AGE POLL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
15 years here

High school student

and planning to be a gynecologist, move to USA and have 5 kids
biggrin.gif

and huh.. wow @ 12 years old

------------------
Laura
Mrs.rougerum
Still the better half and missing the other part :(

hey all

just gotta update my 411 i guess

smile.gif
i'm now 23! woohoo

still doing computer "crap" lol@ mikest

happy u2ing,

olive

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher **

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

Eighteen and a week or sooo.....I'm a high school girl, but only for six more months! yeaaa! i want to be a writer, perhaps a rock journalist, that way i can meet bono...mmm bono......

~l

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
Just another newbie signing in...
I'm nineteen and I'm from the UK. I'm studying politics at university and I don't have a job because I'm nocturnal
wink.gif
(and because I got fired from my last job because I fell down while carrying a crate full of glass bottles of Budweiser. I'm horrendously uncoordinated, in case that isn't obvious.)
Hope nobody minds me posting here
smile.gif

welcome to PLEBA and interference. Sorry to see you got fired for falling down with a crate full of Budweisers. If it makes you feel better, I tend to fall down a lot myself, that is why I have never worked as a waitress.
wink.gif

Welcome all the new ones, though that status doesn't matter...just jump right in. That's how it goes. We welcome you with open arms!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Hi, I'm new here and...

Ok, I'm not, I've been here forever. I'm 24 and will be for many years to come. I work in a company, but I dont know what I do. This is the truth too, I started just before xmas, but they sent me on hols for 2 weeks, so I really have no idea what I do for a living. Not yet anyway. If I dont like it I'm going back to data analysis which is where I come from. I've been a fan since 1988, thats....JC, 14 years!!!!! Blooody hell, Im outta here, I need a life...

See ya's

[exit: very shocked]

OK, I read this post before so I guess I better post this time! My name is Jen. I am 23 and from WI. Right now I work at a department store. In July I move to NYC to go to school to become a pastry chef!! Yay!! I can't wait. Oh, and I've loved U2 since I first saw the video for ISHFWILF when I was 10. Sorry to ramble!

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
im 21 and im a senior math major at biola university in LA. i tutor kids after school and im a math TA at my school. umm...i graduate in may and after a summer traipsing around europe with u2(my graduation present!) i will hopefully having a job teaching math to high schoolers...

alison

weird
in the GA line at Vegas I met this dude who went to Biola. I was like, "Where?" but now, thanks to U2, I know!

Originally posted by izzybeth:
I'm elizabeth (but not the one who wants Adam's pants, even though I do want Adam's pants, but we won't get into this right now....call me izzy), I'm 20 and going to Madison Area Technical College (much cheaper then regular university which is all good with me since I have no drive or direction whatsoever in my life). Been a U2 fan for a little less than a year (I know, I know) when I first listened to ATYCLB. Sounds cheesy and everything but it kind of helped me through some evilness in my life....right.

:: blush ::

Not much to say about me, really. :: looks up at what she's already typed :: Yeah.

And when I grow up, I want to be a roadie for U2. Adam in particular, but I'll take what I can get.

izzy (who's getting a bass and lessons for xmas, yay her dad!)

we really are dopplegangers.
i got a bass, too.
weird, eh?

Originally posted by elizabeth:
we really are dopplegangers.
i got a bass, too.
weird, eh?

o_O

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Hello... yet another newbie here, although I've been lurking forever. I'm 24, and I will graduate from the University of Alberta in just a few short months with a BEd, which means I'll soon be unemployed. Whoever it was who said they teach kindergarten... I am in awe. I student taught last semester in a grade one class, and it was the scariest place I've ever been.
eek.gif

Originally posted by J-Tree:
ROCK STAR!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Maybe that's cuz I wanna be a rock star too! LOL

can i have your cd and your autograph and shiznit when you guys become famous? hehe
wink.gif

btw sarah where the freak have you been?? i haven't talked to you in forever.
frown.gif

oh yeah! the whole purpose of this thread...
18 (almost 19!)
full-time student (psyc major) / full-time worker (scary wetlands stuff) ... ugh! *runs far far away to a place free of college and jobs and money*

------------------
kahnarinha "funky-san" taylor, royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat) :D
U2: 62%
dd: 37%

-------
proof 2001 simon is bangable:
<Rox> I bang 2001 simon every morning
<J-Tree> you think he'd get tired from being hard all the time
virtual insanity
john nude!

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Right now i'm in the process of switching Universities so I'll be going to Southwest Texas studying *takes deep breath* International Relations with a concentration in Translation *breathes again* hehe

i would like to point out two things:

1. she used to go to UTSA!!!! *does dance*

2. she's only majoring in international relations cuz of, well...*pints to the salope's signature*

*snickers and runs away like a giddy schoolgirl*

------------------
kahnarinha "funky-san" taylor, royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat) :D

-------
virtual insanity
john nude!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
lol!!! Yes I sweat yer OLD CRUSTY *waffle*. Ew. crust.

crust?? *looks at salope, and runs away yet again*

damn! need to stop posting all at once!

------------------
kahnarinha "funky-san" taylor, royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat)
biggrin.gif

-------
virtual insanity
john nude!

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 01-05-2002).]

Wow, I didn't really come around here that much in Nov/Dec so I missed this thread...
Just turned 23 in December
Was working in biotechnology but got scared of the "real world" and am now at UCLA working on a molecular bio PhD
And hey about the younguns - it's nice to see that some young people actually have TASTE in music. I was about 12 when I actually started to watch MTV and saw the EBTTRT video every day after school (and the lovely Larry). If the internet as it is now existed then, you better believe that I would have been in forums like this corrupting my mind!

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

As a vehicle it has its limitations: it probably wouldn't get you to work and back. But it could make someone a fantastic cocktail bar. - Edge on the lemon

This post really brought out all the lurkers!

<-- 33 / Insurance

I loved Latin in highschool - and so I took more at university! Caterva carissima mea est U2!

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
40+, Wow I guess Martha, GypsyHeartgirl and myself could be den mothers!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, this has all been enlightening in a depressing kind of way...

Can I join the 40+ den mothers club? I'll stick to my usual line...'Bono's age.'

I work for a foundation (non-profit) that gives grants to writers and artists.

26 years old. Office manager at an investment firm*Yawn*.

The only exciting thing about this job is that I was across the street from the World Economic Forum where Bono was 2 weeks ago!..oh and I get to surf PLEBA and Interference all day without interruption.

So I guess it's not that bad of a job
wink.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 02-13-2002).]

18, soon to be college student. For now a darn Gap employee. Hope to be in the modeling and computer animation business when I get away from the Gap.

------------------
Is there a time for keeping your distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day

Fengche@aol.com

Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:
18, soon to be college student. For now a darn Gap employee. Hope to be in the modeling and computer animation business when I get away from the Gap.

I'm thinking about going into computer animation too! I'm just a regular fine art major right now. Fun times....

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

Frosh at Purdue, majoring in Anthropology.
Actually, this whole college thing is my backup plan if my plan to be a rock star doesn't work out... now all I need is a BAND!
Uh.. I'm actually from Mishawaka IN. It's right next to South Bend, or Notre Dame for those of the college football inclined. I missed U2 there on the tour for several reasons that make me angry again just thinking about it. Eh, that's all I have.

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 02-13-2002).]

Originally posted by numbededge:
I was about 12 when I actually started to watch MTV and saw the EBTTRT video every day after school (and the lovely Larry

I think I missed this when this thread was first here. But what's EBTTRT? I thought I was getting used all the abbreviations but that one's lost me!

Even Better Then The Real Thing, Child!!!

*Bursts into Song!!*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Back
Top Bottom