About U2 members' parents and education

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two questions: 1: Which U2 members' parents died or alive?? I know Bono's father died last year, an Larry's mother a long time ago, but what about the others? 2: What about their education. Do they have a degree or did they go to college??
confused.gif

So you know about Bono's dad. He lost his Mom when he was only 14. She passed out from a brain hemmorage and died after his grandfather's funeral, which was very tragic and as he says, bizarre.

Edge's parents are still alive and healthy. They toured with the band briefly last year and Edge's mother once danced on stage! They are still called "Mr. and Mrs. The Edge" by the band members who named them that as teenagers when they used to practice in their shed.

Adam- I have no idea.

Larry- I think his Dad is still alive, he still carries the 'jr.' on his name, his dad is Larry Mullen Sr.

Education:

Bono: Was in university 3 weeks before being sent back to high school for lack of credits. Once he went back to Mount Temple High School, he became so involved with the band that he took on that as his profession and never returned to college after graduation. There was no need, he has his career~!

Edge& Larry- Took leaving certificate tests to get out of high school early to play with the band. You have to realize, U2 were famous very young, in their teens. There was no time for school, and they didn't need it.

Adam- this is the best tale of all. He was suspended from high school for streaking (running naked) across the campus and never finished.

I think U2 are a perfect example of how you can be very intelligent (look at Bono and all his knowledge and Edge being a scientist!) and successful (they are all worth over a hundred million pounds each) without college. I hope their story will inspire the dreams of many teenagers!

I THINK Adam's parents are still alive. I'm not absolutely sure though.

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

Back
Top Bottom