Across the Universe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clementine_rose

War Child
I don't know if this is news to anyone, but I just saw on IMDB that Bono will be appearing in a film titled, "Across the Universe". I don't know what part he will play in the film, but I do know that his name is up at the top of the credits list. I absolutely :heart: musicals, so I am curious to see what this film will be like...plus I am curious to see if Bono can act and to see, well Bono.

Plot Summary: from IMDB
A romantic musical told mainly through numerous Beatles songs performed by the characters. A young man from Liverpool comes to America during the Vietnam War to find his father. He winds up in Greenwich Village, where he falls in love with an American girl who has grown up sheltered in the suburbs. Together they experience the sweeping changes of America in the late 60's.

Here is the link for more details of the movie on IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/

I still don't know what to think about this. I hope to god that Bono knows what he's doing, and that this film doesn't suck. :silent:

forty said:
I still don't know what to think about this. I hope to god that Bono knows what he's doing, and that this film doesn't suck. :silent:

:lmao:

You know, I'm still a little bit hoarse from continually screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT!" at Peter Frampton when they announced the Sgt. Pepper film.:banghead:

clementine_rose said:
I don't know if this is news to anyone, but I just saw on IMDB that Bono will be appearing in a film titled, "Across the Universe". I don't know what part he will play in the film, but I do know that his name is up at the top of the credits list. I absolutely :heart: musicals, so I am curious to see what this film will be like...plus I am curious to see if Bono can act and to see, well Bono.

Plot Summary: from IMDB

Here is the link for more details of the movie on IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/

Hmmmm . . . this could be very, very good, or very, very bad . . . . I notice the cast includes a "merry prankster", so there must be some Grateful Dead music involved, too.

BONO AND IZZARD TAKE ON BEATLES FILM

Another article:

U2 rocker BONO and transvestite funnyman EDDIE IZZARD are set to star alongside EVAN RACHEL WOOD in new musical ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - a movie plotted around songs by THE BEATLES.

The film will chart the adventures of a young British man who heads to America during the Vietnam war in search of his father.

And Bono is keen to make his acting debut in the film. THE AVENGERS star Izzard, is similarly excited about the project which has been created by the writers of 1980s British TV hit AUF WIEDERSEHEN PET.

Back
Top Bottom