is something wrong?
Larry: Yes! *He struggles to find something to say*...Ehm... The Fly wants to talk to you.
Macphisto: He does?
Larry: Yes, right now, you better go find him.
Macphisto: *Sighs and looks at Bluephisto with regret.* I have to go straighten him, ...I mean this out.
Bluephisto: What are you going to do?
Macphisto: Nothing foolish dearest.
Bluephisto: No more fighting.
Macphisto: Fine. No more fighting. *He pulls her closer and whispers to her* We will continue this later...*Bluephisto kisses him deeply and he pulls away, blushing a little and laughing*
Bluephisto: You're blushing...
Macphisto: Shush. If I am it's only because you're being evil.
Bluephisto: That's my job now isn't it?
Larry: You better go now Mac.
*Macphisto smiles and blows Bluey a kiss and walks down the hall. Bluey looks adoringly after him*
Larry: *Bitterly* You can do better than him Bluey. *She laughs, not looking at his face.*
Bluephisto: You're funny Lar. Come in, I just need to figure out what to wear. I can never decide...what is Bona wearing?
Larry: Bona? *He looks very guilty all of a sudden and looks at the floor*
Bluephisto: Yes, what is she wearing?
Larry: I don't know... *he watches Bluey sort through the massive closet. He feels so odd! He loves and adores Bona, but when Bluey answered the door it was like he saw really saw her for the first time. How could he have been so blind? But he felt terrible, Bona was sleeping in bed, carrying his child and here he was ogling some temptress? He got up, disgusted with himself and started to leave when Bluey came out of the small bathroom wearing a long emerald green ballgown. She looked like a goddess and Larry froze, involuntarily transfixed. She didn't even notice, she thought of Larry like a little brother and went on putting on her shoes and pinning her hair up. She fished a dazzling pair of diamond earring from a black box and a matching necklace.*
Bluephisto: Lar, could you do this up in the back? She handed him the diamonds and turned holding her hair off of her neck.
Larry: Sure....*He stepped towards her and his mouth went dry. He could feel heat radidating from her bare shoulders not inches away from him. He dropped the necklace* I'm sorry...I can't do this.
Bluephisto: *She laughed and bent down, picking it up and tossing it back to him* It's okay Lar, diamonds are kind of tough that way. *She held her hair up again and looked at him over her shoulder. Larry slowly draped the chain around her neck and his fingers brushed her skin when he fumbled with the clasp. Finally he was done and he backed away from her, horrified at what he was feeling. He didn't want to feel this way. Bluey turned around casually and headed out of the room*
Bluephisto: Thanks Lar, you sure you're okay?
Larry: *nods bashfully*
Bluephisto: Are you coming down?
Larry: No...not right now. I should go see Bona.
Bluephisto: Alright, I'll see you there. *She left and when she was gone from view Larry rushed back to his and Bona's room. She was still sleeping and he crawled into bed beside her, relieved. This was the woman he loved...What he felt up there was probably just prewedding jitters, or maybe he was getting sick, feverish. That was it, he was getting sick... Bona woke up and looked at him and he smiled. So happy to have the world make sense again.*
Larry: Bona, I love you...
Bona: I love you Larry, did you just sit here and wait for me to wake up to say that?
Larry: Yes. You know that you're the only woman for me.
Bona: Of course Larry, I trust you implicitly.
*Larry holds his fiance in his arms, relieved and guilty*

*The Fly woke up and then wished he hadn't*
The Fly: Jesus Christ! *His head, his back, his face, his neck, everything hurt. Bono leaned over him, a sad little smile on his face*
Bono: Good morning Fly, how are you feeling?
The Fly: Can you knock me out again?
Bono: No sorry Fly.
The Fly: *Everything comes back to him, sitting in the room fuming, deciding Mac made it up just to get to him, the fight...and accidently hitting Bluephisto.* Bono! Where's Bluey?
Bono: She's upstairs resting.
The Fly: I have to see her I have to explain *He tries to sit up but winces* I didn't mean to hit her!
Bono: She knows that.
The Fly: I still want to see her. I feel terrible.
Bono: Not a good idea right now. Why don't you just take it easy there?
The Fly: Is she okay?
Bono: She's fine.
The Fly: Poor baby...God I feel like an ass! *He pulls a cigar from his pocket and lights it, sitting again*
Bono: So why'd you do it?
The Fly: Do what?
Bono: Punch him...What made you so angry?
The Fly: *Starting to get angry again just thinking about it* He lied. He said Bluey asked him to marry her, she'd never do that.
Bono: Y'know, he's one of us, he can't lie.
The Fly: *Beginning to pace angrily and punctiating his words by flinging his cigar around and smoking* Oh for the love of - He's the same bloody GUY! Why does everyone think that he's magically turned into some sort of sweetheart by now!? He's still a pompous son of a bitch who will do anything to get what he wants!!
Bono: Just calm down for a minute Fly.
The Fly: I will NOT CALM DOWN! No one sees what I see and they aren't going to until it's too late and he breaks her heart again! And maybe she'll just take him back, like she always does and it will happen over and over and over.
Bono: And you think you're better for her?
The Fly: *As if it's painfully obvious* YES!! *Bono notices a lovely couple peeking in the doorway and he smiles and closes the door. The Fly continues his tirade* I mean what have I ever done to hurt her!? NOTHING! And look at me, I am a total jackass, I SHOULD be the guy burning her and cheating on her left and right shouldn't I? But I'm not and I'll tell you why I'm not...I love her. I just want to make her happy and it makes me want to rip my hair out watching her just throw herself away on that ASSHOLE!
*The Fly hears someone clearing his throat and he turns, Macphisto is standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.*
The Fly: How long have you been standing--? Nevermind...I don't care you need to hear this as much as she does.
Macphisto: This is why you wanted to see me?
The Fly: I don't want to see you!
Macphisto: You didn't send Larry?
The Fly: NO! Are you DEAF? *The FLy passes a mirror and gasps at all the dried blood on his face. He raises his shades to reveal a very black eye* Look what you've done to me!
Macphisto: *Cooly* That's my line...
The Fly: How is she?
Macphisto: She's fine now, no thanks to you.
The Fly: You KNOW that was an accident. I'd rather chop my own arm off than hurt her!
Macphisto: Well then, the next time you decide to pick a fight with me remind me to bring you a saw and an aspirin.
The Fly: So what...you're here to finish me off now?
Macphisto: Sadly, no.
The Fly: Why not?
Macphisto: I promised her I wouldn't. *The Fly smiles* Don't let it go to your head you idiot. She is still as much of an angel as I am a devil, which by your account is a substantial proportion.
The Fly: Well thanks. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to reassemble my face.
Macphisto: Big words! You've been reading again haven't you? *He turns away from the frustrated Fly to face the fireplace, smoking.* The real reason you're not dead right now is that you pulled her out of Hell when I couldn't. She wouldn't be here at all if you didn't do what you did...*there is silence between them as The Fly realises that Macphisto is thanking him*
The Fly: Yeah well, I did that for purely selfish reasons... As I remember it we were still engaged to be married.
Macphisto: *Smirking and throwing his cigar into the fire* Don't push your luck Fly...I'm an angel, not a saint. *He leaves. Bono helps The Fly get cleaned up, and they join the party which is now in full swing. Fairies and witches and rock Gods and scientists, glitterati and litterati mingle over martinis laughing. For once, it's like the old parties Macphisto used to throw...The Fly feels a hand on his shoulder and turns to face a strange pair of women.One looks like a frumpy brown-haired housewife who fell into Elton John's closet, and the other has a blonde behive and more makeup on than any of the devils in the room.*
Eddie: Sweeetie Daaaaaaaaaarling!
The Fly: Hey, Eddie baby! Haven't seen you in ages. And Patsy, how could I forget ya? Gimme a a hug!
Pasty: *From behind three martini glasses* I would darling, but the makeup, the makeup...
The Fly: I just want a hug Pats!
Patsy: I know...but it doesn't look good from up close sweetie.
*The Fly and Patsy and Eddie stand around for a long time critiquing everyone's clothes. Patsy and Eddie do most of the critiquing, The Fly does most of the snickering...*
Eddie: Horrible, horrible darling. *Gasp* But who darling is that over there!?
Patsy: Good god! Are those diamonds!?
The Fly: Oh yeah, that's Bluey, lemme introduce you!
Patsy: Introduce me from far away darling...the makeup you know.
*Bluephisto is standing in the crowd looking around at all the guests and leaning against a table. She is starting to feel a little weak in the knees. Suddenly she spies a familiar face and brightens as she waves*
Bluephisto: Fishy!!!
MacFishto: Bluey!!
*They hug like old friends and Fishy steps back to look at her, gasping at the horns and the diamonds*
Fishy: Dearest...what happened to you!? Last I saw you in the limo you were an...
Bluephisto: An angel I know. But I ended up switching teams I suppose
Fishy: And that necklace! How opulent! Where did you get it?
Bluephisto: A present from Mackie. He's so sweet.
Fishy: Ahhh, so you are still together?
Bluephisto: Yes, yes...quite happily. He is such a dear when you get to know him. Are you seeing anyone Fishy?
Fishy:*taking two champange glasses froma waiter and drinking them both* Not at the moment, no. But I have someone in mind I'm hoping to see here.
Bluephisto: Really? Who?
Fishy: I'm supposed to be the nosy one here Bluey! If I tell you it will jinx it.
Bluephisto: *Knowing MacFishto cannot resist a secret* Fishy...if you tell me who it is, maybe I'll tell you something too.
Fishy: *Taking the hook* Is it something good?
Bluephisto: You'd be one of the first to know.
Fishy: Well...I suppose I can trust you.
Bluephisto: Fabulous, tell me dear. *She leans down and Fishy whispers into her ear*
Fishy: Well, you know that other angel? The one with the gold wings?
Bluephisto: Adam!? NO!!!
Fishy: SHHHH! Yes, I rather thought he was a bit of a dish for an angel.
Bluephisto: I'll see what I can do deary.
Fishy: Now you tell! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!
Bluephisto: I'll show you...*She flashes her ring at Fishy who squeals*
Fishy: NO WAY!
Bluephisto: *Shushing Fishy* Yes...we are getting married.
Fishy: You and Mac?
Bluephisto: Yes...speaking of whom...*Macphisto makes his way towards them with a glass of wine in his hand*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-27-2001).]

*Larry holds his fiance in his arms, relieved and guilty*

*Bona buries her face in Larry's neck.*
Bona: Larry, are you okay?
Larry: *relieved to be in his fiancee's arms* I've never been better.
Bona: Are you sure? You seem kinda disturbed.
Larry: I'm fine. *sigh* The sooner we marry, the better.
Bona: *laughs* I'm anxious too, dear. *she frees herself from Larry's arms and rises* We should get ready and join the party.
*She opens her closet and is careful to avoid the wedding dress hanging in it. She goes through it carefully*
Bona: Larry, what should I wear?
Larry: *without thinking, Bluey suddenly coming back to his mind* Green...
Bona: Green? Really?
Larry: Well... it was an idea.
*Bona rummages through her closet and finally settles on a ruby red gown, shimmering and sleeveless, falling to her ankles. It cuts down in a V on her neck and flatters her body nicely. She emerges the bathroom and smiles at Larry. His eyes have widened and his jaw hangs open. Larry walks over to her dresser and has chosen a necklace for her. He shows her a gold Y-shaped necklace studded with diamonds, a gold cross at the end. He places it around her neck. His hands shake a little as he does so, and when his hands brush her skin a surge of desire runs through his body. He exhales with great relief and joy and leans down, kissing the back of her neck. She turns and he loves the way the tail of the Y necklace falls elegantly between what clevage she has. Larry wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her up to him. He whispers in her ear, half to himself*
Larry: I love you. *he kisses her near her ears and bites gently at one of her earlobes.*
Bona: I love you too. You should dress...
Larry: You're right...
Bona: Why don't you wear those pants and that sweater I got you from Banana Republic last week?
Larry: Sure.
*He dresses and comes out in a pair of gray twill pants and a matching gray V-neck sweater, flattering his muscular chest wonderfully but not too tightly. He steps up to her again.*
Bona: *inhaling* Mmm... my favorite cologne. Thank you.
Larry: Shall we?
Bona: We shall.
*They head out to the ballroom and mingle with the guests. Suddenly though, Bona lurches forward again in pain and rushes to the nearest bathroom, Larry closely behind. Along the way, he runs headlong into Bluey, almost knocking her over. He reaches out and catches her and freezes when she looks into his eyes with releif.*
Bluey: Whew! Thanks Larry. That was close
Larry: I'm... I'm... sorry. Are you okay?
Bluey: I'm fine.
*Instinctively, Larry starts to lean down to kiss her, but the sound of Bona's violent vomiting snaps him back to reality and he lets her go, rushing into the bathroom after Bona. Bluey stands there, puzzled as to what just happened.*

*Adam is in the ballroom, standing peacefully against a wall when he senses Larry's thoughts. His attention is furthered, however, when Bona's thoughts intercept.*

Bona: *Adam sensing her in mid thought* God, I hope it's not what I think it is... This is definitely a demon I'm carrying, but if this is MacPhisto's baby I swear I'll...
*Adam nearly looses his balance and MacPhisto has heard this as well. He gives Adam a concerned and truly freaked out look and heads over to talk*
Adam: Mackie...
MacPhisto: *shakes his head* I don't know, Adam. I just don't know.
Adam: You love her, don't you.
*MacPhisto stares at Adam for a moment and slowly nods*

Meanwhile, in Hells' Kitchen?

*Scottphisto and Animatronic Edge survey the feast being prepared. Truly a heavenly spread, complete with the most exotic and fanciful entrees imaginable. Some, in fact, from other worlds and dimensions. A feast perfectly befitting Macphisto's unique (and expensive) tastes. *

*Naturally, Scottphisto is looking for some ketchup*

SCOTTPHISTO: Okay, this guy has friggin' Roast Gandark from Kuritu 7, some stuff I can't even pronounce from France, and deviled ham imported directly from Hell?AND YET I CAN'T EVEN FIND ANY DAMN KETCHUP?!?!?
*A. Edge rolls eyes*
*Scottphisto continues to throw things out of the refrigerator in a desperate attempt to find his sacred ketchup, uttering various obcenities under his breath as A. Edge blushes constantly*
*Finally, Macphisto's head chef, Andre, comes in, carrying a meat cleaver*
ANDRE: *In thick hungarian accent* What you doing here? You making mess of kitchen!
SCOTTPHISTO: *startled, he rises, banging his head on the fridge door* OW! Oh, hey, maybe you can help?I'm looking for ketchup?
ANDRE: *Incredibly furious* KETCHUP?? YOU DEFILE THE WORK OF ANDRE WITH?.KETCHUP??? I KEEEELL YOU!!!! *raises meat cleaver*
SCOTTPHISTO: AAAH!!!!
*Both A. Edge and Scottphisto scram*

SCOTTPHISTO: *pant pant pant* Man?stupid Hungarian Human Chef Guy?
*A. Edge nods*
SCOTTPHISTO: Yeah. Well, let's go find good ol' Mackie and "thank" him for that "wonderful" spell he gave me?
*A. Edge rolls eyes again, this time it's seen by Scottphisto*
SCOTTPHISTO: Boy, Echo really did a good job on you?
*A. Edge blushes*
SCOTTPHISTO: I MEAN YOUR PROGRAMMING, you C3-P0 knock off! You both roll your eyes at me all the damn time...Well, let's go find Mac.
*The duo traipse through the halls of the mansion, meeting and greeting. *
SCOTTPHISTO: They seem to be more interested in you, Edge-Bot. *sigh* Especially the ladies. Heh. Word must have gotten out about your "special features"?
*A. Edge bluuuush*
SCOTTPHISTO: *Sees Mac over by Adam* HEY!! There he is! C'mon, A.E.!
*They walk briskly toward Mac. Suddenly, Scottphisto collides with an waiter, knocking both Scottphisto and A. Edge (and don't forget the waiter) clean off their feet and making a bit of a commotion*
SCOTTPHISTO: Ow! What the-?*shakes head*
*From across the hall, Macphisto turns to look.*
MACPHISTO: Fantastic. As if my dealings with the Fly weren't taxing enough?now, Scottphisto?
*A. Edge gets up immediately, but has lost his kitten?his eyes well up with oil and his chin starts to quiver*
SCOTTPHISTO: Edge-Bot, what's wrong? Edge-Bo-?. *Realization* Oh man. Okay, we gotta find it. There's some beings here that would love to eat a pussy?
*A. Edge blushes big time*
SCOTTPHISTO?cat.
*A. Edge sighs, stops blushing?then, as realization sets in, begins to panic*
SCOTTPHISTO: Easy, big guy. We'll find him.
MACPHISTO: *Walks over* *Dryly* Well, if it isn't Scottphisto. Nice suit.
SCOTTPHISTO: Hey, Mac. Nice shindig ya got goin' on here.
MACPHISTO: Yes, it is. Full of sophisticates from all over, brought here to celebrate a wonderful event. Why are YOU here?
SCOTTPHISTO: What? I came with Echo.
MACPHISTO: YOU know Echo? Was she slumming?
SCOTTPHISTO: Smart ass. What, are you surprised that I know one of your "sophisticates?"
MACPHISTO: I'm surprised she tolerates you. *thinks* Does she know of our "past?"
SCOTTPHISTO: Heck no. I may have spent a lot of time on Earth, but I haven't forgotten my roots. Unlike some Phistos I know?
MACPHISTO: *sigh* Look, Scottphisto, now isn't a good time. I have?matters to attend to. Please be kind enough to keep a low profile while you?re here. This is a very important occasion and I don't need your unique brand of mischief.
SCOTTPHISTO: Speaking of mischief, I have a bone to pick with you- *A. Edge tugs on Scottphisto's jacket* Just a minute, A.E. *To Mac* That "Instant Grooming" Spell you gave me?
MACPHISTO: *Stifling a laugh* You?you used the Grooming Spell? *Snicker*
SCOTTPHISTO: Yeah, you laugh it up, Sequin-Boy, I'll kick yer arse so hard you'll need your platform shoe to pry-
MACPHISTO: *Patience gone* Scottphisto, don't make me laugh. You couldn't kick your way out of a cardboard box. Besides, you'll have to stand in line behind Fly. Now, if you'll excuse me?*Walks back toward Adam*
SCOTTPHISTO: *Under breath* You think you know me so well, Macphisto. Well, I know a few things about you, too?
*A. Edge nudges Scottphisto*
SCOTTPHISTO: Huh? OH, right?the kitten. Well, it couldn't have gotten far, man?
*search search search*

*Bluephisto stood in the hallway for a moment...She could not interpret it any other way, Larry tried to kiss her. She knew how devoted he was to Bona, and Larry wasn't the cheating sort. But he had looked at her in a way she had never seen him look at her before. She was ashamed to admit...part of her liked it. Not that she was attracted to Larry, but suddenly she tasted the satisfaction that having that kind of power over men can bring. She smiled a little. A man she didn't recognize came ambling down the hall. She leaned against the wall, and when he looked at her she smiled at him through the dark tendrils of her hair...the man kept walking but he turned his head as he passed to look at her, and ran into a wall. Embarassed, he picked himself up and mumbled something and kept walking sheepishly, looking at her.*
Bluephisto: *laughing softly* Interesting... *Perhaps playing with this new power of hers would distract her from the reason she came up here in the first place...she was dizzy. Very dizzy, all of a sudden, as though she might faint. She had never fainted before and didn't want to start in front of 500 wedding guests so she had come up here for some privacy and quiet. Her curiousity was piqued, however, by her discovery. She took the main staircase back down to the party, leaning against the bannister as she went and observing men's reactions to her as she merely looked at them and smiled. Some blushed, others looked away quickly...but she could sense what they thought of her when they saw her. She saw herself as they saw her...By the time she reached the party, she was supremely confident and radiant. Heads turned and jaws dropped. Macphisto was no where to be found and neither was Adam. She frowned...*
Bluephisto: Oh well. I'll have to find a way to kill time I suppose.

*The Fly was in the middle of a conversation with Bill Clinton and Sting when Bluephisto reentered the room*
The Fly: YEAH! No kidding Willy, we have to go check that out some...*His voice trailed off into his scotch glass and his lips hung open...* Scuse me, Will. *he shoved his way through the crowd to the foot of the stairs where four or five young men were already offering her drinks and their arms. She smiled at them knowingly, and began..*
Bluephisto: Now boys...I will accept your drinks but you know very well I'm a taken woman.
The Fly: Hey sugar.
Bluephisto: *Looks at the Fly, her expression hardens and she motions for the boys to leave, which they do, reluctantly* Don't call me that.
The Fly: I just came over here to say that you look...amazing, I mean...you knocked the wind out of me from across the room babe, what did you do?
Bluephisto: *Snapping at him* FLY! First you attack the man that I love for no reason, then you knock me nearly unconscious and now you expect me to pretend nothing happened? Stay away from me.
Fly: Bluey...let me explain.
Bluephisto: Go away Fly. I can't talk to you now.
*She rushed away from him, locking herself in an adjoining room.*
Bluephisto: Oh my God...this is insane. *She was not angry with The Fly, she was scared. She felt the desire that men felt when they looked at her, but when they looked at her, she could control it. She had already learned to manipulate reflexive lust, how to sense it, but not feel it. But when The Fly looked at her, it was different. The signal was somehow stronger, frighteningly strong, like music that hurts the ears, or like staring at the sun. It was deafening, blinding, burning, overwhelming...then she realized what it was. It was love. He really loved her, and it was terrifying. Now she knew why Macphisto said that she used to scare him so much, why he ran to Bona to relieve this scorching heat, it was just too much to sit still and feel. Since she became a devil she was grateful for the semi-numbness that sometimes decended over her, but The Fly destroyed all that.*
Bluephisto: That settles it, I can't see him anymore. I just won't. This is ridiculous. I'll just get someone to ask him to leave.
*She stood from her place on an old green couch, but began coughing. The room spun and she felt like she couldn't breathe ... everything went grey.*
Bluey....Bluephisto, wake up.
*Bluephisto opened her eyes, Fishy was kneeling over her looking very worried*
Fishy: There you are. I came in to offer you a drink and you were on the floor. Are you alright?
Bluephisto: Yes...I'm fine. My dress must be laced a little tight. *Fishy helped Bluephisto off the antique rug and brushed her green skirt smooth. Bluephisto's eyes closed again and she swayed. Fishy caught her arms, alarmed at the former archangel's fragile state. She was thin, and white, and looked exhausted.*
Fishy: Bluey...you're sick aren't you? *Silence* Bluey...what's going on?
Bluephisto: *She lays down on the green couch and Fishy sits gingerly beside her. She pleads with Fishy in a tired, sad voice* Fishy...don't make me talk about it, okay?
Fishy: I think I should get one of the angels to look at you.
Bluephisto: No. I don't want to.
Fishy: Why?
Bluephisto: They'll just make me talk about it..and maybe I don't want to know. Please Fishy, keep this between us...I'm begging you. I'll be fine, I'm just stressed and tired and maybe a little sick but it's no big deal. Now could you hand me a drink?
Fishy: I dunno Bluey, you don't look so good.
Bluephisto: *Pouting* Fishy, that's not a nice thing to tell an ailing woman! *She smiles* Now about that drink...

*AnPhisto is coming out from the ladies restroom when she almost trips over something*

An: Oh my! *looks down* Awwww!!!! *grins* What a cute thing!!!

*She reaches for a little kitten that looks frightened. She pets him and suddenly realizes something*

An: *to herself* This kitty looks like A.E.'s one. I better find Scott, he was the one taking care of A.E.

*She searchs for him, and after a while, she sees A.E. on a corner, pouting and almost crying (because I fugure he can't cry, right?)*

An: *sad* Is this yours? *Shows A. E. the kitten*

*A. E. nods*

*A.E. takes the little kitty and pets it. Then he points to the other side of the room, An looks towards and sees Scott chating with a very beautiful temptress*

An and A.E.: *nod*

*MG drives up to the Macphisto Mansion alone*

MG:*gets out of the car looking at the mansion* Gah, I dunno why I came here, I mean i'm coming to the wedding of the man that I love the most. *sigh* I loved Larry and I still love him. *walks into the ballroom and looks around*

MG:*walks up to AnPhisto and AE* Hey guys

AnPhisto:*hugs her* MG, I can't believe you actually came here.

MG:*sighs* Yes, I don't know what i'm doing here myself, I guess I just wanted to see the man I love give himself away to another woman *eyes get watery* Excuse me. *walks into the hall and finds Bluephisto with Fishy* Hey girls. *pauses* Bluey are you ok? you look bad.

Bluephisto:*hugs Cristy with little strength* Hi Cristy, i'm glad you came, We weren't expecting you to come.

MG:Yes but well here I am. I mean Bona is my friend so that's mostly why I decided to come. *stands next to the girls and sighs* I can't believe i'm losing the love of my life.

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

*Larry lets her go, rushing into the bathroom after Bona.*

*When she finishes her vomiting fit, she rinses her mouth and Larry is stunned to see that she's wiping away blood.*
Larry: Oh my God, Bona...
Bona: Larry, this isn't even the beginning of it. I'm carrying a demon and these are only the beginning symptoms.
*Larry searches her face, worried.*
Bona: Larry, what a demon like this does... it's killing me from the inside out, literally eating me alive.
*Wordlessly, he wraps an arm around her and pulls her closer, kissing her forehead and holding her tightly. She curls into him and her tears fall onto his shirt.*
Bona: The pain is unbearable.
Larry: Is there nothing we can do?
Bona: I don't know, Larry... but I should go fix my makeup and we should get to the party.
*After fixing herself, they head back out to the party. Larry stays close by Bona's side, almost hiding behind her from Bluey. From a hallway off the main ballroom Adam and MacPhisto stand and wave her over. She starts to head toward them, Larry at her heels.*
Bona: Hi, Adam...
Adam: Can we have a minute with you, Bona?
Bona: Sure...
MacPhisto: Ehm, without Larry if you don't mind.
Larry: *hesitantly* Okay...
Bona: It'll be okay, I'll only be a few minutes. Why don't you get a drink? I'll join you in a few minutes.
*She kisses him on the cheek and Larry heads over to the bar while Bona, Adam and MacPhisto lead her to a room down the hall. They enter and Adam closes the door. MacPhisto looks nervous and stands with his hands on his hips. Even in his nervous state Bona can't help but notice how utterly beautiful he is.*
Bona: What can I do for you?
MacPhisto: How are you feeling?
Bona: It's starting to get worse...
Adam: *to Mac* How much longer do you suppose she has?
MacPhisto: *shakes his head* I don't know. Not long.
Bona: I wish there was something we can do...
Adam: It would help if we knew for sure who the father is...
*Bona looks up in shock at the two angels and MacPhisto approaches her.*
MacPhisto: You're thinking this baby could be mine.
Bona: You know it's definitely a possibility.
MacPhisto: It would be much easier to cure if this is just something Screwtape pulled.
Bona: Is there something we can do?
MacPhisto: As long as the baby's not mine, yes. But if it is mine... *chuckles* we can't change genetics.
*Bona starts to feel a tear stream down her cheek and she drops her head into her hands. MacPhisto comes over and takes her in his arms comfortingly, rocking her a little. His embrace reminds her suddenly of when they'd spend weeks on end in bed and around the world, wherever they possibly could exchange the throws of lust and passion for the throws of Hell. Part of her longed for him again but she pushed the possiblility to the back of her mind.*
MacPhisto: How can we tell?
*Adam walks up and takes Bona from Mac's arms and he sits her on the bed.*
Adam: Mac, watch me closely, this has to involve you...

*Back in the main ballroom, Larry sits sipping a rum and coke. Mullen-Girl walks up to him hesitantly and sits down.*
MG: Hi Larry...
*Larry looks over and is very surprised to see his former girlfriend. He smiles amiably*
Larry: Hi. It's good to see you here... *awkward pause* I wasn't expecting you to come.
MG: Neither was I... so how have you been?
Larry: Great. Although I have been a bit worried about Bona. She's been sick...
MG: I hear you two are expecting.
Larry: *his face brightens* Yes we are.
*another awkward pause, the kind you experience when running into an old flame*
MG: So... are you nervous at all?
Larry: A little, but more anxious than anything.
MG: Congratulations...
Larry: Thanks.
*There is a few moments of silence and Larry looks over at her and sees a tear fall down her face.*
Larry: *leaning toward her a little* Are you okay?
MG: I can't believe I'm losing you...
*Larry is speechless and his stomach drops.*
Larry: I'm... I'm sorry. *he has no idea what to tell her* Ehm, I hope you enjoy yourself, I'm glad you came. *she doesn't reply* I have to go...
*He awkwardly gets up and spotting Bluey across the room, he walks up to her. His stomach flips with nerves and he tries as hard as possible to stop the sudden urge of desire running through his body, but there's something else there as well, something that he deems as being so wrong that he dismisses the possiblity. Nevertheless the words come out of his mouth regardless of his efforts to restrain them.*
Larry: Bluey, I love you.
Bluey: Thanks, Larry...
*He looks down at his shoes, wanting nothing but to run back to Bona and stop whatever is happening to him.*

*Bluey walked into the room and slammed the door. The Fly furrowed his brow and crossed his arms...something was NOT right. She was usually so vibrant, but lately she just looked like she was dimming. What's more, her recent "power-flirting" concerned him....He spotted Fishy looking for someone*
The Fly: Hey there little mama!
Fishy: Fly! *She hugs him quickly* I didn't expect to see you here.
The Fly: Yeah, yeah well...I always turn up where I am least wanted.
Fishy: You always did get under Mackie's skin...I remember that time that you super-glued all his shoes to the floor. *She laughs* That just killed me!
The Fly: *Smiling Proudly* I'm an expert. Say, have you talked to Bluey lately?
Fishy: You know Bluey?
The Fly: You could say that. *He looks down into his drink* She's been acting kinda funny, do you know what's going on?
Fishy: Not a clue. She is marrying Macky, I imagine she's happy.
The Fly: Well, the jury's still out on that one... Listen Fishy, she just stormed into that room, maybe you should bring her a drink or something? Just check on her?
Fishy: Oh, of course...
The Fly: Wait, I'll get it. *He scurries off to the bar and comes back with a martini with two olives* She likes these, or at least she used to.
Fishy: *Wondering if the Fly put anything funny in the drink, she smiles and takes a little sip, making a face* This is water..
The Fly: Yeah, it's kind of an inside joke...martini glass full of water, two olives. Don't mention me though, she's kind of pissed at me.
Fishy: You are a strange man Fly...*She smiles and air kisses his cheek and checks on Bluey*

*Macphisto sits with Adam in his office, both angels are quietly panicking*
Adam: What are you going to do?
Macphisto: I have no idea.
*Bono bursts in the room, in the same state*
Bono: There is no way I can think of to tell whose it is for certain. *He takes his long hair out of the ponytail it was pulled back in and runs a hand through it* I racked my brains the way over here, but...I just don't know. *He sits on the couch my Macphisto and rubs his shoulders with one hand* What are you going to do?
Macphisto: I still don't know.
Adam: Does Bluey know?
Macphisto: No more than I did, or do...
Bono: Does she know how you feel about...Bona?
Macphisto: No. It's not important.
Adam: How is that not important Mac?
Macphisto: It's just different. Yes, I love Bona, I think it's just transferred lust from when I was a demon...it got all... *He stands and paces, gesturing like a professor trying to illustrate a point* Any lust I still felt for her became converted into a kind of love when I became an angel... But she's nothing to me...NOTHING compared to Bluey.
Adam: You have to tell Bluey...it's unfair to her not to.
Macphisto: No. Absolutely not.
Bono: Mac, you can't marry her like this. She thinks it's one way and it's another, not telling her is the same as lying here!
Macphisto: Shut up. Both of you. *He leans over his desk, weary* If I tell her, she won't understand. She will hate me, do you have any idea how hard it was for her to trust me again!? I can't destroy that. She doesn't need to know, it doesn't mean anything.
Bono: So you're saying you have to decieve her to get her to continue trusting you?
Macphisto: All I'm saying is that the truth is that I love Bluephisto more than anyone. Ever.That's all she needs to know.
Adam: *Quietly* And what if the baby is yours? What are you going to do then?
Macphisto: *Defeated* I don't know. *He slumps into his office chair, and rubs his temples with his fingertips, as he confesses,* I'm so afraid of losing her.
Bono: I know, it's okay.
Macphisto: If I tell her this, and she doesn't understand what I mean...I have abused her trust too many times before, I doubt she'd forgive me anything again.
Adam: It'll be alright Mac. Bluey is a strong woman, you know that. We'll find a way through this.
Macphisto: Adam, she's a devil now. Haven't you noticed her changing? Everyday she's a little less patient, a little more cynical...it's not her fault, it's just that devils are not great at forgivness. If I break her heart again it will be for the last time, I have to be careful.
*At once, all three angels sense Bluey's fall. Without even having to look at each other the door is flung open and they are sprinting towards the ballroom. As they round the last corner, they all stop. Bluey is awake and chatting with MG and Fishy in the hallway. She is wan and tired looking, and the weakness of her previously powerful arms is obvious when she hugs MG. Macphisto gasps, how had he never noticed? She looks up at him and brightens immediately, her happiness makes her look much healthier, but Mac is still concerned*
Bluephisto: Mackie! *She smiles her wide bright grin and reaches a hand out to him. He looks worried.*
Macphisto: Darling, is everything alright? You looks so...*He looks down, she looks beautiful right now her eyes are sparkeling and her dazzling smile illuminates her face* beautiful.
Bluephisto: Thank you. Mackie, MG has decided to come! *Macphisto excusing himself for not greeting her*
Macphisto: Of course, MG! So glad you could make it darling. You look fantastic.
MG: Thanks Mac...have you seen Larry?
Macphisto: Not recently no, but he should be around here somewhere.
Bluephisto: I think he's been drinking, he's been acting very odd.
Fishy: *Remembers to give Bluey the drink* OH! Bluey, *She laughs* here's your drink...I forgot to hand it to you this whole time.
Bluephisto: *Accepting the drink* Thank you dear...Oh how rude of me! Adam, you remember Fishy don't you?
*Bluephisto notices with pleasure that Adam has become a little shy at the introduction, he looks at the floor for a second before shaking Fishy's hand*
Bluephisto: MG, Adam smacked Fishy on the head at another party and I think he owes her a dance! *She nudges them towards the ballroom*
Adam: Oh, I don't dance very much...
Fishy: Well, I do! *She takes his arm and leads him onto the dance floor. Bono asks MG to dance and leads her likewise into the ballroom. Bluephisto and Macphisto begin to follow when Macphisto stops and looks at her intently*
Macphisto: Are you sure that you feel like dancing?
Bluephisto: Yes, of course. I love dancing with you...*She moves to kiss him and he stops her, speaking slowly and seriously*
Macphisto: Bluey, what is wrong? You looked so tired...You worry me darling.
Bluephisto: Oh nothing, just feeling a little under the weather, that's all.
Macphisto: We felt you fall. What happened?
Bluephisto: Oh, my gown was laced a little too tight and I was dancing and drinking and I'm just still not used to the combination I suppose. Fishy came and slapped my hand and I was back up in a second. Don't be such a worry wart! Let's dance, please?
Macphisto: I worry because I love you...
Bluephisto: I know, I know. Come on now, I want to dance with my future husband...come on! *He still looks at her with doubt. She smiles devilishly and starts to walk down the stairs alone, teasing him* Well if you are too serious to dance with me, I'll just have to find someone who will!
Macphisto: You wouldn't dare...*he catches up to her quickly and walks with his bride to be to the dance floor, holding her tightly and swaying to the music...Wicked Game by Chris Issak* You know that I love you, don't you?
Bluephisto: Of course...But I don't get tired of hearing it.
*He kisses her gently, to the amusement of many guests, and pulls her closer to him fearing that if she knew, he would never hold her like this again...Adam has finished his dance with Fishy and motions for him to come to him. Macphisto looks up and sees Bona and Larry enter. Time to face the music
Macphisto: So sorry, darling I have to talk to Adam for a minute...*He kisses her again and she thinks he looks sad...*
Bluephisto: Is everything okay?
Macphisto: *Wishing he could lie* I'll just be a little while...I love you so much. *He kisses her again more intensely, and many guests stare...Before she can open her eyes he is across the room. Larry strides up to her. He looks drunk again. Bluey sighs.*
Bluephisto: Hi Larry.
Larry: Bluey, I love you.
Bluephisto: Thanks Lar.
*He looks down again, troubled*
Bluephisto: Larry, Larry? What's wrong?
Larry: I don't know...Well I do know but I...*He makes a frustrated gesture...the music starts up again and couple dance around them. Bluephisto naturally wraps her arms around Larry and dances with him, thinking nothing of it. Larry, however, is shaking from her touch, she was so beautiful. He couldn't believe he never noticed before...maybe if he met her first instead of Bona, they would be the ones getting married. He shoves the thought out of his head and bites his lip*
Bluephisto: Nice song.
Larry: Yeah, I ehm... you know I love ...*She looked up at him through her eyelashes, he crumbled* Bluey, I need to talk to you.
Bluephisto: Alright, go ahead.
Larry: Lately, I've been having these...I can't explain it...I mean I see you and I can't help thinking about what it would be like to...
Bluephisto: To what Larry?
Larry: I can't say. I shouldn't say. I shouldn't even be touching you, you make me think these things .
Bluephisto: Larry, are you drunk?
Larry: *With feeling, looking into her eyes* I love you Bluey. I'm falling in love with you, I can't help it. I can't explain it *As he speaks faster, his arms tighten around her and he dares to slide a hand across her bare back. She is shocked* But I saw you open the door and I...I wanted you. I don't know why I didn't see it before, I must have been blind! This isn't like me! I don't know what I'm doing, Bluey, but I can't stop thinking about you, it's like you did something to me. I want to stop but I can't!!!
Bluephisto: Larry, let me go. Right now.
Larry: No, I can't.
Bluephisto: Larry, you're talking crazy. Let me go.
Larry: Don't...just stay. *He presses into her running his hands down her back*
Bluephisto: You're not making sense, Larry! Stop it.
Larry: I'm sorry Bluey, I'm really sorry.
*Larry grabs her and kisses her passionately. Bluey struggles, but in her weakend state he holds her completely still. Finally he stops and she shoves him away, clearly angry*
Bluephisto: Larry! What the Hell are you doing!?
*Bona and Macphisto are standing near the edge of the dancefloor, shocked*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-28-2001).]

*Echo stands on that same balcony, the one she looked out from, to watch the sunrise, a week previously. She keeps a hawk's watch on the driveway below. Soon, Larry had said. He would be here soon. Each limo that arrived spat out increasingly glamorous people, and each time a door was opened Echo's heart leapt in her ribcage. But palpitation after palpitation proved in vain. Out stepped an arch-angel. Out stepped Brian Eno. Out stepped a senior devil. Out stepped Pavarotti. *

* Echo sighs and leans on the railing, not as though it were a resting place, but as though it were an obstacle she was about to dive over. Despite the memories attached to it, the balcony held no lingering enchantment for her. *

* The sun was setting. The courtyard was in shadows. Echo was losing her determination; she ignored the driveway just as she ignored the chill. *

* Perhaps it was time she gave up. All this time, she thought she'd been on a spiral staircase to the higher ground, but it turned out she was just going round in circles. She couldn't spend the rest of her life leaning over a balcony. *

* She thought about ScottPhisto. He was a great guy...the last surviving paramour; a relic from her angst-filled days of maudlin promiscuity. She must have kept him around for a reason, after spurning all others. They always got along so well, even in the face of dark times. Maybe it was time she settled down with ScottPhisto once and for all, stopped chasing dreams, and started writing books that would get her into the Oprah Book Club. *

* As Echo watched the shadow of the mansion creep a final inch across the courtyard, she sensed the French doors behind her swing open. *

EDGE: Still haven't found what you're looking for?

* This, of course, is the part of the story where the heroine whirls around, backs up defensively, and gasps in shock. But one would hopefully be aware by now that Echo is a deliberate nonconformist, and so when she hears the lilting delicacy of his voice she moves not a muscle, save for her heart. *

ECHO: You don't understand. I'm the seductress. I'm the one who sneaks up on you from behind and spouts dramatic quips.

EDGE: I'm terribly sorry. If you like I can stand there and you can go back inside and come back out again. I promise I'll be shocked.

ECHO: How did you know I was here?

EDGE: *approaches and stands next to her* Ran into ScottPhisto. He told me. Nice guy.

ECHO: He is.

* A breeze caresses her. She shivers. Looks at him. *

ECHO: What, is the age of chivalry dead or something?

EDGE: Beg your pardon?

ECHO: Let me have your jacket. I'm freezing.

EDGE: *shakes his head and laughs as he removes his jacket* Some people just don't fuck around, do they?

ECHO: They don't if they know what's good for 'em. Let's go inside.

* Edge goes to open the door for her, but finds himself unable to. He twists the handle both ways, neither unlatches it. *

EDGE: What the hell?

ECHO: No, see these are French doors. To open them you have to lick them.

*silence*

ECHO: Get it?

*silence*

ECHO: *sigh* Well...*bangs on door* Hey! Let us in! *peers through glass* I don't see anyone. *tries the handle again*

EDGE: Is there a latch?

ECHO: I don't see one. *bangs on door again* Hell. We're trapped out here. What are we gonna...

* She stops, turns to Edge with a grin on her face that conjures up every impure thought and corrupt deed known to man. Edge's eyebrows go up and he takes a step back. *

EDGE: Oh, no...

*That's when Dorian comes running and opens the door.*

DORIAN: Were you locked out? I'm terribly sorry.

EDGE: Not half as sorry as I am... *He strides out the door and down the corridor.*

ECHO: Oh, bollocks.

DORIAN: Dinner will be served shortly, Madam. Shall I escort you to the dining room?

ECHO: *Straightening herself up and smiling* Why, Dorian dear, I had no idea you were in the Escort Service business...

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-28-2001).]

*While Bona and Larry exchange words, Macphisto runs to Bluephisto who is standing back in a corner with her arms wrapped around herself. He touches her shoulder and turns her around, she doesn't look at him and there are tears streaming down her face. She is shaking like a leaf, far more upset at this than he would have expected anyone to be. Any anger he had is gone. She looks so vulnerable...*
Macphisto: Bluey, darling, Bluey look at me. *He leans down to make eye contact with her, but she avoids his gaze* I'm not angry. Dearest, I'm not angry at you, it wasn't your fault. *She looks up at him, and her eyes are full of fear. She backs further into the corner* It's alright, it's alright...*He takes her gently into his arms, rubbing her back. She calms down a little and hugs him back, but she is still shaking like a leaf. It was shocking to find Larry kissing her, but he was more concerned with the uncharacteristic severity of her reaction, had he said something to upset her? Why was she so afraid?*
Bluephisto: I'm...I'm so sorry.
Macphisto: You had nothing to do with it.
Bluephisto: I'm okay...I'm okay. *She takes a deep ragged breath and holds him closer* I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened. I...I couldn't stop him. I tried but *She breaks down crying again* I couldn't get him off of me. I couldn't stop him. He held my arms down...I'm sorry. I didn't want him...
*Macphisto's heart breaks, he realizes that she is not just referring to Larry, but to Screwtape. Larry's forceful embrace reminded her of what Screwtape put her through in Hell.*
Macphisto: Oh...Bluey. *He holds her as close to him as he can and kisses the top of her head.* Stay here darling.
*Macphisto turns and walks towards Larry, as dark as anyone in the room has ever seen him. Like Bluey, he had stopped seeing Larry as Larry...in his head he was dealing with Screwtape now, extracting revenge.*
Larry: I know, I---
*He is cut off when MacPhisto reaches over and grabs him by the shirt collar and slams him up against the wall.*
MacPhisto: What the fuck were you thinking?
Larry: Mac...I couldn't help myself. *Larry's words seem to enrage Macphsito even more, and Larry feels fingers dig into his shoulders, painfully. Macphisto is really scaring Larry now...Larry frees himself from the angel's grasp but a powerful hand wraps itself around his neck, strangling him. Larry turns sharply, but Macphisto decks him. Larry staggers back with a bloody nose, and before he even removes his hands from his face another vicious blow is delievered to his stomach. Larry doubles over and feels himself being picked up and dragged somewhere*
Larry: Mac... *Suddenly Larry feels glass and cold air as he is thrown through a very expensive glass door and into the balcony beyond. Larry, scrambles to his feet to see Macphisto taking his jacket off and throwing it aside, rolling up his sleeves. Larry knew he couldn't overpower him, so he tried to talk his way out*
Larry: Mac! Stop this! *Macphisto walks into the balcony, carrying a fireplace iron in one hand* This is ridiculous!
Macphisto: You shouldn't have touched her.
Larry: *Shouting at him* You're OVERREACTING! *Macphisto's eyes widen and he swings at Larry, cutting his arm, Larry wrestles the iron from his hands, but as it falls with a clatter, Macphisto picks Larry up by the shirt and dangles him backwards over the balcony railing. The crowd gathered behind the balcony gasps and Bluey pushes her way through. She runs over to the balcony edge, shivering from the cold.*
Bluephisto: Mackie...Mackie. Look at me. Look...
*Macphisto looks at her out the corner of his eyes*
Bluephisto: Dearest, please don't drop him. Stop it, please. Look, you could kill him, we can all see that. He didn't hurt me that badly, I overreacted...okay? *She puts a hand on the enraged angel's shoulder and he looks at her again* Please? Just put Larry down, everything's alright.
Macphisto: *Beginning to calm down* Did he hurt you?
Bluephisto: No. Larry didn't hurt me. He just surprised me. There is no reason to kill Larry. No reason. Put him down dear, please.
*Slowly, and reluctantly, Macphisto pulls a terrified Larry from the rail and tosses him on the ground, still glaring at him. Bluephisto takes Macphisto's hand, and makes him look at her*
Bluephisto: Mackie... *He seems to regain some of his senses and pulls Bluey to him, murmuring to her, and brushing some dark strands of hair from her face, oblivious to the gawking crowd*
Macphisto: You know I would have stopped him if I could have.
Bluephisto: Of course I know that. It's allright...I'm okay. Let's go back inside.
*Macphisto kisses her very, very softly and sighs. There are even some "aww" sounds from the crowd. He looks back, Bono and Adam are already helping a dazed Larry to his feet.*
Macphisto: Are you going to live?
Larry: Yes...I think so.
Macphisto: Touch her again and I will finish the job. *Larry is silent. Macphisto puts his arm around his beloved Bluey and they walk through a part in the stunned crowd. He commands imperiously over his shoulder,
Macphsito: Somebody clean that mess up, will you?
*He and Bluey leave the ballroom, Bluey leaning on him, the music begins to play again, and the crowd begins to talk. *

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-28-2001).]

*AnPhisto gets a bit frightened when she sees Bona's and Mac's reaction of Larry kissing Bluey. She hugs A. E. and stays still on the couch. Then Paul enters to see where is his beloved. He finds her and asks what was she doing and what was happening , because he was surprised of seeing MacPhisto angry at Larry . AnPhisto explains the events to Paul, and he also gets surprised*

Paul: *With emphasis* I just CAN'T believe what you are telling me. That's not Larry, An! Are you sure ? *asks An and A. E.*

An & A. E.: *nod slowly*

Paul: *puzzled* But he LOVES Bona! He can't hide it. In fact, yesterday when we were on rehearsal, he was so excited and braging about him finding the love of his life. I'm telling you , he had a huge smile on his face all the time. But, now this? *He sits on the couch still confused*

*An and A. E. hug Paul simultaneously*

An: We feel the same as you do dear

*Edge-Bot nods and gives to Paul his kitten, Paul smiles and pets it*

Paul: *grining* Thank you, A. E. You are as kind as Edge. Echo did a great job on you.

*Animatronic Edge blushes and grins*

An: And did you knew he's anatomically correct? *winks*

Paul and A. E. *super blush*

An: *Laughs* You guys!

Back
Top Bottom