Advice to new PLEBAns out there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for starting this Chrissi. :hug:

This is not meant to bash anyone around here but please be careful in how you post. Talking about hidden dragons, what you'd like to do the boys maybe taking it a bit too far. Check the FAQ's out. :wink:

Also, if you really need to find pics, please remember that there are many pages filled with pics. If you can't find it by page 5, then post which pictures you would like. There's also the Miscellaneous thread too. BTW, there are other members of the band when I last checked. :lol: I know we drool excessively over Bono but we have Adam, Larry, Edge too!

Also, if you are going to post captions in the caption thread I realllllly don't want to have to wade through all the chat just to get to one picture that is captioned. You know what I mean?

Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just some suggestions. :)

nurse chrissi said:
1. We share pictures (reemphasize the word SHARE). Most members have an account on either snapfish or Photobucket which they actually pay for. On top of that some members actually subscribe to websites in order to obtain pictures that often involves a fee as well . Hence why hotlink is such a bad thing - see this thread for more information http://forum.interference.com/t136029.html. Repeat after me - right click and save .
2. So you too want to share pictures? Look no further than this thread. I learned from the masters :D
http://forum.interference.com/t89742.html
3. Some major event has happened in the world involving a member of the band (or associate)? Look no further than this forum. We have many talented members that will either have screen caps or actual video of an event sometimes before the night is over. If the file is a You Send It file please be courteous and re-upload the file so that others can enjoy it as well
4. Please read the FAQ http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?action=faq. Seems like a no-brainer here but it took me months to do so :reject:
5. We have VERY cool/understanding/saintly moderators here. Please take their advice when they tell you to simmer down a little. If you have questions or concerns drop them an email
6. Before posting a snarky comment about the band or associate of the band please, please, please think about what you are saying. Remember that we have no idea who is reading these posts. Even in the anonymity of a forum like this you want to be at least slightly courteous and respectful .
7. Spell check is your friend. Please bond with it. Nothing is more distressing that coming back to a post that you can no longer edit and finding out misspelled most of the words and what you wrote has been quoted many times (not that this has happened to me :shifty: a lot)

I’ll think of more I’m sure :D

Thank you!

:bow:

nurse chrissi said:

Edge_bono_lick.jpg

Good times.

nurse chrissi said:

:madwife:

(that is why I put the pretty pictures in the first post :shifty: )
:wink:

like this one :evil:
TO-12258-454.jpg

See, if there are pictures in the first post, they'll get distracted by them. I had to entitle the hotlinking thread "OMG HOT steamy new BOno picture with NO SHIRT ON" to get people to read it. (The title had to be changed in order for it to get tacked). :der:

And yes, Larry is pretty. (Needs a trim though.)

Ok, if we are going to expect people to READ the advise, chat posts might not be the greatest idea :shrug:

I will split the thread I guess. I was hoping to actually have this as a guide at the top of the forum.

Miroslava said:
Ok, if we are going to expect people to READ the advise, chat posts might not be the greatest idea :shrug:

Maybe we should compile a new set of rules and post them at the top?

Miroslava said:

I will split the thread I guess. I was hoping to actually have this as a guide at the top of the forum.

Sorry. :reject:

nurse chrissi said:

7156976chrissib123200692848PM.jpg

7156977chrissib123200692858PM.jpg

hence why these pictures are begging to have a caption :shifty:

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures. But I happen to like his ass. Or lackthereof.

Sorry I missed the transfer of your post Jules... splitting threads is a bit of an interesting process...

Thanks for reposting it. :)

Galeongirl said:

sorry that would be my bad... but I now searched those forums there... and I didn't see it there.. or did you mean that I should have posted my thread there? :huh:

not bad

Posting the thread in these forums will probably get the fastest results - especially for older files
Normally someone will post newer files in PLEBA within the thread (like Edge in Sundance or Grammy Awards etc. ) but again if you are looking for something that isn't fairly recent those forums are your best bet

Back
Top Bottom