About Bono At the Kennedy Tribute/Presidental Convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see how this is involving Bono in partisan politics. If he were going to the Convention, I would. But he's not. He'll just be in town. He's said nice things about both Kerry and Bush, and hasn't criticised either, so how could he be involved in partisan politics?

verte76 said:
I don't see how this is involving Bono in partisan politics. If he were going to the Convention, I would. But he's not. He'll just be in town. He's said nice things about both Kerry and Bush, and hasn't criticised either, so how could he be involved in partisan politics?

Perfectly put verte76! :)

Bono'sLady said:
Hi,BostonAnne:wave: yes,that's me,man,I sure miss the old zootopia,how you been?I probably won't go anyways cuz the person I'd like to go with probably won't want to go,plus with all the security and I'm sure the traffic it probably won't be worth going,guess I'll just have to wait till next year when U2 come around here to tour to meet Bono.

I thought so. :) I hope you enjoy it around here like you did at Zootopia. It's probably best for us to wait until the tour to try and meet Bono.

I went to Water Country today and was relaxing at the Pirate's Cove watching the kids play. This woman caught my attention and for a little while I thought it might be Ali. A closer look said it wasn't - but she was playing in the water with a little boy that I briefly imagined could be John. I thought how it could be possible for the family to be around since Bono's engagement is on Tuesday. It's only 5 days away!

All the celebrity gossip shows and several news stories have named Bono among the celebrities who will be AT the convention. If he really wants to be bi-partisan, he has to go to the Republican convention, too.
Also, what business does he have trying to sway the election in a country he doesn't live in? You don't see Bon Jovi trying to influence Great Britain's elections, for instance.

I haven't heard a word about Bono going to the convention. Maybe it's because I'm from Birmingham and therefore about 1300 miles from Boston, but it's the truth. There hasn't been a word in any newspapers but then I very seldom watch TV so I wouldn't have picked it up if it was on TV.

Generally I'm up for anything that creates a Bono showing and photo-op;) but under the circumstances I'll be sitting this one out:|

I have a love-hate relationship with politics. I like the ideas; I hate the contentiousness, the "my opponent's a crud" mentality. I think it's downright dysfunctional and I try not to get mixed up with it. Unfortunately since I'm autistic I have to fight being dysfunctional anyway.

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:
If he really wants to be bi-partisan, he has to go to the Republican convention, too.
Also, what business does he have trying to sway the election in a country he doesn't live in?

1. Who the hell says he wants to be bi-partisan???? He's well-known for having liberal leanings. He only had lunch with Republicans to get the Africa message across.

2. I guess he shouldn't have said anything in Arizona in the 80s about that enlightened state's lack of an MLK holiday. Wouldn't want to interfere.

Sounds like you should start burning your U2 records.

The issue in Arizona supposedly revolved around whether or not State employees should get another paid holiday. Trust me I am not defending the state. My sister was/is a state employee and that is what I was told.

Last edited:
It is interesting that Bono is only NOW revealing that he will be attending both conventions.

If he would have stated that a month ago - in keeping with his stance of nonpartisanship in his advocacy for Africa, we wouldn't have been having these discussions all month!:ohmy:

Makes me kinda wonder if he didn't rethink his original plan.....
:scratch:

Anyway, this makes me breathe a whole lot easier for the continued success of the Global AIDS movement in the USA.:angel:

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR CHOOSING TO WAVE THAT WHITE FLAG OF NEUTRALITY!:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Bono wants to reach as many people as he can about the issues he supports. He's doing that by going to both conventions, not to appease people or play non-partisan. He's a smart man and acts out of his beliefs, not out of fear of criticism.

If Bono is attending both conventions, he's not campaigning. He's taking the chance to meet both Democrats and Republicans to discuss his concerns about the AIDS pandemic. He's being about as partisan as Donald Duck.

verte76 said:
If Bono is attending both conventions, he's not campaigning. He's taking the chance to meet both Democrats and Republicans to discuss his concerns about the AIDS pandemic. He's being about as partisan as Donald Duck.
:applaud:

In regards to the last posts by Verte76 and Oliveu2cm: in all fairness it needs to be considered that people did not know he was going to both until very late in this thread. If it were known all along I doubt people would have posted the things they did.

BostonAnne...you are so lucky!! I hope you get to meet Bono,and if you do.please give him a kiss from me and tell him I said hi and I want to meet him so bad.Have a good time tomorrow and I hope someone gets pics,I want to see new recent pics of Bono.

BluberryPoptart said:
In regards to the last posts by Verte76 and Oliveu2cm: in all fairness it needs to be considered that people did not know he was going to both until very late in this thread. If it were known all along I doubt people would have posted the things they did.

of course. but i still think it's his perogative to go to one, both or none of the conventions.

Back
Top Bottom