about a girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wild honey 7

Acrobat
Hi all…

I’ve been a U2 fan for a long time and I’m on interference since about 2 years I guess, but I don’t really post that much.

I thought I take this opportunity to tell you all a bit more about me ;).

I’m from Vienna, Austria but I feel in love with Dublin on my first visit 2 years ago and I subsequently moved over here last September and I still love every minute I get to spend in this magic city.

I’m a happy person and rarely seen without a smile but one thing that really pisses me off is that I have serious problems with my breathing systems. I almost died when I was born and my lungs got heavily damaged, I spend quite a lot of time in hospitals or doctor’s waiting rooms, my Mam did a lot for me to ensure that I can live a normal live today. I got a lift from Bono last September and he played ‘Miracle Drug’ for us and I guess we were some the first ones he told the story behind the song (about Christopher Nolan). That made me kinda realise how much my Mam did for me all those years and how incredibly lucky I was.

I’ve been tested negative 3 times for cystic fibrosis and they wanted to do a fourth test but I refused. I wouldn’t want to know if I had that or anything similar anyway, I wouldn’t want to change my life. At the moment my doctors seem to agree on that my whole immune system is over reacting and there’s not that much they can do about that. And right now it’s looking a lot better, since I’m living in Dublin my condition has improved a lot :).

So I’m feeling alright on most days, but somedays I just feel different from everyone else. I mean I cough all the time and I have to blow my nose all the time…it’s like as if I constantly had the flu. And when I start coughing, people stare and that hurts – because I never know if they’re disgusted or maybe just worried about me. Or sometimes they’ll tell me to stop smoking…lol. Plus my voice still sounds a bit numbed from the time when I was younger and my condition was much worse, so I have to put a lot of effort in talking to people who are not used to my voice to make sure they understand what I’m saying.

I’m going back to Vienna for the weekend…right in time for U2’s gig on Saturday :wink: and that’s what’ll keep me up through painful medical treatment tomorrow…

I hope I’m not giving the impression that I feel sorry for myself or anything like that, I really love my life but I’m still hoping that one day someone will invent a little drug and I can live like everyone else.

Hi wildhoney7. It's nice to meet you. Don't you even think for a second that you are giving the impression about feeling sorry for yourself. You seem to have a really positive outlook on your life and your illness. I have a chronic illness myself, so I can kind of relate to you. I try to just take one day at a time, but as you propbably know from your own illness it's sometimes hard to do.
I hope that some time soon a drug or cure will make your life easier. Please take care of yourself, and know that others really cae about you.
:hug: :hug:

Thanks a lot to you all. :hug:

@ tiny dancer: wanna get in touch via msn? are you going to the gigs in Philadelphia in October?

Su, you know you are not alone in this city. You have us (me, Brian, Mary, the girls).

And you are such a great girl! I'm really happy that we finally got to meet each other. :hug:

Hi wildhoney! I know what it's like to have breathing problems. It's no fun. I hope things get better for you.

Hi, WildHoney7! :wave: :hug: I really hope they find a cure for it soon and that's awesome Bono knows you and stuff.:hug: Best of luck!;):hug:

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Let me tell you you are the best!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you call me from Vienna just to elt me listen to with or without you live!

I love you I love you I love you! :hug: x 1.000.000

Niamh_Saoirse said:
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Let me tell you you are the best!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you call me from Vienna just to elt me listen to with or without you live!

I love you I love you I love you! :hug: x 1.000.000

I love you too, Flavia :) !!! :hug: And no problem at all! Btw, I got the biggest smile ever from Adam :wink: :wink: . But the best thing was that I dragged my brother and my best friend along to the gig and they both loved every minute of it :), my best friend said she finally can understand why I am 'that crazy' for U2 :wink:.

Cute Irish Bono said:
Hi, WildHoney7! :wave: :hug: I really hope they find a cure for it soon and that's awesome Bono knows you and stuff.:hug: Best of luck!;):hug:

Thanks.

Bono doesn't really know me; you know I've just met him a couple of times and he gave me a lift once. And don't get me wrong, that were some of the best moments of my life, it was :faint: x 1000000 but I don't want anyone misunderstanding anything.

wild honey 7 said:

I love you too, Flavia :) !!! :hug: And no problem at all! Btw, I got the biggest smile ever from Adam :wink: :wink: . But the best thing was that I dragged my brother and my best friend along to the gig and they both loved every minute of it :), my best friend said she finally can understand why I am 'that crazy' for U2 :wink:.

Yes! That sounds brilliant!

And no wonder Adam gave you that big big smile! He prolly couldn't resist yours! :wink:

I can't wait for you to get back to Dublin so we can go for a drink and gossip like mad! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom