ACCCKKK New Video for "Walk On" is on, right now!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mistyrose

War Child
Okay, so I'm sitting here, catching up on some fanfic (sorry, not U2-related, lol) and I have MTV on and I saw a thing that said, "This video was created out of blah, blah, blah." I missed it, but the general spiel was that it was made out of rememberance of the tragedy in America on 9-11. So I'm just thinking that MTV is airing Live's "Overcome," a video which I've *only* seen on VH1.

But what do I hear but the first sounds of the instruments leading into U2's "Walk On" and it's a special video of the song, with all sorts of clips of Ground Zero and voiceovers from newsbytes and also clips of young people's reactions.
frown.gif

Ugh, and now they cut off the very end of that video to play Puddle of Mud which they play a billion times.
mad.gif

And okay, I had taken out my U2 compilation video b/c I didn't think there would be any new U2 stuff to record tonight, as I already have the "What's Going On" video on tape.

Sigh, I'm sure I'll manage to tape it another time.

But I think it's really lovely that U2 decided to make a "new video" for what's happened.

tania

They played that at the end of TRL one day last week (or before) *gets emotional* Very fitting song
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Really, Mona? Damn, now that I'm at work, I miss everything.
mad.gif

Well that's cool that you saw it.

MTV has been playing the other version of it a billion times since last weekend too. So has VH1. What a shame that it took this tragedy for both channels to actually play decent videos (particularly MTV).

Umm, hope that didn't come off the wrong way, i think y'all know what i mean.
wink.gif

tania

Originally posted by mistyrose:
Really, Mona? Damn, now that I'm at work, I miss everything.
mad.gif
<-------- *has no life and therefore can watch MTV at all hours* lol at school I pretend I'm Carson...

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Back
Top Bottom