Ahh yes, time for yet another meeting of the Macphisto Society darlings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a happier note, DID YOU KNOW THAT

*More Americans are afraid of Michael Jacskon that they are of vampires? IT'S TRUE!!

*Jude Law's (hot tamale) wife runs a company that sells scented underwear? IT'S TRUE

*The man who invented velcro was inspired by the burrs that stuck to him IT'S TRUE! Bless his little cotton sox, it be TRUE, man!

*When I grow up, I want to be Bruce Springsteen! IT'S TRUE!

*Mona runs around singing a Def Leppard song and eating Apple Jacks* woo!! sugar sugar all around

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

*Bluey rubs her head a little dazed by the whole thing, and smiles and gives Jesus a hug.*
Bluephisto: Thanks. I got into a bit of trouble there I guess *She smiles sheepishly at him*.
Jesus: Yeah well, we all have our days...
Bluephisto: *Laughs, still a little drowsy* I've been meaning to call you and hang out more but I've been busy.
Jesus: I know, that's okay no offense taken...*He looks up at Macphisto scowling at him from the corner, smiles at him a little, even shyly, and walks slowly towards him. Macphisto doesn't move* Hi...*Macphisto doesn't answer*...haven't seen you in quite a while. You look really good. You should give me a call someday, if you want to, you don't have to but you can, I mean...that's all just wanted to say hi. *Jesus turns to walk away, but Macphisto speaks to him very softly, almost under his breath*
Macphisto: Thank you. For... helping her. I couldn't have done it. *Everyone in the room is quietly astonished to hear a devil speak to God. Macphisto crosses his arms again and lights a cigar, resuming his former aloofness. Jesus smiles, waves good bye to everyone, kisses Bluephisto on the cheek promises to call her and leaves*.
Bonaphisto: Wow.
Larry: Yeah.
Adam: He's very nice to work for...*Glancing at Bluephisto and Macphisto*..And now I think Bluephisto needs some rest.*Adam leans down to pick Bluephisto up who is still a little weak but Macphisto interrupts*
Macphisto: Allow me.
*Macphisto picks the drowsy Bluephisto up like a doll and carries her into his adjoining room. He sets her down on the large bed and shuts the door. Bluephisto opens her eyes sleepily to see him sitting by her smoothing his now tousled black hair into place*
Bluephisto: *Weakly* I'm so sorry...
Macphisto: *Tracing her face with his finger* Go to sleep now darling, we will talk when you wake up...*He holds her silvery-stained hand and she quickly falls asleep. He stays there, sitting on the bed watching her sleep, contemplating what almost happened to her...the thought makes him feel sick. Images replay in his head, the wine cellar, Screwtape ripping the wing out of her back, her blood everywhere, Screwtape's eyes moving towards her and glittering...There is a knock at the door*
Macphisto: Come in.
*Bonaphisto enters*
Bonaphisto: How is she?
Macphisto: *Smiling a little* She'll be alright. She's asleep, I wish she wasn't I want to talk to her...
Bonaphisto: Really?
Macphisto: Yes...something I've been meaning to do for quite some time.
Bonaphisto: How are you Macky? ...

*Echo is stunned by the Technicolor garden at her feet, and allows her bewildered self to be seated by a nonchalant MoonPhisto.*

Echo: I guess it has been a while since I carved a pumpkin. It was fun when I was a kid...

*MoonPhisto gently takes the lemon slicer from Echo's hand, smiling.*

Moon: Here, let me go first.
Echo: Em...alright.
Edge: Hey, try this...it's really good (He holds out to Echo a round, purple fruit.)
Echo: What is it?
Edge: (Looks at it) I'm not sure...tastes exquisite, though. Here, have some.
Echo: No thanks. Really not hungry right now.
Edge: Moon?
Moon: (Carving pumpkin) Busy.
Edge: Suit yourselves...
Moon: So, Echo, how have you been keeping yourself busy these days?
Echo: Well, I just closed a $2 million dollar deal with Simon & Schuster. For my book about my undercover investigation of that cult MacPhisto started in California.
Edge: (laughs) Which one?
Echo: The Aliens-Behind-the-Comet-Are-Gonna-Take-Us-Away one.
Moon: I always did think that was his best work.
Echo: Indeed...I've also started research on my next book, about the Zodiac Killer.
Moon: (Not particularly interested) Is that so.
Echo: Fascinating man, he was...
Moon: (Hands Echo the lemon slicer) Your turn.
Echo: Ah, thanks...So the Zodiac Killer was a brilliant man, but obviously he was extraodinarily disturbed. He believed that if you killed someone, they would become your slave in the afterlife.

*Echo plummets the slicer into the pumpkin, up to the hilt.*

Moon: (Flustered) My, what a silly notion!

*The blade slices easily through the pumpkin's thick exterior.*

Echo: He was also a strange kind of sexual deviant. He never molested his victims, but experts say just the act of killing was a release for his sexual frustration. Possibly he was rejected a lot in his younger years.

*Echo looks up and watches, for a brief moment, Edge devouring the purple fruit. His lips sliding over the violet surface. The tip of his tongue darting out to catch stray drops of juice. When he's finished with the fruit, he reaches out and plucks another from a nearby bush.*

Edge: These are so good...You know, they never caught the Zodiac Killer.
Moon: (Upset) Can we not talk about such gruesome things? This evening is supposed to be about having fun and being elegant creatures of the night.
Echo: Yes, I was just discussing that with some guests upstairs...

*Edge slowly sets the fruit on the table and stares at it with glassy eyes.*

Edge: I don't feel so good all of a sudden...

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 10-31-2001).]

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Bonaphisto: How are you Macky? ...
Macphisto: *Sighs elegantly* I'm ...*He looks down at his ruined suit stained black and silver and red, wrinkled and a little torn in place* I'm in need of a fresh suit...*He walks over to one of his seven closets in this particular room, only a fraction of his wardrobe and picks out a black velvet suit with a shimmering red shirt and heads into his expansive bathroom shutting the door*.
*Bona smiles to herself a little, she was not used to Macphisto leaving the room to disrobe..but things are different now. Bonaphisto made her way to the enourmous bed where Bluephisto slept, covered by layers of satin and velvet blankets, the angel's face was bone white but peaceful...She still couldn't believe what Bluephisto narrowly escaped, the images haunted her. Macphisto reentered his room, his usual decandent self in black velvet and immaculate makeup.*
Bonaphisto: You look wonderful Macky!
Macphisto: Thank you darling, I feel much better now *He reaches for a cigar from a gold box on his desk and his collar moves to reveal a white bandage on his neck*
Bonaphisto: Darling! You are hurt!?
Macphisto: What? *Rubbing his neck gently* Just a scratch, nothing really...I'll be just fine dear.
Bonaphisto: *Hesitantly* Do...do you think he'll come back?
Macphisto: *Gazing at Bluephisto* No. No he won't. I gave him several reasons to stay far far away...besides she's normally quite strong and capable of defending herself when she's not been...*He drifts off not daring to put the image of her bound wrists back into his mind but it is too late*
Bonaphisto: Mac? Darling?
Macphisto: *Looking at the floor* He was going to kill her you know...I would have had no idea what happened.
Bonaphisto: She was going to leave after...wards.
Macphisto: She was?
Bonaphisto: Yes, she said she wouldn't be able to look you in the eye, that you would probably hate her for it.
Macphisto: Oh. *There is a heavy silence in the room like smoke. Bona looks up to see that Macphisto is standing by the fireplace with his back to her, smoking.*
Bonaphisto: Ehm, I was wondering if you wanted to come back to the party. You could use some company I think, and the guests are all curious about where you have gone...
Macphisto: I don't know,
Bonaphisto: She'll be out for hours...You should come and have a drink at least in the meantime, there is nothing you can do here.
Macphisto: I suppose *He turns gracefully and walks towards the door with Bonaphisto. Before he leaves, he looks back at Bluephisto*
Macphisto: Bonaphisto, I will catch up with you in a moment darling, something I forgot...* He heads back in to the room*
Bonaphisto: What was that Macky? *She stops just outside the door, Macphisto is sitting on the bed beside Bluephisto and slips a gold ring off of his finger, puts it gently on one of hers, and then kisses her forehead without waking her, pulls the blakets up around her and turns back towards the door. Bonaphisto scurries away from the door and starts walking towards the party, Macphisto soon catches up to her all velvet, smoke and style as if nothing had happened*
Macphisto: Well, let's go get a drink then shall we darling?

*MacPhisto raises his chin and smiles wildly, offering Bonaphisto an arm. She takes it, and they stride back into the main lounge, where no one but Adam and Larry stand chatting amiably. Larry turns and heads toward Bonaphisto, and offers her other side an arm. She takes it, and now with a man on each side of her, they head off to the other lounge where more than half the party has disbanded, and the rest remain still downing drinks and dancing, happy as ever. When the three of them enter the room, heads turn and cheers rise. MacPhisto saves the three of them any trouble by waving it off with a gesture. He heads over to the bar for a martini. People continuously head over to MacPhisto, asking him how Bluey is. He never gives more than a word or two then dismisses them with a wave.*

*Bonaphisto and Larry have been dancing and drinking and Bonaphisto, having noticed MacPhisto's behavior, is concerned. She heads over to him and sits next to him.*

Bonaphisto: Mackie, are you sure you're alright? You've been rather quiet.
MacPhisto: I'm dreadfully worried about her...
Bonaphisto: Jesus Himself healed her, she'll be fine.
MacPhisto: That's not what I was talking about...
Bonaphisto: What then?
MacPhisto: If it were possible, I'd marry her....
Bonaphisto: Mack, you've never been the marrying kind, I'm shocked to hear that... I mean---
MacPhisto: That's precisely the problem... I know we can't do it.
Bonaphisto: She'd be rejected from Heaven.
MacPhisto: And I'd lose her completely. I myself can barely live with the pains of hell and I won't let her experience it.
*Bonaphisto pauses, debating whether to say what she's thinking*
Bonaphisto: The ring you gave her...
*MacPhisto looks at her, irritated at first that she was watching him, but then he softens*
MacPhisto: That was... that was a promise. That's all we can do. *sighs* Enough of this... I need a dance.
*He stands and turns toward her, offering a hand.*
MacPhisto: Will you oblige me? Once, that may be our last dance?
*Bonaphisto stands and takes his hand. He leads her out to the floor, and takes her in his arms, pulling her right up against him as is his dancing habit. They sway slowly in time with the music. Bonaphisto rests her chin on Mac's shoulder and gazes off at Larry, who is sitting at the bar watching her with a bemused smile.*
MacPhisto: *internal thoughts* This is strange... why does this feel so odd suddenly? Bluey is my whole world, but Bona... I fear I'm strongly attracted to her, and nothing I can do about it either. Oh and there's that guilt thing again. Why do I feel suddenly that I should not consider other women? I've always gone 3, 4 at a time. They were like martinis to me until now. *Considering this, Mac squeezes Bona a bit tighter. She's confused by this and a tad uncomfortable but shruggs it off as Mackie being his own self.*

6K82588.jpg

*Larry sits on the barstool, watching the love of his life dance with MacPhisto. As they circle once again the expression on Mac's face gets Larry's attention. It is an expression of pure angst, and he sees MacPhisto tighten his grip on Bonaphisto. Larry knows that expression, that feeling all too well. It is nothing but lust. For the rest of the song, Larry watches MacPhisto like a hawk after prey.*

MacPhisto: *internal thought as Bonaphisto's scent trails up to his sinuses* If I could have just one more night...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 10-31-2001).]

*Bonaphisto and MacPhisto continue their dance, Bonaphisto unaware of the thoughts going through Mac's mind. She still stays focused on Larry, and notices the intense look on his face. Her attention is reassigned, however when she feels a hand running through her hair and immediately she is aware of why Larry is so focused on her and Mac. Once the song ends, Larry quickly downs the rest of the Guinness he's been drinking, sets it firmly on the counter with a determined thud and heads over to where Bonaphisto and MacPhisto stand. He runs a hand down Bonaphisto's arm, and looks MacPhisto directly in the eye.*

Larry: *to Mac* May I interfere?
MacPhisto: But of course... *He lets her go hesitantly*
Larry: Thank you.
*Larry gently pulls Bonaphisto a few steps away and pulls her closer to him, and they dance. He whispers feverishly in her ear.*
Bonaphisto: Why so eager to dance, love?
Larry: I suggest you steer clear of MacPhisto tonight...
Bonaphisto: *taken aback* Why? What's the worry?
Larry: Please, Bona... *watching Mac walk across the room to the bar and take another martini, hardly taking his eyes off of Bona the whole time.* I don't think he's in very healthy mindset right now...
Bonaphisto: After what's happened tonight I can imagine, Larry. That's precisely why he needs someone there...
Larry: *watching the speed at which MacPhisto downs his martini.* Can you leave that to Adam?
Bonaphisto: MacPhisto won't open up to Adam the way he will to someone like me.
Larry: Can you stop worrying about him? I mean honestly... *gently turns her face and looks down into her eyes.* I need you too.
*Bonaphisto looks up at him, eyes full of apologetic love.*
Larry: MacPhisto will be fine.
Bonaphisto: Ok.
Larry: *Catching MacPhisto's angsty and utterly confused look.* Thank you. I only do this because I love you...
Bonaphisto: I know, love... I love you too.
*She leans up and kisses him gently and rests there in his arms.*

*Meanwhile, MacPhisto has been sitting at the bar turning things over in his head. He cannot stop wondering how Bluey's doing and moreso, what will happen to them after this. Yet at the same time he watches Larry and Bonaphisto with a sense of light jealousy. He watches them dance as they whisper back and forth, strangely wishing he could be in Larry's position now... He downs his martini hastily and stares down at the bar. His mind flashes back to the past, and he remembers long nights with Bonaphisto staying for weeks on end, sex like he'd never experienced it before. Running his hands through her rich hair, exploring every inch of each other and always finding some interesting ways of going about it... His eyes flash back to Larry, who is now holding Bonaphisto's face in his hands and whispering to her. She says something back that could only be "I love you," and MacPhisto watches their mouths connect, and a part of him longs to be in Larry's position again. Then his thoughts fly back to his beloved Bluey and he tosses these thoughts back and forth. Between the two of them, Bluey was so much more. Strangely enough, the thought that Bonaphisto was going to go home tonight and Larry would be the one making love to her made MacPhisto envious. The difference between Bluey and Bonaphisto was that Bluey had his love, eternal and strong, the deepest love a devil can muster up. Bonaphisto only had his emotional, physical, sexual desire. "Just one more night..." he thought to himself. But things are different now. The battle between the fleeting and the permanent, the superficial and the deep was on strong. Things are different now. And he wasn't sure if he liked the change.*

*AnPhisto and Bono walk towards the bar and sit at the side of MacPhisto. They notice he's distracted because the say hello! to him, and he didn't bothered to answer*

Bono: Ha-llo?! calling from earth to hell?

McPhisto:*surprised* eh, what?? oh, please excuse me not adverting your presence. Please take a seat.
*AnPhisto seats between the gentlemen and asks almost whispering*
AnPhisto: Is everything Ok between Bluey and you?
*McPhisto says yes with a head movement. He offers Bono a cigar, but Bono turns it down. He lights it and starts smoking, looking directly to Bonaphisto*

Bono: Excuse my indiscretion, Mac. But I haven't seen BluePhisto in quite a while, is she alright?
McPhisto:* visibly uncomfortable with the question* Yes she is. She's resting upstairs. She has had a very exhausting time.

*AnPhisto observes Mac has constantly been staring to Larry and BonaPhisto, specially her. She noticed a big grin on McPhisto's face when loosely, Bona directed a smile towards him. He laughed elegantly and lowered his head looking at his shoes, making a side-to-side movement with it. Like he remembered something funny*

Bono: What's up with you, Phis? you're acting quite bizarre by the moment.

McPhisto: Ah,Bono! Those were the days...
those were the days...

AnPhisto:*looking confused* Mac, darling, I'm affraid you had too much alcohol this time *she takes the martini from his hand and puts it away* What's wrong with you?

*McPhisto stood still for a while. He seemed to had a lot of thoughts crushing in his mind. He looked confused as well his face gained a sad aspect*

McPhisto: Oh, darling! You're right. There is something wrong with me... *lowers his head*

AnPhisto: Listen, dear: Why don't you take a little rest? You look tired, so it would be a good idea to recover yourself for a while...

McPhisto: Yes, yes An. Maybe it's the best I can do for the moment...

*He stands up and gives An a kiss on the cheek, and then he thanks her*

McPhisto: Ok. I'm gonna rest for just a while. Also I will check on Bluey, maybe she's awake by now. Enjoy the party!

*McPhisto walks towards the stairway and gives a final look to MonaPhisto. She's sitting on a golden sofa kissing and caressing Larry. MacPhisto feels jealous again, but immediately focuses on the love he has for Bluey. He walks up the staircase, and wishes to just forget about his unfaithful thoughts about Mona*

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

[

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 11-01-2001).]

*Bluephisto wakes up alone. She moves out of the bed and is still sore, her back her legs, everything is stiff and painful from being destroyed and reconstructed. Looking down at her body she notices that she is covered only with a sheet and a large gold ring of Macphisto's surrounds her finger. Slowly, painfully, she swings her legs over the side of the bed and stands..her back creaking with the effort. Bits of the past evening float back to her, Screwtape, his horrible mouth, and Macphisto carrying her to the house. The music from the party spills into the room and she longs to join it after all this gloom, but she has nothing to wear but her sheet. Bluephisto notices one of Macphisto's closet doors hanging open and she sorts though the clothes, borrowing a shimmering lime green tuxedo shirt and a tailored gold suit. She puts them on and although the suit is too big on her, the effect is both adoreable and devestatingly sexy. She forces her new muscles to turn the doorknob and begins to make her way down the hallway when the Fly appears, and approaches her, slowing as he sees her skin glimpse through the green/gold shirt.*
The FLy: Heeeeeeeeeeeeey baby! Good God! What have you done you yourself? Are you trying to kill me with that look?
Bluephisto: No. And if you will excuse me, I am going to the party.
The Fly: You are? Really? *Noticing the stiffness of her step, he offers her a leather clad arm* Allow me to escort you honey. How are you feeling? I heard you were in some sort of accident.
Bluephisto: *Taking his arm only because she really does need the help* Yes, I'm feeling much better thank you. *The party is only a few feet away and the Fly stops, and considers for a moment before he turns to her...his voice becomes much more serious*
The Fly: Look, Bluephisto, can I level with you?
Bluephisto: Go ahead...
The Fly: *He takes off his shades and reveals the bluest eyes she has ever seen in her life, they seem so gentle and are not at all what she expected to find behind the shades* I'm just going to say this because, I know I'm a big joke and what I was saying to you earlier on the couch may have been mostly just talk but I really think you are a sweet girl and...I don't want you to get hurt.
Bluephisto: *Impatiently* Alright, what is it?
The Fly: Well, I see more than I let on to seeing...I'll just spit this out...Macphisto is not over Bonaphisto. I don't know what's going on, but he is really staring at her tonight. I don't know what that means, but I don't want to see you get hurt after all you've been through tonight. *Looking at her with a kind of covert sincerity* I really meant it when I said I think you are a sweet girl. I don't wanna interfere, but I think you at least deserve to know what's going on...I'm sorry
Bluephisto:*Staring at him, she can tell he is not lying to her and she tries to respond as little as possible* Thank you. Really, you don't need to involve yourself so much. But your intention is very sweet. *She walks alone as briskly as she can to the party, unaware of how appealing her slow strut, open shirt and moodiness makes her to every man in the room*
*She enters the room and sees Larry and Bonaphisto dancing, and Macphisto sitting alone at the bar...for a second she forgets the Fly's warning and Macphisto looks up at her and his jaw drops*

*When Bluephisto enters the party, all the heads in the room turn to look at her and everything but the music stops...there is no cheering, no whispering, just staring. Unnerved, she begins to walk towards the bar, and suddenly the party starts again in full swing, more boisterous than it was before. There is something different about her now, something that no one can put their finger on...but almost instantly, swarms of Men line up to offer her a drink, conversation, what ever they can...leaving many astonished dates in their wake. Bluephisto is bemused by the sudden and unusual amount of attention and as polietly as she can, tells them all to go back to whatever they are doing, but they follow her like puppies as she walks towards the bar.
Before she walked in, Macphisto had been sitting at the bar thinking about her and Bona, trying to come to terms with his feelings. Bonaphisto and he had a long history of an intense sexual relationship, but he loved Bluephisto with all his heart, really loved her. On the other hand, while Bluephisto's status as an angel posed all sorts of problems, Bonaphisto and he could (forgetting Larry) do whatever they wanted. Sex with Bonaphisto was the best he had ever had while...well, he was a bit ashamed to admit that he and Bluephisto had not had sex. They had come close a few times, but frankly, she scared him. His heart would start to pound so fast he thought he would die, and his emotions overwhelmed him and ...he had never had sex and love at the same time and for the first time, he was afraid of the intensity of a pleasure. He was thinking about all this, about how much simpler sex was with Bonaphisto when Bluephisto walked in...
His jaw dropped, and his mind went almost blank, he felt a wave of desire like heat pass over him and his grip on his martini glass tightened dangerously. She was wearing a suit of his, the sheer shirt unbuttoned down to her navel under the gold jacket...She was different. Before, she was heartbreakingly beautiful but now she was sexy. He couldn't take his eyes off her and as she pushed her way through the crowd and headed towards him, his mouth went dry and his eyes watered. He slid off his barstool and stood before her, confused by his simultaneous need to hold her gently and tell her how much he adored her and also to push her up against the bar and...*

Macphisto: *Breathless* Darling...
Bluephisto: Hello dearest *She, as is her habit when she sees him, wraps her arms around him and rests her head on his chest. She can hear his heart thudding. The Fly comes and stands by them holding a drink for Bluephisto with a stupid smile on his face, Macphisto glares at him and he goes away quickly*
Macphisto: I, I thought you were in...bed *His mouth waters when he says the word*.
Bluephisto: Oh I suppose I've had enough sleep for now, what a night! *She touches his face gently and whispers in his ear* How are you doing?
Macphisto: *Just concentrating on not either running away or telling all the guests to leave immediately and taking advantage of the long, smooth bar counter with her* I'm just *ahem* fine darling, could not be better *He thinks of a million ways he could feel better with her, but he blinks and tries to focus again on his martini, his un-intense, safe martini*
Bluephisto: Are you sure? You look a little flushed.
Macphisto: No, no it's just *peering at her skin glimpsing through the shirt* Very very hot in here, I should get someone to turn it down...*This was terrible, and wonderful, but frightening...the feeling, that overwhelming burning, blinding feeling he had run away from so many times was now there everytime he looked at her*
Bluephisto: Alright, *setting down the glass of wine she accepted from one of the men* will you excuse me for just a minute? I have a call to make...
Macphisto: *Surprising himself* I'll come help you...
Bluephisto: *Laughs and kisses him on the cheek* Sorry darling, this is a business call. I'll be back right away..*Macphisto closes his eyes and bites his lip as her warm lips brush his tingling skin and when he opens them again he sees her leaving the room still followed by a few men with drinks for her*

*Bluephisto shooes the last would be Romeo out the door of the office and picks up the phone, dialing several numbers*
Bluephisto: Hello? Yes, I said I'd call you...I'm feeling much much better, I had a little rest, thank you. Can I ask you a question? When you healed me...did you change anything, because all of a sudden I have guys just following me around...What!? *Laughter from the other end of the phone*. You made me a temptress? We don't have those!? Really? A male one already? How long has he been around, I had no idea. That would be nice I could get a few pointers on how to handle this, when should I expect him to arrive? Momentarily, well you sure seem to have thought this out *laughs at his response* But I have to ask you...Why? Just trust you? Hmmm, sure...*More laughter* Very funny. Well, okay, I guess I know now...I'll tell them all you said hello...love you too, bye. *She hangs up and laughs*

*Meanwhile, Rattle and Hum era Bono stands at the doorway to the party, running his hand through long hair. A dazzled she-devil wanders up to him and he leans down*
BonoTempter: Hello there. Do you know someone named Bluephisto? I'm supposed to talk to her.

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-01-2001).]

*When Bluey enters the room in MacPhistos suit, Larry laughs a little when every man in the room flocks to her side. He starts to follow them, but Bonaphisto grabs his arm and pulls him back toward her, and regains his full attention by running a hand inside his shirt over his bare chest, then planting kisses there. He inhales deeply, and slips his arms back around her.*

Larry: I'm sorry...
Bonaphisto: Quite alright, darling. Stay by me, okay?
*Larry bites his lower lip and nods as Bonaphisto continues planting small kisses on his chest.*

*MacPhisto watches Bluey leave, then turns around to take his seat at the bar again. Upon doing so, his eyes catch Bonaphisto and Larry in a very provocative exchange. Her arms around his waist, kissing his chest very lightly. Already completely aroused from Bluey, seeing this escalated it more. A sudden jolt of envy runs through MacPhisto's body, wanting to be in Larry's position. He watches them as discreetly as possible, remembering when he used to share the same things with Bonaphisto. He downs another martini, debating in his head what to do. On one hand Bluey was the love of his life, and it took all his strength to prevent himself from going to his office where Bluey now sat and satisfying the desire she put him in. Then again, he watched the curve of Bonaphisto's body and the way she moved, and he remembered running his hands over that body, exploring every inch of it. He knew Bonaphisto like the back of his hand but the sex never got dull with her, unlike so many others he'd had and gotten rid of.*

MacPhisto: *internal thought* Just one more night...

*Bonaphisto catches his eye again and Mac looks up to see her leading Larry out of the room. Knowing precisely where they're headed and what's likely to take place, Mac downs the last of his next martini and sets it on the bar with a thud and gets up, following them at a safe distance. The thought of Larry having what he'd enjoyed for the past couple thousand years was too much. Desire, jealousy and envy were too strong to rationalize with now.*

*Back in the office, Bluey is still recovering from what she'd just been told, and she hears a knock at the door. Half expecting it to be MacPhisto, she rises and opens the door to find the Fly standing there.*
Bluephisto: Fly! What do you want?
Fly: Ehm, I just thought I'd check on ya...
Bluephisto: Thank you, I'm fine. *she starts to shut the door but he stops it with a hand.*
The Fly: Do you want a drink or anything? I brought wine... *his tone is serious again*
*Bluephisto pauses for a moment then lets him in. He sits on the desktop and pours her a glass.*
The Fly: Remember what I warned you about...
Bluephisto: *laughs* I think that's been taken care of.
The Fly: Oh no, Blue. It's never that simple, especially for a devil like MacPhisto. *He removes his shades again, again revealing a set of unearthly blue eyes* This is a very hard battle for Mac. Not at all something that can be taken care of by you walking into the room, I'm afraid. And Bonaphisto's totally oblivious to it, she's so caught up in Lars...
*Bluephisto is caught up in the Fly's incredibly beautiful blue eyes. The Fly senses this and smiles bemusedly at her, and Bluey's heart jumps.*
The Fly: Suddenly I'm not as ridiculous as you thought?
Bluephisto: Not at all... *catching herself* I mean, I appreciate your concern, but---
The Fly: Hey baby, I'm just askin ya to pay attention. You two have been through a lot tonight and I'd hate to see you hurt. *He runs a hand lightly down her cheek and Bluey is very surprised to find herself drawn to him. She whispers a thank you to him, and before either of them knew what was happening, the Fly's lips were planted on hers.*
----------------
Note: I have another half in mind for this post, and I don't expect to get to it for about another hour or so. If you take this in another direction, fine, I just wanted to make a note that this is incomplete. Thanks!

Note to Bluey: Sorry about the wait... Damn classes and rehersals ya know. Here it is!!
smile.gif
Although I will warn everyone that this is a bit graphic... take caution.

-------------------
*Bonaphisto leads Larry to a back bedroom as MacPhisto follows behind them, undetected by the young lovers. After hearing the beginnings of their lovemaking, MacPhisto draws away to another room down the hall and fixes himself yet another drink. He at least has the decency to give them their privacy since he failed to arrive before their "festivities" began. After a considerable amount of time, he quietly makes his way back down the hallway to the room Bonaphisto and Larry occupy and manages to enter without their knowledge. He finds Larry asleep in the bed and hears the shower running. He slinks up to the bed and confirms that Larry is quite the heavy sleeper. MacPhisto turns and spots a shiny white grand piano over in the corner of the room and begins playing softly.*

Bonaphisto: *Thinking to herself in the shower* Wait, do I hear the piano? Wow, I didn't know Larry could play and I could swear he was asleep... how odd.
*She climbs out of the shower, dries herself as best as possible and puts on an old robe of MacPhisto's that has been hanging on a rack, long forgotten. She takes a quick glance in the mirror and heads out into the bedroom. She stops dead, however, at the sight of MacPhisto sitting at the piano. When she emerges, his head turns toward her and his eyes widen. Coming in and seeing Bonaphisto like this was more than he'd expected.*

Bonaphisto: Mackie!! Hi...
MacPhisto: Hello my beauty...
Bonaphisto: *A bit disturbed by the tone in his voice* Something wrong, darling?
MacPhisto: *getting up and walking toward her slowly, intent on what he is about to do.* Not at all, Bona, not at all. I only wonder if I can speak to you privately?
Bonaphisto: *slightly suspicious of the way he keeps looking her over.* Fine, let me dress...
MacPhisto: No, that's quite alright. I won't keep you for long. Come now, follow me.
*Bonaphisto reaches for her dress anyway and hesitantly follows him, giving Larry a glance and blowing him a quick kiss as she leaves the room, closely behind MacPhisto. He leads her into one of approximately 20 bedrooms in his expansive mansion, closely proximated to the one they just left. They enter, and he locks the door behind them. He crosses in front of her and steps very close to her. She can smell his cologne.*
Bonaphisto: What's the problem Mackie?
MacPhisto: Problem? Oh, no problem. A request.
Bonaphisto: Sure... what can I do for you?
*MacPhisto places an arm around her waist and draws her right up to him.*
MacPhisto: Will you give me one more night?
Bonaphisto: Mackie, you can't do this, neither can I...
MacPhisto: Oh can't I? I am a devil after all, betrayal is my nature is it not, and it once was yours too... *He runs a hand along her collar bone and plants a small kiss on her lips.* Besides, I've been fucking you for 3000 years and I know you quite well...
Bonaphisto: What's your point?
MacPhisto: My point is that I can always convince you...
*His hand has made its way down her chest and abdomen and now rests just above her waist. She still clutches her dress tightly in her hands, resisting him as well as she can but she's trembling. She says nothing and he steps away from her. He looks her over again.*
MacPhisto: I've forgotten all about that robe... I must admit it looks incredible on you. *he steps back up to her and plays with the waist tie.* But I have to say that it would look better off.
*he gives the waist tie a good tug and the robe falls open. He runs a hand down her side and she shudders. He's pleased with this reaction, watching her thoughts run ten thousand miles a minute inside her head, jumping back and forth from wanting to fuck Mac to wanting to kill him and wanting to run back to Larry. MacPhisto ponders how long it's going to take to eliminate two of those options. He leans forward and lightly brushes his lips across her neck and shoulder, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her right up against him. It takes all her strength to keep herself from giving in, not wanting to betray Larry yet again. MacPhisto marvels at her strength this time.*
MacPhisto: You hold out nicely tonight...
*Bona weakens and kisses his shoulder lightly, her arms now just barely around him. He steps back and removes his jacket and slips the robe off of her. He persuades her to let go of the dress and tosses it aside. He steps back up to her and plants a firm, passionate kiss on her lips. It somehow feels empty to Bona, realizing that it's pure lust without emotion, but with that kiss her strength snaps and she removes his shirt with a swift motion, and eventually the rest of his clothes are removed hastily. Three thousand years worth of experience like MacPhisto has would have convinced anyone. He hastily lays her down onto the bed and as they finish, Larry bursts into the room, red with rage. He lunges at MacPhisto with great force.*

Larry: *roaring* You bastard!!!!!
*He rips MacPhisto off of Bona and onto the floor, pinning him there, face red and sweating with anger. They fight drastically and somewhere between blows, MacPhisto manages to put his pants back on. MacPhisto suddenly gains the upper hand and grabs Bona, who has thrown the dress on hastily. He stands behind her and holds a small knife to her throat. Bonaphisto is in tears with guilt and fear.*
Macphisto: Move at me again like that and I'll slice her throat.
*Larry stares at her, angry and also afraid for her life.*
Larry: *to Bona* You're here for me, huh?
Bonaphisto: *crying so hard she can barely speak* Larry please forgive me...
He contemplates MacPhisto again, and slowly walks toward him. Bonaphisto feels the blade of the knife pressing harder against her skin and a pinch of pain as it starts to penetrate her skin. She starts to pray silently.*
Bonaphisto: *internal thought* Jesus, if you can save me the way you saved Bluey please... Don't let me lose Larry... Please Jesus...
*Suddenly the blade of the knife moves off her neck and down her body and Larry suddenly lunges again, full force at MacPhisto and the blade of the knife plunges into Bonaphisto's abdomen. She screams in pain and collapses to the ground unconcious. Larry and MacPhisto continue to have at each other until Adam walks into the room and the two men stop dead. Bluey, the Fly, and BonoTempter enter closely behind them. All five remain silent and then Larry's eyes drift to the still unconcious Bonaphisto laying on the floor, bleeding badly. He suddenly softens and rushes to her side. Bluephisto looks the room over and by Bonaphisto's appearance, MacPhisto's appearance and the state of the bed itself, knows exactly what happened. She stares at MacPhisto with a sense of "how could you?"*

The Fly: *to Bluey* Sorry to bring this up, but I warned you...

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-01-2001).]

*Bluephisto is caught up in the Fly's incredibly beautiful blue eyes. The Fly senses this and smiles bemusedly at her, and Bluey's heart jumps.*
The Fly: Suddenly I'm not as ridiculous as you thought?
Bluephisto: Not at all... *catching herself* I mean, I appreciate your concern, but---
The Fly: Hey baby, I'm just askin ya to pay attention. You two have been through a lot tonight and I'd hate to see you hurt. *He runs a hand lightly down her cheek and Bluey is very surprised to find herself drawn to him. She whispers a thank you to him, and before either of them knew what was happening, the Fly's lips were planted on hers.*

*Bluephisto returns his kiss feverishly, and this shocks her. It goes as far as removing his jacket and glasses when a knock at the door interrupts them. Bluey rises and answers the door. She opens it and there stands a man, standing about 5'8", blue eyes much like the Fly's and long, reddish brown hair falling to his shoulders. She had to admit to herself that this man was undoubtedly one of the sexiest creatures ever created. He speaks softly*

BonoTempter: Hi, I'm looking for someone called "Bluephisto"... I'm sent with a message.
BluePhisto: That would be me... how can I help you?
BonoTempter: I'm BonoTempter... you can just call me Bono if you'd like. Jesus sent me here to help you...
Bluephisto: Come in...
*They are interrupted again by Adam rushing into the room. Something is obviously drastically wrong.*
BluePhisto: Adam?! What's wrong, love?
Adam: Just come with me right away... all three of you.
Bluephisto: Why, what's wrong?
Adam: You'll see when we get there, but if we don't go now someone's going to die...
*They rush off to a distant part of the house and enter an obscure bedroom. Upon entering, they see a bleeding Bonaphisto unconcious on the floor, MacPhisto wearing only his pants standing inches away from Larry, both of them hurt and it is obvious they've been in a fight. Bluey looks the room over and what has happened here is all too evident. She glares at MacPhisto with a "how could you" stare. He says nothing. Larry glares down at Bonaphisto, then seeing the extent of her injury, he softens and rushes to her side.*

*Bluey feels very cold and very very sick...Macphisto looks like a different person to her now. She crouches over Bonaphisto and places a hand on her abdomen, the slash heals instantly and she motions for Adam to take her into another room.*
Bluephisto: *regally* Larry, leave the room.
Larry: NO!
Bluephisto: *Puts a hand on his shoulder, he calms down instantly* Larry, please...I will be right after you. *Larry walks out of the room, glaring daggars at Macphisto as he leaves*
Larry: I never should have come to this place...I never should have come.
*The Fly stares at Bluephisto through his glasses. She walks towards Macphisto who is still obviously unstable, and breathing heavily.*
Bluephisto: I'm not even going to ask why. I don't want to know, and actually I don't think there is a why...it's just the way you are. I would be angry at you right now if I loved you. But I don't. I thought I saw something in you that wasn't there, or I was blind to what was. I just feel disgusted and embarassed that I ever wanted to hang on your arm or kiss you or put my life and sanity at risk to protect you from misfortune. *Macphisto starts to cry silently* Actually, sorry. That won't work on me anymore...it's a real pity Mr Macphisto.
Macphisto: I'm sorry..
Bluephisto: I believe you. I think you are the sorriest thing I have ever seen. Do you know who you remind me of right now? Screwtape. Under different circumstances you probably would have done the same thing to me that he did, if it got you what you want.
Macphisto: Bluey, listen...
Bluephisto: Are you going to explain to me now how none of this is your fault, or better yet you did it cause you love me? . Save it.
Macphisto: No...
Bluephisto: Actually, this may make you feel a little better...You were not the only bad guy here. I should not point fingers at you. Mind you I didn't fuck one of my best friends, and then try to kill them...but it's as close as I've ever come to a sin...Someone else kissed me right before I had to come in here and see this, and I have to admit, I liked it...I would never have let it go further but I can't help it...I liked it. *Macphisto is utterly devestated*
Macphisto: What?
Bluephisto: Yes, it's true. I am sorry. So you are not the only transgressor, I am imperfect.
Macphisto: Who?
Bluephisto: None of your business. *She pulls the ring off her finger and hands it back. He refuses to take it so she throws it on the rumpled bloodstained sheets* There. Now if you will excuse me, I'm leaving...there is a lot I would have forgiven you. But not this, not this.
*The Fly and Bono watch anxiously as Bluephisto, not being able to shut off her compassion entirely walks towards Macphisto and holds him softly while he cries*
Macphisto: I'm so sorry...
Bluephisto: Maybe you should give my boss a call. Tell that to him...he might be able to help you. I really don't hate you Macphisto. *She wipes some tears off his face but as she would to a child* I want you to be okay. I did love you very much, and there was a reason for that. I saw something good in you. *She kisses his cheek and sits him down on the bed* But I can't say that I am in love with you anymore, that would be a lie, and I can't trust you. It's really very sad. So goodbye, please try to take care of yourself...*She disentangles herself from his embrace, kisses the top of his head and leaves followed by The Fly and Bono who shuts the door*

*Bluephisto followed by The Fly and Bono find Adam and Bonaphisto in the other room across the hall*
Bluephisto: *briskly to Adam* How is she?
Adam: She is well, her body is healing.
Bluephisto: Her mind?
Adam: Weak at the moment...I want to move her somewhere safer.
Bonaphisto: *Murmurs* Larry...
Bluephisto: Have you seen Larry Adam?
Adam: No, I thought he was with you...
Bluephisto: We need to get him out of here, and Bonaphisto too...*She rubs her temples and thinks for a moment, then sighs*. Okay...Adam, you take Bonaphisto to another out of the way room. Larry should take her home with him, they may reconcile and he can keep her safe. Bono, you watch Macphisto's room, make sure he doesn't do anything foolish...The Fly and I will look for Larry. * The others nod and Bluephisto is out the door, walking so fast that the Fly has to run a little to keep up with her. He doesn't dare complain. He and Bluephisto open and close all the doors in the long hallway, finding nothing.*
Bluephisto: Damn...damn, damn, damn. *She kicks a hole in a wall and wrenches open a heavy wooden door in the corner and starts to run up the old spiraling stairs. The Fly tries to keep up but falls behind and almost trips over her when he meets her, sitting on one of the stairs, staring at her hands. She is silent and her face is so regal and grave that it looks like she is an angel carved of stone. The Fly grasps for words...*
The Fly: Bluey, I don't know what to say.
Bluephisto: It's okay.*pause*. Just don't say I told you so.
The Fly: Oh no no no, baby! Not after what you just had to see...I'm so sorry, that was terrible. Do you not want me to talk about it? I can talk about something else. I can talk about anything, it's really hard for me to be quiet for long, and I tend to wear what I think on my sleeve but I tend to loose my shirt all the time so I just keep on talking. *She looks at him with tired eyes* That made no sense did it?
Bluephisto: A little.
The Fly: *Takes off his shades and gives them to her* Here, you should wear these. They help when I have a bad day and I don't want people all in my business, paparazzi can be a bitch. *She takes them and turns them over in her hands* Go on put them on...go on...*She puts them on and looks at him* Whoa! Honey! Don't wear those ever again, you look better in them than I do!*She smiles and wipes a tear away from underneath the huge shades. He sees this and puts an arm around her in a half hug. He is warm and as she sinks into his shoulder, she finally starts to cry*. Oh it's alright honey, just let it all out. Hell I might have a cry! Yeah yeah that's it ... you deserve a good cry sweetness. *He rocks her back and forth a little in a comforting way* Poor baby! I was afraid something like this might happen.
Bluephisto: *through her tears* I'm having a bad day...
The Fly: Tell me about it honey.
Bluephisto: Well, I got accused of cheating, ignored, killed a guy, almost got killed once, brought the guy back, made a deal with the devil, got yelled at, almost was raped and then almost killed a second time, turned into a temptress without my knowledge, cheated on, lied to, saw one of my friends stabbled, and then I dumped my...boyfriend. *There is a moments silence and then the two of them start to giggle at the absurdness of her day and at the notion of Macphisto as a boyfriend*
Bluephisto: Yeah boyfriend is kind of the wrong word to use I guess..
The Fly: *Looking up at her with laughing blue eyes* Yeah I mean how do you call someone like that up to just go to the movies with you? *He stops laughing* Oh no, I'm sorry...My big mouth.
Bluephisto: No no, I need a laugh right now.
*There is a moment where they both finish laughing and sit there smiling*
The Fly: Soooo, you really liked it when I kissed you? *Bluephisto smiles and blushes and turns away* Unless that was another guy...I don't want to assume that you meant me, I mean you could be talking about any lucky guy who walked up and did something as rude as just kiss you in an office...
*She swats him and stands up, unable to stop smiling*
Bluephisto: Don't even try charming me...I'm done with you bad-boy-heart-of-gold types. But I guess it doesn't matter now does it?
*She turns and looks down at him, her hair framing her face like a halo* Yes, I liked it...I liked it quite a bit.

*Bonaphisto awakens, immediately feeling the pain in her abdomen and thence being reminded of what has taken place. She opens her eyes and sees Adam sitting beside her. He smiles wide, and his smile is devastatingly beautiful.*

Bonaphisto: *internal thought* No wonder he's an angel...
Adam: *reading her thought, he laughs heartily* I appreciate the compliment... glad to see you awake.
Bonaphisto: Why are you whispering?
Adam: I don't want to scare you even further, but we can't find Larry.
*Tears start to stream down Bona's cheeks at the sheer guilt and inevitability of losing Larry. She starts to pray silently again.*
Bonaphisto: Please, Jesus... I know you love me. Take anything else... ANYTHING but Larry... Don't take Larry please...

*Larry walks determinedly across the gardens, throwing stones, sticks, whatever he can get his hands on across the gardens with incredible force. He finally tires, and sits on a nearby staircase leading up to a tall tower and cries. He sobs long, and hard, half out of anger, out of hurt and moreso out of love. As angry as he was at Bona, he loved her. Genuinely, and part of him started to think that he wasn't good enough for her. Why else would she keep running to that devil? I mean it was obvious the sex was better, he did have three-thousand years of experience behind him... what did Mr. MacPhisto have to offer her that he didn't? Larry remembered a pocket knife he kept in his pocket for set situations. He pulled it out and contemplated it for a few moments. Every relationship he'd had, this was the result. No matter how good he tried to be, they always ran off with some other guy with more money, more small talk and more charm. Larry opened the blade to the knife and held out his wrist. This was one rejection too many. Just as the tip of the blade started to penetrate his skin, a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He spun around and there stood Bluey and The Fly.*
Bluey: I wouldn't do that.
Larry: Why?
Bluey: Would you believe me if I told you she loves you?
Larry: But she obviously wants him... *He refers to MacPhisto like he's some sort of shitmonster.*
Bluey: MacPhisto is a seducer. That's what he specializes at, it's what he's mastered. Literally no woman has been known to resist him. It's not his job, but he's better at it than most of hell's seducers, which is why most of hell wants him dead.
*Larry stays silent for a while*
Larry: How is she?
The Fly: She'll be fine. She's badly hurt, but she'll be okay.
Larry: Can I see her?
Bluey: Yes, follow me.
*Bluey and The Fly lead him to where Adam has moved Bona, one of the more expansive bedrooms. They enter, and find Bona resting on the bed, Adam close beside her, consoling her. She's obviously been crying very hard. Bluey blocks Larry from Bona's view momentarily and motions for his bleeding wrist. She runs a hand over it and it heals quickly. He walks over to the balcony and stands with his back to Bona, looking out at the garden with a focused displeasure.*

*She looks over to see Larry standing by the balcony with his back to her, his hands on his hips. Upon seeing him, she cries even harder, trying very hard to keep silent. Adam rests a hand on her back and rubs it gently and she starts to calm down a bit. Larry, however has heard her sobs and is now walking toward her. Through her tears she can tell he's still upset but compassionate.*
Larry: Bona...
Bonaphisto: *Sob, then hesitantly looks up at him.*
Larry: I want to know why, but I have a strange feeling that this isn't entirely your fault.
*Bona buries her face back in her pillow again and Adam runs a finger down her cheek. She looks up at him and he winks. Larry sits on the bed next to her and she somehow manages to turn over, struggling with the pain. Adam helps her sit up and she faces Larry hesitantly, tears still flowing from her eyes. Adam rubs her back again gently and she stops crying. Larry offers a tissue, and she takes it, still unable to make eye contact with him.*
Larry: I can see how much you're sorry... But I'm still hurt. We make love, the whole time you telling me how much you love me, I fall asleep and wake up with you gone. I panic, wondering where you could be, so I get dressed and walk outside the room and hear noises coming from the room across the hall. I press my ear up against the door and I hear your voice, moaning his name, so I open the door a crack to make sure he's not hurting you or something and what do I see? Him, fucking you like you were his all along. How was I supposed to feel?
*This entire time, Bonaphisto has her head in her hands, tears starting again and Adam trying desperately to keep her calm.*
Bona: I'm sorry, Larry... I know it's not enough, but I am...
*Larry motions for Bluey and The Fly to leave the room. He allows Adam to stay only because Bona needs his protection.*

*Bluey and the Fly leave, walking slowly down a hallway. They remain silent for a while, and once they reach the office, Bluey enters and leaves the door open. She turns back to him.*
Bluey: Thank you, for your help tonight.
The Fly: Oh, hey baby it's nothin'. *He grins hugely at her, and her heart jumps again. He pauses before going on.* You know, sweetie, I've been around a lot of women and I've learned their reactions very well. I have to admit that no one has reacted to me quite like you have...
Bluey: Well, you turned out to be quite different than I thought you were.
The Fly: *with more angst than he cares to show* You have no idea, baby... you have no idea...
*Again, Bluey is drawn to him, and their faces inch closer and closer until for the second time, his lips come down onto hers. She pulls him into the office and shuts the door.*

*The Fly leaned foreward, his face inching closer and closer to her immaculate white skin. His fingers gripped the doorway so tightly that his knuckles turned white and then...he kissed her. This was not an impulsive, sudden kiss like a shower that pours and leaves without soaking the ground, this was a kiss he walked into...He felt her arms twine around his neck, pulling him further down into her embrace. She smelt like fresh apples and his shades steamed up. She pulled him into the office shutting the door with her foot and she started to fall. The Fly grabbed her waist but was pulled down with her and they lay on the red carpet in a warm knot of arms and legs...*
The Fly: *His face inches from hers* You are so beautiful. I thought that the first time I saw you.
Bluephisto: Hmmm hmmm, I'm sure you say that to every girl you kiss in an office twice.
The Fly: Not all of them, just the ones that...
Bluephisto: *Raising an eyebrow* That what?
The Fly: Just the ones that make me forget my name.
Bluephisto:*teasing* Yeah, I'm sure you have binders of names...
The Fly: No, just one. *He takes his sunglasses off, and Bluephisto gasps at the electric blue like heaven staring back at her* Just one. I'm all talk with anyone else. You can trust me on that. In fact I'm actually quite shy...
Bluephisto:*Laughs out loud* Shy!!!??? See, you had me up until that point but then you just pushed it over the edge with that one. That's the thing about lying, you have to start small.
The Fly: *Wraps an arm around her, his face hovers an inch above hers* When I was talking to you on the couch? Remember, when I proposed to you? I really had no idea what I was saying, I meant it all.
Bluephisto: *teasing him more* Yes I'm sure you mean it everytime Mr. Rockstar.
The Fly: *Blurts everything out at warp speed* I watched you all evening, I couldn't take my eyes off you. I noticed that you play with your hair when you are nervous and you don't actually drink your martinis, you just dump it into someone else's glass and refill yours with water and an olive, two olives with a stick in them.
When you are sitting on a barstool you almost kick your shoes off but just let them dangle off of your toes. *He gets more animated as he talks* You are kind to everyone, and when you get angry you set your jaw in a certain way...my favorite though, my very favorite is that when you think no one is looking, you chew on your straw and kind of spin it around with your fingers-
*His mouth is covered with Bluephisto's mouth and he closes his eyes in bliss. He picks her up and carries her out of the office onto the large marble balcony outside and up a flight of stairs onto the garden rooftop of the mansion. The moon, uninterrupted by the party lights from the house, shines down on them clear and silvery. When The Fly breaks the kiss, Bluephisto's skin looks like it's glowing in the light*
The Fly: Do you believe me now, I meant everything...
Bluephisto: *Smiling widely and taking his face in her hands* Yes *kiss*, Yes *Kiss*, Yes *Kiss*...
Shimmering gold and green cloth soon falls to the soft mossy floor, followed by a mountain of black leather...
Hours later, the lovers lie sleeping in each other's arms loosly clad in leather, gold and feathers.

*This entire time, Bonaphisto has her head in her hands, tears starting again and Adam trying desperately to keep her calm.*
Bona: I'm sorry, Larry... I know it's not enough, but I am...
*Larry motions for Bluey and The Fly to leave the room. He allows Adam to stay only because Bona needs his protection.*

Larry: Why did you do this? Why do you keep running to him?
Bonaphisto: I don't, Larry, he comes to me!
Larry: And you oblige him?!
Bonaphisto: *Through tears*He provokes me... I resisted as long as I could...
*Larry glances over to Adam, wondering if she's being honest. Adam nods and Larry turns his attention back to Bona. He says nothing, but stares at her firmly. She moves to sit back and winces in pain.*
Larry: *sigh* At any rate, I don't want to be heartless... but I have had one betrayal too many. I think I need time to myself for a while, *Bona looks up at him, begging him not to do this, tears stream again* so I can decide what to do about us.
Bona: Larry, please don't...
*Adam gives Larry a look, suggesting that now is not the right time to do this.*
Larry: Please take care of yourself, Bona. I do love you.
*He kisses her once on the lips and she wraps her arms around him as quickly and as tightly as she can in her frail condition, wincing from the pain both physically and emotionally. Larry moves out of the embrace, takes her face in his hands.*
Bona: Larry...
Larry: Goodbye, Bona.
Bona: I love you...
Larry: You love him...
Bona: Noooo....
Larry: Goodbye.
*He leaves the room and Bona collapses into Adam's waiting arms. She sobs hard and long. When she finally stops, Adam suggests taking a walk. She stands, shaky from the wound in her stomach, and Adam leads her to the closet, where a spare wardrobe of hers was kept for her weeks with MacPhisto. Those days were long over now, and Bona struggles to reach a blue satin dress. She's so weak that Adam has to help her into it.*

*Out on the rooftop they walk and they stop at a corner where Bona has to lean and rest. She turns her head and sees MacPhisto and Bono standing at the other end. Bono Angel catches Adam's eye, and the two signal to change places. Bona looks down and sees Larry riding off on his Harley, leather jacket flying behind him open. Her head sinks down, and she feels someone walk up next to her. She looks up at the person, and sees a kind faced man, late twenties with shoulder length reddish-brown hair. He wears a white silk shirt paired with a black vest and has a set of unearthly blue eyes. He smiles kindly, and Bona can't help but think to herself that this has got to be one of the sexiest creatures she's ever laid eyes on. He reads her thought and laughs a little. His smile sends shots of lightning through her body.*

Bono: Thanks, I get that a lot...
Bonaphisto: Who are you?
Bono: My name is Bono. I'm a friend of Bluey's.
Bonaphisto: You're an angel...
Bono: Yes.
Bonaphisto: That doesn't surprise me... *Her voice trails off wistfully as she looks down the road that Larry sped away on. Bono reaches over and catches a tear from her eye.*
Bono: Don't worry about him... you'll be okay.
*Bona shakes her head.*
Bonaphisto: I don't want to live without him...
Bono: Don't talk like that...
Bonaphisto: He was the first one to show me that there was more than what was on the surface... the first one to treat me like I was more than an object or an asset.
*Bono wraps an arm around her, and she collapses into his arms from the weight of her tears. He holds her tightly. She suddenly has an urge to throw her arms around him and ask him to kiss her, hold her, make love to her, anything, but she panics, confused and still hurt from Larry. He squeezes her tighter, reading all these thoughts.*
Bono: Shh... it's okay... I won't do anything if you don't want it... I'm a tempter, I tend to have that effect on women automatically.
*Bonaphisto reels at the thought of being in the arms of a tempter.*
Bonaphisto: *thinking* Yeah, this exactly what I need right now... to be in the arms of a tempter after my boyfriend just left me for cheating on him...*
Bono: I'll keep it platonic, I promise.
*Bonaphisto squeezes him tighter.*
Bonaphisto: Will you just... just...
Bono: Of course.
*She rests her head on his shoulder, face buried into his neck and he holds her while she cries. Her back is against the wall of the balcony and Bono has her gently pinned. Bonaphisto is too upset to care about much else. She has a forboding feeling that Larry won't be coming back, and suddenly, after a grateful kiss on his neck, lets him go and climbs up on the railing of the balcony. He doesn't let her hand go, and she struggles to free it.*
Bono: Bona, what are you doing?
Bonaphisto: I won't live without him... he's all I had... I have nothing now.
*MacPhisto and Adam have turned and are now watching her from their distance away and across the way on the other side of the roof, Bluey and The Fly are now watching, the Fly is shirtless and is in the process of putting his pants on.*
Bonaphisto: *thinking to herself* Heh... I'm glad she recovered so quickly. *Bono squeezes her hand even tighter, attempting to pull her toward him and off the railing, but he fails.*
Bono: Bona, you're mind is very fragile right now... please come down!

My hands are tied, my body bruised
He's got me with nothing to win
And nothing else to lose.
With or without you...

Bono: Come down please...
*Bonaphisto contemplates the 40 foot fall down to the garden below and looks again down the road, where Larry had left just a few moments ago.

And you give yourself away...

Bono: *with authority* COME DOWN, BONA.

*Fighting the tears, she leans forward and starts to plummet to the ground below.*

I can't live
With or without you...

*She hits the ground with a force that should have killed her. She has no idea what broke her fall, but she gazes up at the roof, seeing no one there. She passes out, suddenly sensing that she's in someone's arms. Whose, she has no idea. All she sees is a pair of bright blue eyes, and she passes out.*

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

*The Fly stirred, moving closer to the warmth by his side. He felt drunk, but had nothing to drink for hours...he had never felt so good . Memories of he and Bluephisto the night before flooded his brain and he sighed and smiled. She had told him that it was her first time, and it was sweet and gentle and so good that he felt like he had left the planet.
Bluephisto's eyelids fluttered and the opened to a pair of colbalt blue eyes, inches from hers. The Fly's arms wrapped tighter around her, and he kissed her sleepy lips*

The Fly: Good morning Angel...
Bluephisto: *Smiling* Good morning...*She stretches a little like a cat and then snuggles into his warm chest, wonderful memories flooding back to her of last night, so wonderful that she forgets the horrors of the day before for a little while. The rooftop garden is unexpectedly beautiful. Trees and flowers grow somehow beneath a canopy of vines that make the dawn seem like sunset...or maybe it was sunset, she had slept for so long with him.*
The Fly: *Kissing her forehead* How are you feeling?
Bluephisto: I feel wonderful...You?
The Fly: I feel..*Kiss* great. *Kiss* I'm sorry baby, I can't stop kissing you! *Kiss*
Bluephisto: *laughs* You'd better, we have to get back and see how everyone is doing.
The Fly: *Kiss* Awwww, now that's not really *Kiss* Necessary is it, angel? *He gives her his most seductive look with his blue eyes and she crumbles for a moment but then insists that they get dressed and make sure everyone is okay. They get dressed but are so tangled up in each other that they are almost making love as they dress each other...Suddenly a door opens on the other side of the roof. Bluephisto grabs The Fly and pins him to the hidden side of the large tree they made love under, pressing herself up against him.*
The Fly: *Pleased* Baby!
Bluephisto: Shhh!
*Macphisto and Bono come out onto the roof. He looks fragile, drawn and sad. Bono understands that Bluephisto and The Fly are there and leads Macphisto the other way where he sits and looks out at his garden. She can't hear what he is saying to Bono, and frankly, is not interested. She feels a strong pair of arms wrap around her, The Fly looks down at her with smouldering blue eyes*
The Fly: I left my shirt over there!
Bluephisto: You won't need it, honey. *She starts to kiss his chest, and playfully unbuttons his pants, and he moans with pleasure. She slaps a hand across his lips and whispers as sharply as she can through giggles*
Bluephisto: You have to be quiet! No moaning.
The Fly: Sorry...Couldn't help it, you do things to me.
Bluephisto: Things?
The Fly: *Slides his arms around her waist under her wings and sings softly in her ear* I have a lover, a lover like no other. She gives me soul, soul, soul sweet soul...and she teaches me how to sing..*He dances with her a little behind the tree, his blue eyes sparkling* she shows me color when there is none to see, gives me hope when I can't believe...for the first time I feel loved.
Bluephisto: *Melting in his arms* That was beautiful...
The Fly:*Suddenly, his voice very serious* I love you. *Bluephisto looks up in surprise at two perfectly sober blue eyes* I do...But I know what you have been through lately and I actually don't want you to say it back. Because then it would just be like a reflex, a polite response. I just want you to listen, I don't want anything back...I love you and only you, and I always will.
*He kisses her softly, and she pulls him down to he ground again. Suddenly, Bluephisto's attention is grabbed by Bono's distress. Bonaphisto has climbed onto the balcony and looks back at her, smiling a little. Bluephisto smiles back and starts to head over when Bonaphisto falls.*
Bluephisto: BONA!
* Bono jumps after her, and by the time Bluephisto looks over the edge, Bonaphisto is already safe in his arms. Macphisto and Adam are already heading to her side of the roof. Bluephisto races past a started Macphisto and Adam and starts to sprint down the long inner staircase of the house, followed closely by the Fly, who is running downstairs and trying to put his shirt on at the same time. He stumbles and Bluephisto catches him easily, puts him right side up and continues to pound her way down the stairs until she reaches the ground and skids up to Bono with Bonaphisto in his arms*
Bluephisto: *Out of breath and reverting to the language of heaven in her panic...* Is she okay? I know you sensed something wrong, I came right away... Bono cradles Bona in his arms and looks down at her with a little pity as he replies in the smooth, sinuous language of angels*
Bono: She's pregnant.
Bluephisto: She's WHAT!?
*Just then, Macphisto and Adam emerge from the house. Bluephisto moves protectively between Macphisto and The Fly*

*Once Bluephisto left, and Bono had shut the door on him, Macphisto sat on the bed. Too stunned to cry. He never meant to stab Bona, he was just trying to make Larry go away and then he was lowering the knife to throw it down, when Larry attacked him and forced the knife into Bonaphisto's stomach.
This was a nightmare.
He sat numbly for what must have been hours. Bluephiso's words burned into his brain. She didn't love him anymore. He knew that she didn't say it out of anger. She just stopped loving him.
The enormity of what he threw away by seducing Bona hit him. He would never kiss her again or see her look at him in the way that no one else looked at him. No one would ever love him if she couldn't. If only he had gone into the office and seduced Bluephisto like he wanted to, but he was afraid of her. Afraid of what it would mean.
He lay down on the cold bed and replayed everything in his throbbing head.
She kissed another man. And liked it. Who could it be? Did she know when she did it that he was with Bona? Did she just make it up to hurt him? He couldn't picture her with anyone else.
There was a knock at the door. He didn't answer. A letter slid underneath the bottom. He picked it up, and opened it. It was a heavy black envelope with the seal of the Father Below himself, it contained only two words "Excellent Work". Was he really just another Screwtape?
There was another knock at the door, a lighter one, and a voice*

Bono:Are you okay in there? Macphisto? Do you want to talk?
Macphisto: No. *He was not okay. He didn't want to talk...but he opened the door anyway. A stunning man walked in, a certain quality about him reminded him of Bluephisto Who are you?
Bono: I'm Bono, I'm a friend of Bluephisto's.
Macphisto: Oh.
Bono: How are you?
Macphisto: How do you think I am?
Bono: I can't read your thoughts.
Macphisto: I feel terrible...and I feel strange...*He noticed that everything around him was sharper and more tangable, his words were crisper and his movements sudden and deliberate*
Bono: *Smiling at him* Could it be you are sober?
Macphisto: *With realization* You know...it could be. I haven't had a drink in some time...I have not been sober since...since...*He struggles to recall* Well, it's not a good day for it anyway. Go get me a bottle will you?
Bono: I think you should stay sober for a little while longer.
Macphisto: Shut up.
Bono: Do you want to talk?
Macphisto: *snaps* No!
Bono: How do you know Bluey?
Macphisto: I had the misfortune to become infatuated with her.
Bono: You?
Macphisto: *sighs* Yes. But that doesn't matter now, she hates me.
Bono: She doesn't hate you.
Macphisto: Oh no? How do you know?
Bono: We can't hate anyone, we are incapable.
Macphisto: Yes, as incapable as a devil is of loving someone, I suppose...*He looks back at the bed* The worst thing is, I almost didn't go to Bona. I thought of going to Bluey. But I didn't.
Bono: Why not?
Macphisto: I knew how to handle Bona, I knew what I would feel and how it would feel...I don't know with Bluephisto. I didn't know what would happen if a devil and an angel...if you threw love in there too...well, I will never know.
Do you know? *Laughs bitterly*. And she KISSED someone else, while she was with me. I know I did much worse but, I wouldn'te xpect that from her.
Bono: She's a temptress...sometimes things just happen to us.
Macphisto: You and Bluephisto are both...
Ahhh, it makes sense now. Of course. Really quite a dirty trick on behalf of your side, we devils have a weakness for beauty. All the same, if I ever find out who it was...
Bono: Don't talk like that.
Macphisto: Well, we devils also have a soft spot for a little revenge too. We don't get over things as easily as you all seem to.
Bono: *Sighs and stands* I think we should get some fresh air.
Macphisto: Fine, fine...I could use a little change of scenery. *He picks up the ring off the bed and puts it in his pocket* I know just the place, come with me.
*They head for the roof*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-02-2001).]

*U2 is deep in a rehersal session when Larry drops his sticks for the third time. Edge spins around and gives him a look, not angry, but only concerned. He can tell Larry's a wreck from what happened the night before. Elevation-era Bono turns around and notices a pale look on Larry's face.*

Bono: Lars?
Larry: I'm sorry...
Edge: It's okay, if you want to break we can break...
Bono: You look pale, Larry...
*A sudden wave of forboding hits Larry. He has a feeling something is drastically wrong and has a strong urge to go back to wherever Bona is. The feeling is so strong that Larry nearly faints, and Edge senses this, tossing the guitar to a quick thinking Dallas Schoo and running full speed at Larry, barely catching him in time. Larry recovers quickly and rises.*
Larry: I'm sorry... I have to go... I need to go... I need to leave...
Bono: Wha---
Larry: Bona... *He rushes out of the room and practically leaps onto the Harley and speeds off, leaving the rest of U2 in a cloud of confusion.*

*Back at MacPhisto's mansion, Bono Angel has moved Bona to a bedroom where she lays on the bed, covered up and in a deep sleep, but safe. He sits on the bed next to her, with Bluey and Adam close by, still speaking in Angel tongue. MacPhisto hovers by the door and The Fly stands far off. The two remain calm for Bona's sake.*
Bluey: How is she doing?
Bono: Fine... Her mind is still in very shaky condition...
Adam: That's understandable... *suddenly remembering the stab wound in her abdomen* And the baby?
Bono: The baby's doing fine so far, no damage done, miraculously.
*There is a pause, all three angels contemplating the same question, and Bono wonders which of the two others will break and ask first.*
Bluey: *hesitantly* Do we know who the father is?
Bono: *looking up at Bluey* She's only a week and a half along...
Adam: Then it's Larry.
*All this has been said in angels tounge, neither the Fly nor MacPhisto understanding a word of it. Both are confused and MacPhisto glares at The Fly, but does nothing out of respect for Bona's frail condition. A sudden knock at the door startles them, and MacPhisto starts to move toward the door, but Adam stops him and answers it himself. There stands Larry, out of breath and looking panicked.*

Larry: Bona?! Where is she?
Adam: She's fine, she's asleep---
*Larry sees Bona on the bed and rushes past Adam toward her but Bluey steps into his path, and he slows to a halt about half way to her.*
Bluey: Larry, there's some catching up you need to do...
Larry: What's happened?!
*Bluey looks contemplatively at Bono, and Bono gently explains the suicide attempt to Larry, comforting him that she's alright now. Tears stream down his face at the news, and Bluey reaches over and rests a hand on his face, calming him instantly. Larry gazes toward where the sleeping Bona lies.*
Bluey: Larry, there's something else.
*Larry looks back at Bluey and all three angels contemplate each other then swallow hard. Bono gets up and claims Larry's attention. He turns toward him and gives him a look, begging to know what else is happenning.*

Bono: Larry, she's pregnant.

*Having been the first time this is said in a language the devil and the two humans in the room can understand, MacPhisto stands frozen with shock, The Fly's mouth hangs open and Larry wavers a moment, looking first to Bono, then to Bonaphisto, then to MacPhisto, back to Bono. Bono nods gently at Larry, mouthing the words, "It's yours." Larry reels, then slowly makes his way to the bed, suddenly being lost in the utter beauty of Bona's pale face, the golden blonde hair surrounding her face. He brushes her cheek, then pulls the covers down low past her waist. Larry rests a hand on the unconcious Bonaphisto's lower abdomen, looking back at her beautiful but pale face.*

Larry: She's pregnant...
*he stares at her face in disbelief, then lowers his own head to kiss her forehead.*
Larry: A baby...

Originally posted by Echo:
*Edge slowly sets the fruit on the table and stares at it with glassy eyes.*

Edge: I don't feel so good all of a sudden...

Moon: What's the matter, darling?
Edge: I don't know...I just...oh, God I REALLY don't feel good...

*Edge leans over, his eyelids heavy. Echo looks at the purple fruit on the table and makes a quick deduction.*

Echo: Oh no...Moon, do you know where the kitchen is?
Moon: No, I...I'm not familiar.
Echo: *sigh* Alright, come on, Edge, we'll have to find it. Stand up, Edge...

*Edge stands, weakly. Echo grabs him around the waist and pulls his arm over her shoulders. He's resting nearly his full weight on her, but he's surprisingly light. he whimpers in pain and clutches his abdomen.*

Echo: Lean on me, we've got to go find something...
Edge: What's going on...Oh God, my stomach...
Moon: What should I do?
Echo: Oh, you've done enough.

*Echo ascends the stairs with Edge at her side. She does her best to keep Edge upright and conscious as they lurch down the hall in search of help. A butler passes.

Echo: Sir! Where is the kitchen? *The butler points.* Okay. Come on, Edge, I've got an idea...

*They make their slow way to the kitchen. Edge's whimpering grows louder and more urgent, until it becomes strangled groaning. Echo pushes them both through the swinging doors of the kitchen. She drops Edge in a chair and shoves her way through the kitchen staff, rifling though cupboards. Her search becomes fruitful, strangely, when she finds the shelves of cleaning products and rat poisons. She pulls out a tiny glass container with an ancient, yellowed label. Gathering up a bit of its contents in the dropper, she orders Edge to tilt his head back. He hasn't the strength. Echo grabs his chin and his head lolls back. She forces the liquid in the dropper down his throat, then drops the bottle and leads Edge to a nearby basin.*

*The kitchen staff is quiet, even the water in the pots seems to have stopped boiling, to wait in suspense. Echo holds Edge's head over the basin for ten seconds, fifteen seconds...and the silence is torn asunder by a sound Echo never imagined she'd hear. Edge vomiting, violently.*

*Echo turns her head away, trying in vain to avoid the sound and the smell. When the silence returns, Echo pulls Edge away from the sink. Crawling in the basin, amongst the remnants of the purple fruit, are hundreds of tiny larvae.*

Echo: Edge! Are you alright? Say something!

*Edge spits a few more larvae into the basin. His knees weaken and he sinks to the ground. Echo kneels as he looks up at her.*

Edge: I think I'd like a glass of water.
Echo: Oh, Edge...

*One of the kitchen hands a glass to Echo, which she holds to Edge's lips and tilts for him to drink. She grabs a wastebasket so he can swirl it and spit it out.*

*When the glass is empty Echo sets it aside and takes Edge's face in her hands.*

Edge: You saved my life...
Echo: *Silence. She gently wipes the sweat from Edge's face with a washcloth someone has handed her.*
Edge: What was that you gave me?
Echo: Ipecac. It induces vomiting.
Edge: Oh...
Echo: Killed Karen Carpenter.
Edge: What?!
Echo: Well, she drank it for years.

*Echo looks in the basin. The larvae squirm and writhe. There could not have been that many, that size, when Edge ate the fruit.*

Echo: Jesus Christ....
Jesus Christ: *as he passes* Hey, what's going on. I was actually just about to take off. Been quite a night.

*Larry kisses Bonaphisto's smooth, cool forehead and everyone else senses that they need some privacy. Bluephisto hugs Larry from behind and whispers "congratulations Dad". He smiles and pats her arm, and Bono holds the door open for everyone. Macphisto sweeps out, followed by Bluephisto and then The Fly. Bono shuts the door and stares at the trio before him. The Fly looking at Bluephisto, Bluephisto looking at the floor and Macphisto glaring at The Fly. Now was not a good time for this, Macphisto was still far too unstable.*
Bono: *Walking up to Macphisto gently and casually* Why don't you show me your wine cellar Macphisto? I've heard it is one of the most extensive ever assembled...
*Macphisto doesn't reply for a second, he just watches Bluephisto and The Fly intently*
Macphisto: I would, but it is very cold right now, and I have something that I must return to Bluephisto. She left it in my bedroom the other night...*Macphisto offers his arm to her. The Fly saunters over and slips his arm through Macphisto's, puffing away at a cigarillo*
The Fly: Why thank you Mackie, I had no idea you were such a gentleman. You remembered my weak ankles! *Macphisto's eyes harden and he slides away from the Fly with great distain* What's the matter? You don't want me to come? I don't get it baby! I mean there's nothing you would do to Bluephisto in your bedroom that you can't let me or Bono here see is there? Is there? I just don't see why ya hafta be so rude about it!
*Macphisto wants to tear The Fly's throat out, but he doesn't need to reinforce Bluephisto's image of him as a violent psychopath...not if he is going to win her back. He makes an effort to compose his expression.*
Macphisto: Not at all Fly. Gracious, how some people jump to conclusions! *To Bluephisto* I was just thinking of a dress of yours so you don't have to wander around in the same suit all night. But if this is a bad time, feel free to help yourself whenever you like, I don't even need to be there. *Macphisto then wanders into one of his rooms casually past a bewildered Bluephisto, Fly and Bono, and shuts the door. Bluephisto and Bono look at each other and Bono follows him into the room*

Macphisto: Get out!
Bono: *Macphisto is absolutely seething. He rips the cap off of a bottle of scotch and sits on a couch, drinking it out of the bottle.* I'm here to help you.
Macphisto: You can't help me.
*Bono reaches for the bottle. Macphisto slaps his hand away and shoves him. Bono lands on the bed* What is your obsession with my sobriety you purile twit? *He pauses and spins the ring he gave her around a finger on his free hand, swigging from the bottle with the other* It was him wasn't it? He kissed her. I never would have guessed in a million years. HIM??? Oh GOD! * He is now pacing furiously*. you knew about them didn't you? *He stops* Yes, you did! *It dawns on him...his voice is at first reduced to a monotone but builds up into a storm* Wait. On the roof. Oh. No. I remember now. He wasn't wearing a shirt, was he?. No. He wasn't. I was too occupied with Bona's fall to really notice but now that I think about it. I am so stupid! He ran after her and was carrying his shirt...he slept with her in the garden! That loud, nattering asshole slept with my Bluey. HE SLEPT WITH HER!? *He throws the bottle against the wall, smashing it into tiny pieces and races to the bathroom slamming the door and locking it.*

*Meanwhile, The Fly has taken Bluephisto back to the party where oblivious guests continue to revel. She is sitting on the couch where he first talked to her*
The Fly: How are you feeling baby?
Bluephisto: Alright..*sighs* Well, I think he knows now.
The Fly: I'm sorry Bluey, I just didn't want him whisking you off and seducing you like he did to Bona.
Bluephisto: He couldn't seduce me, it wouldn't work.
The Fly: *His voice becomes grave* Look honey, I've known him for a long long time and he is very persuasive. Don't underestimate him...please. *He kisses her hand, and she sees herself in his shades* You really are a sweet girl. *She stares at him and smiles a little. His heart jumps* Hey....by the way, I brought you something from the bar. *He hands her a martini*
Bluephisto: *She smiles and accepts it, already looking for a way to empty it. The Fly notices and smiles. He motions for her to drink it. She takes a tiny sip and bursts out laughing* It's water and olives.
The Fly: *Pleased with himself* Thought I'd save you a trip beautiful.
*The Fly has an idea. He removes his glasses, kisses Bluephisto on the cheek, slams the shades back on, and races over to some musicians he knows across the room, leaping over couches without spilling his gin. He talks to them for a couple of minutes and they all nod and head towards the stage. The Fly turns around and blows a kiss to Bluephisto across the crowd, several women think it's for them. She smiles secretly and sips her water. The Fly approaches the mic and coughs before arresting everyone's attention with his smokey voice*
The Fly: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaachtung Babies! (some smart ass yells, "Bless You" so the Fly dumps his drink on him.) Enough of this Sinatra shit, it's time to rock and roll! *A familliar guitar riff rings through the room followed by drum beats like a pulse...Zoo Station begins and the crowd of party goers rush the stage, sweeping Bluephisto up with them. The Fly stumbles and kicks to the music and then sings*
The Fly: I'm ready, I'm ready for the laughing gas... * The crowd is in a frenzy and Bluephisto is having a great time. His plan worked ...he can see her dancing around in the middle of the glittering crowd with a huge smile on her face, sipping her overdressed water. He grins and runs a hand through his black hair and puts on a show just for her...*

Bona's halftime show:

Ad26865.jpg

Ae97121.jpg

Av50530.jpg

BonoTempter
biggrin.gif
The man that caught me in his arms, discovered the baby and held me while I cried...
biggrin.gif

2b68253.jpg

----------
Your regularly scheduled programming shall return shortly.. please stand by.

------------------

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-03-2001).]

The Overture from Le Nozze Di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro, W.A. Mozart) plays regally, signaling the start of Act 2.
biggrin.gif

------------------------
Originally posted by Blueeyes: *Larry kisses Bonaphisto's smooth, cool forehead and everyone else senses that they need some privacy. Bluephisto hugs Larry from behind and whispers "congratulations Dad". He smiles and pats her arm, and Bono holds the door open for everyone.*

*Larry gazes down at the sleeping Bona, and then kicking off his shoes, climbs into bed beside her. He pulls the covers back over them, and holds Bona tightly, his arm over her waist and a hand resting on her belly, and falls asleep*

*MacPhisto, meanwhile has locked himself in the bathroom and Adam bursts into the room to find Bono on the bed, having not moved and looking rather stunned.*

Adam: Bono? You alright?
Bono: He shoved me... I tried to take the bottle away and he shoved me...
Adam: *realizing the extent of MacPhisto's anger* Ok, why don't you go check on Bona? You should be there when she wakes up...
Bono: You're right... *rises to leave*
Adam: ...to clear up confusion. I can handle this.
*Bono heads to Bonaphisto's room, and enters to find Larry asleep with her. He makes his way over to the bedside and kneels down beside Bona, brushing a lock of hair out of her face. He stares at her a moment, her flawless, smooth face and for a moment, Bono wishes he could have her. But since Larry has undoubtedly claimed her, this would constitute sin, and angels cannot sin without falling. Bono leans forward and kisses the corner of her mouth. She awakens at the sensation of Bono's kiss. It sent lightning through her entire body and she opens her eyes to find the same pair of unearthly blue eyes she saw when she passed out. She startles even further to feel that she's in someone's arms. She looks down at the arm around her waist and the hand on her belly.*

Bonaphisto: Larry...
Bono: Shh... *He puts a finger to her lips.* What's the last thing you remember?
Bonaphisto: Fear, misery at the thought of living without him, wanting to end it all... jumping off, and these eyes...
Bono: I caught you.
Bonaphisto: Why?
Bono: When I was holding you in my arms on the balcony, while you were crying...
Bonaphisto: Yeah?
Bono: The reason I had you pinned was because I could feel something inside you... another life.
*Bonaphisto searches his eyes*
Bono: Bona, you're pregnant.
*Bonaphisto looks again at Larry's hand resting on her belly and places her own hand over it.*
Bonaphisto: I didn't think he'd come back...
Bono: You knew?
Bonaphisto: I had a suspicion... I think Adam knew as soon as I'd been stabbed... he was kind of dropping hints and he kept doting over that area when I was recovering from the wound and when I was crying in his arms...
Bono: Well, at least now you have confirmation.
Bonaphisto: Yeah, well he wouldn't say anything in front of anyone else... just while I was alone with him...
*Bono smiles.*
Bonaphisto: It's Larry's baby, yes?
Bono: You bet. *wink*
*Bonaphisto suddenly feels breath on the back of her neck and a kiss on the side. She rolls onto her back and her eyes meet a soft, loving and relieved set of eyes belonging to Larry Mullen. A tear finds its way out of her eye and she smiles at him.*
Bonaphisto: You came back...
Larry: *kiss* Of course. *kiss* I had to.
Bona: Larry?
Larry: Hmm?
Bona: I'm having a baby...
Larry: I know, love. *kiss*
*Larry looks at Bono, gives him a "thank you and I'll talk with you more later" look, and Bono gets the sense that they want their privacy. He rises, taking one last look at Bonaphisto, who is now tangled in Larry's arms, and leaves. A blue satin dress soon falls to the floor, followed closely by a pair of jeans and a maroon shirt.*

*Adam is in MacPhisto's room, and has succeeded in getting him to come out. MacPhisto sits on the couch, still seething and Adam is picking up bits of glass off the floor from MacPhisto's angry throw of a bottle across the room. There is scotch running down the wall and soaked on the carpeting.*
MacPhisto: I'm gonna kill him...
Adam: And she'll hate you more.
MacPhisto: So what's this now? She loves him?
Adam: Well, not quite yet. It is still a bit too soon for love... but she fancies him greatly.
MacPhisto: He's an asshole! That loquacious, obnoxious shithead?! What could she see in him?
Adam: He's proved himself to her to be quite different than people think.
MacPhisto: And he slept with her?
Adam: Perhaps now you know how she felt when she walked in and realized what you'd done to Bona...
*MacPhisto loses his temper again and charges at Adam. Adam stands and puts out a hand, knocking MacPhisto all the way to the opposite wall, which he hits hard and falls to the floor, unconcious. Adam strides over to MacPhisto and bends down in front of him.*
Adam: It's a shame I had to do that to get you to calm down.
*Adam picks up the unconcious MacPhisto and carries him to the bed.*

* Bluephisto is having a great time. She is dancing in the middle of the crowd staring up at the stage with a blinding smile on her face. She hears a phone ring. No one else hears it, so she knows it's for her. With a sigh she makes her way through the press of people to the office. The phone on the desk keeps ringing. She picks up*
Bluephisto: Hello? It's me. Well, things are...they are okay here. I feel fine, I can work. Really. When? Now? Where? Alright, yes. I will call you when it's done. Love you too, bye bye. *She hangs up and sighs...* Time to go to work.
* The Fly is concerned. She was just there and he turned his back for a second to face the drummer and now he can't find her anywhere. Suddenly she reappears in the grand doorway to the ballroom, wrapped in a black coat just like the one that was destroyed by Screwtape earlier. She waves, points to her watch and blows him a kiss. He nods at her and forgetting about the other couple of hundred people in the room says into the microphone...*
The Fly: Bye baby, be careful! Hurry back. *Some people turn around to see who he is talking to, but the doorway is empty*
* Bluephisto knocks softly on Macphisto's door, sensing that Adam needed to talk to her. The sound rouses Macphisto from his comatose state, but seeing her enter, he just pretends he is still unconscious. The door opens and she sees Adam looking a little tired and Macphisto on the bed*
Bluephisto: What happened? Is everything okay?
Adam: He shoved Bono, so I took over and he went at me so I had to knock him out.
Bluephisto: *She hugs Adam* Are you alright?
Adam: I'm fine. Bono was a little shocked.
*Bluephisto notes the scotch on the wall and the glass in the carpet*
Bluephisto: He must have been upset...
Adam: Quite.
Bluephisto: *With a sigh* Need I ask what about?
Adam: I think you know. He put together that you and the Fly were...ehm...you know..
Bluephisto: *Blushing a little* Oh yes. That.
Adam: He was very disturbed by the realization...He asked me if you loved him.
Bluephisto: What did you say?
Adam: I was appropriately vague...
*Bluephisto sits down for a moment on the bed beside Macphisto and smooths some stray black hairs from his white forehead. Macphisto resists his desire to sigh...*
Bluephisto: You know Adam, I just can't get that image of him out of my head, when I walked in on him and Bona...with the knife in his hand... I never thought he could be so brutal.
Adam: It surprised us all, Bluey.
Bluephisto: Well, I came to tell you that I have to go do a job now...I won't be long.
Adam: Can you tell me who?
Bluephisto: No. I can't. But I will be back shortly. *Bluephisto rises from the bed and hugs Adam, kissing him on the cheek*Please make sure that he stays away from The Fly... I mean, don't let them be in the same room alone. Period. And keep an eye on Bona and Larry too...she is still quite dazed and needs some time to recover.
Adam: Of course.
Bluephisto: And don't hit him on the head again unless you need to...
Adam: *Chuckles* Of course...please be safe.
Bluephisto: I will, expect me back within the hour.
Adam: Sure.
*He closes the door after her and resumes his task of picking glass out of the carpet. Bluephisto's obvious pity towards Macphisto makes Adam more sympathetic to him and Adam covers him with a blanket from the chaise lounge. Meanwhile, Macphisto turns Bluephisto's words over and over in his mind...*

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-03-2001).]

*While Adam has his back turned, cleaning up glass, Macphisto jumps out of bed and runs to the door. He can't just let her go, he is going to tell her how he feels and try to make her understand...he can't live like this. He opens the door a crack and stops cold.*
Macphisto: *Hissing softly* That bastard!
*Bluephisto walks right into a pair of leather-clad arms and a warm chest. She jumps, startled then smiles*
The Fly: Hi baby. I couldn't just let you run away like that could I? *He takes his sunglasses off and wraps his arms around her* You have to go?
Bluephisto: *Gazing up into his gorgeous blue eyes* Yes, I have to go to work for a little while.
The Fly: *He looks at her with genuine concern and pulls her even closer. His voice serious* Nothing dangerous I hope?
Bluephisto: I'll be fine.
The Fly: Okay, if you have to go...Please be careful. I worry about you.
Bluephisto: You don't need to worry, Fly.
The Fly: Yeah, I know honey. I just don't want to see you get hurt. Promise me you will come back safe.
Bluephisto: I'll be careful.
The Fly: *Hesitantly* Alright...close enough. *He touches her cheek with his fingers* Can I kiss you goodbye?
Bluephisto: *Giggling a little* Yes...
*The Fly picks her up in his arms and kisses her very softly for a long time. When he sets her down she is smiling and flushed*
Bluephisto: Bye...
The Fly: Bye baby...*He waves at her until she is out of sight and then murmurs almost to himself* I love you. *HE puts the shades back on and goes to rejoin the concert he ran out on but the sound of the door behind him creaking makes him turn*

*Larry awoke after sleeping lightly after they had made love and he held Bona gently as she rested her head on his chest. He stroked her golden blonde hair with his fingers, keeping it out of her face. Her leg draped over his and below the knee it rested in between his. He gazed down at her as she slept and sighed, wondering what to do about all of this.*

Larry: *internal thoughts* It's too early for marriage... granted I've seen quite a lot of her... I don't know if I fully trust her. But this is my child. What else is there to do? I won't abandon her, and as uncomfortable as this feels...
Bono: Stay with her.
*Larry turns his head to see that Bono has re-entered the room and stands behind the piano.*
Larry: I didn't hear you come in.
Bono: *smiles* That's because I didn't use the door.
*Larry gives him a sideways questioning look.*
Bono: I didn't want to wake either of you, especially Bona. She's still frail, so I had to use an angel's means of moving about.
Larry: You're very concerned about her...
Bono: Her mind is in very fragile condition right now...
Larry: I appreciate your help, but---
Bono: Larry, she needs me. She needs you especially, but she needs me too.
*Larry doesn't question further. He gently lays Bona down on the pillow and rises. He dresses and stands over by the balcony. Bono walks up to him. There is a silence for a few minutes, then Larry speaks.*
Larry: I honestly don't know what to do.
Bono: Stay with her.
Larry: I refuse to abandon her.
Bono: You're a very logical, very smart man, Larry. That doesn't usually happen with drummers...
*Larry laughs lightly and swats him.*
Larry: I can't marry her... not yet.
Bono: I understand that... you've known her for what, 3 weeks? Larry, marriage isn't the important thing right now.
*Larry looks at him*
Bono: The important thing is that she has your support, your love and that this child has a father.
Larry: I hope I can suffice... I mean with the band and all...
Bono: She's going to be a fabulous mother. And Larry?
Larry: Yeah?
Bono: You're going to be a fabulous father.
*Larry pauses for a moment, inhales deeply and then speaks again.*
Larry: Thanks...
Bono: Don't thank me... thank God. This is all from him. I'm just the messenger.
Larry: *smiles* Ehm... will you stay here with her for a moment? There's something I have to do... see, I kinda left U2 in mid rehersal a few hours ago...
Bono: Hey, go ahead. She'll be fine here.
Larry: Thanks... *and with that, Larry leaves the room.*

*Bono stands by the balcony for a few moments, watching the sleeping Bona. He walks over to the bed and kneels beside it again, gazing wistfully at Bona's perfect, pale face. He brushes a hand across her cheek, and again, part of him wishes he could love her the way Larry does. He inches forward very slowly and plants a gentile kiss on her lips. She stirs, then her eyes open. Her eyes search the bed and the room.*
Bonaphisto: *quietly* Larry?
Bono: Shhhh... He had to take care of something... he'll be back.
*They are interrupted by a throat clearing from across the room. Bono looks up and sees Bluey standing in the doorway, a concerned look on her face. Bono rises and heads in her direction as Bonaphisto gets out of bed and dresses.*
Bluey: Bono...
Bono: Hmm?
Bluey: Are you okay?
Bono: Fine, why?
Bluey: You kissed her...
*Bono waves it off, but Bluey sees through his attempt to be nonchalant about it. She drops it anyway and continues with the purpose of her visit.*
Bluey: Anyway... I have a job to take care of. It won't take long, but keep an eye on things.
Bono: Sure...
Bluey: Thanks... *She leaves the room before Bono can ask what job she's doing and closes the door behind her. Meanwhile, she turns the scene over in her mind... Bono, leaning down and kissing Bona, and it was more than just comfort... This concerned her, but she pushed it to the back of her mind and headed quickly off.*

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 11-03-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom