Ahh yes, time for yet another meeting of the Macphisto Society darlings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
* An invitation on heavy dark red paper engraved with gold lettering arrives on everyone's doorstop*
Achtung All Glamourous Creatures of the Night...
You are cordially invited to a fabulous Masquerade Halloween Soiree at Mr. Macphisto's Mansion. The revelling begins immediately, and may never end...Arrive disguised as whatever your heart desires.
Do hurry my beauties, I yearn for your company.
Smooches,
-M.

r723944.jpg

MonaPhisto:
*laces up my red sequined skechers*
*puts on horns*
*puts DOWN toilet brush*
*grabs mike*

Mike: OUCH! Let go of me! *runs away*

*I'm not afraid of anything in this world
except for unsequined things and hormonal little girls
I'm just trying to find a decent martini
a drink that I can drown in in...*hic* *zzzz*

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
"I like to do boring everyday-things like making toast whenever I'm home"~PrettyGavin Rossdale

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

*ahem*

Eh...my many apologies...you have made me VERY...eh, famous. I think

I'm just a bit tired at the moment. I should be heading off to bed soon. It's been a busy day of scrubbing and eh rub-a-dub-dubbing....My head is a bit sore.

Have no fear! I shall return tomorrow for the fun.

*retires to the FROTTAGE COTTAGE*

------------------
"We got the soul - we got the honey"-Bush

R.S.V.P.
Be there soon!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Just a question, MsBluePhisto:

Did Mr. Mac invited those handsome and delightful men from U2??

*Waits for BlueyPhisto's answer to put on her horns*
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Originally posted by Ana:
Just a question, MsBluePhisto:

Did Mr. Mac invited those handsome and delightful men from U2??

*Waits for BlueyPhisto's answer to put on her horns*
biggrin.gif

But of course ...

WOO HOO!
*excuses her euphory*

*puts on her horns and her gold high heels on*

See you there!
*smooches*

------------------
I'm hanging on
I'm still waiting...

*Upon entering the doors of the immense mansion and passing through winding corridors, guests are mesmerized by the opulence of the surrounding which puts Bluephisto's limo to shame. Floors of glossy black marble, red velvet walls, gold trim, entire walls of mirrorball...Until at the end of the hallway they reach an expansive darkened room, lit only by hundreds of candles. In the room are many mirrors, rich sofas, vases of crimson roses, a deep mahogany and mirrorball bar which stretches the length of the room, sheer curtains, weighty gold velvet draperies, and a massive glossy grand piano at which sits Macphisto himself smoking a cigar and playing an old sultry song...*

*AnPhisto surges into the room, she notices Mr. Mac is playing a soft tune in the piano, and just in front of him, she sees a beautiful girl, but she doesn't recognise her because of her disguise*

Who can that devil be??
Is he playing for her? Is he teasing her or is he just flirting?

*AnPhisto just stands in the entrance, incapable of destroying that sensual and yet so poetic atmosphere beetween those 2 souls*...

------------------
I'm hanging on
I'm still waiting...

*EchoPhisto enters, alone. She has not bothered to disguise herself, for she has always believed in bestowing clarity rather than confusion.*

*The atmosphere makes her uncomfortable. Raised in poverty, she has only seen such rooms on display behind velvet ropes, and is not sure if she's allowed to walk on the carpet or sit on the immaculate furniture, which looks as though it has never been utilized.*

*She hears the tune MacPhisto plays. It is an all too familiar one for her. She stands by the stone fireplace and sings along, softly, to herself:*

"Angel Eyes
That old Devil sent...
They glow unbearably bright...
Need I say
That my love's misspent...
misspent on Angel Eyes tonight..."

*And EchoPhisto forgets about her lush surroundings for a moment and dreams forlornly of a certain pair of Angel Eyes.*

*AnPhisto walks towards EchoPhisto and hands her a martini*

*AnPhisto just smiles at her, and leaves her singing again*

*AnPhisto feels uncomforttable with the melancholic mood of the devils in the room , so she walks back to the ball room looking for BonoPhisto.*

------------------
I'm hanging on
I'm still waiting...

* Disguise comes easily to angels, and Bluephisto is no exception. She has transformed her black hair to a shimmering red, and is wearing an elaborate glittering mask, and a long velvet white cloak with a hood that conceals her wings and white satin dress. From her place at the piano, standing in front of Macphisto, she senses two very glamourous beings enter the room and would have offered them a drink and somewhere to sit but she is too entranced by Macphisto's beautiful song. Since the last tumultuous meeting of the Macphisto society, Bluephisto and Macphisto have spent a blissfull week together in the mansion. But they have a deal tonight, Macphisto is free to act as he always has, to flirt outrageously with whomever he chooses and Bluephisto will not interfere. If he couldn't be his luxurious self, she argued, he would not be the devil she fell in love with. Besides, if some of the other demons in Hell discovered that he had fallen in love with an angel and become totally faithful, he would ceratainly be censured. Some of these demons may indeed even be invited guests to the party tonight.
To prevent influencing guests that did not know of Bluephisto's true nature and of Macphisto's feelings for her, Bluephisto disguised herself, and asked him to treat her just as he would treat any other at the party tonight.*

* Macphisto finishes his song, gazing up at the masked beauty before him for a moment. He rises and means to kiss her, but senses there is still someone new in the room and so bows slightly and kisses her hand*
Macphisto: You look lovely darling.
Bluephisto: Thank you dearest! You of course look simply luscious...*She turns to EchoPhisto who is lingering sadly but elegantly by the fireplace* Well hello child! Do come and have a drink with me, I am simply dying for some company! What would you like, Stoli? Champange? Come, come over to one of the sofas and relax...My goodness what an elegant gown you are wearing! Whereever did you find it!? I am dying of envy!
* While Bluephisto charms EchoPhisto, Macphisto takes his place on the gold velvet couch, awaiting guests and stealing glances at Bluephisto*
rT83648.jpg

*Bonaphisto enters the room with grace, dressed in a quite flattering gold dress falling almost to her knees paired with a set of gold heeled boots and her horns atop her head.*

Bonaphisto: Hello, dears. So sorry I'm late, and Mackey-poo I'm quite astonished at this mansion of yours. Why, it's almost as lovely as you are! Note I say "almost"...

*Bonaphisto makes her way across the room to the sofa and sits near MacPhisto on the arm of the sofa. Tension between them still exists and neither knows quite how to act.*

MacPhisto: Thank you, my lovely. You yourself are looking rather well tonight... But tell me, did you not go human?
Bonaphisto: Still a phisto at heart, dahrling, still a phisto at heart.
BluePhisto: Speaking of human, where is your Larry?
Bonaphisto: He went to park the Harley, he should be here shortly. Although I must warn you, I tried my best to "phisto-ize" him... I hope my attempts are worthy... Pass me a martini, will you Bluephisto darling?

*LarryPhisto enters, clad in a rather tight gold shirt, half open paired with a pair of matching pants and a gold set of DocMartens. Atop his head rests a set of tiny red horns. MacPhisto grins in pleasure and amusement, and every female in the room suddenly is sporting wide eyes and open jaws, with the exception of BluePhisto. She only shares a pleased grin with Mac.*

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Bluephisto: Darling! You have phisto-ized him very well!
* Bluephisto places a perfect, angel-made martini in Bonaphisto's hand and kisses her on both cheeks, the place where Bluephisto's lips grazed Bonaphisto's skin feels warm and tingly afterwards. Bluephisto glides over to Larry and offers him a pint of Guinness from the bar.*
Bluephisto: I know you are fond of it, so I made sure we had some.Actually...* She leans into Larry consipriatorially* I enjoy a pint of it every so often..but I really can't have much. Naturally low tolerance. Come, please sit down Larry, or should I say Lar-Phisto?
* Larry eventually remembers Bluephisto in her former guise from the last eventfull party and sits down and talks freely to her, if only because she is the only woman in the room who is not attracted to him. Meanwhile, Macphisto cautiously slides next to Bonaphisto and gently puts an arm around her shoulders. She stiffens and he leans down and whispers in her ear*
Macphisto: Don't be alarmed dearest. Everything is fine. Bluephisto and I are trying to, how shall I say...keep a low profile tonight.
Bonaphisto: Why is that darling?
Macphisto: Well, child, a number of my "associates" have unfortuneately obtained some of the invitations, and while they are mostly harmless...let's just say that *He glances with a little envy at Larry sitting with Bluephisto* the inlaws don't get along. It's best that they don't know, comprende?
Bonaphisto: Of course darling.
*She leans back into the couch and the two of them watch Larry and Bluephisto talking animatedly opposite them*
Bonaphisto: So you are quite happy then? You look different somehow...
Macphisto: * Dismisses her with a wave of his martini* Rubbish Bona, I am the same as I ever was.]
* Bonaphisto raises an eyebrow and smiles as she downs the last of her martini, she knows him well enough to know that to avoid the issue so deftly, he has to be obscenely happy with Bluephisto.*
Bonaphisto: Well, I'm happy for you dear.
Macphisto: * Grinning behind his glass* Shush.

*Martini in hand, EchoPhisto approaches Larry. She swirls the contents of the glass in an overly casual way. Larry can tell she's not comfortable.*

"I fear that you've lost her. Again. I know what you're feeling. I'm no stranger to betrayal. MacPhisto won't admit it, but there was a time...it was a long time ago, ancient history now..."

*She's said too much, but Larry understands. She repeats:*

"That was a long time ago. I don't really think about Mac anymore. There's someone else now. I was kind of hoping that he'd be...oh, I don't know why I even come to these parties. To watch everyone else destroy their lives the way I've destroyed mine, I suppose..."

*Larry listens intently.*

"You really don't say much, do you?"

*Larry grinds the toe of his Doc Marten into the plush carpet.*

"I think," he whispers, "you said it all."

* As more guests, familliar and unfamilliar file into the drawing room Bluephisto rises away from Larry and Echo who are deep in some whispered conversation and sits at the piano to think...Echo had made her very sad with her despondent air. Whatever could have induced such pathos in such an elegant creature? Bluephisto sighs and runs her fingers over the ivory keys. She looks up, Macphisto is staring at her. He smiles, fights not to smile and looks back at his drink. She saw what had gone on on the couch and actually, it made her laugh...He loved to get reactions out of people and nothing amused him more than making other people flustered. She smiled softly to herself, behind a curtain of autumn colored hair. A stange man stepped up beside her.*
Man: Hello, I couldn't help noticing you from all the way across the room. Would you care for a drink?
* The man offers Bluephisto a dark green drink in a brandy snifter*

*Bonaphisto drops the bottle of Jack Daniels with an elegant thud and walks over to Larry. She seats herself on the couch next to him and begins to rub his shoulders. He looks over his shoulder at her with interest, and EchoPhisto glides away.*

Larry: Are you alright, Bona?
Bonaphisto: Yes, love, I'll be fine.
Larry: Are you sure? Because I've never seen you drink like that before...
Bonaphisto: You've also only known me for 2 weeks... *laughs elegantly*
Larry: That may be true, but I've seen a lot of you during that time... *Larry catches MacPhisto eyeing Bonaphisto from across the room, and becomes suspicious of the rather large grin on his face. He pauses, then hesitantly asks* Is it hard for you to resist him?
Bonaphisto: *stops rubbing Larry's shoulders and wraps her arms tightly around his torso. She rests her head against his shoulder and sighs.* He just knows exactly how to get to me... *sigh* I want you to know that I'm here for you, not him.
Larry: Why? I mean you've spent your entire existence with him, why suddenly do you want me?
Bonaphisto: Larry you've shown me sides of this world I didn't knew existed... He's in it for sex and glamour, I know that's all he wants out of me. That's all he's ever wanted. You... Larry, you're the first creature that I've encountered within the plane of my entire 3,000 years of existence that has treated me like I'm something more than that. *near tears, she meets his eyes.* Larry, if this is what love feels like, then I've never experienced this before!
*Larry stares at her for a moment. His only reply to that is a slow but firm kiss to her lips.*

*MacPhisto, having heard the entire conversation is suddenly downcast in mood. He watches Larry and Bonaphisto wistfully.*

* Macphisto's gaze at Bona and Larry ends and he turns back to look at Bluephisto again. There is a man in a very shiney black suit offering her a drink.*
Macphisto: Oh, no.
*His mouth goes dry despite the brandy. 'It couldn't be...' Macphisto rises from the couch and strides over to the piano with studied casualness. Bluephisto throws her head back and laughs at something the man says. His heart sinks. If that is who he thinks it is...He leans against the piano behind the man and purrs:*
Macphisto: Well, I haven't seen you in ages!
* The man in the shiney black turns towards him and Macphisto makes desperate "go away" motions with his hand to Bluephisto behind the man's back. Bluephisto gets the hint and picks up her green drink as she leaves*.
Macphisto: How long has it been?
The Fly: Oh, Yeaars baby!

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-27-2001).]

*PHONAPhisto (MonaPhisto's rowdy evil twin) enters*

I feel like trash!...I AM trash! Recycle me, baby!

Someone pour me a drink....O, you're right...I AM already holding one. Well, I may need one for the other hand. Ah, symmetry.

Well, what've we got planned this evening?

*ring ring* Oh! That's my telly-phone. I ought to take this call outside. Do not fear! I shall return. Here, bluephisto, hold me lemon for me, please, thank you!

*exits*

*MonaPhisto enters shortly after PhonaPhisto leaves. Bono is with her, wearing war paint and a pair of tiger ears*

BonaPhisto: WTF?

MonaPhisto: Em....you must excuse me dear friend. He became quite excited at the thought of dressing up for Halloween, and he wanted a head start.

BonoTiger: Gr!

MonaPhisto: BluePhisto, don't let the Big MacDaddy see Bono....Bono wanted to be MacPhisto for Halloween, and this is what he came up with.

BonoTiger: I make a lovely MacPhisto, don't I?

MonaPhisto: *pours herself nonalcholic martini-flavored kool-aid* Yes. ddddaaahhhhhhhlllling you know you do. *ahem* I apologize. I wasn't even going to come. We were just going to get a pizza and stay in for the night. But everytime I ordered, I asked for another pizza as one of the toppings. The fellow kept pressing buttons in the middle of me order.

BonoTiger: ...I'm not a bloody tiger!

------------------
"We got the soul - we got the honey"-Bush

Originally posted by WildHonee:

BonoTiger: ...I'm not a bloody tiger!

Bluephisto: Awwwww, yes you are! * Bluephisto strokes Bonotigers ears* And you are an adoreable little tiger at that. *Bonotiger tries to bite Bluephisto's fingers* Bad Tiger! No drinks for you! Monaphisto, how ever do you handle him? He's quite exciteable. I can't imagine it, I would be so exhausted after one day.
* Bluephisto is charmed by Bonotiger's exhuberance and lightness of spirit, and grabs his tail, leading him to the bar*
And you my dear would make a wonderful Macphisto, I was just saying the other week how similar you two look! Come on now you bad kitty, let's get you something to drink.
* Across the room, Macphisto looks up momentarily from his conversation with the mysterious man and narrows his blue eyes*
Macphisto: Soo, that's what I've been doing these years, being adored...and you?
The Fly: Oh, nothing I can talk about in public *laughs and adjusts his shades. he obviously makes Macphisto uncomfortable*
Hey, hey, c'mere. closer. yeah. * The Fly blows smoke through his lips and points to Bluephisto who is pouring a drink for Bonotiger* I gotta ask, who is that!!???
Macphisto: Nobody...Firmly She's nobody, really. * Tries to distract The Fly* Darling, would you like to see my new swimming pool? It's absolutely luxurious...
The Fly: Nah nah nah...introduce me to * points at bluephisto* HER.
332567%3A%3B23232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A4%3E683%3EWSNRCG%3D32323684%3B8%3A76nu0mrj

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-27-2001).]

*Bonaphisto looks up from Larry's embrace and sees the Fly across the room. She gasps, and Larry spins around. A grin spreads across both their faces and BonaPhisto leaps up and they both walk across the room to where The Fly is standing. Bonaphisto leans against the piano, watching him silently until he notices her presence. He sees her and his face lights up.*

The Fly: Bonaphisto!!! It's been a while, hasn't it?
Larry: Indeed it has.
The Fly: *turns around* And if it isn't Mr. Snarly himself! *slaps Larry on the shoulder in a friendly manner*
Larry: *gestures to Bonaphisto* I didn't know you knew her at all...
The Fly: Oh yes we did, didn't we Bonaphisto?
MacPhisto: They go back decades, Larry.
Bonaphisto: *smiles* Right. *steps up to Larry and takes his arm* I'm getting another martini. *kisses his cheek and Larry nods. The Fly looks on astonished and smiles mischeviously at Larry.*
The Fly: You're with her now? *laughs* Now who'd have seen that comin? You datin' a devil!
Larry: Haven't you noticed her change?
The Fly: What change?!
MacPhisto: She's gone human. Look at her again.
*The Fly looks Bonaphisto over once again from across the room, and turns back to them*
The Fly: Yeah, she does look more colorful, doesn't she? *eyes her*
Larry: Hands off, I'm having enough trouble with MacPhisto... *MacPhisto smiles mischeviously at Larry, and Larry turns to join Bonaphisto at the bar, then turns back to the Fly.* It's nice to see you again after so long, but please...
The Fly: Oh, hey, no problem... she's all yours... besides, I'm more interested in that one *gestures again to BluePhisto, and Larry walks away joining Bonaphisto at the bar.*

MacPhisto: I'm telling you, lad, you really ought to stay away from her.
The Fly: Boy, I'm not allowed to do anything tonight am I?
MacPhisto: No, no, take whomever else you please... those two are off limits though. *MacPhisto glides off to make another martini for himself and the Fly makes his way over next to BluePhisto.*

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
*MacPhisto glides off to make another martini for himself and the Fly makes his way over next to BluePhisto.*

* Bluephisto is sitting by herself on a red couch near a window, sipping her martini thinking to herself. Suddenly a pair of shiney black legs is swung over the back of the couch and the fly is sitting next to her. He smirks and gazes at her though his shades*
Bluephisto: Hello.
The Fly: * Clutches his heart and mock faints* Oh, she speaks! * He slithers back up again, even closer to her now, so close she can smell his cologne and begins an almost manic pick up attempt in his distorted, smokey voice* Well, Macphisto told me to stay away from you...but I don't listen to him anyway! Sorry, I get so dramatic around beautiful women. I can't help myself. I'm a ham to begin with but put me in a room with a gorgeous lady and I just about combust! And I'm talking about normal, run of the mill supermodels here...but YOU, I hardly know what I'm saying! Look at me baby the words are just FLYING out of this mouth, I have no idea what I'm going to say next. Or do next! I am just gonna keep talking because I'm afraid if I stop you will walk away instead of just sitting there looking like a goddess. I'm serious about the goddess thing baby, you can't be human! Are you Greek? Egyptian? Nah, you are too pale to be Egyptian...you must be Greek! But yet...Hmmm makes no sense. You aren't a devil * He leans in confidentially and smiles* You are too pretty to be a devil! But don't tell anyone here I said that, they would make a feather boa outta me honey! I'm confused, what are you? Who are you? What is your name? Are you married? Will you marry me? Do you like my jacket? I'm serious about that marrying thing, look baby! * He pulls a huge gold ring off his finger and gets down on his knees* I'm begging you! Pleease!
We can go to vegas, I have only asked a couple other women ever before! One of them was Marilyn Monroe, you're in great company baby! * He quickly grabs Bluephisto's left hand and pushes the far too large ring onto her finger* Whatta say baby?
* Although The Fly is overwhelmingly frantic and blowing smoke, he is very warm, charming, and funny and Bluephisto laughs at him*
The Fly: Is that a YES!!!? No one has technically married me yet! You can tame me!
Bluephisto: Giving his ring back and smiling* That was not a yes.
The Fly: Was that a maybe? A "sure okay you sexy thing lets go!"?
Bluephisto: No. no. no. It was a no.
The Fly: Want me to ask again?
Bluephisto: *Trying not to laugh* No really please don't.
The Fly: *Putting the ring back in his pocket* I'll take that as a...not this time...I'll ask you again later on.
Bluephisto: You are very persistent.
The Fly: I like the chase honey...Best way to get rid of me is to give in.
Bluephisto: You are hardly the marrying kind.
The Fly: *Mock indignation*Now why'd you have to go and just judge me like that!? Well maybe I don't want to marry you if you are so high and mighty.
Bluephisto: You have no idea.
The Fly: What's the matter baby? You have a boyfriend? A big jealous boyfriend? 'Cause I'm okay with that!
Bluephisto: *remembering Macphisto wants to keep their feeling for each other a secret tonight* No...
The Fly: No? Well then what's the problem? Is it me? Am I boring you?
Bluephisto: No you are NOT boring...
The Fly: I KNEW it you love me!
Bluephisto: I do not love you...I just met you.
The Fly: How can I make you love me?
Bluephisto: You can go away.
The Fly: Go away?
Bluephisto: Yes.
The Fly: * Moves over exactly 2 feet on the couch* There. I miss you baby! Don't forget me!
Bluephisto: I couldn't forget you with therapy.
The Fly: OUCH!
* The Fly just sits there and stares at Bluephisto, who tries very hard to act like he isn't there*
* Macphisto in the meantime turned around from getting a drink from the bar to see The Fly on his knees in front of a laughing Bluephisto sliding a ring onto her finger. Larry standing beside him hears his teeth grind. Macphisto downs his drink in one gulp and sets it down with deadly softness, not taking his eyes off the couch for one minute.
Bonaphisto: Macky are you okay?
*Macphisto doesn't even acknowledge her presence, but turns to a butler, gestures to The Fly and sweeps into an adjoining room, slamming the door.*

is it just me or does it seem as if Macphisto is still very much a part of this tour?
wink.gif

cool.gif

gallery

gallery

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

*As MacPhisto goes off into the other room, Bonaphisto jumps at the sound of the door slamming. She starts to go after him, but Larry reaches over and gives her a look as if to say, "You won't do him any good, leave him alone."*

Bonaphisto: What happened?
Larry: The Fly.
Bonaphisto: *eyes widening with dawning realization* Of course... what else would he cause---
Larry: Besides trouble? Heh... I'm not sure that he's capable of much else. *suddenly changing the subject* So you and Fly go back decades, yeah?
Bonaphisto: Yeah... I've known him since the mid sixties about... he was a fledgling young bachelor at that point. You may find this hard to believe, but he was actually quite innocent.
Larry: *laughs out loud at the suggestion* That's about as likely as him not saying a word for 5 straight minutes.
Bonaphisto: No, I mean it.
Larry: So how'd you know him?
Bonaphisto: Oh, he'd come to Mackey's parties. Mac was trying to teach him something of sophistication and manners, but as you can see *gestures to the Fly, who is now talking up EchoPhisto and MoonPhisto across the room* it didn't quite take. Well, Mackey got fed up and pawned him off on me. I was supposed to try and teach him something but the only thing he ever mastered was stage presence. He never shut up... ever. I started having an affair with him just to shut him up. I figured out that he was much more cooperative when he was getting some than when he wasn't.
Larry: He was your lover?
Bonaphisto: For a time, yes.
Larry: What happened?
Bonaphisto: He got sick of me to be honest. He's not the type to stay in one spot for long, and I believe I was his longest relationship.
Larry: How long was that?
Bonaphisto: 8 years. And to be honest I was glad to be rid of him. Oh, don't get me wrong, the sex was great. I just couldn't stand to see him that constantly anymore. You know The Fly well enough to be able to picture this: 24-7 of The Fly for 8 straight years.
*Larry cringes at the thought*
Larry: Everything was just sex to you, wasn't it?
Bonaphisto: No, not just sex. Pleasure. In any way, shape and form. That's all a devil really cares about... that and corruption.
Larry: What about MacPhisto?
Bonaphisto: I dunno. Bluey's really done some damage to him. He's changing, and we can all see it. Before the last party, he would never in a million years have cared about that. *gestures to the sofa where BluePhisto and The Fly's little exchange just occurred.*

*Suddenly Bonaphisto's little narrative is interrupted by a shout from the Fly*

The Fly: Hey, Bonaphisto, you still sing, babe?
Bonaphisto: I'm a tad out of touch but---
The Fly: Well why don't you sing us something? C'mon, I'll help you out if you want to I mean I've got a thousand songs just waiting to be belted out here I mean if you're nervous---
Bonaphisto: NO, Fly that'll be quite alright. I've got something in mind. But would you play for me? *The Fly claims the piano and Bonaphisto whispers in his ear. His face lights up and he kisses her firmly on the lips, then attempts to slip her the tounge but she shoves him away before he can pull it. Larry smiles slightly at this action, and as the piano began it's intro, the room quiets down and all gather around Bonaphisto.*

*Bonaphisto launches into a hauntingly beautiful version of "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad." As she's singing, MacPhisto emerges from his room and walks almost directly up to the piano, and he stares coldly at BluePhisto as Bonaphisto sings the following verses:

I'm just a singer, some say a sinner
Rollin' the dice, not always a winner
You say I hurt you, you put the finger on yourself
Then after you did it, you came cryin' for my help...

*As Bonaphisto finishes, uproarus applause fills the room and MacPhisto approaches her, gives her a tiny kiss on the cheek.*

MacPhisto: I haven't heard you sing in ages, BonaPhisto I forgot how stunningly beautiful your voice is...
Bonaphisto: Why, thank you Mac. Perhaps you would care to duet with me?
MacPhisto: Of course, darling, of course. What then?

*They launch into an even more stunning version of "I've Got You Under My Skin," and as it ends, MacPhisto takes Bonaphisto's hand for show and sings into her eyes, "And I love it when you're under my skin" It is an immediate crowd pleaser, but the two are captivated by the music and MacPhisto starts to pull her closer to him and---*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-27-2001).]

*after her introduction to and chat with the Fly, MoonPhisto crosses the room the the bar to have her drink refilled by the Edge, whom she had entered the party with earlier and is now having fun flipping bottles and playing Bartender. He is dressed in the best 'Phisto' attire he could muster- a pair of heavily bedazzled black jeans, a mustard-yellow tee shirt(meant to represent gold), and a pair of glittering red devil horns.*

*MoonPhisto approaches the bar, watching the Edge, without him noticing at first. She watches him concentrate on flipping a vodka bottle into the air and catching it, but misses and it smashes to the floor. He quickly blushes a deep red and innocently glances around to see if anyone had witnessed it, and sees MoonPhisto softly laughing to herself and slowly walking toward the bar. He blushes even more deeply.*

MoonPhisto: It's perfectly alright, darling. *giggles* Don't worry, no one else saw, and there are more bottles of that here than in half the liquor stores in this town put together. We're well stocked.

Edge: Heh, yea. I guess I need more practice. *gives and absolutely adorable grin and continues to blush* Are you sure I'm dressed ok? I don't really have very 'Phisto'-y stuff.

MoonPhisto: Darling- you look fah~bulous!! absolutely wonderful! Come. Let's dance. *takes his fingertips in hers, raising his hand above her head and leading him out onto the floor*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

*After dancing through two or three songs...*

MoonPhisto: You really are a wonderful dancer, my dear! I MUST come back for more, but let me slip away a moment to say 'hello' to BluePhisto. I haven't gotten the chance to talk to her yet tonight!

*gives him a kiss on the forehead. Edge wanders over to a couch and settles down with a drink. MoonPhisto glides over to where the Fly and BluePhisto are talking*

MoonPhisto: so sorry to interrupt, but I had to say 'hello', dear! *hugs BluePhisto, then lightly plants a slight greeting peck on her cheek, and stands back to admire her gown* Darling, you look stunning! how have you been since our last get together?

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

*EchoPhisto spies Edge sitting on the couch with his drink. She cannot pass up such an opportunity. She glides over and joins him.*

Echo: It's not healthy to drink alone.
Edge: I could say the same to you.
Echo: (forlorn) You don't know me...
Edge: I know more than you might think.

*EchoPhisto almost spills her drink. Could he...could someone have tipped him off? She quickly changes the subject.*

Echo: Loved the stunt with the liquor bottle.
Edge: Oh, that. Erm...

*Edge blushes profusely, and Echo feels a stabbing rush of power knowing she has affected him so.*

Echo: I found it quite charming.
Edge: Did you now.
Echo: Yes. Oh, yes. People think of you as this somber, serious guitar god. But inside, you're someone else.
Edge: Now who's claiming to know who?
Echo: I was only trying to compliment you.

*There is a long, awkward pause.*

Edge: So I saw the Fly try to put the moves on you.
Echo: I could never fall for his line. I don't see how other girls can. What is the appeal of someone like him? I mean, look at him. He wants every girl and every girl wants him. Don't any of these girls want something...special?
Edge: (leading her on) I'm not sure I follow you.
Echo: (makes a show of looking away) I mean, I couldn't live with myself knowing that a man who had...enjoyed my company...had enjoyed the company of a hundred girls before me, and would enjoy the company of a hundred more girls after me.
Edge: You want to be someone's only one.
Echo: Not merely that. Knowing that girls are falling over themselves for him makes him less appealing to me. Why would I want to have what every other woman has...when I can have something that I can keep to myself, like a secret.

*Echo turns to look into Edge's eyes. Edge feels silly in his costume, suddenly. He should have known something serious would happen. He understood now, why she didn't arrive in costume. She's always prepared for drama.*

*But Edge cannot be that easily swayed. Echo's words are her weapon, but they are all she has. Once they run out, she is powerless. She speaks like a film-noir script. And if he doesn't say the next line the way she wants it read, it's over.*

*He gives her the delicious ache of suspense as his emerald eyes penetrate her own. Like a director, she is impatient. All she needs at this moment is for him to recite his line.*

Edge: You're living in a dream world.

*Echo gasps.*

*That wasn't exactly in the script.*

Edge: You think you're going to find some man who loves no one but you, and IS loved by no one but you? Do you know what the odds of that ARE?
Echo: I can't believe you would speak to me like that. You've always been calculating and practical...But you've never been so cruel.
Edge: You come here looking all melancholy and expect that some man will sweep you up out of sheer pity and then discover the REAL you, the "you" inside all your misery. But there's no inside. Your words are dramatic but they're only words. Your emotions have no more depth than your martini glass.
Echo: It wasn't always like that... Once...

(To be continued...)

BonaPhisto: Well it must be drastic then, because you know you only call me "Bona" when---
MacPhisto: *cuts her off* Hush! *now grinning so widely he can hardly hide it. He clamps a hand over her mouth, turning her face to his. Momentarily, she is captivated by his eyes and the closeness of his face. Then suddenly, remembering what happened the last time she was held like this, she regains her senses and gently pushes Mac's hand off her mouth and looks toward Larry.*

Bonaphisto: Well, I am glad you're satisfied. As for Larry and I, well it's taken me an entire week and a half to regain his full trust but now I must admit, we too are in delerious joy... *Larry has now caught her eye and sends her a playful wink. She merely smiles, and Larry returns to chatting with Bluephisto. Meanwhile Mac has returned his arm around Bonaphisto's shoulder and she does not notice. He proceeds by drawing a bit closer to her. She still does not notice him at all though he tries various things. She jumps, however, when he whispers in her ear:*

MacPhisto: Darling, what has he done to you, that now you will not even heed my presence?
Bonaphisto: *Painfully aware of him* Mac...
MacPhisto: *running a finger down her cheek and bringing his lips closer to her face* What has happened to you? You used to be one of my finest assets and now I've lost you to a human? *Mac brushes his lips across her cheek lightly and Bonaphisto jumps up as though she'd just been stabbed*

Bonaphisto: *Now in hard desire for MacPhisto and desperately trying to hide it* Well, it's time for another martini, isn't it?
*she makes her way over to the bar as she says this and mistakenly pulls out a bottle of Jack Daniels instead of martini ingredients. MacPhisto sits back and chuckles bemusedly to himself, watching her and very satisfied with what he'd done. Bonaphisto takes a magnificent swig of the jack, as Larry watches her, bewildered.*

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-27-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
*They launch into an even more stunning version of "I've Got You Under My Skin," and as it ends, MacPhisto takes Bonaphisto's hand for show and sings into her eyes, "And I love it when you're under my skin" It is an immediate crowd pleaser, but the two are captivated by the music and MacPhisto starts to pull her closer to him and---*[/B]
moves towards her face as if to kiss her, his gunmetal eyes are targeted on Bluephisto all this time, watching her watch him and at the last minute he breaks the tension by kissing the top of Bonaphisto's head lightly, in an almost fatherly way. All the unsuspecting guests applaud loudly, Macphisto churlishly steps offstage and immerses himself in adoring guests and offers of martinis. He looks at the floor, his shadowy eyes now seeming like pits. Dancing music begins again and couples spin, glittering in the candle light. Bluephisto was walking towards him, her face grave and pale. Macphisto moved away through the crowd of about 500 until he draped himself over a leather chair in a shadowy corner and searched the crowd for a face he told himself he didn't want to find. He didn't have to wait long. Bluephisto made her way to the chair, chatting casually to other guests as she inched closer though the crowd. She came near his chair and dropped her glass rather obviously on purpose. As she picks up the glass with bare hands, she whispers up to him *
Bluephisto: Mac? Mackie? Darling, what happened?
Macphisto: *Clenches his jaw and swirls his brandy*
Bluephisto: Sweetheart...what is the matter? Why won't you answer me? What have I done? * He remembers her laughter and the Fly putting the ring on her hand and bites through his lip, tasting blood. He has never felt this kind of anger before. He considered quenching it by kissing Bonaphisto and watching Bluephisto feel what he felt. But he knew that even that would not make him feel better. It reminds him of the primordial anger in Hell at a God that rejected them. He is far too angry to speak right now* Why are you pretending I'm not here? You won't even look at me. I've never seen you like this, you are scaring me...
*Macphisto cannot stand it any longer and leaves the chair for a seat on the sofa by the fireplace where he broods and drinks. And DOESN'T look at Bluephisto. Absolutely not. Bluephisto rushes over to Larry, her hands full of broken glass*
Bluephisto: What have I done? Why is he so dark?
Larry:* Taking the glass from Bluephisto and putting it in a trashcan* He saw you and The Fly.
Bluephisto: I still don't understand. Why is he angry?
Larry: He only saw him kneeling and giving you the ring and you laughing. I didn't even try to talk him out of it, there is no use.
Bluephisto: Oh God! He can't really think that I would like someone so ridiculous? * She writes a note on a matchbook and gives it to Larry* Can you give this to him? Please? He won't even talk to me.
Larry: Sure. I'll do what I can.
* Larry strides over to Macphisto's couch where no one else dares to sit and says a couple of words to the sullen devil, and hands him the matchbook. Macphisto throws it into the fireplace without opening it, and continues to focus on some invisible far away object, stony faced*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 10-28-2001).]

*Bonaphisto takes a seat beside the silent Macphisto and gestures for Larry to leave*
Bonaphisto: Macky, darling...
Macphisto: *bitterly and quietly* I don't understand Bona. How can she pretend not to know what she has done? I thought angels couldn't lie...* He traces the lip of his brandy snifter with his finger* I was misinformed I suppose...*Bonaphisto watches him, amazed at what she sees*. And you can tell her *sniff* never to talk to me again, she obviously prefers other company...She let him propose to her!!! How could she, in my own house Bona. I will never get that image out of my head, it's burned there...It's just burned there.
Bonaphisto: Mackie, I can't believe it. You are really really upset by this.
Macphisto: *snapping at her* Of course I'm upset!!! How would you feel if the love of your life was proposed to by some twist cap sniffing BORE!??
Bonaphisto:*smiling* The what of your life Mackie?
Macphisto:What?
Bonaphisto: What did you say?
Macphisto: Nothing. I said nothing I meant nothing. I never want to see her again Bona, make her go away all together.
Bonaphisto: Mackie, I didn't think you were this far gone!
Macphisto: Bona! If you are not going to speak any sense you can just leave right now. Bluephisto is nothing special to me. I was just trying to corrupt an angel that's all...I mean imagine THAT on my resume. I have obviously succeeded.
* Macphisto's protest is interrupted by the sound of Bluephisto's voice over the microphone. She stands at the mic with the Edge sitting behind her holding a guitar. She speaks slowly and simply, without sarcasm*
Bluephisto: Since we have been so excellently entertained by our lovely host, I feel compelled to offer my own very limited talent to entertain you. It's a song about...Well you know who you are.
* The edge starts strumming his guitar delicately, and Bluephisto murmurs into the microphone in a voice that is both velvety and transparent...a voice that can only be described as angelic and heartbreakingly sincere*
You say you want diamonds and a ring of gold,
You say you want your story to remain untold,
All the promises we made
From the cradle to the grave
Bluephisto finds Macphisto in the audience and looks directly at him as she sings
But all I want is you....
You say you'll give me a highway with no one on it
A treasure just to look upon it
All the riches in the land
You say you'll give me
eyes in a moon of blindess
a river in a time of dryness
a harbour in a tempest
All the promises we made
Bonaphisto looks at Macphisto and his eyes that were so hard a moment ago, have softened and misted. She marvels at how much he has changed and how intensely he focuses on the figure in the spotlight
from the cradle to the grave
when all I want is you...
All I want is you.

Back
Top Bottom