Adam spread in Rolling Stone mag...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady lemonade

Acrobat
I got this off a mailing list, thought you Adam girls might be interested. As anyone heard anything about this:

From Wire:

"Did anyone see the nice spread of Adam with designer clothes on? I'm sure you
did b/c the word "U2 new album?" is on the cover. But it's a nice short little
article where it confirms that they're back in the studio and that Bono's
political activism is a hindrance but in a positive way because "he's where he
needs to be and " something about what he brings back to the band because of
his other involvements. Kind of nice to see Adam get a little recognition."

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

I just found the subject line really funny for some reason
biggrin.gif

I STILL HAVE A FEVER! I SWEAR!!!!!!!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"For the good of the nation ~ you MUST defile Bono" ~Echo
Get on the Boos

Many have I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I just found the subject line really funny for some reason
biggrin.gif

I STILL HAVE A FEVER! I SWEAR!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Yeah, it does sound a little dirty, doesn't it. Maybe I should have called it" U2's poshest MEMBER in RS mag.."
wink.gif

LL, who loves sexy innuendos
biggrin.gif

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by Bbug:
ELIZABETH!! It's not april fools. I got a copy today
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
*happiness*
*adamness*

do you have a scanner??? I?d love to see it!! Well I got to see it, please.

*falls on her knees

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I don't! (does anyone else? Cos I'm not sure they believe me...)

Anyway there are three huge pics, and in one, he's standing there modelling this suit and there are two women checking him out and I was like, "PLEBA!!!"

I so love Adam and his magnetic pull on us all
smile.gif

Guys, what issue is this in? I'm looking at April right now, but I can't find it.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Nevermind. I just found out I need the April 25 edition, I have the April 11. Blah.

Here's the article-I checked the RS web site last night, and no pics. I looked for the mag yesterday, and all they had was the old one. Sorry about any typos-someone else transcribed it on another site.

Adam Clayton: The Bassman Speaks
Will there be a new U2 album this year? After four Grammys and eight months on the road, Clayton says they're in the studio and "playing much better now." By David Fricke

"I hate to make predictions," U2 bassist Adam Clayton says with a chuckle, as if he's afraid someone will hear him over the midday buzz in the lobby of his lower-Manhattan hotel. "If we get six tunes, maybe that will roll into a project." He pauses for emphasis. "Maybe."

As you read this, U2 are at work in their Dublin studio, where they plan to stay until June, jamming, writing and revisting outtakes from their latest album, the Grammy-winnning All That You Can't Leave Behind. Their intention: to start, and possibly finish, a new record this year. Clayton, singer Bono, guitarist the Edge and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. have already
been in the studio twice since their last U.S. show on December 2nd, 2001, and Clayton claims that, even after a year of touring, U2 are anything but toast.

"One advantage of playing arenas is that the band is playing much better now," he says cheerfully, dressed with quiet style in a dark red T-shirt, loose khaki slacks and a gray hooded jacket. "We can actually hear each other onstage. So the band sounds good." The same, he adds, goes for the feast of unissued songs from the sessions for Can't Leave Behind. "Everything we had left over was finished, which is unusual for us. There
are maybe another ten pieces that are more immediate, slightly poppier, tunes that I know will turn up." Clayton smiles. "Because they're good."

He then explains what happens behind those studio doors: "Nowdays, Edge tends to do his homework and discipline some chord sequences. Then, as a group, we find an interpretation, a unique way they fit together. Or a sound will get thrown out from a jam, and we figure out a melody to go with it." Clayton cites two examples from Can't Leave Behind: "'Elevation' came from a sound, that abrasive guitar: 'We've really got to do something with that.' 'Walk On' was two songs that both had great chords but weren't great
songs." He laughs. "We sewed them together."

Clayton - the oldest member of U2 (he turned fourty-two on March 13th) and, along with the Edge, part of the English-born half of the band -
remains amazed by the sustained power of Can't Leave Behind. It was a record written, he says, "about the journey we'd been through as a band, as men in relationships, as sons of mothers and fathers. It was about the baggage that you have to live with, the sense of loss, like the fact that Bono's father was terminally ill though that whole period."

September 11th changed that. "Suddenly, this happened to America as a whole," Clayton says with lingering shock, "which means people reassess your record and music in a totaly different way." When U2 pulled into New York's
Madison Square Garden in October, "it was like when we played Sarajevo [in 1997], where the act of the band being there was jast a rason for everybody to come out. At the Garden, everyone turned up because they knew the band would be onstage at nine o'clock. But as crazy as shose shows were, it was the audience taking us on a journey, not us taking them."

U2 are done with the road - for now. But even with another record looming, Clayton does not fret about Bono's manic communting between U2 and his twin crusades: third-world debt relief and the AIDS crisis in Africa. For instance, Bono spent most of his Super Bowl weekend, between rehearsals in New Orleans for U2's halftime show and the game itself, in New York at the World Economic Forum.

"We wouldn't get any more out of him if he wasn't doing this stuff," Clayton says, noting that it's great fun to watch Bono turn his acuity and Irish charm on politicians and CEOs. These guys don't expect him to have a grasp of the subject matter. He's able to go in with the facts and figures, thalk circles around them, and
suddenly, where they thought they were just going to get their picture taken with him, he's gotten something out of them before the picture."

"You can't deny the penetration he has achieved," Clayton says. "And it makes the rest of us realize that what we do is important to the group. We need to keep it going forward, to allow him to come in and out. Bono has a legitimate reason not to be around all the time. And we have a legitimate reason to make sure that the time we are all together is used wisely."

Here's the issue it's in-I guess they're using the Sweetest Thing song in this movie

rs894a_s.jpg

Ok, if I go into the bookstore ONE more time and they DON'T have this issue, I'm going to grab the nearest employee around the neck in a vise-like death-grip and scream repeatedly into their fear-stricken face "WHY!?!? YOU KEEPING ADAM FROM ME!??!?!"

I think that sounds perfectly reasonable, don't you?
wink.gif

thanks Gina, it?s so great to read a good Adam interview.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I neeeed this issue! What a great article. I love it when Adam does interviews. And poses in suits.
wink.gif

"dressed with quiet style" *loveth!!*

"more immediate, slightly poppier, tunes"
icon29.gif

"You can't deny the penetration he has achieved," Clayton says.

Mature Mirrorball Girl: "No, that's true. You can't deny it."

Inner PLEBA girl: "HAHAHA! Adam said PENETRATION!"

biggrin.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

biggrin.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Must.....obtain.....magazine....NOW!!!!

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I neeeed this issue! What a great article. I love it when Adam does interviews. And poses in suits.
wink.gif

"dressed with quiet style" *loveth!!*

"more immediate, slightly poppier, tunes"
icon29.gif

biggrin.gif

I don't think I need to reiterate how much I want, nay, NEED this magazine.
tongue.gif

I am so diappointed in you PLEBA girls. The magazine has been on the shelves for maybe a day and I keep checking over here to see the new photos. where are they? geez. you girls are so slow today.

Originally posted by sharky:
I am so diappointed in you PLEBA girls. The magazine has been on the shelves for maybe a day and I keep checking over here to see the new photos. where are they? geez. you girls are so slow today.

Hangs head in shame.

I AM SO SORRY

*cries*

wink.gif

Where I live I'm lucky if I can find Rolling Stone

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by sharky:

Rest assured that as soon as I FIND the bloody magazine, scans will be made.

Well bloody hell.....I have a subscription....I need to see Adam. I don't understand how it can be on the shelves in parts of the country, but it's not even out to subscribers in another part of the country..........
But thanks for the transcript............
Adam...........
what a happy thought!

Originally posted by drumkeeran:
Subscribers get the mag first, before the store shelves...

Well, that would make sense now, wouldn't it? Except that some subscribes haven't received the magazine yet and others who don't subscribe HAVE gotten it from newstands already. Go figure...

NYC tends to get the mags at our newsstands before or at the same time as subscribers in the country. I think its the newsstand people that don't bother to pay attention to how long they are supposed to wait to post them.

I was at the mall today..

And they didn't having Rolling Stone in any of the bookstores. However, in FYE, our local music store, they had about 5 copies of the new Rolling Stone magazine! However, I wasn't able to buy it (long story)... I'm hoping someone else can scan it/type it up.

The article was fairly long. Three pages of Adam-ness! In designer clothes! It's definitely not an April Fools joke... And it's just him being interviewed. He looked mighty fine.
biggrin.gif
I'm going back to the mall later this week... I'm in New Jersey, by the way.

------------------
and if you get too far inside
you'll only see my reflection

biggrin.gif

HAHA I thought the samet thing.
Gutterbrain: Well, actually you thought "Adam can penetr-"
Me: *SMACK* Don't you ever give it a rest?
Gutterbrain: No.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Back
Top Bottom