adamfanfic pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
ok I am back after my christmas break so got another chapter done:)

"Theresa?!" Adam finally managed to find his voice sounding uncertain at first, still in shock as he eyed her up and down, "My God is that you? You have changed so much I hardly recognised you, I mean look at you you look so.... different."

For a moment she thought he was going to say she looked so thin... she had been rather plumpish as a teenager, but it seemed Adam's diplomacy had kicked in which she found slightly amusing and sweet, "well, it's been a while. You have changed a bit yourself.. I see you have lost your mop of curls" she remarked with a small grin

He laughed at that, and it seem to break the awkwardness of the moment, as he ran his hand through his cropped blonde hairstyle

"Yeah they went a long time ago" his eyes swept over her again "I still can't believe it's you after all these years.. its amazing"

"Well you know what they say.. its a small world" Terri shrugged "And Dublin is even smaller"

At this point Bono being nosy, decided to interrupt, "So are you two are old aquaintences?" he demanded realising now this was probably the cause of her strange behaviour, that she didn't want Adam to know who she was

"I guess you could say that" Terri replied looking down and fittering with her camera in her hands starting to feel uneasy again, "We lived in the same street, way back when we were teenagers.. so it was a good while ago, I am surprised Adam remembered me" she tried to dismiss it lightly.

Seeing Adam also suddenly look uncomfortable as his thoughts turned back to that time, Bono grinned and nudged him.

"So whats the story with the two of you? don't tell me you went and broke this pretty lady's heart Adam Clayton ..shame on you" he teased

Adam shot Bono a look that warned him to shut up or he would more likely thump him... he knew Bono was teasing, but it had hit a raw nerve..even if it was twenty years ago.. remembering what had happened between him and Theresa, filled him with guilt and shame that he had stood her up.. it was the last thing he wanted to discuss in public.. in front of her like this.

Terri felt her face burn, wondering if Bono knew how close he was to the truth, she wished the ground would open up and swallow her. All she wanted to do now was get away, it was her worst nightmare come true and the last thing she wanted to do was to look into Adam's face.

"Well y'know I really got to scoot, we have taken up enough of your time, you guys must have a pretty hectic schedule, so we will let you get on" she started to back away "Nice meeting you all, I am sure Mike will be in touch when the interview is published" and with that she turned and hurriedly walked away.

Bono realising he had put his foot in it, looked apologetically towards Adam "Gawd Sorry man, I never meant any harm.. I never realised, that there was something serious between the both of you, I was only messing around, y'know?"

Adam sighed heavily, unable to be mad at his friend, after all how was he to know "It's ok Bono and actually there wasn't really a serious thing between us.. but its a long story, one I am not to proud I play a part in"

He felt a sense of frustration.. suddenly there had been so much he wanted to say to Theresa, to explain to apologise.. he knew he couldn't just leave it hanging with old wounds reopened he had to go and talk to her.. if she would let him.

"Will you guys excuse me.. I got some making up to do" he told the others and walked away, hoping that it wasn't too late

"What the hell was all that about?" Mike demanded as he hurried after Theresa as she made her way back to her car.

"What was going on between you and Adam Clayton... you never mentioned you actually knew him"

"Shut up and mind your own business.. I don't want to talk about it" Theresa snapped, he was the last person she wanted to know.. it would be all over the office gossips by the morning.

Realising she was not in the mood for talking Mike wisely decided to press her no further. and parted company with her to get into his own car further up the road

Terri sat in her car, she was in no state to drive straight away because she found she was shaking so much after the encounter, and she was busy trying to calm down her nerves and get her act together.

She would have loved a cigarette right at that mement, what a pity she decided to give them up five years before.. she glanced out the car window idly considering if there was a shop around where she could buy a packet, then she did a double take as she spotted Adam coming across the road towards her as large as life.

'Oh feck, this was just not happening!' she thought into herself with dismayed alarm, slinking down in her car seat wishing she could just disappear, not sure she was able to deal with him right now she really hadn't considered he would have the nerve to come after her and want to talk with her.

But now he was leaning over his face right beside her window, motioning for her to wind it down, with trembling hands she did so, and turned to look at him enquringly hoping she looked calmer than she felt.

"Theresa, I think we need to talk" he said with a look of concern

"We do? what about?" Terri feigned surprise, but she wasn't fooling him

"I think you know.. about what happened in the past.. you know that night" he looked as uncomfortable as she felt, and she wondered why he was putting them both through this.

"Oh that" she shrugged casually "There is no need for you to explain anything.. I mean it was so long ago.. it was so stupid, we were both kids.. I got over it and moved on, so just forget about it"

"But Theresa I -" Adam started, only once more she interrupted him she didn't want him to apologise to talk about it to remind her of the humilation, she couldn't handle it right now.

"Like I said Adam there is no need, its in the past, let it stay there, was nice seeing you again, glad you have done so well for yourself and everything.. all the best and all that eh?" she flashed him a forced smile.

"If thats how you want it Theresa" he finally replied

She wished she couldn't see the disapointment, the resignation in his eyes as he spoke, it made her feel bad and almost guilty for wanting to get away as fast as possible, she started up her car

"Yes it is..well I gotta go, really" she told him

"OK, I understand" he moved away from her open car window and took a step back "Take care of yourself Theresa"

"I will" She flashed him another small smile and drove of. leaving him watching frowning, wondering would he ever get the chance to explain his side of the story, even after all these years, much to his frustration.

Glad to see you back!! I hope that you had a great Christmas holiday. Thank you for treating us to another chapter. I can really feel Theresa's pain and can't wait to read how she & Adam move past it.

Back
Top Bottom