Adam and Lucy - Chapter 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
Or Chapter 3 for those keeping track. :wink:

Disclaimer: Not true, never happened, Don't know the band or their families, never been to London.

Enjoy!

-----

"Lucy, I'm home!" I shout upstairs, trying to sound like Desi Arnaz.

"You nerd," Lucy says from the kitchen. She yawns. "If you wake her up, I'll kill you."

"Go take a nap. You're exhausted," I kiss her. "I can handle Stacie."

"Okay," she yawns again and doesn't move. I pick her up and carry her upstairs. I set her in bed and she kisses me. I turn to go look in on the baby. "Adam."

"Yeah, honey?" I turn back to her and smile.

"Love you."

"Well, now," I climb in bed with her and kiss her neck. "How long before she wakes up?"

"I'm too tired, Adam. Just let me sleep," she rolls onto her side and closes her eyes. I get up and close the door as I leave the room. I walk down the corridor and peek in Stacie's room. She's sleeping as well, fists tightly balled above her head. I slip back out of her room and go downstairs to practice a new song Bono wrote last night and tried to teach us. He got in an argument with Larry and the both of them pouted for an hour. Larry called about half an hour into Lucy's nap.

"Can you believe that?" Larry asked.

"No. Completely shocking. You and Bono got in an argument," I say dully. "That only happens once or twice a month."

"Ye--hey! Are you saying I'm just as much of a disagreeable arseface as he said I was?"

"Wouldn't dream of it, Lardence." I hear him growl and swallow a laugh, then Stacie cry upstairs.

"Whatever."

"Baby's crying. I've got to go."

"Excuses, excuses. Go take care of her, but this conversation isn't over," Larry hangs up.

"Grumpy little bastard," I say as I go upstairs to get Stacie before Lucy wakes up.

After a nappy change and a tour of the house, Stacie calmed down. I warmed her bottle, sat down in a chair in the garden, and told her a story I made up off the top of my head. I burped her and we went inside. I put her in her baby swing and she stuck her bottom lip out at me.

"Okay, you win," I pick her up again and actually get a smile. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. "Should we go check on Mummy?" Stacie coos. "Okay, let's go check on Mummy."

We go upstairs and Lucy's in the shower. So we go in the nursery and I sit down in the rocking chair with her still in my arm, get one of her storybooks and read to her.

"Are you hungry, honey?" Lucy asks from the doorway.

"Yeah. I already fed her while you were sleeping," I reply, setting the book down and shifting Stacie to my left arm.

"Okay. I'll go make something," Lucy walks in the room and kisses Stacie's forehead, then kisses me.

"Are you feeling any better?" I ask, following her out of the room.

"Loads. I guess I just needed a good sleep." I set Stacie in her car seat on the table and sit with her while Lucy cooks some pasta. We eat dinner and Stacie falls asleep just as I'm finishing. I rinse my plate then take her upstairs. I kiss her head as I lay her in her crib.

"Good night, Anastacia," I whisper as I close the door behind me. I help Lucy wash the dishes and then we go sit on the couch and watch the BBC. She puts her head in my lap and curls up next to me. "Still tired?"

"A bit. I'm just getting comfortable," she says softly. I chat with Dave on the phone because there's nothing good on but a rerun of Flying Circus on Channel Four. After a while, Lucy sits up. "I'm off to bed. I don't feel well."

"Okay, love. I'll be up in a bit." She traces my shoulders and the back of my head with her fingers before departing for the bedroom. Dave and I chat some more about how interesting the session tomorrow should be with Larry and Bono annoyed with each other, then I decide to go upstairs. Lucy's on her side, sound asleep. I snuggle up behind her and drift off quickly.

I woke up with a start when sunlight hit my face the next morning. I hadn't heard Stacie cry during the night. I get up and go look in on her. She is sleeping peacefully, so I go back to my room and kiss my wife. Her lips are cold. "Lucy?" I shake her. She doesn't stir. "Lucy!" I roll her onto her back and it doesn't look like she's breathing. "Lucy, please." I press my fingers all over her neck and wrists searching for a pulse that's just not there.

"Oh, God, no."

:yikes: OMG I didn't see that coming!!

Don't be too long with the next chapter :madwife: !!!

I'm really enjoying this.....

I've got the next chapter written and the following chapter is in the forming stages. I'm just not sure where to go after that. :hmm:

oh please post the next chapter soon its so good and i cant wait to see what happens next, and you write it so well.

Keep it coming!

Holy crap! That came right out of the blue. :yikes:

At least now I know why the perspective changed in this chapter :wink:
*is easily confused* :reject:

Back
Top Bottom